Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results (63373 Views)

The Scandal Of Census Figures / Census Results Out - More Males Than Females / What Is The Importance Of Census In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2007
Please can someone tell Asari to relax and stop all this I would kill you in court,  Alot of High place Nigerian are working behind closed door to help him get fair treatment,  Authority please at least give him a good accomodation and let him have good food. And can they change the judge, he may not get fair treatment from that Judge,  In america system,  they would change the judge. Please do not change the judge to another yoruba man.  For God sake.  We may end up with 6 month state of emergency because it looks Nigeria is problem.

ishmael  If kano did carry a parallel census they would claim 10 billion,  Too much lies,  Do you see those satellite picture , they are from NASA,  We should be talking on how Kano state , Kastina, Jigawa , sokoto should pay back to the federate account money they collected for 15 years which they were not qualified for,  IBB /Shehu Musa,  Add over 200,000 invible houses to Kano to get the falsified figures,  This is enough prove to send Shehu Musa, Makama and likely IBB to jail in a democracy country. This is financial crime too. KANO STATE should return close to N150 Billion naira back to the federal account. Makama Committed Finanacial crime by misappropiating money meet for the census. He made different claim to collected money from the federal govt, europe and america promises to pay or what every way use satellite picture for the census but even after collecting the money Makama never used the money,  Where did this money go to,  May be Mr Nuru Ribadu can count how many houses in Kano and ask Makama where is our Money , At least this is financial crime too.

4 Play  satellite picture do not justice kano figure so that path does not follow. Kano figures is a falsified figure,  NASA do not lie, Or do you know why NASA would want to lie against Kano I have said it over and over again,  Mr Makama claim he use satellite picture let him release those satellite picture may be it is different from NASA picture.

See this online  game I created about the fraud,  You people can continue to lie but it does not change the truth, 

http://www.nigeriaone.com/satellite/satellitegame.html
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by xopher: 12:11am On Feb 07, 2007
Dr Kadri O. Hamzat  (Lagos State Commisioner for Science & Technology) initially said " Our own slips show that we have 18,924,401 - the returned slips. And we also know that we did not give everybody the slips ,  " .

During the release of Lagos State "Census" , he now claims "Our own figures, which can be compared with other megacities clearly shows the  number recorded was 17,553,924."

From the inconsistencies of the above 2 statements, It clearly shows Lagos State is playing politics with a serious matter of census Figures.

Lagos State Claims in 2006 Children 0-5 years                            =                 3,186,195
Lagos State Figures National ID Card 18 years - above (2003)   =                 4,553,342
Lagos State Figures  National Voters Register                (2003)   =                 4,558,216

If people in the age ranges 0-5 & 18- above = 7.7 Million approximately without the factor of people leaving during the census. Is Lagos State now Claiming people within the age range 6-17 years are nearly 10 Million ? despite arguing that primary and secondary school student population is 2,057,275.

Note: Kano State Claims 3.8 Million Children 0-5 years
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by Mariory(m): 12:59am On Feb 07, 2007
xopher:

Lagos State Claims in 2006 Children 0-5 years = 3,186.195

Where did you get these figures?
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 3:05am On Feb 07, 2007
NigeriaONE

Xtopher there is no politics in it,  Not every slip may be accepted,  the difference is the rejection slip.  She said slip and not people, 2 different thing,  Some slip get rejected. Check any demography in the world, children consist more % .  And why do you want to decieve people,  Look  the different is age 6 to 17 and not 7 tp 17. Even at age 6 to 17 that give you 17 years, 

if

Lagos State Claims in 2006 Children 0-5 years                   =                 3,186.195

and you divided               3,186.195   / 5 ===  637239

Now this is the average number of child for one year, 

Then now multiple this by 17 years == 637,239 X 17 ===  10.8 million

Which show lagos is still consistence with it figure,

Coming up on Naija Radio : Issue of the Niger Delta .  LIVE Call in program. 8 pm Nigeria satursday,  2 pm new york time,    The number to call would be given later for security reason.

Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by buluti(m): 11:01pm On Feb 07, 2007
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2007
Even a blind man can see that Mr Makama made up the census figures,  From Information avialable and satellite  Kaduna state is more populated than Kano state,  So i wonder where Mr Makama was counting,    Even in the north kano state is less populated than many state in the north,   State in the north that are more populated than Kano state are  Kaduna, Kogi , kwara , Benue, adamawa.  It look like the man was not in Nigeria during the census,  Or Do mr Makama want me to give proof to that statement too,  that kaduna is more populated than kano state,  OR Ondo state is more populated than kastina state, 

Ondo state has over 1800 villages and town , while kastina has 899 villages and town,  from satellite picture ondo state is far far more populated than Kastina,  Mr Makama gave Ondo state 3.4millon, and kastina 5.7 million,

all 899 villages and towns in Kastina state
http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,386.0.html

all over 1800 villages and towns in Ondo state
http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,566.0.html
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by Afam(m): 3:30pm On Feb 09, 2007
My friend, someone asked you to use your almighty satellite picture to show him his house in Festac, Lagos State and you could not, citing that you do not know Festac well and instead proceeded to show him Onitsha.

