Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? (7705 Views)

5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search / Job Seeker Loses Job Out Of Impatience With Company Staff / Any Whatsapp Group On Job Seeker Pls Paste Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Medley(m): 10:46am On Dec 22, 2016
This year NCC introduced the DND (Do-Not-Disturb service to network ooerators that enables customers to opt out from receiving promotional messages from Networks which you nay not know that it sometimes affect third parties who send bulk SMS's as Nd other VAS promotion s. Some subscribers even complain that their lines have been automatically activated for the Do-Not-Disturb service pending when they choose to deactivate it.

This is what you must do to check if your line is being limited by DND.

Text STATUS TO 2442 To know your status on the DND service.

I know how it feels like as a job seeker, you have just sent a killer cover letter and an impressive curriculum vitae for that dream job and you just got information from others that applied for the same job that they've started recieving invite for assessment and you are, earnestly waiting and longing for your own invite, and behold the message finally comes, you were very eager and curious to check but to your surprise it was yet as another MTN message, requesting you to recharge your line with N500 from your GTB account, when you are still struggling to recharge N100 or another SMS requesting you to subscribe for cooking tips on how to make EBA without using turning stick, sharply out of annoyance, you activated the block all messages on the Do-Not-Disturb service.

What this may have caused you may be far regrettable from missing one invite out of the numerous applications that you have sent.

Companies and recruiting firms have found out that messages sent to some mobile phones of recent are not always received by applicants. The reason for this is because majority of them have subscribed for the FULL blocking mode in the Do-Not-Disturb service and you know its not all companies that sends email invite as some prefers sending SMS's to their job applicants, especially when it is on short notice or impromptu or if that's their mode of operation.

Don't think the DND service is an opportunity for you to say the long awaiting bye bye to your service provider disturbing messages, you may be the one at loss even if you are not a Job seeker.

Consider opting out by sending ALLOW to 2442, or text help to 2442

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Medley(m): 10:49am On Dec 22, 2016
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Blessedgurl(f): 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
Thanks for the info.
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Medley(m): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2016
casttlebarbz:
when its not about mmm nor snake nor celebrity gist, this useful thread might take some time to gt to fp or remain here
you know that_they are many topics that have been created before this one that needs vetting. When it get to this ones turn and its frontpage worthy trust lalasticlala to do that sharply
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by shehuolayinka(m): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
Thanks for this op
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by hemartins(m): 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
God bless you op for this information.
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Medley(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
hemartins:
God bless you op for this information.
its_no_p

1 Like

Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by solace89(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
Very vital, I was on dnd for 2 months and only got to know what was happening after I've missed couple of invites I was supposed to get with my mates, but I always end up being the only 1 who doesn't get invited.... I thought it was those pple from my village not until another invite came in for my friends and I didn't get again, I angrily went to bed that night and end up smashing d fone against d wall....while fuming something just said I should call mtn cc line..... lo and behold it was dat dnd b-s that restricted me from getting 3rd party messages..... Imagine what would have been!
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by veekid(m): 7:05am On Dec 23, 2016

informative
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by nmreports: 7:07am On Dec 23, 2016
I have started to tell folks to uninstall true caller. Sorry truecaller, I mean no harm.

Customized numbers from companies are blocked by true caller. I was missing several calls by folks too not until one that was very adamant to speak with me sent an email to complain that they have been trying to reach me.

I checked my blocked calls and saw tons of missed calls.

Kindly do the following:

1. Check your DND status.
2. Uninstall true caller.

What we should do is to call on NCC to stop mobile telecommunications companies from spamming us.
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by jeff1607(m): 7:11am On Dec 23, 2016
HMMMMMMMMM
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by kelvz(m): 7:12am On Dec 23, 2016
Thanks alot for the info

Meanwhile guys check my signature
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by muyibaba222(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2016
hmmm. nice info
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by eezeribe(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2016
Medley:
you know that_they are many topics that have been created before this one that needs vetting. When it get to this ones turn and its frontpage worthy trust lalasticlala to do that sharply

Exactly
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by sakalisis(m): 7:18am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by omolizzy(f): 7:23am On Dec 23, 2016
Yeeepa! Mogbe o. This thing is active on my main number I put on my CV. No wonder I hardly get invites these days and I have started thinking something was really wrong with me. Thanks OP may God bless you
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Alasi20(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2016
Wooooooooowwwww

Thanks op

Dope
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Professor101(m): 7:31am On Dec 23, 2016
Isnt there be a way to filter the DND service? Must all calls and text be blocked? Just asking

Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Great504: 7:37am On Dec 23, 2016
Medley:
This year NCC introduced the DND (Do-Not-Disturb service to network ooerators that enables customers to opt out from receiving promotional messages from Networks which you nay not know that it sometimes affect third parties who send bulk SMS's as Nd other VAS promotion s. Some subscribers even complain that their lines have been automatically activated for the Do-Not-Disturb service pending when they choose to deactivate it.

