Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted (81365 Views)

How New Provost Of The College Of Education, Ikere Was Appointed / Open Confession By The Provost Of A.I.F.C.E. Dr Mrs Blessing Ijioma's (PA) And I / The Provost Of MOCPED : Professor Akeusola Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by EhisChelsea1(m): 7:12am On Dec 23, 2016
*I took the pain to go through her result and the analysis done by the PROVOST and I discover a lot of discrepancy. Either the PROVOST is desperately trying to cover up something, or he doesn't know simple calculations or both....
Her O'level result:
Civil Education A1 = 8 marks
English A1 = 8 marks
further Maths B2 = 7 marks
Maths B3 = 6 marks
Biology C4 = 5 marks
Chemistry B3 = 6 marks
Physics C4 = 5marks
Computer A1 = 8 marks
Painting & Dec B3 = 6 marks

Total = 59 marks / 72× 100 = 81.94
Add this to her jamb which d provost says is 80 marks and u have
81.94+80 = 161.94
50% of 161.94 = 82%.

Her total score is 81% and not 75.31 % as stated by the PROVOST*

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by taryur(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Phi001:

Maybe, but I saw her e-transcript, she put only 7 subjects...

She is to be blamed.

If I find it again, I'll modify...

Modified:
thanks mr. I see you are the only one not emotional with the whole thing. I went through the provost's reply. his calculations were right. Now,the system calculated 7 subjects and that amounts to 45.(if you include the physics that was written 2x by the provost,then,her score would av been 50 but you could see that the system calculated just 7). if the score obtainable is 64,which would mean 8 subjects uploaded,then,the young lady is to blame(from your post and attached file). she probably uploaded 7 subjects and the system made the right calculations based on what she submitted to the school.

2 Likes

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Scholar212(m): 7:23am On Dec 23, 2016
Next time, she should apply to UNIBEN, let's see who is going to deny her admission with such Jamb score and from Delta. NADESSTU students will just lock up maingate.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by validstar1: 7:33am On Dec 23, 2016
daneni1:

Go over it again and see that physics was posted twice.
But it wasn't calculated with her score,why??
The total score there is 50 not 45,calculate it well...Her total score is 79.Why the miscalculation and injustice?
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kunlexic(m): 7:35am On Dec 23, 2016
eAlbum:
Mr provost Sir,
Please do the maths again and make the necessary corrections.
Then reach out to her asap with an admission letter.

From your equation, she scored 79 instead of what you presented!
it was what the lady supplied during screening registration dat they calculated for her

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kunlexic(m): 7:37am On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

regarding the ranking. she ranked 103 among the jambites. 100 students were admitted in all for medicine. but those 100 were not all jambites. direct entry admissions were included. ur logic here does not take the direct entries into consideration.

and I don't think its nice to call the provost names. he should be applauded for showing concern (if its really is true that the reply is from him). most university dons I know wouldn't care a hoot cos they know there's nothing anyone can do about it in this Godforsaken country!
Gbayii! Baba
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by domido(m): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2016
jeff1607:

e be like say mmm do u strong tin o bros.

na letter H dey there oooo, make I type am again

H M M M M M M M
U no understand I no see H na mmm me dey see. Anyways, I dey look.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Believe2061(m): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2016
Kendzyma:
This is coming from a nairalander with d Monika Adesegunfat

My name is Adesegun Fatusi, and I am the Provost of the College of Health Sciences, OAU, Ile-Ife. The case of the Aror Oghenerukewve has just been brought to my notice. To throw more light on her case, I will present the detaild fact here.

With a score of 320, her mark from UTME amounts to 80% (i.e. 320/400 x 100)
Her school cert results are: English A1 (=8 marks); Biology C4 (=5 marks); Chemistry B3 (=6 marks); Maths B3 (=6 marks); Physics C4 (=5 marks); Physics C4 (=5 marks); Further Maths B2 (=7marks), and Civic Educ A1 (=8 marks). That gives her 45 points, or 70.3% (i.e. 44/64x100)

So her overall average - as OAU did a combination of 50% mark from JAMB and 50% mark from School Cert - is: (80+70.3)=75.15% (which we rounded up to 75.2%).

With that mark, she ranks number 103 on the list of the students who took Medicine as first Choice.

The total admission quota for Medicine in OAU is 100, and that includes UTME and Direct Entry).