In terms of credibility, you are found wanting. Show us the Festac house or hold your peace.

You are eager to show NPC proof that the census was wrong yet a simple task of pointing out a house using satellite images even with the exact address is too difficult for you to accomplish.

Make we hear word abeg, na people like you go do gra gra for Aso rock come win contract to work only to disappear after collecting mobilization.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2007
afam"""Make we hear word abeg, na people like you go do gra gra for Aso rock come win contract to work only to disappear after collecting mobilization.""'

Watch what you say,  I do not get involve in fraud that is Mr Makama prof area ,  I do not know anybody in fectac,  so I have never had any business with that part of lagos,  so I do not know,  where number  7th is, lagos is too big for one person to know every street, I was never a bus conductor,   I do not have to decieve anyone like mr makama.

Ordinary census figure, Nigeria decide to lie , how can the rest of the world truth you and bring investment to Nigeria. Cant you for the first time be a upright nation,  nigerian are 419 , so govt NPC is also 419,

National Aeronautics and Space Agency  NASA do not lie,   And you people in Nigeria are so much use to fraud that you think the rest of the world is Nigeria,  where they call black white,  I am sorry to inform you,  NASA do not do that,  when they do that person end up in Jail,  So NASA is a better source that Mr Makama who may have collecting mobilization fee. The satellite picture are from National Aeronautics and Space Agency NASA. Tell your Mr makama to present his so call satellite picture.

It is only Mr Makama and you that believe National Aeronautics and Space Agency  lies,
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 11:13am On Feb 10, 2007
final note, What mr makama and his friend do know is that a correct census figure would be used for a system that affect the banks, Tax, immigration, hospital, buying a house, buying a car, having a baby, voting, plate licence, etc everything you do in life is tie to this census.  And if Nigeria do not do it right,  Nigeria would never develop,  If they keep the falsified census they would remain undevelop,  Census is the secret of developed countries.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by shango(m): 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2007
Fools are still argiung Kano has more people than Lagos in this thread? ANyone arguing this should be deemed a Traitor as they obviously do not care about Nigeria as a country and are virulent Tribalists. There is no argument to be made that this Census is not ALL BULLSHIT. If we Nigerians are so foolish to believe and defend such bullshit, no wonder our politicians continue to horde billions in swiss banks while we continue to flee to the "First World" countries looking for a way to live. I swear sometimes I believe we people deserve living in our countries like dogs because we can be so fucking stupid as a people sometimes.

Instead of all this bullshit, you southerners should visit these northern cities. go to kaduna where i was born, go to zaria, kano, katsina, witness for yourself the lie that is the Northen States Census data
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by LoverBwoy(m): 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2007
Nigeria1
Accroding to your statistic and satellite pictures
What is the total population of Nigeria? sorry ive not been able to pick the figures since youve been posting here. i think it would look better on ms words or excel
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 6:48am On Feb 12, 2007
Loverboy , my point is not about fighting the north or for the south or fulani or Yoruba,  You see i am a born again christian, for me it is about making a better society. For Mr Makama and his NPC it is not,  they just want to maintain fraud,  Look Lagos figure is what Lagos govt have called it 17 millon.   NPC do not know how figure,  It look it is more than 140 million,   Nigeria have over 50,000 villages, towns and cities. 

IF you doubt the fact that I say NPC figure are wrong,  Just count how many houses in Ibadan and just multiple each house by an average of 2 family , total 10,  And you see that Oyo state figure is wrong,  After we agree. Now Why do I want the govt to cancel the census, I have said over and over , that it is because of development. 

Look less than 5 companies in the forture 500 class is in Nigeria.  Why are they not there because we do have accurate census and database,  I offer myself to Nigeria to create the code of the databased that would be all over nigeria . which would put Nigeria into the techonology age and development. The system would allow the govt to ID every Nigeria and bank, police,Tax, immigration, law, media,hospital employer etc can use , all links , 
Ford, susuki etc all run on credit to buy car. So if we do not put something in place no forture 500 company would come,  I can't discuss everything on internet. If we do,  Nigeria would make and save $15 billion each years.
This would solve 70%  of Nigeria problem.

