Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. (1698 Views)

Get Your 2016 Mavro Back From Mmm / Letter From MMM Mavrodi To Nigerian Journalist & Bloggers! / Unveiled: How MMM Owners Make Millions Of Money From MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. by takenadoh: 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
Well I was thinking very hard, and like they say, too much of everything is bad, and even the good things can hurt you in excess, although with MMM and the likes it is clearly stated that it isn't an investment and you should engage in it with your "spare" cash, probably signalling it has or had a "best before" date, Although they have maintained that the "pause" or freezing of the accounts was only done to safe guard the system which is understandable , I sat down and thought about those that have made money off this scheme apart from the participants, which I'll list below and try to explain how.

1. Telecommunications companies- They are the highest gainers from MMM and the likes, because when a participant is matched with another person, his or her phone number is provided and quite often, participants will call each other to ensure there is someone a "human"on the other side of the line,the alert you receive also and sometimes some guiders go as far as texting participants when they are matched since everything is done online you'll have to buy Data bundles to keep up with your account and happenings,
For the sake of further calculations according to MMM's website there are over 2 million registered participants, for further calculations we assume about half, that is 50% of them are active which is 1 million active users, hence forth.

*lets assume calls are 10 naira per minute and you are matched with 3 people and to complete each transaction you probably spend at least 3 minutes and for calls we'll use 75% of the total number of active users.

10*750000*3*3= 67500000 ( in one month)
in the last 4 months, that's over 270 million naira,
This is for calls only, by the time we add Data charges and Text messages, that amount will probably triple.

2. Banks - Yeah I know this sounds a bit off, but this is true, the banks have made money off transaction fees of 100 naira, for transfer charges, if we assume that about 500 thousand participant use online channels and each participant is matched with at least 3 people and they provide help just once a month for the past 4 months MMM was making waves

i.e 500000*100*3 = 150000000 (150 million [/b]naira on charges alone) for one month
and in 4 months with our very conservative estimates the banks smiled with [b]0.6 billion naira

Not forgetting the banks charge you 5 naira per sms they send to you, and typically they'll send 3 text messages , one for VAT, One for the transaction, and another for the 100 naira commission.

3. Federal Government - Although CBN and SEC warned Nigerians sternly of MMM and the likes, but the Federal Government makes more money by way of taxes when for example the Telecommunication companies in No. 1 or No. 2 the Banks make more profit, apart from that the Federal Government makes 5 naira per transaction as VAT in the above calculation.
so in the past 4 months the Federal Government has made over 30 million naira from VAT charges on transactions alone apart from other sources.'

On a final note, I know a lot of people have criticized these schemes and called it all sort of names, we can't help but state that some people have earned some good cash off these schemes, although it would sound harsh because some people will probably lose money in the end, but what will you say in the case of a casket (coffin) maker, praying for customers.?

[url]thenaijalisting..com[/url]

http://thenaijalisting..com/2016/12/top-3-gainers-from-mmm-scheme.html

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Re: Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
Anyway we do it, any action has either a gain or a loss. always seek for that which is a genuine opportunity, don't hesitate so you won't be late. choose wisely.

check my signature, and join the winning team
Re: Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. by gentlekeny(m): 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nice right up...

Just to add

4. Nigerian Bloggers: Alot of bloggers used MMM to get alot of traffic to their blogs. Even though 96.5% of that they were saying were all conjectures and fallacies aimed at generating comments.

2 Likes

Re: Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. by charleseee(f): 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cc: seun
Re: Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. by takenadoh: 4:29am On Dec 23, 2016
gentlekeny:
Nice right up...

Just to add

4. Nigerian Bloggers: Alot of bloggers used MMM to get alot of traffic to their blogs. Even though 96.5% of that they were saying were all conjectures and fallacies aimed at generating comments.

Yes I totally agree, with you, but it is hard to calculate in actual fact probably how much bloggers have gained from the News of MMM I wanted to use those I could give a figure to..
Re: Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
Pastors too....... sowing of seed and quadruple tithes cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. by Dymaco(m): 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nairaland....
many people troop nairaland to get details about mmm. thereby generating traffic for seun
Re: Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. by chiefconerstone: 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
5. The TOP GUIDERS - this group of people did less than nothing (unlike the other three) but made more on each transaction. Beside most have multiple account and were fingered among those who present fake tellers.
6. Don't forget Mavdro himself. that guy is more popular than Donald Trump.

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Use Payza? / How To Create A Successful Marketing Plan / NBC Launches Youth Empowered Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.