Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU (54225 Views)

#OAUvsUNILAG: Students Of OAU And UNILAG Drag Each Other On Twitter / Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night / Meet First Class Graduate Of OAU And 7 Times ICAN Prize Winner – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Donpre(m): 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
gawu1:

I bet to disagree with you that computer was a compulsory subject in 2015's Waec. The compulsory subjects were English, maths, civic education, and any one trade subject. Don't mistake Computer with a trade subject because it was not listed as trade subject in 2015. Even this year, the format still remains same. Computer is neither a trade subject nor is it listed as a compulsory subject by both Waec and NECO.
Check your fact!
did you write 2015 Waec?.... I did. We were ask to choose one entrepreneur subject and one ICT subject. Please get your facts ryt
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by femeritus: 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
OAU is indeed a great school. No rival in Nigeria. I remember in 2000 when I wanted to know whether a credit in Mathematics was compulsory for Law. I picked up my pen, composed a letter from my base in Warri, Delta State, enveloped it and sent it through NIPOST. Lo and behold, a few weeks later, I got a letter from the Law Faculty, answering all my questions. I was humbled.

How many private universities would do that in Nigeria, let's not even talk about public universities. That was an indelible mark made on my impressionable secondary school student mind and I said my university education if done in Nigeria would be in OAU or no other school.

The second unalterable impression made on me came when I applied to the school through UME and without any assistance from any human being, I found my name on the admission list.

OAU, the nightmare of other universities, the university whose enemies can't stop admiring and talking about, I doff my cap for you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 9:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
ur baastard father is duller than me, it doesn't matter sch i attend or how smart i'm, i got job a year after my graduation, thank God, No 1 In ur generation can attain that lady's merit, upload ur waec 4us wit prove, ediot u, dem swear for u, u dnt know, how many OAU graduates r curently ruling dis country at federal level, ode oponun, ABU ZARIA has produced 4presidents ever, u dat u r not dul r there riding okada wit ur OAU smart cert. oloriburuku oponu, wht is lai muhamed representing u doing? there, werey

calm down bros. the fact that you didn't get admission into OAU does not mean the admission process was rigged against you.

stop carrying this hate around with you....

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by babyface224(f): 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
this is just too much...what rubbish? I mean she got a very good grade..Wats d ish all abt?? give her d damn admission 4christ sake. or are dey saying dat someone who has 190 is better or only average students are admitted? little wonder why most of our geniuses go out of d country to help themselves... my question is what difference will it make to add her amongst those to be admitted? then if she is not performing well according to the standard marked out for her, then dats where lots of questions are to come in..but den again is Education the true test of knowledge??
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Olakunle007(m): 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
INTERMAN:
lalasticlala and seun, I will come and use both of your heads to knock each now because I don't know when it will take you to take my Professor's topic (sounds strange on nairaland) to front page. A professor of medicine for that matter. A high ranked medical doctor's post which is rare on Nairaland.

I guess the mods were taking their time in making findings about the self-acknowledged Provost, which turned out to be true. I believe, you will agree with me, the alarming number of fake accounts of noble men on Facebook, I think that's what they were putting into check.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
babyface224:
this is just too much...what rubbish? I mean she got a very good grade..Wats d ish all abt?? give her d damn admission 4christ sake. or are dey saying dat someone who has 190 is better or only average students are admitted? little wonder why most of our geniuses go out of d country to help themselves... my question is what difference will it make to add her amongst those to be admitted? then if she is not performing well according to the standard marked out for her, then dats where lots of questions are to come in..but den again is Education the true test of knowledge??

she has very good grades. correct

but she made an error that set her back in a competitive admission process.

exceptions can't be made for that
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by baum1: 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
INTERMAN:
The provost is a very good man. I mean an extremely great and good father in this generation that has influenced many. Words only cannot express how good Prof Adesegun Fatusi is unless you get to know him. Such a humble meek Professor, Medical Doctor and pastor

No wonder, the man is a pastor. I suspected..Seeing his picture, I knew he was approachable. I liked the way he provided a great insight into the matter. Unfortunately, their assumptions on the student's 8th subject and the lack of submission of the 8th subject by the student have cost the student a place on a programme that she is well qualified for.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Olakunle007(m): 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
babyface224:

With your post, I can't, but come to a conclusion that you couldn't fathom the Provost's post.

Well, let me help you out.

According to the provost, the woman is no 103 on the college data base, and the school is not permitted to admit more than 100 students into Medicine. And to worsen the matter, she still has 2 students ahead of her. Do you mean the other two students are not worth considering? And perhaps, if you think she should be offered another course. Well, someone said the lady is already a student in department of Medical Rrehabilitation, OAU.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by baum1: 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
INTERMAN:
The affected student AROR
OGHENERUKEVWE is a current Medical Rehabilitation part one student. I have adviced her to go and see the provost. But I wonder what she has been doing all these while since she is already a student and should know how admission request for supplementary list is been done at OAU instead of waiting all these while. She should have just taken some few steps into the office of the provost or other Prof and request for admission assistance right from the beggining of the admission processing.