Our real population is more than 140 million,   You can buy a car or house on credit and borrow money, but this white investor need accurate figure,  example Look If the minister of Information write to a company in the USA and ask them to invest in kano city  that Kano state have 9 million and kano is 5 million ,  This white man would first go to google earth to check before he invest, but what he would see in kano is just 111,000 , and from that he would not invest because he would believe that the minister just lied to him about the population,  For white people to bring their money, they want us to be honest,  census figure is one of the way we can speak the truth,  just like Mr Makama lied,  It is easy to vary any town or city in Nigeria figure,  by counting the number of houses,  and finding the average person by house,  if it too high you know it is a lie, 

I would help and come to Nigeria and help write the computer code for the database.

Like I said Kaduna state is more populated than Kano state,  from satellite picture,  Kaduna state have about 2000 villages, towns but kano have just 1000.

all over 2000 Kaduna villages and town

http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,385.0.html

all 1000 Kano villages and town

http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,4124.0.html

all over 1800 Benue state villages and town
http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,398.0.html

all over  3000 Kwara villages and town

http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,568.0.html

all over 1900  Kogi villages and town

http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,567.0.html
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by Afam(m): 11:48am On Feb 12, 2007
@Nigeria1,

You have not answered my question, do you need to know a place well before you can have accurate information about that place while using your satellite images?

Do you know Kano well?

If you are a born again christian it will radiate in you and reflect in what you do or say, announcing that you are a born a gain christain is one reason for people to be careful when dealing with you because those who are more interested in making such announcements are usually the people that have things to hide.

Until you are able to present any facts to back up your claims as regards our population the NPC results will be taken seriously in the absence of reasonable alternatives.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by LePhilippe(m): 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2007
Lagos -----15 million and above

Kano ------4 million and below

Case solved, you dont have to be a genius to know that fact!!!
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by Mariory(m): 10:48am On Feb 13, 2007
Lagos may have petitioned the National Assembly so it can present how it came about the 17m+ figure in it's parallel census. It also asked the National Assembly to summon the NPC commissioner for Lagos to explain how they came about the 9.03m figure for Lagos.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article29
The commissioner said the state was waiting for the National Assembly to invite it, so that it would "prove with facts and data" how the figure of 17.5 million was arrived at.

"We will fight this injustice: How would you say eight million people do not exist, where are the graves, where they are buried?" the commissioner asked.

He said the government would adopt the 17.5 million figure as the official figure for planning until the National Assembly hears the case and comes out with an appropriate and amicable solution to the figure.

The commissioner said the National Assembly should invite the NPC commissioner in Lagos State to furnish it with all the data as to how it got to the controversial figure.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2007
Afam you are an ignorant person, I do not want to share thing with yo again, It is difficult to deal with an ignorant. Even the bible warn us not to, Because they believe they know why really they do not, I am only doing this to get a better society for Nigerian.
Please check the word ignorant in the dictionary before you start written nonsens on the internet, You are like a fool that jump from a mountain believing that God would send his angel to catch him,
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by Afam(m): 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2007
nigeria1:

Afam you are an ignorant person, I do not want to share thing with yo again, It is difficult to deal with an ignorant. Even the bible warn us not to, Because they believe they know why really they do not, I am only doing this to get a better society for Nigerian.
Please check the word ignorant in the dictionary before you start written nonsens on the internet, You are like a fool that jump from a mountain believing that God would send his angel to catch him,

By their fruits you shall know them.

Sebi na you say you be born again come dey hala abuse like this?

Don't worry, we know how to separate the wheat from the chaff and from your own posts here on this forum chaff better pass you sef.

Keep dreaming about satellite pictures until you run mental finish.

Meanwhile, point out the house at Festac, very simple task, na hin dey bring all this wahala. If you no sabi, talk say you no sabi or say NASA never cover Festac area for you to copy.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2007
Afam calling you an  ignorant  is a good thing,  I am also an  ignorant on some issue,  calling  ignorant is not an insult,  but showing you that you do not understand some issue,     

You see Mr Makama and others in mostly leadership in Nigeria are just their to make money,  so they do not care on how to make our society better,  I am not. I have live for a long time and see how white people make there society better,   using data and science applications,  We can not continue on try and error  any more, there is a solution out of our problem, if one women Mrs Iwela pay all the Nigeria debt. I have the solution to make Nigeria society better. I am willing to share it with the next govt or this one in power.

