Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% (51107 Views)

OAU Admission Section 2019/2020 / OAU Admission 2019/2020 / OAU Admission Merit List Out On Caps Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Idyllic: 10:11am On Dec 23, 2016
tohe:

Bros, did she enter those eight subject u pple are computing for her. I think she entered 7 ?
you cannot come to naira land and b computing something else.
oau would do their computation on her entered data and if theres a mistake in her entered data den its her fault and not oau...and its based on this provisional admission is offered .
pls do proper research and don't b controlled by ur emotions

They were told to upload there results not enter it. The Prof. himself computed 8 results for her, the mistake was during the "summation ". Pls everyone read the Prof's post before commenting. It will help you to understand. The Prof is a very nice man and I believe he will do something about it that I called his attention to it. I don't even know the girl, I just felt pity for her. And OAU IFE been a university with very high integrity and the Prof being a very nice man. I belive he will do something about it

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by imocheezy(m): 10:12am On Dec 23, 2016
[url=chiviato..com]Her real score was posted HERE[/url]
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Idyllic: 10:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Ximenez:
Well said sir, but this was caused by the new admission policy, if you calculate her screening score from morning till evening with the right subjects it won't reach 78%. Even though I'd have preferred if OAU make use of only UTME scores for admission like UNIBEN and some schools, while making the minimum of 5 credits in the relevant Olevel results as an entry requirement, in this case this brilliant girl wouldn't have any problem

Kindly go and read the Prof post, you will see that there was a mathematical error while adding the scores together. Nobody is above mistake. So, stop saying what you don't know her score is more than 78%. You didn't even read the Prof's post before making comments.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by PrinceMario(m): 10:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Guru9ja:
OAU is not to be trusted when it comes to seeking admission into the prestigious university. They have made so many cry. I won't say so much about it but I will always advise candidates to go for UI and Unilag with Uniben conclusively.

Those aforementioned university admission is so transparent and they are reliable.
Ones u surpass their cut off, you are in.
Oga shut up. I knew no one when I entered OAU.
And I was only 0.5mark above the cut off.
Stop spewing what you don't know. You probably had failed the most standard post utme in the past.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by tohe(m): 10:16am On Dec 23, 2016
Idyllic:

They were told to upload there results not enter it. The Prof. himself computed 8 results for her, the mistake was during the "summation ". Pls everyone read the Prof's post before commenting. It will help you to understand. The Prof is a very nice man and I believe he will do something about it that I called his attention to it. I don't even know the girl, I just felt pity for her. And OAU IFE been a university with very high integrity and the Prof being a very nice man. I belive he will do something about it

I checked her summary which had 7 subjects, and dats what was used..if it had 8 then they under calculated for her then she has a point.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by naijamustsweet: 10:16am On Dec 23, 2016
Even your calculation contains an error.
8+7+5+6+5+8+7+8= 54 and not 53 you reported.
Idyllic:
The mistake is with the summation of her O'level result. From what the distinguished Prof. posted above. The summation of her O'level result should be 50/64 not 44/64. Therefore her O'level score should be 78.1%. Since her JAMB is 320/400. That is 40/50=80%. 78.1+80/2=79.05%. Which is above the merit cut off. She should be on merit list sir. cc: Seun lalasticlala

Furthermore, using the Prof calculation above she is above the merit cut off. Using my own calculations(below), she is even far above the cut off mark. Whichever one we use she is above the merit cut off.

If we choose her 8 best subjects from above, English A1(8 marks), Maths B3 (6 marks), Biology C4 (5 marks), Chemistry B3 (6 marks), Physics C4 (5 marks ), Civic Education A1(8 marks), Further Maths B2 (7 marks ), Computer science A1 (8 marks). 8+7+5+6+5+8+7+8=53, That is 53/64=82.8%.

Her JAMB UTME is 320/400=80%. (80+82.cool/2=81.4%. Her aggregate should be 81.4% sir.

