Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! (33811 Views)

Little Boy Preaching The Gospel In Rivers State / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / Things You May Like To Know About Occult And Bible Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Deewonder(f): 10:26am On Dec 31, 2016
It beats my imagination when some Christians put themselves under undue pressure to prove points to the devil or any one yet to have this light..
let me ask? If you take the test and pass all, Is it a sign that you know who you are in Christ Jesus? No i don't think..
The devil is powerless and jealous of what we have even though some don't know it due to lack of personal Revelation....
The real battle and your victory is practical not in head knowledge of the bible especially what a site is saying...
what matter most is what and who did Jesus say you are..
Now let me remind us the priviledged kids on earth(lol) , the devil uses tricks and words to make us want to forget who we are ...
Jesus taught us something while on earth...
The devil knew who Jesus was but still came to confront him by saying, if you are the son of God turn this stone to bread...
hmmm Jesus knew his tricks instantly, not that he couldn't do it, infact that would have been the least of what he could do, but he ignore the less privilege devil by smashing him with wisdom.( Guess what he told him) haba devil, man can't live by bread alone, but by every one that proceed from me( The word) ...
so I don't expect any christian to be trying to defend and argue the bible with anyone.
Never give the devil any reason to try to make you doubt the word of God... The word of God works...

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 31, 2016

..Nigerians and their sense of reasoning

..they leave the msg and attack the messenger even when the quiz was not written by the op he only directed you to where it is written

illogical and aggressive set of people inside one nation

2 Likes

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by AMossley(m): 10:35am On Dec 31, 2016
I don't care whether the op is an atheist or not neither do I care if the site is created by an Antichrist to defame the gospel, all I know is that I will only be a fool if I allow people's opinion to change my own belief, I believe the Bible, I believe In God and I believe in Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by GoodMuyis(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
Seun:
I used to think I knew the gospel story very well, because I used to read the bible a lot as a Christian, but then I took the short gospel story quiz below and got every question wrong. I'd like you to take the quiz to find out whether you can do better: The Gospel Story Quiz. Thanks!

Smart Result for smarter guys like us

CC Edenoscar

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by aalangel(f): 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2016
Seun:
I used to think I knew the gospel story very well, because I used to read the bible a lot as a Christian, but then I took the short gospel story quiz below and got every question wrong. I'd like you to take the quiz to find out whether you can do better: The Gospel Story Quiz. Thanks!

A lie from the devil from Seun and his likes. A stupid test that seeks to upturn the word of God and make you feel you know nothing. Clueless Seun at it again.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2016
chose either and it will still be incorrect. no answer is correct
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by GoodMuyis(m): 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
carmag:
..they leave the msg and attack the messenger even when the quiz was not written by the op he only directed you to where it is written

Check my result above, such result is for those who are smarter
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2016
promise10:

the stupidity of atheism seems wider day by day.

As an atheist that question you asked makes you look like a black fool.

Who told you that physics influences God? if physics influences God, how then is he God?

Please PM me, I won't regret sending you back to school.

Do you know what GOD means??

Now ask me that your last question and console yourself like the seun that there is no God.

[s]smh...It's obvious you know nothing about Physics....[/s]
[s]you sending me to your cheap schools in Nigeria In fact you don't deserve my reply [/s]
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Check my result above, such result is for those who are smarter

..sincerely speaking. these are the same set of people that attack buhari for being clueless bla bla bla. ..

op did not even criticise christianity or condemn the bible only ask those who cares to take a look at a quiz he saw in another websites some religious extremist start demanding for his head which is illogical

It's a bloggers business to fish out a story or debate that would generate more traffic which is what he just did, the topic was able to get to 8 pages just like MMM topics
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by bennynaza(m): 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2016
Edenoscar:
That site has been hacked

But i used to attend sunday school, how come?

you will be incorrect no matter d answer u choose.
They just rounded up d inconsistencies in d various gospel accounts of matthew, mark, luke and john
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Kimikazi2: 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2016
I swear wayo dey for this site o. I got zero
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Beey(f): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
Sanchez01:

Just ask him a plain, simple question; if he evolved from monkeys, how come there are still monkeys and why have they not all evolved?
My thought.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by GoodMuyis(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2016
carmag:

..sincerely speaking. these are the same set of people that attack buhari for being clueless bla bla bla. ..

op did not even criticise christianity or condemn the bible only ask those who cares to take a look at a quiz he saw in another websites some religious extremist start demanding for his head which is illogical

It's a bloggers business to fish out a story or debate that would generate more traffic which is what he just did, the topic was able to get to 8 pages just like MMM topics

Thank You for Explanation, But who OP Quiz don epp

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by spartan117(m): 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:
The Bible does not contradict itself.
Over the centuries past, Numerous Agnostic and even some atheist professors who have thoroughly studied the entire bible have on many occasions, come to that conclusion, even despite admitting they dont believe it. Although many came to later believe after a complete study of it.

