Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,429 members, 7,800,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% (51073 Views)

OAU Admission Section 2019/2020 / OAU Admission 2019/2020 / OAU Admission Merit List Out On Caps Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by BraniacX(m): 11:15am On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

learnt on this thread that she is already a student of the university. so ur point that she was not offered admission based on tribalism is null and void.

I still insist that there was a mistake somewhere. but its not due to tribalism. maybe nepotism...but not tribalism!

Okay!

One of the -ism's then
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Idyllic: 11:18am On Dec 23, 2016
For those who don't know, this is how OAU IFE calculates students aggregate score and that how is the Prof calculated it, he only made mistakes while adding together the scores giving the girl a score lower than the merit cut off point when in fact her score is far above the cut off.

How to Calculate Screening Result
1. Both the UTME score and your O'level results' grades are
computed to assess you.
2. For the screening, UTME result weighs 50% of your total
score and the remaining 50% from your O'level results.
3. Your best 8 subjects are computed; With A1 = 8, B2 =
7, B3 = 6, C4 = 5, C5 = 4, C6 = 3, and so on.
4. Maximum points from your best 8 O'level subjects is 64
( A1 = 8 X 8 subjects).
5. Your O'level points is then converted to 50% (Assuming
y is your O'level points, then, it will now be calculated
thus: y/64 X 50).
6. For your UTME points, it will be calculated thus: Your
UTME score/400 X 50.
7. Your final merged score, which will be used for
admission now = UTME points (maximum of 50) + O' level
points (maximum of 50) = 100.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by lastmessenger: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

Oga, chill. You don't need insult the prof. How do you know the students are more intelligent than him? or do you have his academic records when he was a teenager? I sometimes tire for you my bros and sis on nairaland. Anyway, I know you dey para, but take am easy.

We will get to the root of this matter. I have just sent the prof an email. He appears nice. Let's hear his response. I will post it when it comes in. If he does not respond, I will send again. If no response, I will now pull strings to ensure we get answers smiley. That get dey too bright to just leave her like that. What, no be the same JAMB wey I know..We she blast na fish. We will hear why they failed to admit her and hopefully the necessary apologies will be provided.
No apologies,they should give her admission and probably ask her to resume next year
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by TobeyTobee: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2016
although you are to upload the waec result....I need to input the subjects and grades manually too.....may b dat is where an error occurred

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Adiwana: 11:22am On Dec 23, 2016
PrinceMario:
Shut up! Idiot. Walter and Benenimibo, who are respectively the former and present SPE(Society of petroleum engineering) president are both from delta state, Frank, Medicine part5 class rep is from the Niger delta, Greg, the immediate out gone Nursing science President is a Niger deltan, Apere Andel, the immediate out gone NschE( Nigeria society of chemical engineers) president is a Niger Deltan. My girlfriend who is untop of her class with a mountain CGPA is from delta state.
This are just the few can remember for now.

Stop politicizing everything.
Oga,is it me or you are talking to another person?
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by sbashir10(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2016
Kendzyma:
But what if she only submitted 7 courses?
she actually submitted seven courses
here's the prove

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by BraniacX(m): 11:38am On Dec 23, 2016
sbashir10:

here's the prove

And this proof says it is the fault of the schools e-portal admin/designers who made one of her subjects unavailable on the day she filled and submitted her form as is corroborated by the other twitter user with whom she's having the conversation so still the schools fault!

But then again the school knows that and they also demanded for scanned copies of results for verification purposes and the computer science she was unable to compile into the form she filled online was very ambiguous in it so if they must calculate her o'levels over 8 subjects, what is their excuse this time? undecided except to give excuses and apportion blame to the student which will fly on superficial examinations but fail when critically assessed

3 Likes

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by taryur(m): 11:45am On Dec 23, 2016
sbashir10:

here's the prove
thank you. this alone solves the whole case.means she was actually at fault.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by TobeyTobee: 11:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Yeah. ...Most of the entrepreneurial subjects we were forced to do was not on the system e.g book keeping....seven subjects was calculated for one of my friends too. The unfair thing is that their O level point was divided by eight.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by taryur(m): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

And this proof says it is the fault of the schools e-portal admin/designers who made one of her subjects unavailable on the day she filled and submitted her form as is corroborated by the other twitter user with whom she's having the conversation so still the schools fault!