Looking at her screening report below which she uploaded on Twitter, it is obvious that the computer made a mistake of computing only 7 subjects out of her O level results instead of 8 subjects. And from your calculation above sir, there is a mistake of Physics been repeated twice (even with your calculation above with Physics been repeated twice, her aggregate point should be 79.05 % sir). cc : Seun Lalasticlala Adesegunfat
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Ximenez(m): 10:18am On Dec 23, 2016
Idyllic:

Kindly go and read the Prof post, you will see that there was a mathematical error while adding the scores together. Nobody is above mistake. So, stop saying what you don't know her score is more than 78%. You didn't even read the Prof's post before making comments.
i read it yesterday, and this morning people were complaining that the provost left out computer studies A1 amd and picked Further Maths B2. That's how it's supposed to be.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by drexy02: 10:18am On Dec 23, 2016
Those provost are criminal
Wen another person Dat doesn't score up to 250 in Jamb will be offered admission in Dat same dept because if man know man... Mtcheeew corruption everywhere
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Ximenez(m): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2016
greenermodels:
bros,you're still using the old school formula o,in the current curriculum, subjects like civic studies are compulsory.
Yea, a candidate might add that to make it 9 subjects
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by PrinceMario(m): 10:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Adiwana:

Oga,no dey talk this kind of thing.You are trying too hard to prove a point but honestly you're not making sense at all.You once wrote jamb(I believe) and someone getting a 300+ is nothing short of pure genius&no mago mago was involved.And for your claim on her getting Maths B2 and physics C4,she may be good theoretically but maybe having her shortcomings on practical which could have made her gotten her a C4&besides getting Maths A1 is not a guarantee of A1 in physics.Try to appreciate Good when you see one&not trying with your 'too intelligent' write-up
Shut up! Idiot. Walter and Benenimibo, who are respectively the former and present SPE(Society of petroleum engineering) president are both from delta state, Frank, Medicine part5 class rep is from the Niger delta, Greg, the immediate out gone Nursing science President is a Niger deltan, Apere Andel, the immediate out gone NschE( Nigeria society of chemical engineers) president is a Niger Deltan. My girlfriend who is untop of her class with a mountain CGPA is from delta state.
This are just the few can remember for now.

Stop politicizing everything.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Seunpaul01(m): 10:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Handsomecole:
I know you are one of those OAU denied Admission because you couldn't meet up. I feel your pain, but if you had calmed down to read my last sentence there wouldn't be any need to comment this trash.

Chai, some ppl ehn. Anyways, dude, I clearly saw and read your last lines, that is what should have been your comment. But my point is you shouldn't have hail your school. Especially your first two or three lines. You just portray huge contradiction in your comment because how could your school be great and make silly mistakes.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by PrinceMario(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2016
oruma19:
OP, u must be a stranger in Nigeria to think this is a mistake. Leave dat mata abegiiii, most schools in the south west wether federal or state do not like to admit students from the Niger Delta. I know what i am talking about. They deliberately did what they did to make it look like the student wasn't qualified but the real reason is tribalism. I schooled in the West and I know what we passed thru to be able to come out in one piece. Yoruba people are "majorly" tribalistic. That is no news and does not make the Ibos and Hausas better off, the difference is that the hausas are a bit mild in there show of tribalism and if peradventure u speak their language, they accept u more.
Shut up! Idiot. Walter and Bebenimibo, who are respectively the former and present SPE(Society of petroleum engineering) president are both from delta state, Frank, Medicine part5 class rep is from the Niger delta, Greg, the immediate out gone Nursing science President is a Niger deltan, Apere Andel, the immediate out gone NschE( Nigeria society of chemical engineers) president is a Niger Deltan. My girlfriend who is untop of her class with a mountain CGPA is from delta state.
This are just the few can remember for now.

Stop politicizing everything.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Idyllic: 10:32am On Dec 23, 2016
michofem:
It is unfortunate that the brilliant girl was not given admission as a result of criteria used by the university. As a matter of fact, some of the universities considered 5 or maximum of 6 relevant o'level subjects to calculate points for students in the recent admission exercise. University of Ibadan for example considered 5 o'level subjects in her recent admission. In her case, I think OAU considered just 6 relevant subjects and not all the subjects she passed at O'level.

