Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? (22569 Views)

What Is The Estimated Cost Of This Floor Plan? / I Need Advice On The Estimated Cost Of This Duplex Please! / Estimated Cost Of Building Ground Floor Of A Story Building. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by val15: 8:56am On Dec 24, 2016
Nice
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Barselonia(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:

Location is opic estate , badagry express way, agbara axis.

It's a dry land. So regular upstairs foundation.

I think the blocks are too much, 2000 blocks to foundation?? How many blocks would then then finish the house?

And if iron bender is 18k a ton, am using 1/4 and 3/4 which is a total of 2tons approximately, which should be 18x2=36k , so why am I being charged almost 200k?

Will upload the plan
The block not much depends on how high ur foundation
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Barselonia(m): 9:01am On Dec 24, 2016
Frankgoz:

My brother where on earth is setting 10k in this country I will advice u not 2 mislead this woman. Is inly a one unit shop u can set out 4 dat price.
No mind some people.. ..they always compare a bricklayer work to an engineer.. .
If I go setting out for anybody.. .i collect at least 20k.. .. Unless my relationship with d person sha.. .
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by hismerhill(m): 9:01am On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:
Hello all

I want to your opinion on this estimate, i think it's its high but my contractor insists there is no west we could do it cheaper.

Foundation for 6 flats, i.e Of 2bedroom each. 3flats ground floor and 3flats upstairs.

Is there any area of this estimate that we might be able to reduce to make a saving?

Spydder880
Mufutau55
Erico2k2

All experienced builders in the house pls chip in smiley

When I saw d quotation from d beginning I applaud d guy who put dis together for u he has done a great job, but my educated experience prompt me to ask myself if all u wanna do is develop just a bedroom out of dis building again ur drawings and ur drawings and response to comment prove me wrong..

Firstly I lay bold to tell u dat d blocks aint enoff for fdn because I stay at agbara and I no our land very well. dat aside, d cement will not be enoff...

To cut it short sir/ma u need d service of QS who will give u an unprice bill for each stage in d construction of d project..

Example from fdn to DPC also known as German floor or oversite concrete. U no d amount of blocks, cement, iron rods, cost of work force and u will able to plan ur budget sir!ma..

In construction d client is d overall Engineer so u av to always be on d know to avoid unnecessary expense..

Aku odun

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by jaspertosin: 9:05am On Dec 24, 2016
I think this quote is very fair!
Mind you some items won't be accurately correct so "plus and minus"
Also don't use 6" blocks at all for the foundation very WRONG
NOTE that filling sand and german floor not included
make sure the foundation depth is at least 3 blocks in the ground
ur "blinding" should be 150mm thick
Foundation base Should be more

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Paleegee(m): 9:18am On Dec 24, 2016
9inch Block 1700
Cement. 45bags(including Bland)
Workmanship 100K.
Note: the Excavating but be 1200m deep and 600m wide that is to my own Technical Experience since there will be load carrying. So there for if he is using that measurement so that is ok for 65K woow I must tell you very very cheap, Thanks.
Hmm

My brother lay it out here ,
There is know need for private calls[/quote]
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Adegbulugbe(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2016
The only question I will ask before I talk is that, the bricklayer and labour cages, is casting of the column base and even the columns included? then if not, the charges is high.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by megapro(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2016
Trying to get 3 flats a floor with those two steps will always give you tiny spaces on the ground floor, otherwise figure looks resonable.

Iron bender is fine at 45 for he is handling 16mm for the column starters
155 is also reasonable cos even if it is N50 a block, they count half blocks and might not agree for 100 a day for 9" blocks. They might not count blocks for forming also and set fewer that day.

2000 blocks might not get you to the desired DPC

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by smiley001(m): 9:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Nice to see that you have finally got a land to build another property pertaining your other thread.

Good Luck on this project ma.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:

Location is opic estate , badagry express way, agbara axis.

It's a dry land. So regular upstairs foundation.

I think the blocks are too much, 2000 blocks to foundation?? How many blocks would then then finish the house?

And if iron bender is 18k a ton, am using 1/4 and 3/4 which is a total of 2tons approximately, which should be 18x2=36k , so why am I being charged almost 200k?