I would like to first define what a contradiction is according to the Oxford English dictionary;

A combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another:

A good example will be thus:
"John went to school "

To contradict or oppose this statement,
I will have to say;
"John never went to school"

In the light of the aforementioned definition;
"John went to market"
would not even by any means, be a contradiction to
"John went to school"

Why? You may ask.
The answer is simple;

John may have gone to both school and the market, but at different times.

Both statements can be correct, and so will not be qualified to be regarded as opposed to each other. Hence not contradicting nor inconsistent with each other.

Another example would be:
1. "John met a girl called Mary at school"
2. "John met many girls at school"

These two statements coming from 2 different authors can be correct.

How?
The answer is simple;

John could have met Mary at 8am and subsequently met Patricia, Rose, Bolanle and Rukky at 9am, 10am, 11am and12noon respectively.

So it would obviously have been foolish to call both statements contradictions of each other, or to say both statements are not consistent with each other.

It would have been a different scenario if the original statement was;

"John met only Mary at school"

In this case,
"John met many girls at school"
would be a contradiction.

The word "only" would clearly be the changing factor.

And Still on this example, It will even be more foolish to ask,
"how many girls were at John's school?"

Why is it foolish to ask so?
The answer is easy too.

The subject of the statements was not the total population of girls at John's school.
The subject was rather based on the fact that John met girl/girls at school.

A last example would be;

"John said we could come"
and
"They said we could come"

These 2 statements coming from 2 different authors are not by any means contradictions, neither are they inconsistent, as there are numerous possible ways both could happen and still be true as follows;

1. John could be the spokesman of "they"

OR

2. John and "they" could have said so at different times.

OR

3. John and "they" could have also said so at the same
time in unison

4. And so on and so forth

The only way I could have contradicted

Is to have said
"John never said we could come"..

Thats that for buttressing the explanation of what contradictions are.

Coming Back to the bible and the issue of young internet users who claim to be atheists today, its quite unfortunate that many seem to throw around the word "contradiction" all in an attempt to discredit the bible for their personal fleshly gain.
They usually use the internet for this by posting falsely titled articles that make them appear like well researched bible skeptic sholars.

The Parts of the bible where they usually do this, are where different authors give accounts of the same biography or events.
For example, the gospels, 1st and 2nd Kings, Chronicles, Samuel etc.

I will, for the sake of this article, pick one from the popular ones they throw around.

Luke 24:4-5
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
5. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

AND

Mark 16:5-6
 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
6.And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him

Firstly, Take note, Luke says what happened
"as they were perplexed"

Mark says what happened
"as they entered"

As we can see, Two different points in time
Just take note.

Secondly, also take note
The subject topic of both scriptures is NOT the total population count of men or angel messengers that were inside the tomb.
As a matter of fact, if you observe, carefully, none of those two parts of scriptures mentions the total number of angels that were at the tomb.

The subject of both scriptures was what transpired at different points in time while the women entered and also while they were within the tomb.
Just take note.

But guess what

These two portions of the bible are boldly and wrongly pointed as contradictions to each other on an anti-christian bible quiz  website that was featured on one article written by Seun above
You can check it here:

http://exchristian.net/3 (link also above)

To tell you the extent of their insincerity and utter dishonesty,
They did it by asking the question

" How many men were in Jesus' tomb when the women arrived?"

A careful look at this question would show you that the subject of this question is based on the total population count seen by the women on arrival.
Hence the phrase "How many men"

Moreso, the quiz question also specified subject time; "on arrival"

However and contrarily, none of those bible verses highlighted above had the subject of total population counts.

And also, Mark was the only one who decribed in detail what happened as "they entered" which is synonymous with "on arrival"

They intentionally used a question with a different subject and subject time to arrive at the conclusion that both portions of the bible contradicted each other.

When in actual truth, their question (based on "arrival"wink was generated from a momentary description from Mark.

They devilishly picked another momentary description for another point in time, from Luke and arrived at the false claim of "contradiction".