That's the issue. Many young, brilliant youngsters don't have people to guide them..

We should endeavour to provide oversight to any young person around us. I remember one bros like that, may his soul rest in peace, he directed me during my university application years ago. Other people also helped. Young people still need our experience.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
INTERMAN:
The affected student AROR
OGHENERUKEVWE is a current Medical Rehabilitation part one student. I have adviced her to go and see the provost. But I wonder what she has been doing all these while since she is already a student and should know how admission request for supplementary list is been done at OAU instead of waiting all these while. She should have just taken some few steps into the office of the provost or other Prof and request for admission assistance right from the beggining of the admission processing.

You mean she's presently studying in that faculty?

Chai... I pity her ...
The thing wey lecturers for the faculty go do her ehn , she go regret ever taking this matter public ...
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by easiest(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
See poor waec result, how come she scored 320 in jamb, it worth to be questioned
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by butanep(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
I'm sorry but I'm still not buying these silly excuses from the provost. The provost should come out and disclose how many students in total OAU admitted to study medicine this year.
If truly the girl was 104 on that list, what is the total number of students that were registered for 100 level Medicine and Surgery in OAU this year? How many students is OAU taking on supplementary admission?
Why wasn't her name considered for supplementary admission?
I dare the provost to publish the entire list of admitted students for medicine and surgery this year including all the supplementary lists and the "special candidates" lists. He can blurt out the names. I want to see the breakdown of the scores.

You are one person that have spoken sense in this topic. I really didn't see the transparency people are commending the school and provots about. The names and break down of all students admitted into the school of medicine should be published as well if the school want to be fully transparent.

That girl deserve admission in the school of medicine. They are people that scored below her points still admitted into same college of medicine.

I really don't blame the school anyway. It's the illiterate minister of education and non- directional education policy we have in Nigeria in blame.

That girl start isn't in Nigeria. She need to go school abroad then come back to show how backward the country is in terms of education.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Donpre(m): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

she has very good grades. correct

but she made an error that set her back in a competitive admission process.

exceptions can't be made for that
the portal refused to accept computer, which is a subject introduced sometime around 2006... How is that her fault?.... they should give her admission jor, she clearly merited it
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by PrinceMario(m): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
I'm sorry but I'm still not buying these silly excuses from the provost. The provost should come out and disclose how many students in total OAU admitted to study medicine this year.
If truly the girl was 104 on that list, what is the total number of students that were registered for 100 level Medicine and Surgery in OAU this year? How many students is OAU taking on supplementary admission?
Why wasn't her name considered for supplementary admission?
I dare the provost to publish the entire list of admitted students for medicine and surgery this year including all the supplementary lists and the "special candidates" lists. He can blurt out the names. I want to see the breakdown of the scores.
Who the hell are you? Why should you be taken seriously.
You're not satisfied, and so what? Go and eat dung, idoit. They gave you chance you're opting for chances, a professor of medicine, the provost of the most prestigious college of health sciences in west African took the rigour of giving a detailed explanation with pictorial back up and you're here ranting. Go hug transformer.

6 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by SIRTee15: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:

If this is your contribution to the topic at hand or you're just another "provost praiser" angry at seeing someone question your demigod provost, please visit other threads and leave this one.
I'm very concerned and angry that a brilliant young woman has been robbed in broad day light. What is more annoying is that the robbers are here pretending to be her saviours and brandishing all kinds of twisted logic to justify their robbery.
Mr provost, please publish the entire list of 100 level Medicine and surgery students that have been registered for the new session with the breakdown of their UTME and O level grades.

Calm down......
The provost explained the NUC admission policy on the previous thread....
Please go thru it...........
I think only 45% of candidates are admitted on merit, 35% is via catchment area and 20% via disadvantaged states......
U may want to question this criteria but open another thread for that, since it's beyond the scope of the discussion here.....
According to the prof, OAU admits roughly 100 students into medicine and only 45 will enter thru merit......
She wasn't among the top 45 according to the score sheet the provost provided.......
Unfortunately, she didn't qualify for the other 2 admission criteria.......
Her case was as objective as it can be, no need becoming unnecessary irrational......

The provost explained the lady uploaded only 7 rather than 8 waec subjects.....
The girl explained on Twitter that she couldn't upload her computer science result because the option wasn't available on the university portal.......
Well someone else replied her that she should have checked back again because he experienced such when he as uploading his own result........
we all know how backward our IT department in most public institutions could be.........
Of course, OAU IT department will claim the option was there and that's it's her fault she didn't upload her 8th result.....