Will upload the plan
Hello guy, is there a way I can get land in this estate? Please pm me. Really need to get land in badagry. Or you can just pass me the contact of any reputable estate agent.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Aventures(m): 9:52am On Dec 24, 2016
An honest and fair quote. It is sometimes funny how peeps quickly judge wrongly.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by fendorf(m): 9:56am On Dec 24, 2016
Contact us for your granite and sharpsand
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by koolblu1(m): 10:05am On Dec 24, 2016
Pay a quantity surveyor to do the estimates for you. QED
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by waldigit: 10:05am On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:
Hello all

I want to your opinion on this estimate, i think it's its high but my contractor insists there is no west we could do it cheaper.

Foundation for 6 flats, i.e Of 2bedroom each. 3flats ground floor and 3flats upstairs.

Is there any area of this estimate that we might be able to reduce to make a saving?

Spydder880
Mufutau55
Erico2k2

Roughly if it is to dpc (German flr.) it may be OK. but if it's not it's on the high side. esp the supervision.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:07am On Dec 24, 2016
PqsMike:

NOTE

1. This is not a Bill of Quantity.... This is just a quotation.
2. The contractor is smart ...The quotation is a give and take ....some parts a low and some are ridiculously high.
3. I'm seeing a 6inches block in your foundation.... PLS, DONT USE A 6" BLOCK FOR FOUNDATION... It is technically wrong.
4. Why didn't he include the cost of filling to it ?
5. Get a Quantity Surveyor to prepare a precise Bill of Quantity and to also manage the project for you.

NB
I'm a trained Quantity Surveyor by profession and still the MD/CEO of NewHome construction. I've worked with a couple of Nairalanders too.

Contact me: check my profile
hmmmm...oga you have done your part when you talked about Bill of quantity but saying you can manage the site based on your profession....is something I wonder what the building industry has turned into...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by koolblu1(m): 10:10am On Dec 24, 2016
If you feel this is not modest enough, Pay a quantity surveyor. QED.
Sorry to say.. but your type is the type who would want to build a house and get all the services for free. Architectural design free
Structural design free
Mechanical and electrical design free
Labour free.

We see your type every now and then.

bebe2:
Hello all

Spydder880
Mufutau55
Erico2k2

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 10:58am On Dec 24, 2016
koolblu1:
If you feel this is not modest enough, Pay a quantity surveyor. QED.
Sorry to say.. but your type is the type who would want to build a house and get all the services for free. Architectural design free
Structural design free
Mechanical and electrical design free
Labour free.

We see your type every now and then.

Did I get the land for free?

You had a chance to make sense but u decided to ,,,,,,,,,
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:03am On Dec 24, 2016
megapro:
Trying to get 3 flats a floor with those two steps will always give you tiny spaces on the ground floor, otherwise figure looks resonable.

Iron bender is fine at 45 for he is handling 16mm for the column starters
155 is also reasonable cos even if it is N50 a block, they count half blocks and might not agree for 100 a day for 9" blocks. They might not count blocks for forming also and set fewer that day.

2000 blocks might not get you to the desired DPC

Thank you bros

I will change the 6inch to 9inch and get more block.

I would have done this foundation longtime ago but the fear of being cheated again has been stopping me
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2016
spyder880:

An oversite concrete cast is the "German floor"

Okkk

Tnk u
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:13am On Dec 24, 2016
Frankgoz:

obviuosly there is not and look at the whole quotation itself!!!! It wouldnt be surprise to say madam wants cheap labour sot off. Cos that quotation is not all encompassing its kinda unprofessional and crappy!!

Why wud u say that, am asking for opinions, this is not my first property.

This Same guy has built 2flat's for me before.

Don't be like dat.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:16am On Dec 24, 2016
VictorRomanov:

rushing to have an opinion on a matter when u don't have all the details, either makes u look foolish or appear as a bad belle. I doubt with the plan above that the quotation will even be enough. That quote is half the actual price. And u re saying it's too much.

Bebe2, I suggest u get a professional QS or an experienced civil engineer or builder to give u a better estimate. The materials and labour are unestimated.

Tnk u sir

First I need to get a cheaper building, this plan looks expensive to build.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Frankgoz(m): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:

Why wud u say that, am asking for opinions, this is not my first property.

This Same guy has built 2flat's for me before.

Don't be like dat.

