Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

"Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter (33324 Views)

Nigerian Lady With A "Unique Accent" Trends On Social Media / Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari Used In UNILORIN 100 Level Mass Comm Exam Questions / "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by yusasiv(m): 6:41am On Dec 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:

First of all, what course did they chose and what were they given?

psychology but they were admitted for Human Kinetic Education, Someone who chose English was recommended for comparative study, just see the difference...
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 24, 2016
efilefun:
Some of my mates who went back for masters regretted their action... masters students worst... they run after lecturer and lots of poo... just a year course outside naija and I felt like burning the whole unilorin... haba education sweet but no be for naija...

boss, wait make we finish before you burn am o grin
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Vicolan: 6:55am On Dec 24, 2016
Silvereze:
What a Bad educational System. This time I won't blame Buhari. I'll blame the University officials.. FG, however needs to do something about this

Ma guy I blamed d students, why can't they check the brochure or do what is called thorough research b4 applying for any course in the institution whether the course is accredited or not. So blame the negligence of the students.. My thought sha
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Rilwayne001: 6:58am On Dec 24, 2016
yusasiv:

psychology but they were admitted for Human Kinetic Education, Someone who chose English was recommended for comparative study, just see the difference...

In the first place did those people do psychology and English in their OND/NCE? If yes, then you should know that they defrauded you guys, because i see no correlation between those two. They deliberately gave you admission despite knowing that your result doesn't tally with the course(s) they were giving you so as to earn your #20k. But if no, then the fault is all yours because you cannot possibly apply for a course you didn't do in your OND or NCE.
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by lagosrd: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2016
I won't deceive you that school is nothing but a pretence and hypocrisy center. You don't allow your student a bit of freedom. You corner them into monolithic dressing, and you almost islamisize the school just because it is in Ilorin. You harass students at will, no sense of belonging what do ever. No admission and fraudulent admission strategies. Apply for a course and only to be told that a few of you guys applied and they can't continue with the programme meanwhile a whole sum of #25k was not refunded . That is the first post secondary school I have seen that will say because you just finished serving then you cannot run masters programme. I think the federal government should uproot a lot of things their including their VC

1 Like

Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Nicky058(f): 7:31am On Dec 24, 2016
Vicolan:

Ma guy I blamed d students, why can't they check the brochure or do what is called thorough research b4 applying for any course in the institution whether the course is accredited or not. So blame the negligence of the students.. My thought sha
what abt the pple dat was offered d course even wen dey didn't apply for it
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Timidek(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2016
Loll
Advance secondary school
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by TheMainMan: 8:02am On Dec 24, 2016
khassy na weyrey... see tweet grin grin grin
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by ILoveToFuCcK: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2016
falconey:
grin

does anyone notice the op's bizzare moniker?

You no dey fυck
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by ILoveToFuCcK: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2016
TheMainMan:

undecided undecided
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 24, 2016
In my very own humble opinion, I think this Twitter thingy is just a façade. Things are not half as bad as they are depicting it to be. Fine, the queues are there, we had to pay 50,000 for tabs we've not received, they had to scrap the department of criminology, but.....
Students attitudes to all these has always been overrated, making it seem like the school is hell or something close to it.

I think the school is great, and very conducive for learning; which is all that matters afterall.

1 Like

Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by abdulmalik3(m): 8:49am On Dec 24, 2016
Berbierklaus:
grin
Wait shocked
My fellow Better by stressers are posting with their real names? Students don vex,hope they won't get expelled though grin

That bus queing own is the most annoying,Jeeez.
What of classrooms,AGLT be like wedding venue,students sit on the floor for lectures.

And the Tabs, No tab they paid for since last year,no explanation, the had to extort 50k from this year fresher grin

Hope my real names no dey NL grin
Runs out of thread
you are in AGRIC?
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by lesley123: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2016
femi4:
Unilorin: Worse by Far.....
IN THE NAME OF ALMIGHTY GOD.. PLEASE THEY SHOULD FIX THEIR WEBSITE!!!!
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Jagaban111(m): 8:51am On Dec 24, 2016
Great UniKwara! Great O! Gbosa!
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by lesley123: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2016
PLEASE CAN THEY FIX THEIR WEBSITE.
why is it only theirs that gets hacked.. We have registerations to do biko
efilefun:
noticed the tweet... so you be uni"iyonu" student?
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 24, 2016
drinkgarri:
Greatest unilorite... They can never be alright,simply because, unilorin is an advanced secondary school, to be sincere their principal is so callous.
Lol...the above is quite true..You must be an OAU student as seen from your statement...Let pray our children doesn't go from sec shool to sec school. Dabbing to all Unilorite!
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by toonzay(m): 9:28am On Dec 24, 2016
Berbierklaus:
grin
Wait shocked
My fellow Better by stressers are posting with their real names? Students don vex,hope they won't get expelled though grin

That bus queing own is the most annoying,Jeeez.
What of classrooms,AGLT be like wedding venue,students sit on the floor for lectures.