Let me give you an example President Obasanjo cry he want external investment,  But how can ford come to using,  Ford or any car maker in the world do not sell cars for cash,  they sell only on credit,   Nobody in any develop country  buyer new car on cash,   

When we put this data in place,  ford and many company , including world know estate company would come to nigeria ,  They need this data, 

I would assume by now the president should know my name,  But if he does not,  It is duty to know every citizen of his country,  America president have access to every america and can find out any information about you,  The police should know every Nigerian and they may have access to information,  The nigeria court most know every nigeria so that they would know who have criminal record. The banks should know who you are ,  so on and so on,  That is what I want to help Nigeria build ,  IT would be through what we call INTRANET , please not it is not Internet,  and only certain govt officer and department would  have access to it, even in every local govt.  All ministry would use the databased,  with restrition.   
So when a police stop you on the road in Nigeria,  he should be able to sit in his car and determine what your name is without asking you a question,  because the police would know,

If you go to any bank for the first time,  they should not ask you your name. They would know if you are credit worth it.

The fulani man would stop moving his cattle from kano to lagos,  by foot,  because he would just sit in kano and collect his money,   Igbo man would stop crying biafra, Ijaw man would stop crying MEND because govt do not develop society,  This thing are done by private developer, they need this data,   By the time I finish,  Develop can build a house anywhere and sell his house to you on credit and and they also develop road into their estate,  and you would pay later,    You would all buy car without money and also buy houses without having money. You can start a business without money too.

But With data that mr Makama falsified we can not do that as a nation,
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by Afam(m): 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2007
@Nigeria1,

We have been through this before, I believe every well meaning Nigeria wants a better Nigeria.

For anyone to buy into what you are saying you must demonstrate an acceptable level of professionalism and correctness in your analysis.

Why should I take you serious when you claim that satellite pictures can prove that the NPC results are wrong (which presupposes that those images can pin point houses) and yet you are unable to point out the house of someone that asked you to do so even after being provided with the complete address?

It is like telling me that you are a mathematician and someone wants to know what 2 x 2 is and you tell the person it is 5 or that you do not have enough information to answer the question correctly.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2007
I have reply your question on topic http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,4023.0.html
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2007
howing you one man house is not a justification if satellite picture is correct,  I can point to any house and claim it is my house,  The only using you can do is show land mark which I have done with Ibadan, kano, owerri and many more,  I am done with that , from now if you want to ask me a question please do it here ,  I do not want to rewrite the same thing twice ,   

I have reply your question on topic http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,4023.0.html
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by DRANOEL(m): 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2007
after all said and done the result still stands!
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by xopher: 1:03am On Feb 15, 2007
http://www.dailytrust.com/weekly/octarchive2006/sat14_20_2006/interview.htm

INTERVIEW
Census result can’t be manipulated –Shehu Musa
Zainab O. Suleiman & Habeeb I. Pindiga

Alhaji Shehu Musa (Makaman Nupe) conducted one of the less controversial censuses in the country—the 1991 census—which provided the demographic data still in use for elections and other planning purposes. But even that headcount was not without controversies, just like the previous ones. Many southern leaders rejected the figures as being shot up in favour of the North. The exercise held during the military regime of General Ibrahim Babangida, a northerner. There were also litigations in the census tribunals leading to adjustments in some of the figures for certain areas. The Makaman Nupe defended the result nonetheless—and he still believes that the results are authentic. Fifteen years after, another census was held. The same old outcries of suspected manipulation are, perhaps expectedly, rife—this time largely from the North. There is suspicion that the figures would be doctored to favour the South, because the president is a southerner. But the present National Population Commission appears ready to defend to death the figures being processed. What does Musa think of the latest headcount? Can he say that this one too cannot be manipulated just like the one he conducted? Weekly Trust spoke to the former census boss in his Kaduna residence. Excerpts:

The NPC cannot release results without government permission. The constitutional due process has to be followed. The NPC will submit the census result to the government and the government will then submit it to the National Assembly. The National Assembly will then agree if the results should be released. In the process of all these, I believe the temperature or the barometer of the country will be properly looked at by the authorities before they release the results to the populace.

Weekly Trust: How would you assess the conduct of the 2006 census?

Shehu Musa: Well, I think from my own point of view, the enumerators did their job fairly well. But looking at the pages of the newspapers I saw that some people complained about the census. So, I was happy when the government extended the enumeration period and more people were able to get counted. I think like the census chairman said, up to 98% of the people got counted. If that was the case, I think the census was successful.

WT: As someone who held a similar position as census chairman, do you think the present chairman has done well?

