Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:18 PM

Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? (37242 Views)

See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b / Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 22, 2016
I really hope my state, Edo state will be that state but what do you guys think

1. Anambra state

2. Ogun state 

3  Rivers state

4. Enugu state

5. Edo state

6. Delta state 

7. Akwa ibom state

8. Cross river state

9. Imo state 

10. Kaduna state

11. Kano state

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 22, 2016
Ajehswag:
so I really hope my state, Edo state will be that state but what do you guys think

Cus for now Anambra state seems to be making waves
Ogun; if well governed with good policies. Ogun can benefit from proximity to Lagos and sea.

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 22, 2016
Ajehswag:
so I really hope my state, Edo state will be that state but what do you guys think

Cus for now Anambra state seems to be making waves

Any state with a vision of development can beat Lagos in 20 years. I mean Lagos will look like a town. But our leaders lack vision.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by zuchyblink(m): 10:57am On Dec 22, 2016
Lagos will not come close to Akwa Ibom and other Niger Delta state if we practice fiscal federalism.Lagos wasn't made by Lagosians alone but by Nigeria and Nigerians

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2016
zuchyblink:
Lagos will not come close to Akwa Ibom and other Niger Delta state if we practice fiscal federalism.Lagos wasn't made by Lagosians alone but by Nigeria and Nigerians

Fact! go to countries like USA and see how places like Texas has greatly transformed but here in Nigeria its the other way round...

yet we are forced to continue with a constitution that was designed by the aboki majority during the military and post military era

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 22, 2016
Hmmm...Spice up your Fashion this Yuletide season. Please check my signature.

For those that have bought. Thanks for your patronage.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2016
If Anambra government can make the state attractive and welcoming to university graduates in terms of making policies that will encourage investors to build companies and therefore employ people, Anambrarians, most especially the graduates would stay more at home and will top Lagos in just a matter of years. lagos isn't that much ahead of Anambra.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by darknetcom: 11:19am On Dec 22, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Any state with a vision of development can beat Lagos in 20 years. I mean Lagos will look like a town. But our leaders lack vision.

none of you will ever beat lagos..

you are too tribalistic and this religion blalas..

lagos dont have all this problem...

you are even a danger to lagos...

155 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by FlyoruB: 11:20am On Dec 22, 2016
These yeebos and their bad belle. Make una first increase una IGR to near Lagos levels (doesn't even include VAT and land/air/seaport generated revenues that the FG confiscates from the state) and attract as much FDI and market size before una even begin talk of playing catchup let alone 'surpass' her. For una mind Lagos will just siddon like mumu, stop developing and watch being surpassed. Smh.

121 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Horlufemi(m): 11:28am On Dec 22, 2016
All tribal e-lords are idiots, no exceptions.

Instead of us to come together and uplift Africa we are fighting each other.

Have you ever asked yourselves what happened to all the Native Indians in America? They killed themselves and their land was taken.

Continue. Idiots

21 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2016
Osun state would have bn paradise if this no man's land wasn't a federal capital territory for decades.I pity N/D people they used their natural resources and left them devastated.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2016
In 5 years time anambra will dwarf lagos in all levels of development

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by betterABIAstate: 11:34am On Dec 22, 2016
PentiiumProf:
you too dey look for trouble

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omofunaab(m): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2016
Lagos is way ahead of all other states in Nigeria and lagos won't stop growing as long as it remains fully in the hands of progressives

I really don't see any state beating lagos in the nearest future unless lagos itself derails, most states in Nigeria are not focused ,some are spending huge amount of money on media propaganda.

The executive arm of lagos is full of technocrats, dishing out good polices

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omofunaab(m): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2016
PentiiumProf:

Lol, you had to clone Pentiumprof moniker

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Africonji: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2016
PentiiumProf:

Which Anambra? Is it that dirty Onitsha, or the glorified Awka village? Nowhere in Anambra can even match Owerri, Umuahia, Warri, or Port-Harcourt, not to talk of Abuja or Lagos when it comes to development. Stop this deception of yours my friend.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by helinues: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2016
kITATITA:

Ogun; if well governed with good policies. Ogun can benefit from proximity to Lagos and sea.

Ogun will soon be.. I will surely be part of it... But never through politics

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2016
darknetcom:

none of you will ever beat lagos..

you are too tribalistic and this religion blalas..

lagos dont have all this problem...

you are even a danger to lagos...