And the Tabs, No tab they paid for since last year,no explanation, the had to extort 50k from this year fresher grin

Hope my real names no dey NL grin
Runs out of thread
I can smell you from SWIC .......
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by littleboysod: 9:33am On Dec 24, 2016
University of Ilorin
PRESS STATEMENT
Distribution of outstanding PC Tablets commences
after Yuletide
Arrangements have now been concluded to
commence the distribution of all outstanding PC Tablets to concerned students of the University of
Ilorin immediately after the New Year break.
The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin and
Chairman of the Association of West African
Universities (AWAU), Prof. AbdulGaniyu Ambali
(OON), who disclosed this last Friday (December 23, 2016), disclosed that a Committee set up by the
management would meet with all stakeholders on
January 10, 2017 to work out the modalities for the
distribution of the PC Tablets for both the
2015/2016 and the 2016/2017 academic
sessions’ intakes. A press statement signed by the University's Head
of Corporate Affairs,. Mr. Kunle Akogun, quite Prof.
Ambali as explaining that the delay in distributing
the PC Tablets to students admitted during the
2015/2016 academic session was due to the
inability of the contractor to supply the consignment on schedule.
Blaming the problem on the vagaries of the
economy, Prof. Ambali said that the supply contract
was issued to the vendor at a time when the
exchange rate of the naira was N162 to $1.
The Vice-Chancellor said, “But shortly after the contract was signed, the Naira exchange rate
began showing some fluctuations against the
dollar and as a result of this, the vendor/supplier
decided to hold on to see if he could get foreign
exchange at the official rate”, adding that “this
however became a problem, as he was unable to get what he was looking for, and the Naira
depreciated further.
Prof. Ambali then commended the concerned
students for their patience and understanding,
assuring them that the University management
would never toy with anything that concerns their welfare.
Signed
Kunle Akogun
Deputy Director, Corporate Affairs
for Management
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by efilefun(m): 9:37am On Dec 24, 2016
Lmao people with "Face Tanke GP" needs to boost their GP first lol
lesley123:
PLEASE CAN THEY FIX THEIR WEBSITE.
why is it only theirs that gets hacked.. We have registerations to do biko
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by khassy(m): 9:57am On Dec 24, 2016
efilefun:
noticed the tweet... so you be uni"iyonu" student?

Yes sir
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by khassy(m): 9:59am On Dec 24, 2016
TheMainMan:
When you're high on Buka 12 jellof grin grin
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by xmaticguy(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2016
ILoveToFuCcK:
In the early hours of yesterday we were greeted with the news that The department of Criminology in unilorin has been scrapped and the students of the department were left "hanging"

It is a well known fact that Unilorin is a glorified secondary school and the students can't protest otherwise.. *coughs*

Unilorin students took to twitter to complain about the series of profane events going on in the school
1)We queue in the morning for hours to get busses
..even after lectures.. The queues are always very long and we get incessant harassment from the "Power intoxicated Cadets"

2)We paid for a Tab for over 1year the tab has not been released...yet the school didn't deem it fit to release an official explanation to explain the reason behind the delay

3)Our permanent ID card is yet to be released to us as at this time yet no explanation from the school

4)A whole department was scrapped too and they were told they'll be moved to sociology or other departments

5)Students were mandated to pay a compulsory 5,000 for bandwidth even before you can pay your school fee... yet it's mid semester no bandwidth yet... the available one are as slow as anything you can think of

6)The school portal keeps getting hacked into freely and students can't even access their portal

#UnilorinEnoughIsEnough You can't keep putting fear in students mind... what kind of future leaders are we grooming undecided

all dis Una talk na washhh.big wash.before u guys got there people survived.I survived .you will also survive or face tanke.stop giving flamsy excuses.all dis twitter protest na waste of useful time
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by efilefun(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2016
Nice one we don leave that arena, to be honest i no miss anything for that school lol...
khassy:

Yes sir
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by TheMainMan: 10:33am On Dec 24, 2016
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by TheMainMan: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2016
khassy:

When you're high on Buka 12 jellof grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by yusasiv(m): 11:40am On Dec 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:

In the first place did those people do psychology and English in their OND/NCE? If yes, then you should know that they defrauded you guys, because i see no correlation between those two. They deliberately gave you admission despite knowing that your result doesn't tally with the course(s) they were giving you so as to earn your #20k. But if no, then the fault is all yours because you cannot possibly apply for a course you didn't do in your OND or NCE.

the first person had OND in pub admin, d other gal is a jambite who initially applied for English
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by khassy(m): 11:42am On Dec 24, 2016
efilefun:
Nice one we don leave that arena, to be honest i no miss anything for that school lol...

ahhhhhhh.. you no miss baba ojo too shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Rilwayne001: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2016
yusasiv:

the first person had OND in pub admin, d other gal is a jambite who initially applied for English

I thought as much. You cannot possibly apply to do psychology with Pub admin because there's no correlation between the two. And it's even unthinkable that they further moved the person to a totally different department like 'Human Kinetic dept'. Bro, they have defrauded you. Lol. Those people are thieves. But still yet, the blame is still on the person for choosing psychology in place of Pub admin, it just doesn't add up.

And about the jambite, it most have been a wrong Jamb combination which doesn't fit the 'comparative religion department. But i think it should because they are both Art course. What response did the person get from the portal?
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by FaroukM(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
Unilorin queue is nothing to my school...futminna
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Vicolan: 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nicky058:
what abt the pple dat was offered d course even wen dey didn't apply for it

Decline the offer naw. Can't such student check d brochure b4 accepting d offer. See guy institutions r there to make money from the students Its d students that won't gree for them joo
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by yusasiv(m): 5:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I thought as much. You cannot possibly apply to do psychology with Pub admin because there's no correlation between the two. And it's even unthinkable that they further moved the person to a totally different department like 'Human Kinetic dept'. Bro, they have defrauded you. Lol. Those people are thieves. But still yet, the blame is still on the person for choosing psychology in place of Pub admin, it just doesn't add up.

And about the jambite, it most have been a wrong Jamb combination which doesn't fit the 'comparative religion department. But i think it should because they are both Art course. What response did the person get from the portal?

she was offered admission into d dept directly
Re: "Unilorin Enough Is Enough" Trends On Twitter by Rilwayne001: 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
yusasiv:

she was offered admission into d dept directly

Has she been cleared?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? / The Taliban Closes Afghan Girls’ Schools Hours After Reopening (Pictures) / DELSU Cut-Off Mark For All Courses 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.