Musa: Well, that is a very difficult question for me— to judge my successor in office. As a retired civil servant like me I know him to be quite hardworking. In addition he has a team of trustworthy commissioners who I must say have confided in me on different occasions. I have attended their meetings and gave them advice from my wealth of experience.
All in all, it would not be fair to judge my successor based on census. He has done well and there is reduced complaint about the census. I am satisfied with his role concerning the release of census result. This has to do with an international standard of data collection that must go through the due process depending on the information you want to extract. In 1999 for instance, we had up to 49 tables which had to do with population, employment, education etc which had to be put into a format before it can be termed a census result. I have been monitoring the activities of the present census commission, in terms of their efforts at processing results. My information is that they are doing their best, especially in view of the problem of computer performance. The delay in the release of results may not be unconnected with computer personnel who feed information to the machine. Now that they have said the results will come out in November, it is not too late by international standard, considering the vast amount of data that has been collected. I must say right away that whatever result they bring out now, it is going to be provisional because some fine tuning will be required especially to relate what was collected during the census itself—what they call post-enumeration exercise. There must be some form of correlation in terms of the principal areas of interest. For example if the post-enumeration was targeted to deal with data collected in a given area about education and health facility, this has to be put together before the final figure is released.

WT: Do you think it would be wise for NPC to release the census results before the elections considering that census results usually precipitate crisis?

Musa: The NPC cannot release results without government permission. The constitutional due process has to be followed. The NPC will submit the census result to the government and the government will then submit it to the National Assembly. The National Assembly will then agree if the results should be released. In the process of all these, I believe the temperature or the barometer of the country will be properly looked at by the authorities before they release the results to the populace.
You talked about election. Now, election timetable has been announced and we all know that everybody is working towards meeting that timetable. The purpose of releasing census figures, as far as elections are concerned, is probably to redefine constituency boundary and so on. If you release the results now, it won’t serve that purpose because the timetable for the election is based on existing boundaries. There will be controversy alright, but it will not affect the election. But I believe that the NPC and the government will monitor the views of Nigerians on this issue. Personally as I said the release should not necessarily affect the constituency boundaries. Nigerian constituency is not changed by the population figures.

WT: Some people think the release of result may generate crisis that would make it difficult for the elections to hold. What do you think?

Musa: I think they have a point and that is why I said the government should monitor the feelings of the people is measured on this issue.

WT: There is this fear that the government is determined to make sure the results favour the South. Do you think this is possible?

Musa: Well, I have heard it said but considering the laws of census taking and the fact that those who are involved in the processing of census results are from all parts of the nation. Just like in the 1991 census when people complain that the figures of the North were overstated, the best brains on my census team were all from the South. Nobody will force anybody to arrive at that figure. People who were claming that things were done to manipulate the figure were in fact underrating the intelligence of those eminent members of the commission who are from the South. Even in America where they have been taking census for the past 200 years or more, census has controversy. They have minority groups— African-Americans, Spaniards, Indians—they all claim that they are undercounted.
For the past 200 years this has been happening in America. But in 1991 we tried to have something different from what has been happening. So we introduced census tribunals. The tribunals listened to so many cases and awarded to some communities where there were problems with the counting. The tribunal also dismissed some other cases. The members of the tribunal were all eminent people, mostly from the South. One will think that after all this Nigerians will be more professional with their criticisms. Allegations like the North is sparsely populated because it is in the Sahara—this is laughable because we have a demographic system of census taking where you take census of people on sight. You don’t take census by proxy. Take Lagos for instance, during the day, the population of the city is twice the population of the residential areas, because people are coming and going. So if you take census of Lagos during the day it will be different from the figure you will arrive at during the night. That is why we advised that there should no be movement of people during the census. It should be restricted to make the census as accurate as possible. This was done in 1991. People say there are more people in Lagos than in Kano. But the issue is we are not dealing with the density of the population but absolute population figure. The population density of Kano may be half that of Lagos, but when you consider the land area and you multiply the density by the land area, you have more people in Kano. But as you say, politicisation of census figures is the order of the day in Nigeria and that is not going to help us.
It sounds laughable to me when I hear people say that the 1991 census figures was not accurate because it is these same figures that have been used for planning and what have you. The census was conducted and monitored by the United Nations Agency for Population and at any time their assessment did not fault any step we have taken to arrive at our results. So also the European Union (EU). These people are still around up till now.

WT: But why can’t Nigeria be independent in knowing how many people inhabit the country without necessarily bringing international organisations?

Musa: I think the United Nations agency is set up for that purpose. Nigeria being a member of the UN must derive the benefit of that membership. Besides the census is an international thing. Some of the information you extract from the census include emigration and migration, health facilities and so on. These issues do not respect international boundaries.

WT: What about the role of the EU?

