Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. (683 Views)

Why Religion Thrives In Africa Using Nigeria As A Case Study / Why Christianity Especially Needs To Be Regulated By The Government / Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 24, 2016
I have tried to understand it, why so-called Christians find it difficult to sit down and study the Bible by themselves. Instead they prefer to listen to and do the bidding of their Papas whose motives are often suspicious and manipulative. Having studied the situation, especially amidst Nigerian Christians, for some years now, I have come to a simple conclusion that without the culture of mental laziness and ignorance in the Nigerian church there would never have been religious superstars who feed fat on the public.

Only a lazy Christian will call anyone Papa or Mama. And they disgust me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. by menxer: 11:09am On Dec 24, 2016
Wait for it.....

Is it your laziness?
Is it your Bible?

Are you not aware of the redefinition of freedom?

You are free to be lazy, as long as it doesn't affect another person.

You are free to be stupid, as long as it doesn't affect another person.

You are free to be manipulated as long as you are not complaining and it doesn't affect another person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. by Edwinmason(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2016
really! so why you never go hug transformer?
Re: Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. by ScienceWatch: 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
bizme:
I have tried to understand it, why so-called Christians find it difficult to sit down and study the Bible by themselves. Instead they prefer to listen to and do the bidding of their Papas whose motives are often suspicious and manipulative. Having studied the situation, especially amidst Nigerian Christians, for some years now, I have come to a simple conclusion that without the culture of mental laziness and ignorance in the Nigerian church there would never have been religious superstars who feed fat on the public.

It is most impressive to see millions of wise people get together to worship God and show respect for their mentors. Every wise man has a mentor. Dont be talked out of this. It is a terrible life without a mentor. Besides, we all know that groups offer much more power and support in all aspects of life.

Just to use an example, Look at the joy when the people dance and sing praises to their savior and to the most High God and the Holy Spirit in the Holy Scoan Church or on Emmanuel TV. Look at the relief on thousands of peoples faces when they are instantly healed of problems that medical science could not heal for 15 years.

These events inspire strong faith. A faith that is so strong that not even sly Richard Dawkins, the terrifying God-father of modern Atheism can tempt from them.

The best atheism can not come near to providing society with a more awe inspiring solution to global suffering.
Re: Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. by otemanuduno: 12:12am On Jan 13, 2017
bizme:

Spirituality should be practised individually. Everybody gets to his full potential by individually connecting to his own higher self, but my dear Christian brethren connects to their "Daddy GOs and Mummy" who pretends to be connecting them to their lost skydaddy." Indeed organised religion thrives through ignorance and laziness.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 13, 2017
bizme:

So unfortunate that you draw conclusion that way but you have to understand that ministers of the gospel are stewards and so they render account to their maker when they die.A pastor is a mentor, a teacher and a coach to his flocks .members are to take note of whatever information their pastors dish out especially with biblical backing. Secondly members are suppose to build themselves spiritually not to rely on their pastors all the time for spiritual help but it doesn't stop them from seeing their pastors. Thirdly members need to ask Yahweh for revelation and understanding of his word.
Coming to your question about Nigeria Christians, most them rely on their pastors for eventually everything and they believe them why because of their knowledge of God's word and the demonstration of his power through them.To bridge the gap, members shouldn't swallow all that their pastors say instead they should seek God for divine revelation. When I say revelation, I mean physical communication with God( hearing audienbly) or otherwise.If members were into this, a lot of these menace going would have being reduced but you know what ,most of us can't hear,see or feel Yahweh because we live in secret sins.Lastly what's is going presently is the fulfilment of the scriptures of fake Prophets already sent to the world. Also note that just like the way we select our beans and removes dirt from the beans so is Yahweh doing likewise to mankind. If you decide not to attend church or fellowship because of what you're seeing, you're on your own because you would give account to him. If you continue to condemn ministers of the gospel because of their attitude and behavior, you're own your own because you weren't called but they so leave Yahweh to deal with them.don't let the scenario of Moses and Aaron including Miriam occur in your life because the accuser of the brethren is always finding faults. If you're not comfortable with any minister, kindly leave that gathering and seek elsewhere since we now have many churches now.least I forget, there's nothing wrong calling your pastor papa or his wife mama .it only shows that your cherish and love them. Even. Jesu's discipline called him master not to talk of the prophets of old. If they insist you call them by that title, there's nothing wrong in showing humility as God resist the proud.Humility alone attracts many blessings. It can be used positively and negatively so the choice is yours.
Re: Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
Someone alluded to my being an atheist: that's where he got it wrong and in a very funny way.
I'm not an atheist, neither does the refusal to lick a Papa's shiny shoes qualify me as one. If anyone is an atheist, that is his/her choice. I have no need to judge such a one. That's what works for him/her. But as for me, I took my time to search for the truth whether it be contained in atheism, in pantheism, in other Eastern religions, or in faith in Supreme Creator. I came to conclude for myself that there is such a Supreme Creator, popularly called God. And that the model presented by Christianity is what best satisfies my curiosity and questions. I believe in Christ and yet I have so many questions and qualms with the way many of His followers find ignorance of the word of God so attractive.

