Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% (51115 Views)

OAU Admission Section 2019/2020 / OAU Admission 2019/2020 / OAU Admission Merit List Out On Caps Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by totalhouse(m): 9:33am On Dec 23, 2016
HIScraziness:

There's nothing like malpractice in that school, I bet if you know the kinda secondary school it is you wouldn't type that

Don't mind the guy, he is even spilling trash... I made an A2 in maths and c6 in my waec, and gce I had A1 in maths and A3 in physics. I never used Expo in my life. My achievements academically were by dint of hardwork and God's grace. Physics is far difficult to pass than maths.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 23, 2016
Idyllic:
The mistake is with the summation of her O'level result. From what the distinguished Prof. posted above. The summation of her O'level result should be 50/64 not 44/64. Therefore her O'level score should be 78.1%. Since her JAMB is 320/400. That is 40/50=80%. 78.1+80/2=79.05%. Which is above the merit cut off. She should be on merit list sir. cc: Seun lalasticlala

Furthermore, using the Prof calculation above she is above the merit cut off. Using my own calculations(below), she is even far above the cut off mark. Whichever one we use she is above the merit cut off.

If we choose her 8 best subjects from above, English A1(8 marks), Maths B3 (6 marks), Biology C4 (5 marks), Chemistry B3 (6 marks), Physics C4 (5 marks ), Civic Education A1(8 marks), Further Maths B2 (7 marks ), Computer science A1 (8 marks). 8+7+5+6+5+8+7+8=53, That is 53/64=82.8%.

Her JAMB UTME is 320/400=80%. (80+82.cool/2=81.4%. Her aggregate should be 81.4% sir.

Looking at her screening report below which she uploaded on Twitter, it is obvious that the computer made a mistake of computing only 7 subjects out of her O level results instead of 8 subjects. And from your calculation above sir, there is a mistake of Physics been repeated twice (even with your calculation above with Physics been repeated twice, her aggregate point should be 79.05 % sir). cc : Seun Lalasticlala Adesegunfat
Dear Prof., by the moniker Adesegunfat, I've always known OAU to be a reputable institution and so, please do the needful asap. The legacy left behind since the early 90's is expected to still be maintained till date. In case a candidate had occupied this poor prospective student's place in error, due to an influence propelled by a letter from the above, please do the reversal asap. The case is already in the public domain so, it's no more hidden. There are quite reputable people here on nairaland, including Senators, Governors, Ambassadors, Embassies, Companies' CEOs, DGs, Medics, etc who are only known by different monikers , except the US Embassy whose moniker can be easily noticed and I strongly believe they're closely following this case as well. I want to continue to remain anonymous myself, until when there's need for me to act. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation in this regard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by faithzy(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2016
Mickael2:

I am not really saying that I'm sure but you have a point there. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if her Jamb and WAEC results aren't even hers(you understand what I mean by that). This years Jamb and WAEC don turn to full time rubbish so it's hard to really understand if she is the owner. Looking at that result intensively, I do not think that it is possible for someone with B2 in Maths to get a C4 in physics, I have been in the WAEC system for a while between 2011-2013, in most cases, physics grades are better than maths grades. I will still check that her school to know if it's a malpractice zone, or if it's one of these schools that pay for good WAEC grades for marketing purposes
your just a HYPOCRITE, her school has high reputation, my classmate is an alumni of the school and he made a 1st class

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Ximenez(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:

This is pure rubbish. In OAU where I studied, there were hundreds of students from delta state. I think they had the biggest students association in the entire school, during my time.
I agree that the admission process in Ife is fraught with plenty of irregularities. OAU is a good school so a lot of people try to get in by hook or crook. Unfortunately with this girls case, it seems the crooked admissions are gaining the upper hand and becoming more daring. To scheme out someone with 320 in Jamb and a decent WAEC result is the height of fraud, very daring fraud. If this girl seriously takes this thing up, plenty of heads will roll starting with this provost that doesn't even know simple maths and is trying to fraudulent explain his way out of his wayo.
Don't mind the clown, they even have their indigenous association in OAU, the truth is that some people can never forget how they were dealt a huge blow by OAU post Utme then, back then you'll see people with high jamb score not getting up to 200 in the post utme, hence this is the perfect time to air their long bottled up frustration

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by thinkative: 9:35am On Dec 23, 2016
Enoxxy:

Lol. I'm sure she'll be happier in Medicine. Medicine and Med rehab are not the same sir. If she she truly deserves to be given medicine, they should change her course abeg, except of course, she bluntly refuses.