Musa: The role of the EU is incidental. There are cooperation agreements between Nigeria and EU. There are memoranda of understanding that they signed with Nigeria, which include emigration control and so on. Whatever happens in Africa has the potential results abroad.

WT: To what extent will you link census taking to elections?

Musa: I will say to a certain extent. In census taking, you take everybody from the youngest to the oldest person. But in election they have a cut-off age from 18 years above. Another linkage is that in registering voters once you do it, you will only go for review since you know the number of people who are eligible to vote. In both cases birth and death will update the table you have for those who are likely to reach the age of 18.

WT: You said because of the eminence of personalities in the commission during your time, among other reasons, that census results could not be manipulated. Do you share the same belief with the present census?

Musa: To some extent yes, as far as I know. It is pity that emphasis on politics has been so much. I believe that when the commission sits down to deal with these issues, every body will put the national interest above anything else. I will not be wrong to expect with foresight that the present commission will put national interest above anything else. I pray that they succeed.

WT: Is there any extent to which you think the figures can be manipulated?

Musa: I will not like to use the word manipulated. Computers are machines that whatever you put in is what you take out. Depending on some mistakes of software, things can go wrong. That is why you need more time to allow for proper investigation when you see something unusual.

WT: How do you assess the readiness of INEC to conduct the elections?

Musa: Mine is not an assessment but rather my view based on my interaction with some of the members and especially the recent forum which INEC organised which I attended. I think barring any change of mind or financial issues, it seems to me that INEC is ready. We should not try to fault the commission. We should try to find out how we can help the commission to be able to perform.

WT: How do you assess the use of electronic voting? Do you think people can understand the system?

Musa: I think we have to start from somewhere. During our time (in INEC) we have gone halfway to bring in technology that will ensure that you don’t use the same finger prints twice. This time around, I think we can stop multiple voting. I think this system will reduce to the barest minimum the incidence of multiple voting.

WT: They also said they will emboss photograph of candidates on ballot papers, do you think that is possible?

Musa: With the number of political parties we have, I wish it were possible. We have a lot of work to do. I am not very competent to assess the technology they will use. I think it will be a tall order. That is just my view.

WT: People are worried that the number of parties will confuse the voters.

Musa: By the nature of democracy the constitution does not empower INEC to stop registering parties. I really pity INEC that will have to go for 45 political parties. It is going to be a very important and difficult task. But I believe the commission is up to it to surmount all obstacles that come its way. I think it would help a great deal if the political parties go into alliance especially in areas where a party is weak. So the ball is not in INEC’s court but in the court of political parties

WT: How do you see the order and sequence of election?

Musa: The only area I find difficult to agree is the time for dealing with election petitions. When you hold election on April 21 and may be the results come in April 25, you have barely given time for election petition. So it is a little tight in my opinion. If they have brought the election back, a week or two it would give a little elbow for petition.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by Afam(m): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2007
Even with a president from the South and commissioners from the South I wonder why all the southerners will allow such manipulations to stand without any complaints whatsoever.

With a Northern president, one could easily assume that he insisted on doctoring the census to favour the North but why would OBJ, a Southern president allow the census to be doctored to favour the North? This defies logic.

Lagos state finally came out with a figure (almost twice the number NPC recorded for Lagos) after saying that releasing its own results would be unconstitutional, a position was shown to be totally ridiculous and crazy since it was already rejecting the results after they were announced.

While I agree that an accurate census figures will help/aid in infrastructural development and planning it is equally important that we seek to better the process involved in the counting and ask for more transparency (whatever that means).

But to dismiss the census results with statements like "Kano is a desert", "who does not know that Lagos has over 15M people" or "that NASA's satellite images are telling a different story" won't help and really, do not make sense.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2007
Afam How old is Obasanjo ? Obasanjo is 69 years,  nearly 70 years,  He is an very Old man,   Obasanjo is easy manipulated by this young  north boy he as surrounding him,  It is a well know fact they manipulated and lie to the old obasanjo everyday,  They just use Obasanjo to achieve their desire,    Obasanjo is just a tool in the hand of this young northern boys , I do not want to mention name but we all know them,  They just use Obasanjo to achieve what every their want,  their mind are set on installing northnern agenda,  they manipulate him and even data,  and you know how 419 is,  they pretend they are faithfull to obasanjo but really they are not,  they were all planted there,  by the powers that be,   This little northern boys just use him to get money and use obasanjo and install the northern agenda, they do not care for Nigerian. When Obasanjo is not aound, their cause him everyday, but when he is there they pretend they are loyal to obasanjo,  this same boys would have obasanjo arrested after he leaves office. you will all see. You see this same boys would set Obasanjo up and have him arrested immediately after he leaves office, they already have the document to implicate obasanjo in their hands, and they would have him arrest after may 2007,  you would say I said so later,  I know how this boys operate. Obasanjo would still return back to jail after may 2007. This little northern boys,   watch and see and mark down today date. If you do not believe me, I told you MEND would do later and Dokuba less than 3 days after claim he would killed the judge children, I am telling you again that Obasanjo would still return back to jail after may 2007. that this young north boys would send him to jail again, you would all see.