OAU used 8 subjects while UI used 5 subjects. OAU and UI don't use the same number of subjects. They calculate their points differently. And for those saying computer studies, Civic education e.t.c are irrelevant to Medicine. Those are the new subjects introduced by FG and they are compulsory. Things have changed from the time we were in Secondary school. You will note the Prof. himself added Civic education while computing her results. The issue is the error that occured while doing the addition, it was a mistake. And I believe it will be corrected if we call Prof 's attention to it. Please let everyone read Prof's post first before commenting and check her credentials which I uploaded, and carefully examine her OAU screening report and you will discover it is all a mistake which can be corrected if we call the attention of the Prof to it. I don't know the girl from adam but I believe we shouldn't let her hardwork go in vain. The Prof is really a very nice person, let's utilise the opportunity that he is on nairaland to call his attention to it, I believe he will do something about it.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by greenermodels: 10:34am On Dec 23, 2016
Ximenez:
Yea, a candidate might add that to make it 9 subjects
nope, i said it's compulsory, the current curriculum is totally messed up.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by hotspec(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2016
Adesegunfat, kindly have a re-look @ this young girl issue sir. Dont let her waste away
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by borie4u(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2016
Its quite surprising when you see argument ranging from this and that about Oau. As an alumni of great Ife I would say that many things said by disgruntled wannabe great Ife is not true.
1. Just as admission racketeering is prominent in most Nigerian university great Ife is not an exception. Early 2000 you will see students with low scores getting into prestigious dept like medicine, elect elect, Chem engine etc . it happens dear.
2. Ife don't admit on tribalism. There is a merit cut off and catchment cut off. Catchment cut off is never higher than merit cut off. I saw a guy said his dept cut off was lesser than his catchment. I say that is a pure lie. This cut off are based on people performance that is why some states have low cut compared to other catchment states.
3. Oau delta student association is one of the strongest state association in Oau. If not the strongest during my stay there. Closest state will be Lagos . I say this due to their week celebration . there is no state not well represented in Oau. No discrimination from any sort compared to other eastern states universities like uniport, unn etc.
4. In the case of the girl it is possible n very possible . I had similar issue then during admission . my name came out in like 4depts and there where cancellation here n there. In as much as your name her name was already in one dept errors will crept in. She should have spoken out. During my own time I was fortunate to see the vc roger makanjuola then and I reported to him pronto it was fixed up. Oau is a free university with lurking around for a day u will even see all prominent governing council of the school I tell you. Issues like this happen n I must say Nigerian universities are not there yet but Oau is still fair compared to universities in ss n de.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by 1metre: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2016
When I read all these balderdash, I laugh inside of me. Admission to a uni, is a right a citizen has so far you can tackle the financial responsibilities. Nigeria, am weeping for you,. When u deny the youth the opportunity to get educated, what type of economic future are u building for the people.. education is a right not a privilege, developed countries do not place complex conditions as a prerequisite for admission to the university, a child with a brilliant score of 320 should be celebrated not to be ridicule. Pls Nigerians, scrap jamb now.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Develpeast: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2016
Mickael2:

I am not really saying that I'm sure but you have a point there. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if her Jamb and WAEC results aren't even hers(you understand what I mean by that). This years Jamb and WAEC don turn to full time rubbish so it's hard to really understand if she is the owner. Looking at that result intensively, I do not think that it is possible for someone with B2 in Maths to get a C4 in physics, I have been in the WAEC system for a while between 2011-2013, in most cases, physics grades are better than maths grades. I will still check that her school to know if it's a malpractice zone, or if it's one of these schools that pay for good WAEC grades for marketing purposes

Mr, I got A1 in maths and got C4 in physics ( because I did not write objective in the exam). So, your point doesn't hold.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Xlyad(m): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2016
For those with the view that all schools are corrupt with respect to admission processes, OAU is one of the most transparent schools. Being from Cross River I had double admission for Mechanical Engineering(Pre Degree and UME) in 2005 without knowing anyone. In fact my UME score was about 5 marks below general cutoff as Cross River State was an ELDS.If any mistake,it could be human error.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Ximenez(m): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2016
greenermodels:
nope, i said it's compulsory, the current curriculum is totally messed up.
Ok bro
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by bigerboy200: 10:48am On Dec 23, 2016
Develpeast:

Mr, I got A1 in maths and got C4 in physics ( because I did not write objective in the exam). So, your point doesn't hold.
wow.. you must be a genius.. respect... I feel for the girl sha..i hope the matter ends with a fair resolution.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Ximenez(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2016
hotspec:
Adesegunfat, kindly have a re-look @ this young girl issue sir. Dont let her waste away
The girl can't waste away, better opportunities await her of she doesn't get it this time.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Magjoel(m): 10:52am On Dec 23, 2016
BlueWizAngel:
Well, about her Waec result, OAU instructed them to upload it, so she couldn't have mistyped anything
after uploading, you will still be ask to fill ur subject and grade
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Jacko1(m): 10:56am On Dec 23, 2016
Mmm meh

Ntoor

Filling an afonja skool

Its easier for camel to go thru eye of needle than you to enter afonja skool

Dem neva even start to give you made up reasons why you failed

Afonja

Tufia
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Xlyad(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2016
Mr, I got A1 in maths and got C4 in physics ( because I did not write objective in the exam). So, your point doesn't hold.[/quote].He committed the fallacy of hasty generalization. I made A1s in Maths and Further Maths and B3 in Physics
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Topiipii(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2016
Xlyad:
For those with the view that all schools are corrupt with respect to admission processes, OAU is one of the most transparent schools. Being from Cross River I had double admission for Mechanical Engineering(Pre Degree and UME) in 2005 without knowing anyone. In fact my UME score was about 5 marks below general cutoff as Cross River State was an ELDS.If any mistake,it could be human error.

In fact, I didn't know where to being to tackle those lot; I got admitted on the merit list without stepping foot on campus, I didn't know anyone there either. My dad had to call some of the extended family members in order to force me to go to OAU then just to check the merit list in person as I did not even bother myself. I ended up going there three days to resumption to check the list.
OAU has an very high number of non-yorubas and they are mostly from SS and SE, I wonder where these liars are getting their facts from.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by ChiefS(m): 10:59am On Dec 23, 2016
It's unfortunate. I suggest JAMB result should 60% while post UTME should be re-introduced but it should be 40%. The candidates should not be made to pay for post UTME exam. The fees should be built into the fees for JAMB exam. JAMB should have a way of sending the money to the universities.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Omooba77: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2016
Guru9ja:
OAU is not to be trusted when it comes to seeking admission into the prestigious university. They have made so many cry. I won't say so much about it but I will always advise candidates to go for UI and Unilag with Uniben conclusively.

Those aforementioned university admission is so transparent and they are reliable.
Ones u surpass their cut off, you are in.

You are very right; I got to Unilag without knowing anybody;who does somebody from the village know self. Same thing for UI for higher degrees.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by BraniacX(m): 11:02am On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

Gbam! very good observation. the result she uploaded for admission has just 7 subjects.

I don't understand why people have turned admission officers and are computing 8 subjects for her.

so much sentiments and emotions. very little logic

Here we are again

Learnt on this thread that results are scanned and uploaded online so the point of her making an omission in filling her subjects is now null and void

2 Likes

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Guru9ja(m): 11:06am On Dec 23, 2016
PrinceMario:
Oga shut up. I knew no one when I entered OAU.
And I was only 0.5mark above the cut off.
Stop spewing what you don't know. You probably had failed the most standard post utme in the past.
I won't shut up prince. And I never applied for OAU. Am saying this cos i have so many candidates that went through this ordeal in OAU. U should be greatful to God u made it into OAU. God bless u
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Guru9ja(m): 11:07am On Dec 23, 2016
Omooba77:

You are very right; I got to Unilag without knowing anybody;who does somebody from the village know self. Same thing for UI for higher degrees.
God bless u sir for ur vouch
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by thinkative: 11:08am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

Here we are again

Learnt on this thread that results are scanned and uploaded online so the point of her making an omission in filling her subjects is now null and void

learnt on this thread that she is already a student of the university. so ur point that she was not offered admission based on tribalism is null and void.

I still insist that there was a mistake somewhere. but its not due to tribalism. maybe nepotism...but not tribalism!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Come And Collect Your Certificates! - University Of Benin Pleads / Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition / Abubakar Ibrahim Is The "Longest" In Kwara State Polytechnic (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.