she made a mistake in uploading her waec results. she uploaded only 7 subjects. that's why she fell short

its a pity given she has a very good result. but at least she has the med rehab to fall back on.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Fussbot: 9:35am On Dec 23, 2016
worldman:
O A U is one of the worst university in Nigeria if it comes to admission issue I could remember 2003 I was looking for admission in oau I scored 280 in jamb the cutoff then was 270 for mechanical engineering I was very hopeful that I will be offered admission later the issue of catchment area comes in that I'm from osun state catchment for osun is is 285 for this reason I was denied admission
just in the bid to paint oau bad, look at the nonsense u typed.... Cut off 270,catchment area of osun state where the school is situated 285....oponu

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by faithzy(m): 9:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Dottune:
Finally!!! Someone that understand how it works, they don't use 9 subjects but just 5 relevant subjects. All of them were just ranting "ignorantly"
and the provost of the institution used 8, I hope you ain't blind

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by faithzy(m): 9:40am On Dec 23, 2016
kstix:

U can't make that kind of mistakes in federal unis, they will cost u ur admission.
it can be rectified.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Ximenez(m): 9:43am On Dec 23, 2016
awelekiti:
Dear Prof., by the moniker Adesegunfat, I've always known OAU to be a reputable institution and so, please do the needful asap. The legacies left behind since the early 90's is expected to still be maintained till date. In case a candidate had occupied this poor prospective student's place in error, due to an influence propelled by a letter from the above, please do the reversal asap. The case is already in the public domain so, it's no more hidden. There are quite reputable people here on nairaland, including Senators, Governors, Ambassadors, Embassies, Companies' CEOs, DGs, Medics, etc who are only known by different monikers , except the US Embassy whose moniker can be easily noticed and I strongly believe they're closely following this case as well. I want to continue to remain anonymous myself, until when there's need for me to act. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation in this regard.
Well said sir, but this was caused by the new admission policy, if you calculate her screening score from morning till evening with the right subjects it won't reach 78%. Even though I'd have preferred if OAU make use of only UTME scores for admission like UNIBEN and some schools, while making the minimum of 5 credits in the relevant Olevel results as an entry requirement, in this case this brilliant girl wouldn't have any problem

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by nmreports: 9:43am On Dec 23, 2016
Im waiting for her response.
Will upload this on my blog shortly.
Check www.HRtechnique.com
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Kaykay(m): 9:43am On Dec 23, 2016
I just cannot but appreciate the wisdom behind social media where it is used in solving hitherto naughty issues like this. It is a great weapon to exposing dirty secrets affecting the community secretly and especially the down trodden in the society. I love all the constructive criticism raised especially to awaken our institutions which is suppose to be custodian of knowledge but are far lagging behind in almost all aspects: research, teaching technicalities, result releasing or even script releasing to mention a few. It is a great shame. Let's keep it up.....

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by thinkative: 9:43am On Dec 23, 2016
oruma19:
OP, u must be a stranger in Nigeria to think this is a mistake. Leave dat mata abegiiii, most schools in the south west wether federal or state do not like to admit students from the Niger Delta. I know what i am talking about. They deliberately did what they did to make it look like the student wasn't qualified but the real reason is tribalism. I schooled in the West and I know what we passed thru to be able to come out in one piece. Yoruba people are "majorly" tribalistic. That is no news and does not make the Ibos and Hausas better off, the difference is tphat the hausas are a bit mild in there show of tribalism and if peradventure u speak their language, they accept u more.

the girl is from delta state. and yes, she is already a student of OAU. studying medical rehabilitation.

you see ehn, delta and bayelsa students association are one of the biggest associations in OAU. they used to hold their weekly meetings at Fajuyi Hall back when I was in Ife. I even remember asari dokubo delivering a lecture at one of their events.

pls, stop spreading falsehood in the name of tribalism.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by sisisioge: 9:44am On Dec 23, 2016
Whew! You have done very well by making the right noise. The supplementary list will soon be out with her name on it...thanks cool.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Ifebazz(m): 9:44am On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

Guy, if you are truthful, post your results like the young girl and we will do follow up.

I am interested in why our excellent students, near geniuses and geniuses are not getting admitted by our good schools in naija, after the students have worked so hard to make elite grades.
Not just truthful, if he actually scored 310 in UME he should know the difference between 'am sure' and 'I'm sure'. If you check his English in SSCE you'd see A1 ooh, yet 'am doing this', 'am eating', 'am good' all over the Internet. He should go and write another SSCE first.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Claumy2(m): 9:45am On Dec 23, 2016
I am totally against the so called "Educationally Disadvantaged State" (ELDS). If you do not merit it, forget it. Continue with your cattle rearing; it gives money too. The criteria, in my opinion, should be on merit and may be catchment area with a very low percentage.

