Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU (54238 Views)

#OAUvsUNILAG: Students Of OAU And UNILAG Drag Each Other On Twitter / Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night / Meet First Class Graduate Of OAU And 7 Times ICAN Prize Winner – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by duni04(m): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sanchez01:

Funny! Ideally, the provost owes no one. His rare character, I believe, led him to clear the air. Asking for the total number of admitted students, he mentioned in the previous thread that hundred students were admitted, meaning she's shy by four.

Again, the provost does not owe anyone any explanation as to how many students were admitted into medicine, neither does he owe anyone explanations as to why the girl didn't make it. I believe you're asking for too much, considering the fact that the institution in question is not just any institution (I'm saying this with all sense of pride). You don't need to play Truth or dare here. The air has been cleared. I'm sure the girl knows she really she erred already. Admission in itself is not a pepper-palm oil, market like scenery. Negotiations are not necessary because they won't fly. Let's applaud the provost for taking time out of his busy schedule to do this.
What rubbish is this? Are you the PA to the provost? Or is this an alternate moniker the provost has created to defend himself?

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by OBAGADAFFI: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sanchez01:

Funny! Ideally, the provost owes no one. His rare character, I believe, led him to clear the air. Asking for the total number of admitted students, he mentioned in the previous thread that hundred students were admitted, meaning she's shy by four.

Again, the provost does not owe anyone any explanation as to how many students were admitted into medicine, neither does he owe anyone explanations as to why the girl didn't make it. I believe you're asking for too much, considering the fact that the institution in question is not just any institution (I'm saying this with all sense of pride). You don't need to play Truth or dare here. The air has been cleared. I'm sure the girl knows she really she erred already. Admission in itself is not a pepper-palm oil, market like scenery. Negotiations are not necessary because they won't fly. Let's applaud the provost for taking time out of his busy schedule to do this.

Where did the girl erred here.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Fash20: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
Respect sir!

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Prescott001(m): 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
I am a student of oau and I respect oau for integrity. Oau is one school that a students can beg to see his script and he might be consider.i love my school

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by 0gbeni(m): 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond to this,it's an honour training under your tutelage sir

May God continue to keep and bless you for us sir
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Sanchez01: 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
I'm very disgusted seeing people celebrate the Provost and condemn that girl for "making noise" when I know, with absolute certainty, that there are people with 69% and 65% currently studying 100 level medicine in Ife, a fact which the provost is very much aware of.
A poor girl has just been robbed of admission in a very good school after scoring very high marks and people are here celebrating a man that helped smuggle names in to substitute her name.
Shameful!
You need not be disgusted. She uploaded 7 seven results as against the normal number required. That she came out is indeed impressive and I'd recommend that admission seekers adopt this means from here on out, should they feel cheated.

You need to stop painting a scenario of victimization here. We all know where the mistake came from and what impacted her. It's like going to a GCE Hall to write an exam and you fail to follow all instructions, particularly on the OMR sheet and then you say they should have assisted you because you wrote your name without writing your shading your registration number.

These mistakes are costly. So many people make them yearly and exceptions would mean that a lot of people would ask for the same in the not too distant future.

11 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Sanchez01: 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Where did the girl erred here.

She uploaded 7 subjects and ascribed it to digital error during uploading.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by sirqeeboi(m): 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
cyberguy72:
OAU does not recognise Civic Education as a subject.Probably it wasn't used in the calculations. Correct me if am wrong. Abeg check my signature,join the winning group

U are very wrong..civic education is compulsory for every student in nigeria. .2013 was the last set that did not do civic education in all lagos state public schools ,and other states have started doing it then and some private schools in lagos state. .the students in ss 2 then we're rushed with the curriculum so as to sit for it in their waec..it shows u Ave left the school system since 2012 and u don't ask ur younger siblings about their studies.