Just As illustrated in our earlier example,

"John met a girl at school"
Vs.

Also, For clarity sake, no portion of the bible talks about the total number of angels that were at the tomb.

Unfortunately, This is not the only portion of the bible they have dishonestly represented as contradiction before.
They have done so on many other verses, as I said before.

For example, the bible never mentioned the number of wise men who came to present gifts to baby Jesus.
But what we find commonly today even among Christians is "three wise men".
This is Wrong!

Another example; the bible never mentions the age of the earth despite the fact that many people go around saying the bible says the earth is 6000 years old

Thank God for bible explanation websites today that can easily be found using search engines like google.
As a result, These verses can now easily be researched.
A good one is www.biblestudytools.com
Such websites are free for everyone to use.

And most importantly, thank God for the Holy Spirit Who reveals these things to us.

Whenever a sincere truth-seeking person is in doubts, he should pray for understanding and the Holy Ghost would open his eyes to understand God's word.

You could also search bible verse explanations on google and youtube.
There are many other free resources online.
Bible explanation is not meant for only theologians and seminarians.

It is sad that many of these young folks who have not read the bible completely before, fall for this "bible contradiction" gimmick and begin to call themselves atheists.
When u Ask them "why?" they would scream "bible contradiction".

The "bible contradiction" gimmick is a plot by the devil directed towards young people of today, to discourage them from approaching what he fears the most, which is the Sword of the Word of God.

He makes them to Forget what the term "contradiction" means in the first place. Giving them a false sense of protection for their sins.
As a result, they never get to ask God for forgiveness.

The devil also makes them forget the fact that being skeptic doesnt necessarily make you an atheist.

My prayer is that, may the Lord Open their eyes to the truth and deliver them from this grand deception.

Amen.
You hit d nail on d head!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by fabre4: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
I won't disbelieve the Bible I have believed all my life because of two witnesses personal account of the Bible if their accounts were exactly the same then I would probably doubt it because it is impossible for 4 people to give exactly and accurately an account of an event without one omitting a minor detail especially when they where afraid or astonished. I think detectives will understand what am saying better at least it shows they didn't just plan to come out and say exactly the same thing like we do when we want to lie.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Thank You for Explanation, But who OP Quiz don epp

..it helps his blogging sight

watch out for tomorrow's threads (Sunday ) the quiz will rear it's ugly head when Christian threads will surface some antagonists had already acquired it as a weapon just to discredit the merit of the bible

you would be here when the argument would ensue definitely which could as well make up 5 to 8 pages he will stylishly push it to front page for more contributions

let's keep our fingers crossed, same time tomorrow it will be a war fare in this arena

Seun had tactically equipped those who would be on the opposing side
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by hopefulLandlord: 3:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
fabre4:
I won't disbelieve the Bible I have believed all my life because of two witnesses personal account of the Bible if their accounts were exactly the same then I would probably doubt it because it is impossible for 4 people to give exactly and accurately an account of an event without one omitting a minor detail especially when they where afraid or astonished. I think detectives will understand what am saying better at least it shows they didn't just plan to come out and say exactly the same thing like we do when we want to lie.

so the writers of the Bible wrote it in fear?

you're now saying the bible would've been too perfect to be true if these differences aren't there?

aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Edenoscar(m): 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Smart Result for smarter guys like us

CC Edenoscar
grin grin

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by fabre4: 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

so the writers of the Bible wrote it in fear?

you're now saying the bible would've been too perfect to be true if these differences aren't there?

aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

Deduce whatever you want from my post but I have made my point only God's word is sure.

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Cityguy: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2016
Cutezt:

I Couldnt Continue, Imagine Getting 0 Out Of A Possible 8, At A Point, I Began Checking My Bible For Confirmation, Quite Tough I Must Say.
Modified
The Writers Of This Quiz Are Scammers, Using 2 Different Accounts Of The Bible To Prove You Failed.
The Url Of The Site Says It All Exchristian.Net
The essence of it is to show the disparity in accounts which some have been touting for so long. The subtle and cunning message is in there in the url as you rightly noted. It may work on some people though but for those who are too rooted in faith backed by personal victories and testimonies, this is nothing but mere intellectualism.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2016
The two answers given are correct. Any answer your click they will say its incorrect because the other is also correct. They are just proving that the bible is full of contradictions!

