Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,429 members, 7,800,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer (60868 Views)

Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals / Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by buchilino(m): 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
informant001:
if this happens in Nigeria, church go dey full every Sunday

MY BROTHER, PERSON NO EVEN C CHAIR WEY THEY SIDDON.
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by adblack10(m): 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
buharimustlive:
BUHARI see Wetin you cause...
u c ur life,
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
wadaz:
i begin to wonder if xtianity is a religion at all...hmmm
confused cool
It's not a religion but behaving like Christ
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by buharimustlive: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

ahn ahn brossss.... na since wen u become Bubu fan cheesy tot ur moniker used to be Bubu must go six feet

An APC MOD changed my moniker.. The guy was so pained. I wonder why SEUN gave they authority to access members account.
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

My daughter sit down and tell me everything ...plus ti ye address ndi churchi unu...maka na odi onyewe anyi mkpa

Zugizagaa, the big Uncle.
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Icon79(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Is this one (the narrator) a man or woman

S/he looks kinda weird shocked
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by henryhemon(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
ireneony:
Alcohol is not a sin and smoking is not a sin , it was not written in the bible if you do them you are a sinner.

The Africans has turned christianity into something and they don't know they are deceiving themselves. How come redeemed and assembly of God members in Nigeria do not put on trousers, but their members abroad put on trousers to church.
Same with Catholic in africa.

White churches don't ask people for money or seed.

Every church in Nigeria is about money..no wonder the pastors there keep having potbelly.

In your eyes nothing is sin.....even the one you indulge in...prostitution
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by otemanuduno: 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
shumuel:

You are the only one who spoke sense, why cant she wait till the Bible and Beer fellowship before jumping to spread false news

i really don't know why Nigerians believe everything they read on SM these days, its like the ''Republicans and Foxx TV/New'' thing.

She wants everyone to she is in Rome and score cheap score on blogs, mtcheeeew!
Obviously both of you are the only ones who spoke nonsense. Here is the BIBLE AND BEER webpage:
:
In addition to our ChristCare Small Groups, Women's Groups, and Men's Groups, Desert Cross offers many ways to connect in study and fellowship.

Adult Studies - Click here for more details
• WE╬ogether Adult Forum • Sundays following worship • Gilbert & Tempe
• Pastor's Classes - Three-week study with one of our pastors on a variety of topics. See the bulletin or monthly newsletter for upcoming dates and topics.
• Book Group - Read and discuss a book over the course of a few weeks. Thursday afternoon and evening groups available. See the monthly newsletter for when we begin our next book!
C3: Coffee, Conversation & Christ
Tuesday • 10:00 am • Gilbert • All are welcome!
2nd & 4th Tuesdays - Coffee & Conversation
C3 is a fellowship group open to all ages 19-99. We share laughter, tears, fun, and food. Topics are discussed and debated. YOU are invited and welcome. For more information, contact Bennett Henrikson at bhenrikson@cox.net.
Beer & Bible
Beer & Bible is a once a month Friday evening gathering that meets for fellowship and discussion. Please see the bulletin or newsletter or call the church office for this month’s date and location.

Source: http://www.desertcross.org/study-fellowship
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by lekancaring(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
dainformant:
A Nigerian lawyer and songwriter, Maka Sam-Ejehu, has revealed her shock after attending a church service in Rome, Italy -where she was told Bible and beer go hand-in-hand. According to her, the Christians over gather sometimes for 'beer fellowship' unlike their counterparts in Nigeria.

Read what she shared below;

I went to an Anglican Church in Rome yesterday and the Reverend as he was rounding up the service said, "please don't forget the Bible and Beer fellowship happening this Tuesday..." Immediately, I looked up from my phone in utter surprise!!! Bible and Beer!!! Could it be possible that my two favorite words were used in the same sentence and not in a negative way? Wow!!! After church, I had to meet one of the members to clarify. He laughed and said, "oh yeah, its just something we like to do. We fellowship together and have some beer while at it!" I told him back home in Nigeria, I doubt that could ever happen. In fact, as a Christian, it was "frowned upon" to be seen drinking alcohol let alone drinking it while "fellowshipping in God's presence. Anyways, I have a lot more to say but I'll just let you guys draw your conclusions. Ciao

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/nigerian-lawyer-reveals-her-shock-after.it also happened in Nigeria have seen it in Anthony lagos
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
alcmene:
Uncompleted building dey rome

Lol. Funny guy. That's the picture of The colesseum in Rome.. Very popular place. If u visit Rome and never visit the colesseum then ......

Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
buharimustlive:

An APC MOD changed my moniker.. The guy was so pained. I wonder why SEUN gave they authority to access members account.

Chai..
. This ur new moniker fit make u win the heart of BUBU sha cheesy
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
i pitty u..
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by raphy(m): 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
Jesus turn water into wine .beer is stil water wt difrnt taste,nothin wrong in there.europ hv bn schlin africa since.
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
B4bestbrain:

Zugizagaa, the big Uncle.

Nwannem wèrè ochè ka ngwa gi ifè...
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Myself2(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
End time church
Height of ignorance
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Blonchilli(m): 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
dainformant:
A Nigerian lawyer and songwriter, Maka Sam-Ejehu, has revealed her shock after attending a church service in Rome, Italy -where she was told Bible and beer go hand-in-hand. According to her, the Christians over gather sometimes for 'beer fellowship' unlike their counterparts in Nigeria.