As for the real reason why the girl was denied admission, I strongly believe that the VC or whoever that were involved did that deliberately.
The only way is to give the girl the admission.

Having stated the above, all these are being experienced in its massiveness under a certain Buhari...

Failed administration!!!!!

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 23, 2016
Ximenez:
Well said sir, but this was caused by the new admission policy, if you calculate her screening score from morning till evening with the right subjects it won't reach 78%. Even though I'd have preferred if OAU make use of only UTME scores for admission like UNIBEN and some schools, while making the minimum of 5 credits in the relevant Olevel results as an entry requirement, in this case this brilliant girl wouldn't have any problem
Thank you.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Ximenez(m): 9:48am On Dec 23, 2016
greenermodels:
students don't run away from such subjects but are rather forced into it by the federal government who introduced the new curriculum. it's also worsened by teachers most of whom are either not university graduates or gained admission themselves through the Backdoor, talking from experience .
you are required to register for minimum of 7 and maximum of 9. As a science student this combination is good enough (English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, physics, Agricultural science, Economics, Geography) you can now add one Nigerian Language even though it's no longer compulsory.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by pavlovt: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2016
Kindly do the summation very well she got 45 as Prof. indicated, though Physics was repeated twice but still not part of the summation.
The University will only pick the subjects that relate to the course applied for that is reason why computer Science was not added it is irrelevant. So the Prof is right.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by michofem(m): 9:49am On Dec 23, 2016
It is unfortunate that the brilliant girl was not given admission as a result of criteria used by the university. As a matter of fact, some of the universities considered 5 or maximum of 6 relevant o'level subjects to calculate points for students in the recent admission exercise. University of Ibadan for example considered 5 o'level subjects in her recent admission. In her case, I think OAU considered just 6 relevant subjects and not all the subjects she passed at O'level.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Seunpaul01(m): 9:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Handsomecole:
It's only OAU Great IFE that admission arguments like this can arise. grin

Proudly Great IFE!!!

Oga Provost please do the right thing...

Which kind mumu u be self. Your school made a very terrible mistake that could cause someone her career decisions. You are here saying silly arguments like this can only be from OAU.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by kstix(m): 9:51am On Dec 23, 2016
faithzy:
it can be rectified.
Nope it can't. My sister had d same issue with U. I Even when she passed the cut off mark
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Fairsystem: 9:53am On Dec 23, 2016
Until this point system admission method is being abolished, this kind of case might occur from year to year. When hardworking, intelligent and smart applicants might be denied their hard-earned admission into their courses of choice.

Does that mean a candidate that has credits and some distinctions in the O'level exams cannot decide to study medicine or other professional courses, even though they are bright and smart, this method is not just balanced.

The credibility of some O'level results cannot simply be verified, yet someone with 240 and straight A1's might get admitted as compared to 300+ with credits and some distinctions. This is unfair.

Our leaders who brought on this method need to see the devastating effects it has on our smart and intelligent youths seeking admission.
We just need to voice out.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by tohe(m): 9:54am On Dec 23, 2016
Idyllic:
The mistake is with the summation of her O'level result. From what the distinguished Prof. posted above. The summation of her O'level result should be 50/64 not 44/64. Therefore her O'level score should be 78.1%. Since her JAMB is 320/400. That is 40/50=80%. 78.1+80/2=79.05%. Which is above the merit cut off. She should on merit list sir.

Infact, she is far above the cut off sir. it is a privilege to have you on Nairaland sir. These are her results below. If you calculate her points from them, she had above the merit cut off. I believe the mistake is from the computer or it operator. Actually, the system chose only 7 of her subjects instead of 8 subjects. cc: Seun, Adesegunfat, lalasticlala Let 's help this girl

did u go through the waec she typed? I c 7 subjects not 8. so maybe the computer computed 7 for her.
if dats true den its her fault.
I am a graduate of oau and once u enter their cutoff, nothing and I repeat nothing would stop u from cin ur name on d merit list
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Handsomecole(m): 9:57am On Dec 23, 2016
I know you are one of those OAU denied Admission because you couldn't meet up. I feel your pain, but if you had calmed down to read my last sentence there wouldn't be any need to comment this trash.
Seunpaul01:

Which kind mumu u be self. Your school made a very terrible mistake that could cause someone her career decisions. You are here saying silly arguments like this can only be from OAU.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by onlyme07(m): 10:02am On Dec 23, 2016
This thread is very educative with good critics. I hope all Universities across board will start making transperency their watchword when it comes to admission criteria.

Prof was correct with his calculation and I think the girl understands better with Prof's response.