1 Like

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Cityguy: 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2016
Deewonder:
It beats my imagination when some Christians put themselves under undue pressure to prove points to the devil or any one yet to have this light..
let me ask? If you take the test and pass all, Is it a sign that you know who you are in Christ Jesus? No i don't think..
The devil is powerless and jealous of what we have even though some don't know it due to lack of personal Revelation....
The real battle and your victory is practical not in head knowledge of the bible especially what a site is saying...
what matter most is what and who did Jesus say you are..
Now let me remind us the priviledged kids on earth(lol) , the devil uses tricks and words to make us want to forget who we are ...
Jesus taught us something while on earth...
The devil knew who Jesus was but still came to confront him by saying, if you are the son of God turn this stone to bread...
hmmm Jesus knew his tricks instantly, not that he couldn't do it, infact that would have been the least of what he could do, but he ignore the less privilege devil by smashing him with wisdom.( Guess what he told him) haba devil, man can't live by bread alone, but by every one that proceed from me( The word) ...
so I don't expect any christian to be trying to defend and argue the bible with anyone.
Never give the devil any reason to try to make you doubt the word of God... The word of God works...
What more needs being said? This is just the summary of it all. Thanks for your submission.
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by bolkay47(m): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
Rapsowdee01:
I KEEP WONDERING WHY ATHEIST BOTHER THEMSELVES OVER ''SOMETHING THAT'S JUST A FAIRYTALE''

BUNCH OF MENTALLY DISTORTED HUMANS !
I can't help but marvel at how much they worry themselves over an issue they believe doesn't exist
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2016
The Bible has been translated and written so many times sooooi
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by hopefulLandlord: 4:18pm On Dec 31, 2016
bolkay47:

I can't help but marvel at how much they worry themselves over an issue they believe doesn't exist

Rapsowdee01:
I KEEP WONDERING WHY ATHEIST BOTHER THEMSELVES OVER ''SOMETHING THAT'S JUST A FAIRYTALE''

BUNCH OF MENTALLY DISTORTED HUMANS !

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 31, 2016
carmag:

Op is a well known atheist that's why grin
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
lovelygurl:

Op is a well known atheist that's why grin

eve a murder will be given a fair hearing

would you rather engage someone on intellectual discuss or you go straight to attack the person
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by BlackOnassis(m): 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2016
lepasharon:

If God made us from dirt, why is there still dirt?

30 likes for u cheesy
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by Seun(m): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
You all got it. It's meant to point out the contradictions in the gospels. Why do you think God allowed the most important books in the Bible - the gospels - to contradict each other so much?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2016
Seun:
You all got it. It's meant to point out the contradictions in the Bible. Why do you think God allowed the most important books in the Bible to contradict each other?

U dont know what "contra diction" means.
Obviously.

Get a dictionary. Fast
Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by uvalued(m): 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:
The Bible does not contradict itself.
Over the centuries past, Numerous Agnostic and even some atheist professors who have thoroughly studied the entire bible have on many occasions, come to that conclusion, even despite admitting they dont believe it. Although many came to later believe after a complete study of it.

I would like to first define what a contradiction is according to the Oxford English dictionary;

A combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another:

A good example will be thus:
"John went to school "

To contradict or oppose this statement,
I will have to say;
"John never went to school"

In the light of the aforementioned definition;
"John went to market"
would not even by any means, be a contradiction to
"John went to school"

Why? You may ask.
The answer is simple;

John may have gone to both school and the market, but at different times.

Both statements can be correct, and so will not be qualified to be regarded as opposed to each other. Hence not contradicting nor inconsistent with each other.

Another example would be:
1. "John met a girl called Mary at school"
2. "John met many girls at school"

These two statements coming from 2 different authors can be correct.

How?
The answer is simple;

John could have met Mary at 8am and subsequently met Patricia, Rose, Bolanle and Rukky at 9am, 10am, 11am and12noon respectively.

So it would obviously have been foolish to call both statements contradictions of each other, or to say both statements are not consistent with each other.

It would have been a different scenario if the original statement was;

"John met only Mary at school"

In this case,
would be a contradiction.

The word "only" would clearly be the changing factor.

And Still on this example, It will even be more foolish to ask,
"how many girls were at John's school?"

Why is it foolish to ask so?
The answer is easy too.

The subject of the statements was not the total population of girls at John's school.
The subject was rather based on the fact that John met girl/girls at school.