That said: there's a huge line between respect and worship of men, and many Nigerian Christians crossed that line long ago.
We should understand that Christ created a fellowship of brethren and not a cult of super-MOGs that we have today. Go, spend some time and read the history of the development of Christianity...what you'll see there will shock to realize that what we are caught up in in Nigeria is a fate to repeat an ugly antecedent characterizing earlier centuries Europe. Europe barely managed to survive and they have their scars tattooing their conscience like a wound that just won't go away.

Now the question is: when you praise and sing and make celebrations out of Christ, is your conduct not the same as those who go to parties to dance in ectasy to the songs played? Are you really interested in worshipping God or in jumping human-naturedly to the very danceable songs being played? I will like to call your attention to the fact that the feeling of communal ecstacy or joy isn't a self-ratifying proof of the presence of God. It is basic human nature and man's vulnerability to feel raptured by the connecting emotions around him. A good example is the story of Aaron championing the commissioning of the golden calf while Moses was away on the mount. All you feel in your worships, they felt and more. Yet God punished them because their joy was idolatry. I have been to several churches and denominations both within and outside the country. I have been closely associated with the operation and administration of different churches. But my personal credential is only useful as it equips me with the experience gathered... When you switch the music from high praise to the very slow beat: what you think you feel at that moment, that absorbing tranquility, isn't the same thing as the Presence of God. In most cases it is no more than your human response to the slow beat. Unbelievers feel the same with blues. And yes, you feel the same when you listen to some Asa songs. And it doesn't mean that the Holy Spirit is at that time sitting beside you. Technically God cannot come nearer to you if the Bible already says in Him we live and move and have our being. If we live and move and exist within Him, for Him to come nearer to us during worship, He must first have moved farther away from us, and by so doing render that verse in Acts of the Apostles faulty.

What is the point of being able to read the Bible if at the end of the day what matters to a Christian is what Papa/Mama tells him?
What is the point of having the Bible tell you to help the needy but all you do is carry your limited resources to sow as prophet offering?
Why do you waste your time reading the Bible when your GO's voice is what really interprets the word in your head?

And I contend that the Papa and the Mama have absolutely no special position or mention in the Bible. What we currently have in the country and in Africa is a man-made construct. An opportunity for certain individuals to exert lordship and control over the others. Human history has shown us that man often resorts to one of military power, economic power, or religious power in his desperation to control others. The rulers of this world exercise control over their subjects, but as for you it shall not be so. That is a paraphrasing of the words of Christ in Matthew 20:26...

How long for you to all wake up and realize that a large part of your piety and sowing and tithing is a colossal waste? That you have been so superbly conned by conmen who themselves were conned by the system and by the voices in their heads. Many of them call these voices God, even though their prophesies are almost always off the mark. Some of these guys with voices in their heads should have been in medical institutions, instead we make them apostles and we worship them.

If you must be a Christian, be one according to the Bible. What profit is it for you to have missed the pleasures God created in this world in the name of following these self-styled gods, only for you to miss the true Christ?
Re: Religion Thrives Via Ignorance, Christianity Especially. by plaetton: 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
asuustrike2009:

So unfortunate that you draw conclusion that way but you have to understand that ministers of the gospel are stewards and so they render account to their maker when they die.A pastor is a mentor, a teacher and a coach to his flocks .members are to take note of whatever information their pastors dish out especially with biblical backing. Secondly members are suppose to build themselves spiritually not to rely on their pastors all the time for spiritual help but it doesn't stop them from seeing their pastors. Thirdly members need to ask Yahweh for revelation and understanding of his word.
Coming to your question about Nigeria Christians, most them rely on their pastors for eventually everything and they believe them why because of their knowledge of God's word and the demonstration of his power through them.To bridge the gap, members shouldn't swallow all that their pastors say instead they should seek God for divine revelation. When I say revelation, I mean physical communication with God( hearing audienbly) or otherwise.If members were into this, a lot of these menace going would have being reduced but you know what ,most of us can't hear,see or feel Yahweh because we live in secret sins.Lastly what's is going presently is the fulfilment of the scriptures of fake Prophets already sent to the world. Also note that just like the way we select our beans and removes dirt from the beans so is Yahweh doing likewise to mankind. If you decide not to attend church or fellowship because of what you're seeing, you're on your own because you would give account to him. If you continue to condemn ministers of the gospel because of their attitude and behavior, you're own your own because you weren't called but they so leave Yahweh to deal with them.don't let the scenario of Moses and Aaron including Miriam occur in your life because the accuser of the brethren is always finding faults. If you're not comfortable with any minister, kindly leave that gathering and seek elsewhere since we now have many churches now.least I forget, there's nothing wrong calling your pastor papa or his wife mama .it only shows that your cherish and love them. Even. Jesu's discipline called him master not to talk of the prophets of old. If they insist you call them by that title, there's nothing wrong in showing humility as God resist the proud.Humility alone attracts many blessings. It can be used positively and negatively so the choice is yours.
Correction.

A pastor is a yahoo boy with a Bible.
Everything he says or does is carefully crafted to make ignorant sheep part with their money.
Simple.

What actually qualifies a person to be pastor ?
Any lazy, greedy , avaricious bum can grab a Bible or even attend the so-called Bible school, and then declare himself pastor, bishop, prophet, etc.

With god all scams are possible, and have been possible from the beginning of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Is Scoan Now A Church Of All Foreigners??? / What Kind Of Atheist Am I? / Say No To Sex Outside Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.