. As for the quotation I still dont see professionalism in that even though is a part quotation.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by feeloscar(m): 11:35am On Dec 24, 2016
bebe2:

Yea, I understand the setting out, but 65k for clearing?? No wood to be uprooted oo

155k for bricklayer??but at 50# per block , 2000 block comes to 100k

I think he inflated the labour,

How much does iron bender charge per ton? But less than 2tons ? He is charging about 150k.

AM a woman so still learning.
Who will mix and cast the concrete, you? How many starter bars and baskets are we talking about?
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:37am On Dec 24, 2016
jeftalene:

1. What is available on the website now is labour rates per day. We are still putting together the labour rate (on contract) per ton of rebars and so on. Always visit www.engineerosaz..com to check for updates. Its work in progress!

2. Genrally for labour rates, the cost normally hovers around 15% of the cost of materials. Considering the quote, the cost of all the materials for the Steel work is about 201600. It is therefore safe to conclude that the 30k would have being a better deal. However the extra 15k may have been included to cover supervisions, if supervision fee is not quoted separately.

3. From the quantity of reinforcement i see in the list, i could easily deduce that the land is perceived to be very stable at shallow depth and perhaps a traditional strip foundation with blocks and columns is to be adopted. If this is true, my advice is for you to also pad the strip. overtime, we have observed that buildings of this size (or load) built on this type of foundation begins to deflect and crack within the first 5-10 years after completion. it is therefore safer to also pad the strip. Here is a link on how to do this; http://engineerosaz..com/2016/10/on-foundations-it-is-safer-to-pad-strip_30.html

Tnk u very much, will pass this on to him.

The unfortunate thing is I won't be home at that time,

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 24, 2016
PqsMike:

NOTE

3. I'm seeing a 6inches block in your foundation.... PLS, DONT USE A 6" BLOCK FOR FOUNDATION... It is technically wrong.

Lobatan!

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:39am On Dec 24, 2016
feeloscar:
Who will mix and cast the concrete, you?

No,

We just doing the setting out, no filling or casting yet.

I will ask him about the basket.

U didn't need to be rude though .

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:49am On Dec 24, 2016
smiley001:
Nice to see that you have finally got a land to build another property pertaining your other thread.

Good Luck on this project ma.

This is an old one , had it for about 7yrs, still haven't found that special one cheesy
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:51am On Dec 24, 2016
gustalnov:

Hello guy, is there a way I can get land in this estate? Please pm me. Really need to get land in badagry. Or you can just pass me the contact of any reputable estate agent.

Not really sure,

I bought mine 7yrs ago, I wasn't even there.

U can check on nairaland , there are lots if estate agents that can help
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by sensegiver: 11:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Madam congrats!

Couple of things to note.

1.Try to replace the 6inches blocks to 9inches. 6 inches are ok for partitioning but I still prefer 9inches. Most ladies prefer 9inches to 6inches anyways tongue

2. Am guessing you want to monitor this remotely, its tough but very doable. Shop / buy your materials yourself. You will save alot.

3. Run very very far from anything Brabus, N3xt or Nexthome. Treat like a plaque.

4. Ask as many questions as possible. Person wey dey ask for direction hardly lost o.

I wish you God's speed. It will be a success.

3strikes!!!
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by bebe2(f): 11:54am On Dec 24, 2016
Aventures:
An honest and fair quote. It is sometimes funny how peeps quickly judge wrongly.

Lol

Gd morning, I no hear from again grin
I will go ahead with a little tweaking of the plan.
Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by Jhamzy(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
Good plan! Athough the prices of materials are quite fluctuating in the market presently. I will strongky advice that you should take proper account and have a one on one contact with all your suppliers. Dont just agree with one supplier. As a matter of fact have different suppliers. No shame and negligence on project like this. Its your money we are talking about here.
Meanwhile, i can handle the electrification (LV & ELV) of the whole building at a cheap cost and as desired by you. Design and implementation inclusive. You can contact me on 08130415787. Engr Jatto.
bebe2:
Hello all

Spydder880
Mufutau55
Erico2k2

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of My 6flat Foundation. Overpriced?? by ogasman(m): 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
1.5mil

I like the budget but rare

U need 1.2 million alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Guts 5-Storey Building At Balogun Market In Lagos / My Fight With My Landlord / Lagos To Deliver Sangotedo, Lekki Housing Schemes Before Year End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.