This is what you must do to check if your line is being limited by DND.

Text STATUS TO 2442 To know your status on the DND service.

I know how it feels like as a job seeker, you have just sent a killer cover letter and an impressive curriculum vitae for that dream job and you just got information from others that applied for the same job that they've started recieving invite for assessment and you are, earnestly waiting and longing for your own invite, and behold the message finally comes, you were very eager and curious to check but to your surprise it was yet as another MTN message, requesting you to recharge your line with N500 from your GTB account, when you are still struggling to recharge N100 or another SMS requesting you to subscribe for cooking tips on how to make EBA without using turning stick, sharply out of annoyance, you activated the block all messages on the Do-Not-Disturb service.

What this may have caused you may be far regrettable from missing one invite out of the numerous applications that you have sent.

Companies and recruiting firms have found out that messages sent to some mobile phones of recent are not always received by applicants. The reason for this is because majority of them have subscribed for the FULL blocking mode in the Do-Not-Disturb service and you know its not all companies that sends email invite as some prefers sending SMS's to their job applicants, especially when it is on short notice or impromptu or if that's their mode of operation.

Don't think the DND service is an opportunity for you to say the long awaiting bye bye to your service provider disturbing messages, you may be the one at loss even if you are not a Job seeker.

Consider opting out by sending ALLOW to 2442, or text help to 2442
I have tried to reactivate it again, but I have been finding it difficult to do. If you know the right codes to reactivate, please, share. Once again, thanks @ op.
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by danemenike: 7:37am On Dec 23, 2016
hmmmm. ...Interesting

TerraStone Construction limited was established for building and Civil Engineering works. Effective service delivery has been a norm to us. We have handled high clientele and large projects over the few years of our existence. Our team of Engineers, Architects, surveyors, builders, accountants and artisans have shown great enthusiasm, competence and commitment unequalled in the construction industry...
Excellent rendering, professional management, quality construction, excellent safety record, a proven ability to meet clients desires, and our team-spirit and proactive approach have ensured the satisfaction of our clients in both the public and private sector.
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by toprealman: 7:42am On Dec 23, 2016
Why are people so gullible?

1 Like

Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Youngzedd(m): 7:52am On Dec 23, 2016
I have talked about this before @ https://www.nairaland.com/3225022/missing-out-important-messages-mtn

DND in Nigeria is a fraud. Network providers are the ones disturbing our lines.

The best way to deactivate it is through https://donotdisturb.mtnonline.com:8081/vasportal
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by gonkin(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2016
MTN enemy of progress, its activated on full blocking mode on my sim. Abi is this the reason for me not getting custom messages. Cuz i always received invites like water before i finished nysc in nov 2014 when i finished i only saw email invites. Could this have been the cause. MOGBÉ oooo, moku oooo
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Franchise21(m): 8:14am On Dec 23, 2016
grin
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Ghost447(m): 8:39am On Dec 23, 2016
For your information, DND is not actually effective.

1 Like

Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by mediaspy: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2016
Why are Nigerians so gullible, which reasonable company will send u text without emails, pls stop deceiving people, its obvious u are an agent of the VAS system.

1 Like

Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by Donpizzle(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2016
nmreports:
I have started to tell folks to uninstall true caller. Sorry truecaller, I mean no harm.

Customized numbers from companies are blocked by true caller. I was missing several calls by folks too not until one that was very adamant to speak with me sent an email to complain that they have been trying to reach me.

I checked my blocked calls and saw tons of missed calls.

Kindly do the following:

1. Check your DND status.
2. Uninstall true caller.

What we should do is to call on NCC to stop mobile telecommunications companies from spamming us.

New updates on Nigerian comapnies interview and aptitude style on www.HRtechnique.com

Hello, I checked and found that I was on full block mode. I sent ALLOW to unblock it and got a confirmation message that I have unsubscribed from it. But each time I check my status, I still find my line on full block mode. What should I do to unblock it. I have already spoken with the call center agent and she said I hv unsubscribed from it. Yet I stil see it each time I send STATUS to 2442. Wat can I do?
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by nmreports: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2016
Donpizzle:

Hello, I checked and found that I was on full block mode. I sent ALLOW to unblock it and got a confirmation message that I have unsubscribed from it. But each time I check my status, I still find my line on full block mode. What should I do to unblock it. I have already spoken with the call center agent and she said I hv unsubscribed from it. Yet I stil see it each time I send STATUS to 2442. Wat can I do?

Give it few hours.
Re: Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? by honestivo(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2016
Op am so grateful ,I was wondering what when wrong that I submitted more than ten cv and I did not got any invite.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 50 Most Difficult Interview Questions And The Expert Model Answers / Anambra State Government Of Nigeria Post Primary School Service Commission(ppssc / Info About Nipp (national Integrated Power Project)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.