Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit (928 Views)

Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O / Why Buhari Didn’t Attend South-East Summit In Enugu - The Sun Reveals / Buhari And Ministers Shun South-East Summit After IPOB Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by akelicious(m): 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
The Presidency on Friday denied media reports that President Muhammadu Buhari snubbed the recent South-East Economic and Security Summit in Enugu,

A statement issued by the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said Buhari was presented with a request to attend the Economic and Security Summit by the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu.

After he accepted, some other stakeholders from the South East advised him not to go because of the closeness of the date to Christmas.

The statement said: “The President happily accepted. The visit to Enugu that was scheduled for Thursday, December 22 as can be found on the weekly programme. After this was done, some other stakeholders from the South East came and advised him not to go in view of the closeness of the date to Christmas; that given the sensitivity of the period to the people, a presidential visit may come with overexertion and possibly, be disruptive of Christmas.

“In view of this, President Buhari requested that the event be pushed forward to January 2017. Given his nature, he did not insist. He said if the change of date is not possible, then the event can go on without him.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/12/presidencybuhari-didnt-snub-south-east.html?m=1

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by Silvereze(m): 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
I knew he will defend himself. Didn't he consider before agreeing to come?

6 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by mazifrankmore: 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
Kikikikikikikikikik
Nna see rubbish and stale damage control.

9 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by kingsamosy(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
he didn't snub south east we know, he was rather cowed.

8 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by nzeobi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
OK thanks for saving money you would have spent on travelling

4 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by billante(m): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
grin
akelicious:
The Presidency on Friday denied media reports that President Muhammadu Buhari snubbed the recent South-East Economic and Security Summit in Enugu,

A statement issued by the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said Buhari was presented with a request to attend the Economic and Security Summit by the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu.

After he accepted, some other stakeholders from the South East advised him not to go because of the closeness of the date to Christmas.

The statement said: “The President happily accepted. The visit to Enugu that was scheduled for Thursday, December 22 as can be found on the weekly programme. After this was done, some other stakeholders from the South East came and advised him not to go in view of the closeness of the date to Christmas; that given the sensitivity of the period to the people, a presidential visit may come with overexertion and possibly, be disruptive of Christmas.

“In view of this, President Buhari requested that the event be pushed forward to January 2017. Given his nature, he did not insist. He said if the change of date is not possible, then the event can go on without him.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/12/presidencybuhari-didnt-snub-south-east.html?m=1

*falls from okro tree* this is the most silliest excuse I have ever heard....wetin concern Christmas with this matter

7 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by alexiej(m): 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
akelicious:
that given the sensitivity of the period to the people, a presidential visit may ... be disruptive of Christmas.

This is a thoroughly dumb statement. Do they ever think that they are talking to educated people before saying such silly stuff?

If u don't want to go, don't go. If u want to go, go. Don't coman tell us u don't want to disrupt christmas. What has that got to do with anything?

7 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by dachez20(m): 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
Yes,the south east economic summit snubbed him.
He can't even send a representative not even Ngige or maybe Ngige will cos traffic.

9 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by doctokwus: 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
Which kind of stupid explanation is this.
U simply didnt want to go!
The only reason i dont av much sympathy for Southeasterners is that they supported GEJ wen it was obvious the man was a scam of the worst kind.
PMB is however creating more enemies by d day.
If only a honest,untainted,intelligent candidate with strong financial backing cud come up in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by irsakant: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
doctokwus:
The only reason i dont av much sympathy for Southeasterners is that they supported GEJ wen it was obvious the man was a scam of the worst kind.
If only a honest,untainted,intelligent candidate with strong financial backing cud come up in 2019.
Aint u honest and intelligent to contest?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
doctokwus:

Ribadu and Iweala as VP.
Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by doctokwus: 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
irsakant:
Aint u honest and intelligent to contest?
It takes N2b at least to contest.
One tin i am sure of though is that i am more intelligent than either of GEJ or PMB.
I rate d presidents in order of decreasing intellect thus:
Obasanjo,YarAdua,PMB,then d fisherman.
Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by doctokwus: 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
Funnicator:

Ribadu and Iweala as VP.
Tah!Based on what now. Fashola,Obi is not a bad combination,but unrealistic. So practically,maybe a northern gov with a Fashola or Obi.
Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by Mujaheeeden: 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
doctokwus:
Which kind of st[s]upid explanation is this.
If only a honest,untainted,intelligent candidate with strong financial backing cud come up in 20[/s]19.
Always fighting with your teeth. Are you omenka

3 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by freeze001(f): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
Then u are a proponent of vindictive politics and that's really stupid. No office ought to be run on sentiments of who gave what votes during an electoral process and no one should be demonised for their choice. You that supported the winner are u not full of complaints and regrets every other day? Is it not bad enough that the supposed majority successfully foisted a failure despite their opposition of same and now they also suffer his ineptitude and rotten corrupt practices?

When he took the oath of office he swore to be president of all Nigerians and we do not quite run a parallel government so when u attempt to say a people deserve a bad rap for their voluntary political choice, u give more credence to their choice more so when the alternative whom u practically shed blood for is such a terrible disappointment.
doctokwus:

4 Likes

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 24, 2016
doctokwus:

Tah!Based on what now.
Fashola,Obi is not a bad combination,but unrealistic.
So practically,maybe a northern gov with a Fashola or Obi.

Fashola was superb as governor of Lagos. But really goofed as minister for three extremely impportant ministries. And you and I know PDP and any upcoming merger is getting a Northern candidate because power belongs to them, then a SE VP since incumbent VP is from SW and because a SE VP can garner votes from SE and SS.

Well. Anyhow. I'm just tired of Buhari. I don't think he'll finally get things right by 2019, and contrary to popular insinuations, I don't see Buhari re-contesting in 2019. He'll give up the quest on health grounds and old age which are really failing him, plus Nigerians have gone through so much suffering to willingly vote him again in 2019.

SW will still want in power anyway, he's practically more popular in SW than North, AT THE MOMENT.
Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by drss2(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2016
doctokwus:
only pipul with low iq voted d dullard because they thought he's better dan GEJ. well current status of nigeria has shown dat those who didn't vote d dullard ar d intelligence ones. they knew their history n wia intelligent enough to know a bad product wen they see one.
GEJ is 10000 times better dan buari recession dullard.
#ProudGEJVoter cool

1 Like

Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2016
Re: Presidency:buhari Didn’t Snub South East Summit by doctokwus: 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
drss2:
only pipul with low iq voted d dullard because they thought he's better dan GEJ. well current status of nigeria has shown dat those who didn't vote d dullard ar d intelligence ones. they knew their history n wia intelligent enough to know a bad product wen they see one.
GEJ is 10000 times better dan buari recession dullard.
#ProudGEJVoter cool
You count yourself as intelligent with this thing u typed above?Intelligence probably has another definition.

(1) (Reply)

Army Releases 1,250 Cleared Boko Haram Suspects / Frivolous Items In 2017 Budget / The North Cannot Be Instigated To War By Aliyu U. Tilde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.