Clearly although Aror did well, her mark was NOT good enough to earn her admission on merit to read Medicine in Ife. Her mark of 75.2% is clearly below our cut-off mark (which was initially 78%, but we later reduced to 77.7%). Between her mark of 75.2% and 77.7%, by the way, there were 56 other candidates who scored higher than her but did not make the cut-off. For example, two people had 77.6%, two other people had 77.5%, four people had 77.4% etc.
Having presented the detailed facts about Aror's case, let me also help the many young Nigerians who may be accessing this site with more information on admission as I see a lot of misrepresentation, falsehood, and misunderstanding from the comments that various people had made on this case.

1. Admission into Nigerian Universities are considered on three grounds based on the nationally specified criteria (which I think ought to be reviewed now, by the way):
A. Merit =45% (This covers all candidates from the country - and it is automatic admission once you meet the cut-off mark)
B. Catchment = 35% (this refers to those in the states specified as catchment area for each University: For OAU, that is Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti)
C. Educationally disadvantaged states (ELDS)=20% = This refers to all the 19 Northern States, and Ebonyi, Rivers and Bayelsa.

So, someone from Delta such as Aror with 75.2% will not get admission into Medicine in OAU automatically as she is only considered on merit criterion and she does NOT meet the specified cut-off, but someone with the same mark from Kwara (which is in the North Central zone) may get automatic admission with the same mark based on the consideration of ELDS if 75.2% is the specified cut-off for ELDS for Medicine.

2. When a candidate chooses a highly competitive course like Medicine in a top-rated University like OAU, the competition is very intense. Believe it or not, many of the candidates that made our merit mark had an average of six A1s in school cert coupled with very high UTME mark (above 300). So, a candidate must carefully think over his choice of course and university. For example, if Aror had chosen ANY other course as her first choice for OAU, whe would have made the merit mark and gotten automatic admission, and she would have made the merit mark for Medicine on merit for most Nigerian universities too (but NOT OAU unfortunately).

3. Because of the high demand and competition for very limited spaces, the College of Health Sciences does not consider second choices as a general rule. OAU, for example, was only able to offer admission on UTME platform (Merit + Catchment + ELDS) to less than 3% of her applicants for Medicine, and less than 2% of her applicants for Nursing Science this year.

4. For cases like Aror where the candidadte has made a high mark but does not make the cut-off, what the candidate can sometimes do is to come to the University and try and see if he or she can be considered for other courses. A candidadte DOES NOT get considered automatically for a course she has not applied to in JAMB. A candidadte is ONLY automatically considered for the course he or she has applied for with respect to a particular university.

Unfortunately, Aror has left her case too late as all admission lists have been submitted for this year.
Source:https://www.nairaland.com/3532584/girl-laments-over-inability-secure/4

This is coming from a medical student.

I strongly believe that the topic for for this should be: PROVOST OF COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES, ADESEGUN FATUSI, IGNORANT OF BASIC MATHEMATICS.
Aror's average in the school cert exam was actually (50/80×100)= 78.1% and not 70.3% as stated above.
With a UTME score average of 80%, MRS. AROR OGHENERUKEWVE had a total average of 79.1%. (cutoff was 77.7%)
Therefore:
That woman deserves to to be admitted, and the provost, penalised.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by validstar1: 7:50am On Dec 23, 2016
habtund:
Rubbish..... I was also denied admission last year despite having 62% in d post DE exam, distinction n 6 bs n 3 C's in my o level
but a frnd of mine wit upper credit, c parallel in her o level n 55% was admitted ....same course
Alhamdulillah I av bn offered admission in funaab to study statistics
I'm also a student of Funaab,studying Biochemistry.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by jeff1607(m): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2016
GOD DE LOOK YOU grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

domido:

U no understand I no see H na mmm me dey see. Anyways, I dey look.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by psalmsjob: 7:51am On Dec 23, 2016
Josephnice:
I don't just buy into this vague calculus theorem of the so called provost to denying this girl her admission. Lecturers are so smart in formulating excuses in cover up of their partiality. Whichever way u solve the equation, this girl deserve a place in the merit list or if it result to worse, she should have been given a relative courses that are not so competitive to choose from. How can someone who scored 320 in jamb walk home empty handed and not even with her second chosen course(dentistry)

Nearly does not kill a bird. She almost made it but can try again. He wasn't selling the explanation he was presenting facts, others scored higher than her simple and that she didn't follow it up on time to be considered for other courses.

To me the provost did well to explain things like he did to guide others. Truth hurts, I guess!