5 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Sanchez01: 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:

What rubbish is this? Are you the PA to the provost? Or is this an alternate moniker the provost has created to defend himself?
grin grin grin

It is very easy to sit behind a device to spew nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by fergieboy: 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
Why is everyone saying the provost did a good job.. Abeg they should give that poor gal admission joor.. Make the provost lie say him never collect bribe from any candidate wey no reach cut off mark ..
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by intruder15(m): 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
I'm sorry but I'm still not buying these silly excuses from the provost. The provost should come out and disclose how many students in total OAU admitted to study medicine this year.
If truly the girl was 104 on that list, what is the total number of students that were registered for 100 level Medicine and Surgery in OAU this year? How many students is OAU taking on supplementary admission?
Why wasn't her name considered for supplementary admission?
I dare the provost to publish the entire list of admitted students for medicine and surgery this year including all the supplementary lists and the "special candidates" lists. He can blurt out the names. I want to see the breakdown of the scores.

u just de rant. all this won't change anything. make she relax, purchase waec form. cuz it's obvious her waec result drew her back...

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Topiipii(m): 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:

You don't have to be offensive, the prof opened an account yesterday (https://www.nairaland.com/adesegunfat) because of this issue when he was contacted by past students who saw the lady's post. One can fairly deduce from the spreadsheet that the process was automated, so the issue occurred when the lady entered 7 subjects instead of 8 and the school won't know since they will just go with the final column; she even clarified the issue today from a screen shot I saw here on Nairaland. sanchez01 is an old member here.
OBAGADAFFI:

Where did the girl err here.

She erred when she entered 7 subjects as against the 8 demanded on the web portal.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by koolib(m): 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
I am humbled by the prof's rare gesture
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Prescott001(m): 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
Profayo:

You are very ignorant, so I will enlighten you.The quota for the number of students that can be admitted to study medicine is strictly 100.Admission is not only through jamb, some people will be admitted through predegree, so keep that in mind.Truly there will be people that scored less than her and got admission because of the right connections, but remember Obama's daughter will be going to HARVARD next year, you think it's merit?
Final blow, the girl is a part 1 student in the department of Medical rehabilitation( Physiotherapy and occupational therapy), by law she is not entitled to write JAMB.
THIS IS PERFECT. I LOVE UR LOGICALITY
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by duni04(m): 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sanchez01:

grin grin grin

It is very easy to sit behind a device to spew nonsense.
And its very easy for me to sit behind this very same device and ignore you. I asked the moniker purporting to be the provosts to publish the entire admission list. I can't remember quoting you on anything before you started with your nonsense.
Please take your nonsense elsewhere.
Thank you.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
psucc:
Only if the said VC or JAMB registrar went through such score metrics.

Education has slip past the poor and the unconnected.
these Bastaaad ppl shld just give this girl admissiom, i'm a yoruba man from ilesha in osun state, dats how yeye over sabi yoruba ppl behave, OAU wasted my jamb 5times, my last jamb and the least agregate of 208 got me elect/elect in unimaid, i went to maiduguri 1time in mylife in 2002, i met wit a kanuri man and show him my 6 jamb slip result, i explain to him i was abt to giv up life after this atempt, he helped me, and my name came out on VC list, i'm an engineer wit a good job now, since then i hate set of bastards full dat OAU, their childrens and asociate who don't merit what dis lady has wil be in dat department if u investigate. OAU is the most useless sch if they don't give dat girl admisn

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Prescott001(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
these Bastaaad ppl shld just give this girl admissiom, i'm a yoruba man from ilesha in osun state, dats how yeye over sabi yoruba ppl behave, OAU wasted my jamb 5times, my last jamb and the least agregate of 208 got me elect/elect in unimaid, i went to maiduguri 1time in mylife in 2002, i met wit a kanuri man and show him my 6 jamb slip result, i explain to him i was abt to giv up life after this atempt, he helped me, and my name came out on VC list, i'm an engineer wit a good job now, since then i hate set of bastards full dat OAU, their childrens and asociate who don't merit what dis lady has wil be in dat department if u investigate. OAU is the most useless sch if they don't give dat girl admisn
SO BECOS U WERE SO DULL TO PASS OAU POSTUME, YOU BLAME OAU? U SHOULD EVEN THANK GOD FOR THE EXISTENCE OF UNIMAID, WHY DIDN'T U TRY UNILAG OR UNILROIN AND GET DISAPPOINTED AGAIN. DULLARD

