Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,892 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:07 AM

Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori (25296 Views)

James Ibori At The Burial Of Johnbull Fatimiro In Delta (Photos) / James Ibori Released From Prison / Ribadu’s Excesses, Not Me, Removed Him From Office – Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by sexyjob(m): 4:14am On Dec 22, 2016
Chief James Onanefe Ibori has asked journalists to stop maligning him almost on daily basis. Ibori made this in a statement of Sunday signed Tony Eluemunor, Head of Ibori’s Media Office.

He said that Ibori has particularly condemned the bare-faced lies, that some journalists and news organizations, have continued to heap against him.

What makes it galling is that the matter under contention was the Department of State Security’s report that stopped the Senate from confirming Mr. Ibrahim Magu as the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and did not warrant the dragging in of Ibori’s name at all.

Yet, the online publication went wild all the same, making baseless accusations against Ibori, though it had said it was checking the facts in DSS’ allegations.

Specifically, on “ALLEGATION ONE: That during the tenure of Farida Waziri as EFCC chairperson, sensitive documents were found in Mr. Magu’s home”, the online newspaper wrote: “The facts do not support that claim. A reporter for this newspaper extensively reported that event in 2008 when it happened, and is familiar with what transpired at the time”.
Chief James Onanefe Ibori

Ibori is not concerned with the fact that the publication chose not to cross-check the facts but rested on answers a journalist got almost a decade ago, and he did not say how he acquired that information, no, that is left with readers to worry about. What Ibori finds irresponsible is what follows:

“Based on pressure from political gladiators of the period (among which were former Governors James Ibori and Bukola Saraki), then President Musa Yar’Adua unceremoniously removed Nuhu Ribadu as chairman of the EFCC”.

Mr. Nasir el-Rufai has exposed this claim as a terrible lie. In his book, The Accidental Public Servant”, he stated the source of the trouble he and Ribadu had with the late President Umar Yar’Adua. On page 358, in a section entitled “Umaru Asks Nuhu for Support: the Beginning of Our Trouble” he wrote that Ribadu was so maddened that former President Olusegun Obasanjo had favoured Yar’Adua above Nasir-el-Rufai to succeed him as President in 2007 that he told Yar’Adua to his face:” Well, Obasanjo has not told me, and as far as the presidency is concerned, I have my candidate for president, and that is El-Rufai.

El-Rufai continued on page 359: “It took sometime before Nuhu figured out Obasanjo’s games and what was really happening. Nuhu’s instinctive reaction was that of a typical policeman – dust of EFCC’s files and comb for petitions against Umaru. Nuhu did not realize it at that time, but he was the one in trouble not Obasanjo or Umaru. He dusted off all the files against Umaru and launched investigations. He was clearly trying to take Yar’Adua out of the race and narrow all options to zero except for El-Rufai”

Ibori continued: “It is clear that from El-Rufai’s that there was no way a clear-headed Yar-Adua would have appointed a power-drunken Ribadu, who had unjustly arrested some Katsina state’s LGA chairmen just to demonise Yar’Adua to remain as EFCC Chairman – to continue to arrest people unjustly, play politics with his office and hypocritically claim to be fighting corruption when he was neck deep in the worst corruption – maligning others just because of politics.

So, Ibori has advised Nigerian journalists to try and give Nigerians a decent picture of events because the nation’s future would rest on that.

In another Development, Ibori has called on his well-wishers to disregard reports about when he will return to Nigeria. A newspaper wrote at the weekend: “Ibori would on December 23 arrive in a chartered jet via Heathrow Airport, London to the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, where family members, friends and close associates are expected to receive him in a red carpet reception before jetting to Osubi Airstrips, near Warri, from where his convoy would take off for his Oghara hometown for another grand reception”.

Ibori has asked the public to disregard such wrong information. An earlier report had said Ibori would return on an Arik Air flight. When the time comes any important information will be made available to the public and nothing would be left for conjecture.

Source: Vanguard
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/ribadus-excesses-not-removed-office-ibori/

1 Like

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by klbakare(m): 4:37am On Dec 22, 2016
At least Ribadu was honest with Obasanjo and yaradua- a rare trait in politicians. Team Buhari must go 2019. MOBILIZE YOUR CONSTITUENCY!!!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by datopaper(m): 5:16am On Dec 22, 2016
James onanefe ibori has eventually overcome. The way his name sound in yoruba. I bo ri.