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kunlexic(m): 7:52am On Dec 23, 2016
INTERMAN:
She is currently in department of medical rehab, part one, OAU, i know her. She was careless with her admission, because i dont know what it would have taken her to take one to two steps into the office of the provost or dean to seek assistance all these while!. Chai seun imagine
u can see
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Elo4: 7:53am On Dec 23, 2016
angry
INTERMAN:
shut up! Is she the only one who will be denied admission after scoring high mark. She has to try again. She is not the first to try again. Other people have faced similar challenge too in time past. Besides, this gal is currently a med rehab student in OAU. sHE SHOULD HAVE known about OAU admission processings better.
sad
INTERMAN:
shut up! Is she the only one who will be denied admission after scoring high mark. She has to try again. She is not the first to try again. Other people have faced similar challenge too in time past. Besides, this gal is currently a med rehab student in OAU. sHE SHOULD HAVE known about OAU admission processings better.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Elo4: 7:55am On Dec 23, 2016
INTERMAN:
what!!!!!, what do you mean, just because others do not have courage to have spoken up then when it was their time doesn't mean they are Coward's.

saying she should try again just shows how daft you're as if its where a promo of some short and she have every right to protest. also don't you ever say I should shut up fool.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kunlexic(m): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2016
mtto:

Her OL is actually better than that. She attached a copy to her original post. Please find it and check.
The girls has 3 A1s, 4 Bs and 2 C4s.

The professor wrote nonsense and calculated nonsense for her.

There is God ooo
dnt insult a whole professor and a person worthy of being ur father.
In the info the lady supplied during screening,she put down 7 o-level subjects

3 Likes

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2016
Scrap that ELDS shit and push it's 20% unto merit. Why sacrifice a producer for a worthless consumer!
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by jice(m): 8:12am On Dec 23, 2016
DonLo:
Some Nigerians like talking with sentiments.. You think Medicine in a top rated school like OAU comes easily as you think. She scored high but there must have been some other person with higher scores more deserving of the admission. Instead of attacking the provost who took his time to explain please advocate for the return of post utme and the stop of all this catchment areas come educational disadvantaged areas. If there had been post UTME others that deserves it less would have been sieved out.

God bless the Provost. He was really willing to help when I called is attention to it yesterday. But it was just too late.

with the provost's explanation she can never be a medical student of that school.

How are you sure they admitted only 100 students into that department?

she should take her fate off one institution and seek God's grace wherever it will come from

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Phi001(m): 8:19am On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

No, but you must also take the last course and earn a ZERO=F for the course to be used to divide your GPA. We have all seen instances where people in the same class did different number of courses...Some did 7, some did 8 and some did 9..If you divide the GPA of someone that did 7 by 8 or 8 by nine, you would be assuming they did the additional course and failed, and that is wrong.

There is definitely an issue with what IFE has done. I cannot see why there is no issue. They have assumed the girl took the 8th subject and failed and hence they divided by 8. That is wrong! If anything, the computation should be based on 5 relevant subjects because this is what I suppose JAMB explicitly has in its brochure...
Or that the additional course was registered but not written.

Besides, she wrote 9 subjects. Why she submitted 7 is beyond me...and I'm sure she submitted 7 because if she submitted all 9 and only 7 were included in her transcript, she would've complained.
EhisChelsea1:
*I took the pain to go through her result and the analysis done by the PROVOST and I discover a lot of discrepancy. Either the PROVOST is desperately trying to cover up something, or he doesn't know simple calculations or both....
Her O'level result:
Civil Education A1 = 8 marks
English A1 = 8 marks
further Maths B2 = 7 marks
Maths B3 = 6 marks
Biology C4 = 5 marks
Chemistry B3 = 6 marks
Physics C4 = 5marks
Computer A1 = 8 marks
Painting & Dec B3 = 6 marks

Total = 59 marks / 72× 100 = 81.94
Add this to her jamb which d provost says is 80 marks and u have
81.94+80 = 161.94
50% of 161.94 = 82%.

Her total score is 81% and not 75.31 % as stated by the PROVOST*
It's not a calculation of what she made in her waec but what she submitted.
MaziOmenuko:

What concerned Further Maths with Medicine? The prof included further maths score of B2 for her and left out Computer Studies of A1, is that not voluntary wikedness? Then xometed his computation with Physics being repeated twice, why did they neglect her Computer Studies score of A1?

Transparency my left ball!
Perhaps, you've not seen her transcript. What you submit is what is calculated for you.
BraniacX:

She's already a student in the system and was just bidding her time to get her preferred course

That F would've disqualified her from applying and she knows that too, like i said, she's already a student in ife and as such no stranger to the admission process and requirements
The fact that she's not new yo the system doesn't mean she couldn't have made a mistake. You're firmly certain that the provost/OAU is to blame...but analyse again.
baum1:

Even if she submitted only 7 subjects but submitted more than the required 5 o'level subjects as required by JAMB, she would have to make an F in the 8th subject for it to be used to compute her overall O'level GPA. I have told that to OGA pHi001 and even used example of real university courses.
Admission process is now different.
BraniacX:

No, but her submitting nly seven subjects has not been proven
If she submitted more than seven but only seven were accredited to her, she would've have complained.
BraniacX:

And whose word do we take for it that she submitted only seven?
Her transcipt's?
baum1:

So IFE also assumed she made an F in the last subject and hence they used it to compute her O'level GPA? No?

