Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? (3723 Views)

House Music / Do You Like South African Or House Music? Then Download This Hit Banger Mixtape / House Music In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by yoruba: 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2009
I listen to deep house, tribal house, deep tech, soulful house. My favorite house producers are Ralf Gum, Dennis Ferrer, DJ Gregory, Julien Jabre, Copyright, Charles Webster, Blue Six, David Tort, Quentin Harris, Louie Vega, Jazzanova, Onsunlade but I'm particularly a Yoruba Soul fan.

I'm just interested to know if there is any House Dj's and House music lovers on Nairaland.
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by djayxpro: 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
i think u should explain wat u mean by house music?!!!!
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by dominique(f): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2009
djay x-pro:

i think u should explain wat u mean by house music?!!!!

WORD!!!! what tha heck is house music none of those artists he listed even sound vaguely familiar undecided tongue

1 Like

Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by yoruba: 7:58am On Nov 18, 2009
House is a style of electronic dance music that originated in Chicago, Illinois, USA in the early 1980s. It was initially popularized in discothèques catering to the African-American, Latino American communities in Chicago. It eventually spread to other parts of the U.S. including New York City, New Jersey, and Detroit. It eventually reached Europe before becoming infused in mainstream pop and dance music worldwide.

House is strongly influenced by elements of soul- and funk-infused varieties of disco. House generally mimics disco's percussion, especially the use of a prominent bass drum on every beat, but may feature a prominent synthesizer bassline, electronic drums, electronic effects, funk and pop samples, and reverb- or delay-enhanced vocals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_music
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by yoruba: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2009
Tribal house is a form of electronic dance music derived from house music but being highly drum-centric and often without a core melody.

In many tribal house tracks, it is rare to find a core melody or prolonged synth sound, such as those found in house music and similar electronic music styles. Instead, tribal house tracks rely on sophisticated drum patterns for their rhythm. A track can consist of several different drum sounds.

There is no clear-cut definition of tribal house music, instead tracks are usually classified or perceived as tribal because of their live sound. Tribal house is reminiscent of the ethnic music of various tribes of Africa and South America, and it is not unusual for this music to feature chanting and ululation as a cappellas. Tribal music can be produced with either live (ie. with real drums and instruments) or digital instrumentation: however, live-produced music of this sort in the purest sense is seen as ethnic, while digital tribal music is called 'tribal house'.

Tribal house is a fusion of various styles of electronic dance music (see Latin House and African House), and can range from uplifting and cheerful to dark and aggressive in mood. It can sometimes distort the boundaries between dark house, which is an offshoot of progressive house, and tech-house, a more techno-like, yet jazzy kind of house, as if mixing intelligent dance music and minimal techno. Tribal music can be produced in such a way that it absorbs the characteristics of all styles of house music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribal_house
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 16, 2010
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by Femex(m): 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2010
I listen to house but the ones from SA, from famous artists like Revolution, DJ cleo, DJ Cndo, Bojo Mojo etc,
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by malaza: 9:21am On Nov 17, 2010
Am also big on house, very big and mostly is South African. This festive season promises to be a bumpy one, with Kwaito and house being he tunes of very party. Am a fan of Black Coffee. I have already started my collection for this festive with Oskido's tenth commandment( 2 discs), Soul candy session five ( 5 discs) and Proffessor with University of kalawa already in my collection. am now gunning for Zakes Bantwini, " House is a universal language spoken and understood by all, this is my house and also your house" now lets dance
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by yoruba: 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2010
heheheh thanks for the reply guys, never thought anyone would reply,
Aqbar:

Hey big fan of House music here am never tired of Kerri Chandler, Jimpster, Shapeshifters, Soul System, Frankie Knuckles, Atjazz, Jazzanova, Rhythm Plate, Soul Immigrants, Groove Committee and loads of many others, Kwaito is also my cup of tea and also Jazz, Jazz-Hiphop, and everything funky that exists on this planet earth including the almighty Afrobeat so do not feel dissapointed that many Nigerians do not appreciate such cuss they're some out there that do even if they're in the minutest minority so keep your head YORUBA, as a matter of fact I kinda think of the yoruba ethnic group when I think about the appreciation of Jazz and Funk in Nigeria, dont bother its just some idiosyncratic trivia. wink
thats more kinda like my stuff,
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 19, 2010
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by malaza: 7:22am On Nov 19, 2010
lol, is Osunlade a Yoruba? i didn't know of Yoruba house, if you guys have any links on videos of Youruba soulful house on youtube please recommend. i know the likes of Mano Mano, Louise Vega, Frank Roger and Osunlade through the remixes of their hits by our SA guys, yes Deep house has taken over. i have to say i was a bit surprised with the question about what house music is, maybe its cos i am blinded by the environment surrounding me because house music is huge in Southern Africa.
Re: Any House Music Listeners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Papoose Is Nigerian? / Lyrics:m.i – 6 Foot, 7 Foot Feat. Phenom : >fireeee! / Introducing Lady Zee (azizat Sadiq) Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.