But then again the school knows that and they also demanded for scanned copies of results for verification purposes and the computer science she was unable to compile into the form she filled online was very ambiguous in it so if they must calculate her o'levels over 8 subjects, what is their excuse this time? undecided except to give excuses and apportion blame to the student which will fly on superficial examinations but fail when critically assessed
mr,schools dont ask for copies of whatever documents including results until after u have been offered admission. after u av been offered admission,the individual then goes to the said school with original copies of results for verification. stop trying all you can to paint the school ugly, pls. If u make the cut off mark,OAU will always give u an admission regardless of where one is from. many people can attest to that.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by PrinceMario(m): 11:59am On Dec 23, 2016
Adiwana:

Oga,is it me or you are talking to another person?
Apologies bro. Wanted to quote someone else.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by sirmelody(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
see them o na people wer sabi be dat no be we wer be O yes member.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by omoolorire(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
Pls let someone of higher authority take this up with oau management

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by akoko11: 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2016
Magjoel:

same thing I'm thinking, she might have submitted the physics twice then the computer counted only one of the physics
Which computer? This is a deliberate act.
#FG probe Nigerian universities

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by akoko11: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
TobeyTobee:
although you are to upload the waec result....I need to input the subjects and grades manually too.....may b dat is where an error occurred

Y giving them excuses, it's d school dat made mistakes

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by indoorlove(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mickael2:

I am not really saying that I'm sure but you have a point there. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if her Jamb and WAEC results aren't even hers(you understand what I mean by that). This years Jamb and WAEC don turn to full time rubbish so it's hard to really understand if she is the owner. Looking at that result intensively, I do not think that it is possible for someone with B2 in Maths to get a C4 in physics, I have been in the WAEC system for a while between 2011-2013, in most cases, physics grades are better than maths grades. I will still check that her school to know if it's a malpractice zone, or if it's one of these schools that pay for good WAEC grades for marketing purposes
You have raised another valid point which I think should be considered. Most waec result i have seen is exactly the way you said-Phy grades being better than maths grades.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by osaeti(f): 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nar scholarship go end d gal matter last last
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by akoko11: 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
taryur:

mr,schools dont ask for copies of whatever documents including results until after u have been offered admission. after u av been offered admission,the individual then goes to the said school with original copies of results for verification. stop trying all you can to paint the school ugly, pls. If u make the cut off mark,OAU will always give u an admission regardless of where one is from. many people can attest to that.

Fallacy
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by soath(m): 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2016
Abeg just give the girl scholarship.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by thinkative: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

Okay!
One of the -ism's then
but definitely not tribalism. u were bang out of order there.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Mickael2(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
Develpeast:

Mr, I got A1 in maths and got C4 in physics ( because I did not write objective in the exam). So, your point doesn't hold.

when did you write your waec? If it's this year then kindly read my post again. This year's WAEC marking scheme was changed to favour candidates, trust me, you definetly scored lower than what you were given.

Also, you did not write Obj and you got a C4? Categorically it is impossible, because once you have a case of a missing script, marks are deducted. If you had said C6 I might have considered, but if truly you got C4 then it only supports my claim that this year's WAEC was something else
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by akoko11: 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mickael2:

I am not really saying that I'm sure but you have a point there. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if her Jamb and WAEC results aren't even hers(you understand what I mean by that). This years Jamb and WAEC don turn to full time rubbish so it's hard to really understand if she is the owner. Looking at that result intensively, I do not think that it is possible for someone with B2 in Maths to get a C4 in physics, I have been in the WAEC system for a while between 2011-2013, in most cases, physics grades are better than maths grades. I will still check that her school to know if it's a malpractice zone, or if it's one of these schools that pay for good WAEC grades for marketing purposes