See my above post to Phi001.

The admission process has lots of weaknesses and loopholes and I say this with all due respect to the respectable people in charge
I think universities now have more authority to exercise in admission process. All thanks to this ranking of a thing.
So if 8 subjects are required and only 7 are submitted, she has herself to blame.

There was this one time when I was in SSS2, Chemistory exam I think.
4 theory questions, 25 marks each, 40 objective questions. I forgot to answer one theory question and I lost 12.5% for that singular mistake. In fact, I argued with my teacher until he showed me my mistake.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Harmony222(m): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2016
Kendzyma:
This is coming from a nairalander with d Monika Adesegunfat

My name is Adesegun Fatusi, and I am the Provost of the College of Health Sciences, OAU, Ile-Ife. The case of the Aror Oghenerukewve has just been brought to my notice. To throw more light on her case, I will present the detaild fact here.

With a score of 320, her mark from UTME amounts to 80% (i.e. 320/400 x 100)
Her school cert results are: English A1 (=8 marks); Biology C4 (=5 marks); Chemistry B3 (=6 marks); Maths B3 (=6 marks); Physics C4 (=5 marks); Physics C4 (=5 marks); Further Maths B2 (=7marks), and Civic Educ A1 (=8 marks). That gives her 45 points, or 70.3% (i.e. 44/64x100)

So her overall average - as OAU did a combination of 50% mark from JAMB and 50% mark from School Cert - is: (80+70.3)=75.15% (which we rounded up to 75.2%).

With that mark, she ranks number 103 on the list of the students who took Medicine as first Choice.

The total admission quota for Medicine in OAU is 100, and that includes UTME and Direct Entry).

Clearly although Aror did well, her mark was NOT good enough to earn her admission on merit to read Medicine in Ife. Her mark of 75.2% is clearly below our cut-off mark (which was initially 78%, but we later reduced to 77.7%). Between her mark of 75.2% and 77.7%, by the way, there were 56 other candidates who scored higher than her but did not make the cut-off. For example, two people had 77.6%, two other people had 77.5%, four people had 77.4% etc.
Having presented the detailed facts about Aror's case, let me also help the many young Nigerians who may be accessing this site with more information on admission as I see a lot of misrepresentation, falsehood, and misunderstanding from the comments that various people had made on this case.

1. Admission into Nigerian Universities are considered on three grounds based on the nationally specified criteria (which I think ought to be reviewed now, by the way):
A. Merit =45% (This covers all candidates from the country - and it is automatic admission once you meet the cut-off mark)
B. Catchment = 35% (this refers to those in the states specified as catchment area for each University: For OAU, that is Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti)
C. Educationally disadvantaged states (ELDS)=20% = This refers to all the 19 Northern States, and Ebonyi, Rivers and Bayelsa.

So, someone from Delta such as Aror with 75.2% will not get admission into Medicine in OAU automatically as she is only considered on merit criterion and she does NOT meet the specified cut-off, but someone with the same mark from Kwara (which is in the North Central zone) may get automatic admission with the same mark based on the consideration of ELDS if 75.2% is the specified cut-off for ELDS for Medicine.

2. When a candidate chooses a highly competitive course like Medicine in a top-rated University like OAU, the competition is very intense. Believe it or not, many of the candidates that made our merit mark had an average of six A1s in school cert coupled with very high UTME mark (above 300). So, a candidate must carefully think over his choice of course and university. For example, if Aror had chosen ANY other course as her first choice for OAU, whe would have made the merit mark and gotten automatic admission, and she would have made the merit mark for Medicine on merit for most Nigerian universities too (but NOT OAU unfortunately).

3. Because of the high demand and competition for very limited spaces, the College of Health Sciences does not consider second choices as a general rule. OAU, for example, was only able to offer admission on UTME platform (Merit + Catchment + ELDS) to less than 3% of her applicants for Medicine, and less than 2% of her applicants for Nursing Science this year.

4. For cases like Aror where the candidadte has made a high mark but does not make the cut-off, what the candidate can sometimes do is to come to the University and try and see if he or she can be considered for other courses. A candidadte DOES NOT get considered automatically for a course she has not applied to in JAMB. A candidadte is ONLY automatically considered for the course he or she has applied for with respect to a particular university.

