Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games (3033 Views)

How To Play And Cash Out $$ From Playing Game Of Thrones Conquest / 13 Overhyped Video Games That Failed Miserably After They Got Released / Hilarious Video Games Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 23, 2016
Growing up as the only girl in a family has its own advantages; one of which is having interest in video games. Playing video games is one of the hobbies that is mostly male dominated. Hence, seeing a female who is even interested in playing is like seeing a dinosaur in this generation. I started playing Video Games from the time of the SEGA down to PlayStation(PS) consoles. So, I would say I am very well acquainted with the system.My favorite games are FIFA. NBA and Mission Games.

Below I will list the lessons I have learnt playing video games. They are actually Plenty but for the sake of time, I would be listing about five lessons.

1.Views/Results are different from every angle : While I was playing FIFA this morning, I had a difficult time trying to maneuver the defenders in the opposing team in other to clear the path for a goal. I repeated the same pattern of playing the whole first half and was unable to score. I decided to play another pattern in the next half to see if there would be a change. Voila! I started scoring. I ended up winning by 4 - Nil.
I have applied this same method in life so many times and it has really helped. For example If I did same category of investments and none worked out. Rather than not investing again, I change what I invest in and the pattern to use.

2.Do not Relent : I was playing NBA 2K16 with a friend some months back. We were in the 4th quarter of the game and I was winning by 92- 44 . I felt with the amount of time left, he wouldn't break even so I relaxed. I was mocking him at same time while the dude was busy planning his comeback. Before the 4th quarter ended, my friend equalized and even won the game. I felt like a pack of shit.
Even in your most comfortable position, do not relax and loose all guard. It is never over until it is over.

3.Management: I had played RPG games in the past where I ran out of ammunition to complete a stage. It continued this way until I learnt how to manage the little ammunition I had. Life is not an all-you-can-eat buffet and you can’t always get what you want, so be smart with what you have and focus on what’s most important.

4.Patience/Persistence : When I first started playing FIFA games, It was boring to me because I kept losing. At a point, I thought playing game was not meant for me but on a second thought, I decided to keep playing until I am perfect.
In whatever you are doing, If you are able to be persistent, there are a lot you can accomplish.

5. Failure: An Avenue for Learning : When I kept losing my FIFA matches, I had to go back and learn properly how to do it. If I had not lost consecutively, I wouldn't see the need to learn how to play well.
Repeated failure wakes up the zeal to learn in most people.

SOURCE: http://www.maureendimma.com/2016/12/lessons-i-learnt-from-playing-video.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
We would never work out,I hate soccer and bball,I'm so sorry.its not me it's you.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2016
nice post. one of the reasons I love adventire games is that it makes me thinks fast amd as u said help my management system.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by babalonshee(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
u get mouth
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by hitsugaya: 7:40am On Dec 25, 2016
The true definition of patience is playing dark souls series without breaking your pad, TV, console or PC..#FACT cheesy grin wink tongue

3 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
justscorchone:
We would never work out,I hate soccer and bball,I'm so sorry.its not me it's you.

Hahahahahaha Justscorchone, I never asked for us to work out. Heck! There is no US

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2016
babalonshee:
u get mouth
Baba, Ur own dey miss?
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
nice post. one of the reasons I love adventure games is that it makes me think fast and as u said help my management system.
Exactly, These and many more you shall gain from playing the playstation
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
hitsugaya:
The true definition of patience is playing dark souls series without breaking your pad, TV, console or PC..#FACT cheesy grin wink tongue
grin grin grin You are the real MVP
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by ekesoft(m): 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hmm... Dats nice...... Whizbrain. I will love to chat up with you.... 0811.600.7631....whatsapp plz
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by willian10: 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
6- it affects GPA cry
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Dnockeror333(m): 6:49am On Jan 10, 2017
Oh, your game can or may not put excitment to your challenged friends, it may be fun and nothing else.
If you love gaming, join my bandwagon, play and earn! This Mega game can feel your days with excitment and money, come see my new game:
Zackjack!

Beat My Score if you can...
Lets click `n' roll as I wait for you at the playground...
http://www.gotclick1.comAnmYXINbyxAE
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by KAM3KAZI: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
Being wise is completing a game in the legend of Zelda series without having to use a walkthrough.
Even l haven't achieved that
cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by KAM3KAZI: 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
If y'all think your gaming skills are lit then y'all should try playing games from the legend of Zelda series.let's see how far you can go.
P.S:THE LEGEND OF ZELDA IS A GAME ON NINTENDO CONSOLES AND HANDHELD DEVICES wink cheesy
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
willian10:
6- it affects GPA cry
This should be for addicts.There is moderation to every thing otherwise it becomes a flaw.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
ekesoft:
Hmm... Dats nice...... Whizbrain. I will love to chat up with you.... 0811.600.7631....whatsapp plz
Okay
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
i must really commend u for your effort. I totally admire females who play video games infact its one of my spec in a lady. Did u know people who play video games have awesome hand-eye coordination? And ur thinking will be fast. Would relish playing games with u though, i think u would be a worthy opponent. hehe
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by barackodam: 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
No 2, very right, was playing NBA live mobile, and I lost 13 pt lead in the final quarter, I nearly smacked my phone on the ground cos that game made me loose my 5th consecutive match cry cry cry
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by GameCity: 9:54am On Jan 17, 2017
great points there...esp. being too relaxed and overconfident.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by jeff1607(m): 3:21am On Jan 22, 2017
anger management

ability to make quick decisions while under pressure

gives a general knowledge of that particular game in real time like how to drive a car, airplane, handling of guns etc
Re: Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games by timyonkers: 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
Thanks for this very useful post. We play games just for fun and to pass our time. But there are something that we can learn from there. How to do task in time, you have to be intelligent and hardworking to reach your target, etc.

(1) (Reply)

Arcade Game ::::: Sumurai Jack :::::: Click To Play / Fairly Used Psp 1005(phat) For Sale (18k) / Don't Buy These Graphics Cards On Jumia! Or anywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.