I understand the lady is a student in the school already......
Let her approach the provost and see the best way the college can help her...
She should strive to do well in her 100 level, then she can cross over in 200L to her dream course.....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Ebullient07: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
u can imagine how stupid ur father was when he refused to use condom, was there POSTUME 2002/2003, dat shows u r dolapo ursef, u kids flooring NL were concieved at inside molue, wen ur agbero fada fuuk ur alagbo mothe at ojuelegba park, i dnt blame u, nobody sucesful in ur family dats y u dnt hav feelings for dat girl, dunkjukbastad pig

Oga take it easy nah. D insults are unnecessary. Fine, he called u a dullard which is bad but u cud av directed whatever insult u wish to hurl to him not his parents. You even went as far as sayin tins abt his conceptn... OAU did u bad but year 2000 is such a long time, you should try to get over it, d deep-seated hatred wil do u no gud. I know u're concerned abt d young lady( almost everyone on this thread is).

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

calm down bros. the fact that you didn't get admission into OAU does not mean the admission process was rigged against you.

stop carrying this hate around with you....
the Way God Works Is diferent, i thank God OAU Fraustrated me to go to unimaid, i got job a year after i graduated because of conectn i got wit a kanuri man i met during my admisn, judgin frm dis girl case, its not good deny her admitn for these flimsy excuses, i knw many ppl oau had contributed to dia destiny failure due to wrong choice, noting is special abt OAU as some ppl speculated, afterall buhari has no Bsc, I have more than 5 oau Cv wit me begging for jobs, wit their 2:1, when u r busy shouting gr8 ife, those graduated frm UDU,KANO,UNIMAID,PH,UNCAL, etc ful NNPC, wt nNa yeye OAU, who oau epp sef! the girl shld just change her institutn to UNIMAID sef, UNIVESITY OF MAIDUGURI TEACHING HOSPITAL is stil the best in heart sugery, go and findout or google it,
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Donpre(m): 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
easiest:
See poor waec result, how come she scored 320 in jamb, it worth to be questioned
I'm forced to believe yours was better... could you please set an example of what an excellent result is by posting yours

thank you sir!
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
Donpre:

the portal refused to accept computer, which is a subject introduced sometime around 2006... How is that her fault?.... they should give her admission jor, she clearly merited it

she 'claimed' the portal refused to accept computer. you and I were not there so we can't say if that's true or not

She is already a student and is used to the system. I believe she should have gone to computer centre to complain.

While it is clear that she has a fantastic result, I believe she has handled this her admission with levity. such a pity
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by texazzpete(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
butanep:

You are one person that have spoken sense in this topic. I really didn't see the transparency people are commending the school and provots about. The names and break down of all students admitted into the school of medicine should be published as well if the school want to be fully transparent.

That girl deserve admission in the school of medicine. They are people that scored below her points still admitted into same college of medicine.

I really don't blame the school anyway. It's the illiterate minister of education and non- directional education policy we have in Nigeria in blame.

That girl start isn't in Nigeria. She need to go school abroad then come back to show how backward the country is in terms of education.

To be honest, you're every bit as bad as the education minister you deride. You want the Provost to publish the names of every student given admission in that department. Are you for real?

The real reason why she was not admitted has been PLAINLY and CLEARLY spelt out here. She failed to follow instructions properly to upload the result from 8 WAEC exams. She claims one failed to upload...why would she sit idly by and do nothing to follow up? Would it have cost her anything to retry later, or contact the school?

Had she done the right thing, she would have scored much higher than 80% and would today be celebrating her admission. But it seems it's much easier for you and your ally here to blame the school.

Smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
the Way God Works Is diferent, i thank God OAU Fraustrated me to go to unimaid, i got job a year after i graduated because of conectn i got wit a kanuri man i met during my admisn, judgin frm dis girl case, its not good deny her admitn for these flimsy excuses, i knw many ppl oau had contributed to dia destiny failure due to wrong choice, noting is special abt OAU as some ppl speculated, afterall buhari has no Bsc, I have more than 5 oau Cv wit me begging for jobs, wit their 2:1, when u r busy shouting gr8 ife, those graduated frm UDU,KANO,UNIMAID,PH,UNCAL, etc ful NNPC, wt nNa yeye OAU, who oau epp sef! the girl shld just change her institutn to UNIMAID sef, UNIVESITY OF MAIDUGURI TEACHING HOSPITAL is stil the best in heart sugery, go and findout or google it,

dunno whether to laugh or cry.....

I can choose to reason like you and say that UNIMAID gave us boko haram. but I won't.

on behalf of OAU alumnus worldwide, I apologize for whatever wrong OAU has done to you in the past.