Vision can do it. Even Lagos has not articulated vision. It is just a product of accidental fortune. Nigeria as a whole lack vision for development.

If I may ask, what is Lagos vision for the next 10 year with realistic goals.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by betterABIAstate: 11:55am On Dec 22, 2016
omofunaab:

the guy is looking for wahala. Anambra boys will soon come here now.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by forgiveness: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2016
ikennaf1:
If Anambra government can make the state attractive and welcoming to university graduates in terms of making policies that will encourage investors to build companies and therefore employ people, Anambrarians, most especially the graduates would stay more at home and will top Lagos in just a matter of years. lagos isn't that much ahead of Anambra.

Hehehehe!

Lagos is far far far far far far far far far far far far far far ahead of Anambra for now. grin

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by FlyoruB: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Vision can do it. Even Lagos has not articulated vision. It is just a product of accidental fortune. Nigeria as a whole lack vision for development.

If I may ask, what is Lagos vision for the next 10 year with realistic goals.

You see, that's the problem with some of you folks from that side. Your bad-belle doesn't allow you to think straight. Just because you don't know about the vision doesn't mean it does not exist. Instead of you to find out if indeed Lagos has a vision before coming here to blow grammar, your bad belle no gree you see road. Ask and you shall receive next time before making a foool of yourself.

Even Nairaland carried the news when it was unveiled:

Fashola Presents Lagos State Development Plan (2012-2025) To Ambode. PICS
https://www.nairaland.com/2050033/fashola-presents-lagos-state-development

http://integrityreporters.com/featured/fashola-unveils-development-plan-for-lagos-for-next-11-years/

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
omofunaab:

i am PentiiumProf the one and only

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
Africonji:

Which Anambra? Is it that dirty Onitsha, or the glorified Awka village? Nowhere in Anambra can even match Owerri, Umuahia, Warri, or Port-Harcourt, not to talk of Abuja or Lagos when it comes to development. Stop this deception of yours my friend.
It is inevitable whether you like it or not

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you too dey look for trouble
I don't talk my own

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
PentiiumProf:

It is inevitable whether you like it or not
That person you quoted must be an afonja for adding Owerri, Umuahia and warri just to bring division between SE/SS

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
ISDKING:

That person you quoted must be an afonja for adding Owerri, Umuahia and warri just to bring division between SE/SS
I don't care who the person is
i replied him based on the facts on ground
When the time comes he should look for the nearest transformer

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
THE CORRECT ONLY ANSWER IS OGUN STATE

THE LARGEST STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE MOST POPULOUS STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE MOST EDUCATIONALLY ADVANCED STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE STATE THAT PRODUCED ALL PAST & PRESENT PRESIDENTS & VICE PRESIDENTS FROM SOUTH WEST

THE GATEWAY STATE

MY STATE

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Africonji: 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
ISDKING:

Your fada is an Afonjan. Chino I know that is you. This must be one of your many monikers. Go and find work instead of behaving like a drunkard. Foolish old man behaving like an animal. Anu mpama.

20 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
Africonji:

Your fada is an Afonjan. Chino I know that is you. This must be one of your many monikers. Go and find work instead of behaving like a drunkard. Foolish old man behaving like an animal. Anu mpama.
Idiot!!. Be proud of your tribe for once.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Africonji: 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
ISDKING:

Idiot!!. Be proud of your tribe for once.

Chino stop stalking me~!! Go and find work!!!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omofunaab(m): 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
THE CORRECT ONLY ANSWER IS OGUN STATE

THE LARGEST STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE MOST POPULOUS STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE MOST EDUCATIONALLY ADVANCED STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE STATE THAT PRODUCED ALL PAST & PRESENT PRESIDENTS & VICE PRESIDENTS FROM SOUTH WEST

THE GATEWAY STATE

MY STATE

See, am from ogun state and i know ogun state is slow in actualizing that kind of vision. Ogun state has the potentials no doubt but ogun needs strong policies to be able to reach that height

And please what do you mean by ogun being the largest in south west, I thought oyo was the largest

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
Africonji:

Chino stop stalking me~!! Go and find work!!!!!
I am not Chino.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Policeman Beats & Injures A Driver In Abraka, Delta State (Graphic Photos) / What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN / Fani Kayode Blasts Emir Sanusi