Unfortunately, Aror has left her case too late as all admission lists have been submitted for this year.
Source:https://www.nairaland.com/3532584/girl-laments-over-inability-secure/4

OAU n tribalism .... #brotherhood
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by habtund(f): 8:25am On Dec 23, 2016
seguno2:

Before we agree with your rubbish label, do you mind telling us the state of origin for your friend and your own state.
Thanks.

No make me Vex 4 u........ to ur question, we graduated frm d same sch, same state n same local govt.......
is it bcoz she get Lng leg or what.....oau n corruption r Lyk 5 n 6
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by sakbio(m): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2016
I think the provost should be commended for the detailed explanation of the process of admission but it is a pity for the applicant for not getting with that result but I think he can do beta in the coming JAMB. He shud ave attempt to do change of course to either dentistry or pharmacy. It is nt easy to be a medical doctor. Best of luck to him sha

DonLo:
Some Nigerians like talking with sentiments.. You think Medicine in a top rated school like OAU comes easily as you think. She scored high but there must have been some other person with higher scores more deserving of the admission. Instead of attacking the provost who took his time to explain please advocate for the return of post utme and the stop of all this catchment areas come educational disadvantaged areas. If there had been post UTME others that deserves it less would have been sieved out.

God bless the Provost. He was really willing to help when I called is attention to it yesterday. But it was just too late.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by karleone(m): 8:33am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Vcojuro: 8:37am On Dec 23, 2016
Mister2:

Something I do not understand; she ranked 103 and 100 candidates were admitted... there are 56 other candidates ahead of her who didn't meet the cut-off mark. If 56 candidates scored below the cut-off and also beat her in aggregate scores, how come she missed the list by 3 steps (103-100=3)?
That's what I am talking about.
There are more than 50 people in her class who didn't meet up to the cutt off point and whose points are lower than hers.

Children of professors and staff are among this category.

I know oau students will come and argue that again.

Imagine that, their medicine department has a quota of 100, and they are just admitting a total of 30 students for merit, catchment and ELDS.

The remaining 70 students where did they come.

It's a fact that I know, ask any oau students in the faculty of sciences or in the college of health sciences.

If they argue that fact, then they should publish their medicine and surgery admission list for this year on their website or in the newspaper.

Let's see the no that was admitted under catchment, ELDS and merit.
At least they will justify themselves.

Let any oau student post a picture of Medicine admission list and I will agree with the provost.

My concern Is that the, remaining half of the class, did they deserve to be admitted before that young lady.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by karleone(m): 8:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by bigiyaro(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2016
DonLo:

where is the competition when a dumb head from the so called educationally disadvantage state with less score be considered above someone with a higher score bt from a different region?
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Vcojuro: 8:42am On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

Hi, it's possible if she is merit based..45% of the admitted 100 were merit based, meaning 45 people were admitted based on merit. If 56 scored higher than her, then she must be number 101th, which is higher than 103..Though I suspect the 103 might be correct due to approximations.

If you disagree, please post. This is serious.
merit in which school.
Go to their department and see those they admit for medicine, candidates with outrageous score like 220, 230, 228, 233.
They should disprove this by posting their admission list or is that too difficult for them.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by fa4dmike(m): 8:45am On Dec 23, 2016
LorDBolton:

read the post again...

This time... SLOWLY

Even during pume era such cases occur, I know someone who was offered fishery instead of medicine n surgery.

Anybody who's been thru the 4 walls of any nigerian university would automatically comprehend what the provost just declared
my dear , do the calculations and check it. the girl passed the cut off mark. just that she was mislead to fill that school not that the school produces the best medical students
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by daneni1(m): 8:47am On Dec 23, 2016
validstar1:
But it wasn't calculated with her score,why??
The total score there is 50 not 45,calculate it well...Her total score is 79.Why the miscalculation and injustice?

It wasn't a miscalculation, the computation is correct as physics can't be computed twice.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Guru9ja(m): 8:49am On Dec 23, 2016
AZeD1:

I don't think there was post UME this year.
There was last year. it was scrapped this year
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Ondoboi12345678: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2016
Shit like these doesn't happen if you really want to study abroad. I graduated from university of cape coast and all I need get admitted is just my waec result. Rubbish
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by suremanpatriot: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2016
Complete rubbish after all her struggle...u mean they want her to resit exams. This does not happen in USA...complete bullshit of edu sys of stone age
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by habtund(f): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2016
yinkslinks:
Children
Adult Wetin happen

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Photos Of Choice Christopher, New Delta Poly SUG President That Caused Uproar / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree / Mmesoma Ejikeme Opens Up After JAMB Accused Her Of Forging JAMB Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.