6 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
baum1:

No wonder, the man is a pastor. I suspected..Seeing his picture, I knew he was approachable. I liked the way he provided a great insight into the matter. Unfortunately, their assumptions on the student's 8th subject and the lack of submission of the 8th subject by the student have cost the student a place on a programme that she is well qualified for.

Yes. coupled with her own levity. admission into medicine shouldn't be treated with levity.

medical rehab to computer centre is barely five mins walk. she should have gone their to complain about the failed upload of the 8th subject

lessons abound to be learnt in this case
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Donpre(m): 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

she 'claimed' the portal refused to accept computer. you and I were not there so we can't say if that's true or not

She is already a student and is used to the system. I believe she should have gone to computer centre to complain.

While it is clear that she has a fantastic result, I believe she has handled this her admission with levity. such a pity
I believe other oau aspirants should be able to confirm her 'claim'.

Also, you seem to blame her for not following up with the portal's error, and saying she handled her admission loosely, which is quite wrong. Though, she should have but then its the school's fault the portal had an error, and other errors after that is no one's fault but the school's

Simply put, if they had build a good portal, the girl'd have been an excellent doc 8 years from now

3 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by OniKingWealth(m): 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
But What's All The Trash They're Talking And Proving... She's Supposed To Be Admitted Period! What Our Country Had Become
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by nengiscrib: 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
For the respected sir to clarify everyone on dis issue is indeed commendable, but come to think of it, that's exactly what ought to be Done in a situation such as this.

When I wrote Jame some 10years ago I didn't c anyone getting past 300. dunno just saying, but today a lot of students are scoring high, also with the help of virtual learning, people are becoming smarter.

I left Nigeria and started. My degree in India, that's when I knew how someone can score 92/100 and still not be admitted.

This is due to the number of available seats as dey Say. Regardless of ur score if the number of seats available for a particular department (say medicine with 80 seats) if u like score 98, and 80 people scored 98.1 and above, uve ultimately missed the opportunity to be enrolled in that university.

OAU is a top tier university in Nigeria, and I reckon getting into the department of Medical science; Medicine and Surgery will definitely be a mountain to climb.

Hmmmm she is a student with good grades, I hope other schools or even private school will offer her the opportunity to begin her course plus scholarship to ease d financial burden of tuition. It's funny coz this is exactly how it's done outside Nigeria.

Schools lure talented and intelligent students with scholarships.

I hope things work out for her regardless. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
Donpre:

Also, you seem to blame her for not following up with the portal's error, and saying she handled her admission loosely, which is quite wrong. Though, she should have but then its the school's fault the portal had an error, and other errors after that is no one's fault but the school's

Simply put, if they had build a good portal, the girl'd have been an excellent doc 8 years from now

you are taking her word for gospel.

how come others were able to upload the 8 subjects? the guy who quoted her tweet said he tried again the next day and was able to upload.

to make matters worse, it appears she didn't realize that uploading only 7 subjects would set her back in the competition!

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Dayoade92(m): 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
Prof. Adesegun Fatusi for president 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by GlorifiedSon: 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
Merry Christmas Nairalanders..just in case you haven't got your meat contact me for live goat.
Check my profile for more details.
Thanks for the patronage so far.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Donpre(m): 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

you are taking her word for gospel.

how come others were able to upload the 8 subjects? the guy who quoted her tweet said he tried again the next day and was able to upload.

to make matters worse, it appears she didn't realize that uploading only 7 subjects would set her back in the competition!
sorry sir, but I'm considering facts and the bolded just prove there was an initial error made by the school... Hence, they should review her scores again and act accordingly, its not her fault but theirs... why open a portal with glitches?

she clearly merited it and provisional admission should be given

#caseSolved

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by babyfaceafrica: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

Yes. coupled with her own levity. admission into medicine shouldn't be treated with levity.

medical rehab to computer centre is barely five mins walk. she should have gone their to complain about the failed upload of the 8th subject

lessons abound to be learnt in this case
come,is it her fault that there is a glitch in the portal?....how did she handle it with levity?..in a sane society should there be glitches that can cause this type of error in a top school like OAU.....the school messed up!!!...simple!!!!......ca dis happen in Harvard and MIT?....
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Rb53: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
Donpre:

How are we sure she is telling the truth about the uploading. Why did she hide this information from the outset?
I am having a doubt about her sincerity. She never knew the provost would come out publicly to clarify issues. I am sorry to say, this self-acclaimed victim is just all out to pick on the emotions of Nigerians like you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme / WAEC Timetable 2017: Comprehensive 2017/18 WAEC Timetable - May/June / Solve This Maths And Win #200 Any Network Of Your Choice Credit Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.