Bro, u get it wrong. In my o level I had A1 in maths and C4 in physics without any assistance from anybody. So, ur premises upon which ur conclusion is drawn is void n baseless. D girl deserves d admission, OAU should give it to her n nothing more.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Mickael2(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
faithzy:
your just a HYPOCRITE, her school has high reputation, my classmate is an alumni of the school and he made a 1st class

what is the meaning of a hypocrite lad? And what does it have to do with this conversation?
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Mickael2(m): 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
akoko11:

Bro, u get it wrong. In my o level I had A1 in maths and C4 in physics without any assistance from anybody. So, ur premises upon which ur conclusion is drawn is void n baseless. D girl deserves d admission, OAU should give it to her n nothing more.

this year's WAEC right?
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by otokx(m): 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
What is the point calculating for 7 or 8 o level subjects when only 5 are relevant?

Post Utme would have solved all this mess we are experiencing this year.

There is normally a caveat as regards admission process though, the decision by the committee of provost and deans acting on behalf of the University Senate is final.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
you can't tell me that 100 student surpasses her grades in terms of jamb and waec score for only medicine admission seekers in oau.its complete baloney. The prof forget to tell us the number of candidates that are recommended for admission by the vc, prof and others. Nigerians and corruption. God help us.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Mickael2(m): 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Adiwana:

Oga,no dey talk this kind of thing.You are trying too hard to prove a point but honestly you're not making sense at all.You once wrote jamb(I believe) and someone getting a 300+ is nothing short of pure genius&no mago mago was involved.And for your claim on her getting Maths B2 and physics C4,she may be good theoretically but maybe having her shortcomings on practical which could have made her gotten her a C4&besides getting Maths A1 is not a guarantee of A1 in physics.Try to appreciate Good when you see one&not trying with your 'too intelligent' write-up

yes I actually wrote Jamb once, I got 238 in 2008, and a lot of my peeps were getting 280+, well when we came down and wrote the PUTME and Unizik, none of them came close to my 88 and that was how I made it in before them.

The year that I did my internship, I remember a girl got 308 going for Med Surg in UNN but she came for the PUTME and couldnt get up to 60 and she lost the admission.

Oga, I have been in the system before you entered secondary school, and if you read my post well, I said IN MOST CASES, not in all cases
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by Mickael2(m): 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
vingeophysicist:
you can't tell me that 100 student surpasses her grades in terms of jamb and waec score for only medicine admission seekers in oau.its complete baloney. The prof forget to tell us the number of candidates that are recommended for admission by the vc, prof and others. Nigerians and corruption. God help us.

Vc lists are legally backed up. They are called 'developmental lists' because it is assumed that the money generated from such lists are ploughed back into the school.

Staff lists are also legally backed up, the good Prof said that they can only admit 100 students for medicine and surgery, I can assure you that only about 30 persons were admitted on merit and unluckily she didnt enter than top 30, and she isnt part of the catchment or ELDS. I am not making excuses here but there are a lot of reasons why she wasn't admitted
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by P0intBlank(m): 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
taryur:

thank you. this alone solves the whole case.means she was actually at fault.

Oga, How is she at fault? SMH
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by akoko11: 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mickael2:

this year's WAEC right?

No 2008
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by tiwiex(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
Idyllic:
The mistake is with the summation of her O'level result. From what the distinguished Prof. posted above. The summation of her O'level result should be 50/64 not 44/64. Therefore her O'level score should be 78.1%. Since her JAMB is 320/400. That is 40/50=80%. 78.1+80/2=79.05%. Which is above the merit cut off. She should on merit list sir.

Infact, she is far above the cut off sir. it is a privilege to have you on Nairaland sir. These are her results below. If you calculate her points from them, she had above the merit cut off. I believe the mistake is from the computer or it operator. Actually, the system chose only 7 of her subjects instead of 8 subjects. cc: Seun, Adesegunfat, lalasticlala Let 's help this girl

Was it a mistake? The prof had enough time to Ross check.
Re: OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% by xavijulius(m): 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
It is high-time we end this injustice in our high institutions......... May be she refused to offer them money that is why she was denied admission

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Come And Collect Your Certificates! - University Of Benin Pleads / E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning / Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.