The only way you dismiss a figure is to show picture that says otherwise,  We all know that Shehu Musa have been a lier too,  And we know that all Mr Makama just did was take Shehu Musa data and multiple it by 1.5 for every state,  now for it not to be obvoius for everybody Mr Makama now add some less than 20,000 figures in some state and remove some in some state ,  the same thing our inside source in NPC said mr makama as told them he would do to the local govt figures,  Makama problem start when they (POWER THAT BE) told him what to do,  they claim makama is following orders , whos order.

Which shehu Musa are you talking about the same shehu Musa who claim kano city have 338 745 house, please count , there are only 111,000 houses in kano city,    see satellite picture below,  so where did shehu musa get the extra 227745 houses from his pen and pencil, ?? if shehu musa are men you believe then Nigeria is really in serious trouble

Kano satellite picture.
http://wikimapia.org/#y=12000000&x=8520000&z=13&m=s

How on earth would Jigawa state with only 825 villages and town be more populated than Ogun state where the president comes from,  Ogun state have over 3000 villages and towns,   even when satellite picture show that no single town in Jigawa state have the same population like even places like small Ilaro in ogun state,  The good thing about Jigawa state is that our satellite picture show nearly the whole of the state,  and you can hardly find any thing in Jigawa state and kastina state,  It is purely empty except malufashi, daura,kastina and fuatua,  you only find handful of huts here and their,  atotal of 899 settlement in kastina state,  so how did makama get 5.7 million people,  we want Makama to show the whole world the satellite picture he as use,  we need to see it,  that shows that kastina have up to 5.7 million.

If Mr Makama claim he did a census. I am willing to bring a expert would can ID figure print to check all there paper for Kastina state , Jigawa state, Sokoto state, kano state, 

See All over 825 Jigawa state villages and towns
http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=1f2823a986d4637c53357df642ce38c6&topic=392.0

See All over 3000 Ogun state villages and towns
http://www.nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=1f2823a986d4637c53357df642ce38c6&topic=570.0
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by xopher: 2:11am On Feb 16, 2007
New voters register puts Lagos figure = 4,204,000  , a little below the previous figure of 4,558,216

http://www.tribune.com.ng/16022007/news/news2.html
http://www.triumphnewspapers.com/62m162207.html

Latest Analysis from Lagos "Census" will now be:

Age 0 -5            = 3.19 Million
Age 6 -17          =  2.06 Million
Age 18 - above  = 4.20 million
TOTAL      =9.45 Million.

Given that some people left Lagos during the census and that only 98 % of Nigerians was claimed to be counted by N.P.C.,  It is plausible that Lagos is indeed 9.01 Million.

The figures above are the "human figures" (as opposed to Vehicles, Buildings & Satellite Pictures) being used by Lagos State to disprove The NPC results.

School age for Primary - Secondary School = 6 -18
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 4:36am On Feb 16, 2007
thanks it shows the census was fraud, how can 6 to 17 year old, be 2 million, Mr Makama dey lie.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 10:05am On Feb 17, 2007
In 1979 the south west register voter was  10,357,811  total  number 47 million,  In 2007  27 years after south west   10,889,087  total number 62 million,  My people lies too much,

I have been so worry about the census fraud we all see,  so I pray about this . I got this comfort,  God touch my heart by saying that let Mr Makama claim that there is 32 million in kano, or mr makama can claim Jigawa is 22 million,  or mr makama can claim kastina is 25 million,  that the truth can not be change from the pen of mr Makama,  which we all have seen in the  satellite picture,  that clealy state that south is more than North ,  So even after Makama have lied,  The fact still remain the same that the south have more people than the North, Makama can continue to decieve himself. Nothing can change the truth,  so even if a war break out ,  the south benue Niger would have more men to fight than the North benue Niger,  invisible men from makama pen can not fight habi,   but if it may make mr makama feel good , he can claim anything,  Thank God that the North benue Niger is land lock and if there is war all the south need to do is block access to North benue Niger and we would see who would die of starvation. Invisible  unsee men from the pen of Makama do not fight war . and even if he alter the census figure , makama can not alter the truth that south benue Niger is more populated than the North .