7 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by zikter(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
I'm very disgusted seeing people celebrate the Provost and condemn that girl for "making noise" when I know, with absolute certainty, that there are people with 69% and 65% currently studying 100 level medicine in Ife, a fact which the provost is very much aware of.
A poor girl has just been robbed of admission in a very good school after scoring very high marks and people are here celebrating a man that helped smuggle names in to substitute her name.
Shameful!
I read in another thread where the prof broke down admission categories such as catchment area, merit & ELDS. perhaps such people you are talking about are within other categories apart from merit. the prof clearly said her case falls under merit which means anything short of the cut off is not acceptable. just saying

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
With saga OAU management will victimize the lady if she finally gets admitted.
I will kindly suggest the young lady, ignore OAU and look for another school.

she is already a student of OAU. studying medical rehab
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by haibe(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:

u are a silly person without manners

6 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by OBAGADAFFI: 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sanchez01:

She uploaded 7 subjects and ascribed it to digital error during uploading.

Lol,@ digital error

If there are issues with the portal, it's not her fault.

I wish she should forget about OAU, because this noise will attract unnecessary victimisation to her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:

Lol. see nairaland logic

seriously, the case should be put to bed. she should go and pay the provost a visit to know if there's still a way.

Come to think of it, isnt it a crime for an undergraduate to write UTME?
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by OBAGADAFFI: 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

she is already a student of OAU. studying medical rehab

If she's my Daughter, she's leaving that school to start afresh elsewhere.

I don't want to hear some lecturers going after her, for comments made online.

I know Nigerian educators very well, they can be very arrogant and vindictive.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by supereagle(m): 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
psucc:
Only if the said VC or JAMB registrar went through such score metrics.

Education has slip past the poor and the unconnected.

If you don't have "Baba ngbe jo" i.e not well connected , no show for you in this country. Buhari has a lot to fight in his war against corruption.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:

u dey mind dat ediot? let him and provot upload their cridentials dat got them admisn during their time, u wil undstnd why they r fraustrating dat bright litle young lady, she will definitely excel in her dream by then those involve in dat her admision scandal must have die trowey, i'm just imagining how they want to tampered wit dis girl destiny, and they wil not suceed, instead they wil die n give her way to suceed, any1 who wil not against this injustice here on NL, wil have his or her life myserable 4ever, which kind nonsense is dis, wit dat result? i'm frm osun state where OAU is located, i atended university of maiduguri when i noticed OAU wanted to kil my dream, dats y i'm pained 4dis lady, if i become president of this country, i have personal issue wt the management of dat sch

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
I'm sorry but I'm still not buying these silly excuses from the provost. The provost should come out and disclose how many students in total OAU admitted to study medicine this year.
If truly the girl was 104 on that list, what is the total number of students that were registered for 100 level Medicine and Surgery in OAU this year? How many students is OAU taking on supplementary admission?
I dare the provost to publish the entire list of admitted students for medicine and surgery this year including all the supplementary lists and the "special candidates" lists. He can blurt out the names. I want to see the breakdown of the scores.