I know delta politics will change, expect her daughter to be the next governor of delta state.

Remember I tell u first, she is now member of state assembly in delta.

Ibori

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by ubergold(m): 5:23am On Dec 22, 2016
Ladies and Gentlemen and thats how James Ibori re-enters Nigeria's politics

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Atiku2019: 5:26am On Dec 22, 2016
The Nigeria Political Atmosphere grin
Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 22, 2016
James ibori is back! Jagaban tinubu should go and sit down

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by jerrywool: 5:30am On Dec 22, 2016
Yes! That's what I'm talking about. The Odidigborigbo of Africa is back

12 Likes

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Opinedecandid(m): 5:46am On Dec 22, 2016
Buhari, Tinibu, Amaechi, et al.

The Man in the News is Commander James O. Ibori, NOT Goodluck Jonathan.

Know this and 'change' your ways.

Your knowledge of this is the beginning of wisdom!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:39am On Dec 22, 2016
The way people adore this man erh undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by DonLo: 6:59am On Dec 22, 2016
Ibori, an ex-convict who should never open his mouth to alter a word due to shame. Someone that should be arrested from the Airport to come serve his time in Nigeria. But no this is Nigeria, he'll be back to start forming God father. Very soon he'll want to start forming a regional leader in south south. One wonders, who will follow an ex convict.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Omeokachie: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2016
Same way Magu's lawlessness has denied him confirmation.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by id911(m): 8:23am On Dec 22, 2016
DonLo:
Ibori, an ex-convict who should never open his mouth to alter a word due to shame. Someone that should be arrested from the Airport to come serve his time in Nigeria. But no this is Nigeria, he'll be back to start forming God father. Very soon he'll want to start forming a regional leader in south south. One wonders, who will follow an ex convict.

Mu.gu, Chief James Onanefe Ibori is a lord/don of the creek and Tompolo and the rest are his boys. If he didn't make the mistake of leaving Nigeria, no idiot would have jailed him and still expect oil to flow.

Tinubu is today a free man and called a Jagaban but stole more than Ibori.

Ibori will come back to Nigeria and nothing will happen

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by chiefobdk(m): 8:40am On Dec 22, 2016
DonLo:

Yes oopp he should not ALTER a word due to shame. . But he can utter. No p

7 Likes

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 22, 2016
Never seen such a man so loved by his people despite all the negative reports about him. He is a man of great influence

14 Likes

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Goldenheart(m): 10:06am On Dec 22, 2016
Atiku/Ibori 2023
Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Goldenheart(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
J
for Jackie chan

25 Likes

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by blaise00700(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2016
This one sef get mouth to talk, 2017 will be politically intriguing.

I am waiting for 2017 like Mavrodis are waiting for January 14.

9 Likes

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by yaqq: 10:08am On Dec 22, 2016
170 count charges against one man.............. You still the talk

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Dee60: 10:08am On Dec 22, 2016
Obvious he still has loads of money, and still has accidental friends!

Someone should advise him to keep some silence at least for a while.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Rapmoney(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2016
There are so many hypocrites in here! cool
Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by ButterFrost212(f): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2016
He won't even rest small?

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by peculiar3(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2016
...suddenly stealing isn't a shameful act, i was thinking he'll be remorseful by keeping quiet

...this is the highest level of moral decay, there's even going to be a celebration shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

15 Likes

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by aademola11: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2016
Ibori is in no way equal to Tinubu, He (Ibori) is for Niger Delta, while Tinubu is for Nigeria.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by epospiky(m): 10:10am On Dec 22, 2016
Reading
Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by NotNairalandi(m): 10:10am On Dec 22, 2016
Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by adonbilivit: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2016
hmm...ribadu is now an APC member o. I no talk pass this one o
Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by ademasta(m): 10:10am On Dec 22, 2016
Thief to thief

1 Like

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2016
The Godfather!!!! Baba na you biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by habibest06(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2016
Re: Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori by admax(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2016
That's the future senator of a senatorial area in Delta state talking.

He will return to PDP in full force and everyone will forget he went to jail for stealing.

The idiots that will welcome him at the airport are the same people that will burn a thief for stealing a phone.

Welcome to Nigeria! undecided

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fatima Yelwa Goje Buried As Saraki, Others Attend (Photos) / Ganduje’s N300bn Chinese Loan Slavery, Kano Elders Tell Buhari / Osinbajo Receives ₦100m APC Nomination Form. Support Groups Raised Funds For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.