I hear they are now going about claiming they would make Iyabo obasanjo senate president,  that would not happen they are only trying to decieve her, the moment her father leaves, they would drop the idea,  it is just a way to get power by all means,  they would kick the obasanjo family to the curve after they get power back,  IF you call obasan jo you may end up in jail after he leaves. If obasanjo goes to abuja after may 2007 he may likely take a bus over there. Nobody remember yesterday king again. Obasanjo would be yesterday man after May 2007. All they want from obasanjo is just to get power away from him.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by Christino(m): 10:28am On Feb 17, 2007
@ Xopher,

Please be informed that many people did not register for the elections. I know quite a huge number of people who did not, myself inclusive wink, yet i was counted during the elections.

I can therefore say about 1/3 of Lagosians did not register or maybe even more than that.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 10:35am On Feb 17, 2007
In 1979 the south west register voter was 10,357,811 total number 47 million, In 2007 27 years after south west 10,889,087 total number 62 million, My people lies too much,

I have been so worry about the census fraud we all see, so I pray about this . I got this comfort, God touch my heart by saying that let Mr Makama claim that there is 32 million in kano, or mr makama can claim Jigawa is 22 million, or mr makama can claim kastina is 25 million, that the truth can not be change from the pen of mr Makama, which we all have seen in the satellite picture, that clealy state that south is more than North , So even after Makama have lied, The fact still remain the same that the south have more people than the North, Makama can continue to decieve himself. Nothing can change the truth, so even if a war break out , the south benue Niger would have more men to fight than the North benue Niger, invisible men from makama pen can not fight habi, but if it may make mr makama feel good , he can claim anything, Thank God that the North benue Niger is land lock and if there is war all the south need to do is block access to North benue Niger and we would see who would die of starvation. Invisible unsee men from the pen of Makama do not fight war . and even if he alter the census figure , makama can not alter the truth that south benue Niger is more populated than the North .

I hear they are now going about claiming they would make Iyabo obasanjo senate president, that would not happen they are only trying to decieve her, the moment her father leaves, they would drop the idea, it is just a way to get power by all means, they would kick the obasanjo family to the curve after they get power back, IF you call obasan jo you may end up in jail after he leaves. If obasanjo goes to abuja after may 2007 he may likely take a bus over there. Nobody remember yesterday king again. Obasanjo would be yesterday man after May 2007. All they want from obasanjo is just to get power away from him.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by xopher: 10:52am On Feb 17, 2007
@ Christino

If you want to claim that many people in Lagos State did not register to vote, the same can also be claimed by all the other states in the federation.

But If you want to argue on facts and not sentiments, then check out this figures below.

Lagos  State

2003 Voters List                         4,558,216

National ID Card 2003                 4,553,242

2006/2007 Voters List                 4,204,000

You will notice some consistency in those figures.
Re: Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results by nigeria1: 11:05am On Feb 17, 2007
In 1979 the south west register voter was 10,357,811 total number 47 million, In 2007 27 years after south west 10,889,087 total number 62 million, My people lies too much,

I have been so worry about the census fraud we all see, so I pray about this . I got this comfort, God touch my heart by saying that let Mr Makama claim that there is 32 million in kano, or mr makama can claim Jigawa is 22 million, or mr makama can claim kastina is 25 million, that the truth can not be change from the pen of mr Makama, which we all have seen in the satellite picture, that clealy state that south is more than North , So even after Makama have lied, The fact still remain the same that the south have more people than the North, Makama can continue to decieve himself. Nothing can change the truth, so even if a war break out , the south benue Niger would have more men to fight than the North benue Niger, invisible men from makama pen can not fight habi, but if it may make mr makama feel good , he can claim anything, Thank God that the North benue Niger is land lock and if there is war all the south need to do is block access to North benue Niger and we would see who would die of starvation. Invisible unsee men from the pen of Makama do not fight war . and even if he alter the census figure , makama can not alter the truth that south benue Niger is more populated than the North .

I hear they are now going about claiming they would make Iyabo obasanjo senate president, that would not happen they are only trying to decieve her, the moment her father leaves, they would drop the idea, it is just a way to get power by all means, they would kick the obasanjo family to the curve after they get power back, IF you call obasan jo you may end up in jail after he leaves. If obasanjo goes to abuja after may 2007 he may likely take a bus over there. Nobody remember yesterday king again. Obasanjo would be yesterday man after May 2007. All they want from obasanjo is just to get power away from him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Congratulates Peter Obi As The Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar / Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son / Dead Body Of Colonel Samaila Inusa Killed By Kidnappers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.