Read what she shared below;

I went to an Anglican Church in Rome yesterday and the Reverend as he was rounding up the service said, "please don't forget the Bible and Beer fellowship happening this Tuesday..." Immediately, I looked up from my phone in utter surprise!!! Bible and Beer!!! Could it be possible that my two favorite words were used in the same sentence and not in a negative way? Wow!!! After church, I had to meet one of the members to clarify. He laughed and said, "oh yeah, its just something we like to do. We fellowship together and have some beer while at it!" I told him back home in Nigeria, I doubt that could ever happen. In fact, as a Christian, it was "frowned upon" to be seen drinking alcohol let alone drinking it while "fellowshipping in God's presence. Anyways, I have a lot more to say but I'll just let you guys draw your conclusions. Ciao

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/nigerian-lawyer-reveals-her-shock-after.html

Heck they can even choose to distribute Condoms! They invented Christianity
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by blazer234: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
ireneony:
Alcohol is not a sin and smoking is not a sin , it was not written in the bible if you do them you are a sinner.

The Africans has turned christianity into something and they don't know they are deceiving themselves. How come redeemed and assembly of God members in Nigeria do not put on trousers, but their members abroad put on trousers to church.

Every church in Nigeria is about money..no wonder the pastors there keep having potbelly.

The way you said it, one would think you have been in all white churches before. Have you heard of Mike Murdoch before? He is an American preacher. He went around asking people to give him $1000 with promise that God would bless them. Stop saying things you aren't entirely sure about
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by joinnow: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
Welcome development grin
Nigeria pastors will be like let duplicate the bible and beer fellowship sharply here
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by nwakaibeya1: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
Can the powerless fight for the powerful? Spiritual robbers, Evil prophets and evil Pastors and evil marine and occult people rules and reigns and many people belong there and pretend loads and claim all sorts of fake success and prayers especially in this Christmas season and pretending to love Jesus Christ ,and even as Jesus Christ followers,whereas at night they turn to their Evil practices and dominion ?they are those we call human chameleons and night people and they dominate the world especially as Prophets and pastors in church space and that's why we say night is one and Light is one and those who belong to the night and have power understand me too well when they read me ,not the empty vessels and it must interest you to know that it's the evil people that knows whom Jesus Christ truly is ,and not the empty vessels, empty noise makers who keep claiming what they are not and prophesying, take it receive your millions, I see the number of eggs in your refrigerator and after seeing all that for you you remain a toy in the hands of evil people and you cannot sleep at night and you have no peace as Jesus Christ promised and gives those who come to him .upon all your night vigils and fasting? Why not be wise and know that all that glitters ain't gold and check this words spiritually to know who is speaking #no matter how people pretends it is only at night that we know who is who and no pretenses there at night# the mantle and the light and unbelievable power has come back and Power talks and not empty critics Mathew 13,13-14

Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by swiperthefox: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
ireneony:

Once you register with a catholic church in USA. They mail your offering envelop to your house. They send you info of how much you have given as offering or your other financial contributions. In fact, they mail the total amounts gotten and their expenses. They are definitely more transparent in finances than Catholic churches in Nigeria.
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by kevng: 9:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
You wore this hair style to church yet you were puzzled as to why bible and beer would go hand in hand in Ceaser's domain.

In the words of Murphy jemba: " I am not understanding again o, all d same kontinu!"
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Hanendez(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

My daughter sit down and tell me everything ...plus ti ye address ndi churchi unu...maka na odi onyewe anyi mkpa

Do not take the name of the LORD GOD in vain. Exodus 20:7
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hanendez:

Do not take the name of the LORD GOD in vain. Exodus 20:7

Write it in it's original Aramaic twit.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by AlanSugar(m): 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What exactly is wrong with drinking beer?

Nothing, except when taken publicly, Lolz! When taken in secret it's all good for them hypos, every pastor drinks beer. They're all hypocrites! cool cool cool
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by candidbabe(f): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
ireneony:

Proverbs 31:6
Let beer be for those who are perishing.
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Codes151(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
Weed and after effects
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Generalyemi(m): 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
Rhaspody:
First those asking what is wrong with drinking beer.
It's one of those things that Christians and Muslims agree upon to be bad and advice their members to desist from.

read your bible well.....
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
She should have taken some pictures.
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by mrgreen4real(m): 1:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Cooked story
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What exactly is wrong with drinking beer?
There is nothing absolutely wrong in consuming alcohol in moderation, the Bible supports it. What the Bible strongly condemn is excessive use or dependence on alcohol beverages, be it beer, whisky or brandy. palm wine or burukutu.
Even the lady, haven't seen anything, people smoke in churches in Europe including Rome
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by Nikeruka(m): 2:42am On Dec 23, 2016
Great idea for potential enterpreneur! Bible and beer service coming up this sunday
Re: Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer by marylandcakes: 6:10am On Dec 23, 2016
At the end of the day it's what is inside your heart that counts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol / Kidnap Of 5 RCCG Pastors: Nigerians Blast Pastor Adeboye / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.