A last example would be;

and
"They said we could come"

These 2 statements coming from 2 different authors are not by any means contradictions, neither are they inconsistent, as there are numerous possible ways both could happen and still be true as follows;

1. John could be the spokesman of "they"

OR

2. John and "they" could have said so at different times.

OR

3. John and "they" could have also said so at the same
time in unison

4. And so on and so forth

The only way I could have contradicted

Is to have said
"John never said we could come"..

Thats that for buttressing the explanation of what contradictions are.

Coming Back to the bible and the issue of young internet users who claim to be atheists today, its quite unfortunate that many seem to throw around the word "contradiction" all in an attempt to discredit the bible for their personal fleshly gain.
They usually use the internet for this by posting falsely titled articles that make them appear like well researched bible skeptic sholars.

The Parts of the bible where they usually do this, are where different authors give accounts of the same biography or events.
For example, the gospels, 1st and 2nd Kings, Chronicles, Samuel etc.

I will, for the sake of this article, pick one from the popular ones they throw around.

Luke 24:4-5
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
5. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

AND

Mark 16:5-6
 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
6.And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him

Firstly, Take note, Luke says what happened
"as they were perplexed"

Mark says what happened
"as they entered"

As we can see, Two different points in time
Just take note.

Secondly, also take note
The subject topic of both scriptures is NOT the total population count of men or angel messengers that were inside the tomb.
As a matter of fact, if you observe, carefully, none of those two parts of scriptures mentions the total number of angels that were at the tomb.

The subject of both scriptures was what transpired at different points in time while the women entered and also while they were within the tomb.
Just take note.

But guess what

These two portions of the bible are boldly and wrongly pointed as contradictions to each other on an anti-christian bible quiz  website that was featured on one article written by Seun above
You can check it here:

http://exchristian.net/3 (link also above)

To tell you the extent of their insincerity and utter dishonesty,
They did it by asking the question

" How many men were in Jesus' tomb when the women arrived?"

A careful look at this question would show you that the subject of this question is based on the total population count seen by the women on arrival.
Hence the phrase "How many men"

Moreso, the quiz question also specified subject time; "on arrival"

However and contrarily, none of those bible verses highlighted above had the subject of total population counts.

And also, Mark was the only one who decribed in detail what happened as "they entered" which is synonymous with "on arrival"

They intentionally used a question with a different subject and subject time to arrive at the conclusion that both portions of the bible contradicted each other.

When in actual truth, their question (based on "arrival"wink was generated from a momentary description from Mark.

They devilishly picked another momentary description for another point in time, from Luke and arrived at the false claim of "contradiction".

Just As illustrated in our earlier example,

"John met a girl at school"
Vs.

Also, For clarity sake, no portion of the bible talks about the total number of angels that were at the tomb.

Unfortunately, This is not the only portion of the bible they have dishonestly represented as contradiction before.
They have done so on many other verses, as I said before.

For example, the bible never mentioned the number of wise men who came to present gifts to baby Jesus.
But what we find commonly today even among Christians is "three wise men".
This is Wrong!

Another example; the bible never mentions the age of the earth despite the fact that many people go around saying the bible says the earth is 6000 years old

Thank God for bible explanation websites today that can easily be found using search engines like google.
As a result, These verses can now easily be researched.
A good one is www.biblestudytools.com
Such websites are free for everyone to use.

And most importantly, thank God for the Holy Spirit Who reveals these things to us.

Whenever a sincere truth-seeking person is in doubts, he should pray for understanding and the Holy Ghost would open his eyes to understand God's word.

You could also search bible verse explanations on google and youtube.
There are many other free resources online.
Bible explanation is not meant for only theologians and seminarians.

It is sad that many of these young folks who have not read the bible completely before, fall for this "bible contradiction" gimmick and begin to call themselves atheists.
When u Ask them "why?" they would scream "bible contradiction".

The "bible contradiction" gimmick is a plot by the devil directed towards young people of today, to discourage them from approaching what he fears the most, which is the Sword of the Word of God.

He makes them to Forget what the term "contradiction" means in the first place. Giving them a false sense of protection for their sins.
As a result, they never get to ask God for forgiveness.

The devil also makes them forget the fact that being skeptic doesnt necessarily make you an atheist.

My prayer is that, may the Lord Open their eyes to the truth and deliver them from this grand deception.

Amen.

this explanation truly did not come from the mere human brain but from the Holy Spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! by felixomor: 1:15am On Jan 01, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Thumbs up bro, really insightful.

Thanks bro.
Happy 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

A different View on COZA Sex Scandal / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / Brothers, How Do You Cope Sitting Beside Ladies That Bare Cleavage In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.