Young lady,enjoy the Med Rehab,put in your best and if you decide to cross over in your 2nd year to Med & Sug, be rest assured that Prof will not hesitate to assist so far you have the required grades to convince your new dept and if you decide to stay with your Med Rehab,I wish you best of luck

I once said it,Nigeria,my country,will be great again.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Badisa17: 10:04am On Dec 23, 2016
Kendzyma:
That's really unfortunate... Cc lalasticalala,mynd44 Mr Adesegunfat,pls look into this grave error

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by tohe(m): 10:05am On Dec 23, 2016
Idyllic:
The mistake is with the summation of her O'level result. From what the distinguished Prof. posted above. The summation of her O'level result should be 50/64 not 44/64. Therefore her O'level score should be 78.1%. Since her JAMB is 320/400. That is 40/50=80%. 78.1+80/2=79.05%. Which is above the merit cut off. She should be on merit list sir. cc: Seun lalasticlala

Furthermore, using the Prof calculation above she is above the merit cut off. Using my own calculations(below), she is even far above the cut off mark. Whichever one we use she is above the merit cut off.

If we choose her 8 best subjects from above, English A1(8 marks), Maths B3 (6 marks), Biology C4 (5 marks), Chemistry B3 (6 marks), Physics C4 (5 marks ), Civic Education A1(8 marks), Further Maths B2 (7 marks ), Computer science A1 (8 marks). 8+7+5+6+5+8+7+8=53, That is 53/64=82.8%.

Her JAMB UTME is 320/400=80%. (80+82.cool/2=81.4%. Her aggregate should be 81.4% sir.

Looking at her screening report below which she uploaded on Twitter, it is obvious that the computer made a mistake of computing only 7 subjects out of her O level results instead of 8 subjects. And from your calculation above sir, there is a mistake of Physics been repeated twice (even with your calculation above with Physics been repeated twice, her aggregate point should be 79.05 % sir). cc : Seun Lalasticlala Adesegunfat

Bros, did she enter those eight subject u pple are computing for her. I think she entered 7 ?
you cannot come to naira land and b computing something else.
oau would do their computation on her entered data and if theres a mistake in her entered data den its her fault and not oau...and its based on this provisional admission is offered .
pls do proper research and don't b controlled by ur emotions
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Idyllic: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2016
michofem:
It is unfortunate that the brilliant girl was not given admission as a result of criteria used by the university. As a matter of fact, some of the universities considered 5 or maximum of 6 relevant o'level subjects to calculate points for students in the recent admission exercise. University of Ibadan for example considered 5 o'level subjects in her recent admission. In her case, I think OAU considered just 6 relevant subjects and not all the subjects she passed at O'level.

OAU IFE used 8 subjects for all the candidates. Kindly read the original post. The Prof himself said it. Carefully read the post of the Prof. I think the mistake happened while calculating her points. OAU IFE is a very honest institution.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by PharmAlfred: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2016
The summary of everything we 've said is that admission into Nigerian universities have to be seriously reviewed. This is just one of the many cases out there.

Merit seriously doesn't exist in the system. You will be surprise that the so-called merit list got the least vote.

I still do not see the need for lowering the standard for Educationally Less Developed States. If they are not ready to wake up they better allow those who have woken up and are ready to study.

The education minister doesn't even seem to understand what is going on. This is the lowest I have seen JAMB got to in my whole life. At least in my time, JAMB wasn't this bad, if not I would not 've even gained admission let alone study a very competitive course.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Abimloaded(m): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2016
FROM WHAT I AM SEEING HERE, THE LADY ACTULLY CAUSED ALL THE ERROR!

LOOK AT HER SCREENING REPORT PICTURE, LOOK AT THE TOTAL NUMBER OF O'LEVEL RESULTS SHE SUBMITTED, SHE ACTUALLY SUBMITTED 7 SUBJECTS INSTEAD OF 8 SUBJECTS.

TAKE A VERY GOOD LOOK AT THE PICTURE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.
SHE MADE THE ERROR BY HERSELF!

3 Likes

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Mr3noble(m): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2016
This is really sad.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by greenermodels: 10:07am On Dec 23, 2016
Ximenez:
you are required to register for minimum of 7 and maximum of 9. As a science student this combination is good enough (English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, physics, Agricultural science, Economics, Geography) you can now add one Nigerian Language even though it's no longer compulsory.
bros,you're still using the old school formula o,in the current curriculum, subjects like civic studies are compulsory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition / Comfort Ekaette Inyang, BABCOCK Best Student: I Never Had A Boyfriend On Campus / Abubakar Ibrahim Is The "Longest" In Kwara State Polytechnic (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.