Me too. Corruption started from Education sector
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by duni04(m): 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
haibe:
u are a silly person without manners
If this is your contribution to the topic at hand or you're just another "provost praiser" angry at seeing someone question your demigod provost, please visit other threads and leave this one.
I'm very concerned and angry that a brilliant young woman has been robbed in broad day light. What is more annoying is that the robbers are here pretending to be her saviours and brandishing all kinds of twisted logic to justify their robbery.
Mr provost, please publish the entire list of 100 level Medicine and surgery students that have been registered for the new session with the breakdown of their UTME and O level grades.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by gawu1: 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
Donpre:
its clear she only uploaded 7 subjects instead of 8 and she claims it was due to a digital error on the ICT department's part, of which they refused her entering computer which was a compulsory subject in 2015's waec... I feel the adminstration should reconsider her case and see how they can help her. she really does deserve to study medicine
I bet to disagree with you that computer was a compulsory subject in 2015's Waec. The compulsory subjects were English, maths, civic education, and any one trade subject. Don't mistake Computer with a trade subject because it was not listed as trade subject in 2015. Even this year, the format still remains same. Computer is neither a trade subject nor is it listed as a compulsory subject by both Waec and NECO.
Check your fact!
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by benji93: 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
no she was 103, 104 was the row number, it's an excel file
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
Prescott001:
SO BECOS U WERE SO DULL TO PASS OAU POSTUME, YOU BLAME OAU? U SHOULD EVEN THANK GOD FOR THE EXISTENCE OF UNIMAID, WHY DIDN'T U TRY UNILAG OR UNILROIN AND GET DISAPPOINTED AGAIN. DULLARD
ur baastard father is duller than me, it doesn't matter sch i attend or how smart i'm, i got job a year after my graduation, thank God, No 1 In ur generation can attain that lady's merit, upload ur waec 4us wit prove, ediot u, dem swear for u, u dnt know, how many OAU graduates r curently ruling dis country at federal level, ode oponun, ABU ZARIA has produced 4presidents ever, u dat u r not dul r there riding okada wit ur OAU smart cert. oloriburuku oponu, wht is lai muhamed representing u doing? there, werey

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:

If this is your contribution to the topic at hand or you're just another "provost praiser" angry at seeing someone question your demigod provost, please visit other threads and leave this one.
I'm very concerned and angry that a brilliant young woman has been robbed in broad day light. What is more annoying is that the robbers are here pretending to be her saviours and brandishing all kinds of twisted logic to justify their robbery.
Mr provost, please publish the entire list of 100 level Medicine and surgery students that have been registered for the new session with the breakdown of their UTME and O level grades.

I understand the anger. her result is too good to not get her admission

however, she only uploaded 7 subjects. she claims she was unable to include the 8th subject due to an issue with the portal. I think she should have been more forceful and she should have complained. see her tweet below....

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Topiipii(m): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:

Did you go through the Nigerian educational system at all? Someone insisting as you're doing right now would have gone through the old thread and the provost's profile before embarking on such quest. 45 students were picked from that list, the others would be for pre degree, catchment area and ELDS with the odd 'man know man' which would be extremely few because it is of course Med Surg. In the USA for instance, admission is quite subjective, you can have a very high SAT score and still not get admitted while someone with a lower score will. They use race/minority status in the same way we use catchment/ELDS. Apart from that your SAT score alone no matter how high is not enough as they use other criteria as well, yet I don't see people accusing them of not being transparent instead they say they're highly selective. I'm talking about some of the best schools in the world like Harvard, Yale Stanford etc.

You might want to read this:

<span class="quora-content-embed" data-name="Does-Malia-Obama-deserve-to-go-to-Harvard/answer/Loretta-B-DeLoggio">Read <a class="quora-content-link" data-width="559" load-full-answer="False" data-key="93cb25710d1604e1d072974267a8907d" data-id="23918039" data-embed="lmxjwrc" href="https://www.quora.com/Does-Malia-Obama-deserve-to-go-to-Harvard/answer/Loretta-B-DeLoggio" data-type="answer" data-height="250"><a href="https://www.quora.com/Loretta-B-DeLoggio">Loretta B DeLoggio</a>&#039;s <a href="/Does-Malia-Obama-deserve-to-go-to-Harvard#ans23918039">answer</a> to <a href="/Does-Malia-Obama-deserve-to-go-to-Harvard" ref="canonical"><span class="rendered_qtext">Does Malia Obama deserve to go to Harvard?</span></a></a> on <a href="https://www.__nousername__.main.quora.com">Quora</a><script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.quora.com/widgets/content"></script></span>

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WAEC Timetable 2017: Comprehensive 2017/18 WAEC Timetable - May/June / How To Calculate Your GP/CGP / Monitor Lizard Killed Now In UNILAG (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.