Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,169 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? (23147 Views)

Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice / Rwanda Shuts Down 714 Churches Over Noise Pollution, Safety Issues / Noise Pollution By Churches And Mosques In Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by seeyouin2019: 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
Simple bro. Just get guys come to your backyard and smoke lots of weed all the time, drink burukutu and Shit and piss in every nook and cranny around there. If the smell of weed dont piss them off surely the smelly shit from pot bellied niggas will surely freak them out till they come beg you say make you take am easy. Then you guys can reach a truce.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by ibietela2(m): 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
raumdeuter:
Get some guys to come and smoke weed, drink beer and play Pasuma or Obesere lewd music on loudspeaker and point it towards their church when they are having vigil

They will report you to the police
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by jumpandpas(m): 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
Bluezy13:

Another daft being whom religion has beclouded his reasoning power

Painment.

How many times have you called for closure of Night clubs, abi they no dey make noise ni.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by bartho77(m): 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
This is a small issue, same thing happened to me in my residence at onitsha.
Use the following effective guidelines :
1. Warn them- if cautioning them yield no results then
2. Report to the street head - if this doesn't work then
3. Go to any electronic shop and get the biggest, loudest and noisiest speaker you can find.
4. Install those speakers directly at the church building
5. Anytime the church holds any program and you feel your peace is being threatened.
6. Put on your music(especially music with deep bass and lewd lyrics)
7. Increase the volume to the highest.
8. Watch that church flee from your area or control their noise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by histemple: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:

Redeem don't run services concurrently like this, I think this is an attempt to make their presence known and all.

No wahala, let Christmas pass and let's see if they would continue or stop.

Compliments of the season!

Hoping that they will stop the nuisance is like expecting to see a ship at the airport.

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by ArabMopol(m): 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:
So, our close used to be the most serene place I know, now this church just moved into a building behind mine and they have had like 3 services since yesterday. We cannot live peacefully again with all the instruments and noise and FYI, we have a church in our close and we don't even hear from them save on Sundays, they don't disturb at all.

What authorities can one report this to that would be swift to act.

This is madness!

I am a liberal and I never read anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the apostle for that matter disturb people to pass their message.

Who has had similar experience and how did you handle this?
jeshua 6 : 1 , the walls of Jericho fell after Joshua's Israelite army marched around the city blowing their trumpets singing and praising God... Don't try to be a jerico because u can't battle with the lord.. I'm just advancing

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Wadosky(m): 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
Op you are lucky I have 3 behind me ,never knew I will live with it.they conduct weekly n Sunday services. You need to see competition but I raised my concern and some one tried to twist it that am fighting the spread of the gospel.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by emadamysy: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
@Op you and your neighbours are gentle oh. I remember back then in school na so one new generation church dey disturb us everyday for night. Na so we plan them, everyone in my lodge donates their speakers in the night and connect to my theather for night. I would start streaming better blue film, highest volume for that matter. the pastor could not concentrate every night , he had to relocate within two weeks. adopt that method or report to the authorities in charge .

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by histemple: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
Akshow:
Politely talk to them about it, if they refuse report to the police. How can people be disturbing others in the name of their religion.

Churches are the most troublesome group of people when you talk about disregarding the existence of others in their religious activities.

The way they shout as if nobody else lives in the same environment or as if God won't hear them if they reduce their voice, is sickening.

If you complain, you are automatically labelled evil who their prayers are tormenting.

I advice the Op to approach the nearest court and get an injunction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by omokab: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
The only place you can visit is nesrea. National environmental standards and regulations enforcement Agency. They are in charge of noise pollution and any other environmental problem in the country. The reason is that, they have a regulation that deals with issue of noise pollution called noise pollution control. They also have a standards on the level if noise in a particular place be it residential or industrial. They have solve many issues like this which I know about it. So, contact them through their state offices or at their headquarters.

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
Honestly it's just too bad. There is one behind my house. They bought the building, unknown to us we didn't know it's for church. Mehn see how these pastors and their members disturb people's sleep. All through lastnight I couldn't sleep. I was like what kind of problem is this? angry

Is it by force to advertise church even at midnight? Is day time not enough? What kind of wickedness is this? Disturbing people's rest. angry
I virtually slept around 5am. cry honestly we all need to lay complains to. Ambode. This is becoming too much to bear. It's pure wickedness!
Any church with Loud speakers outside should be closed down! Haba
They will claim they are saving souls.. Saving souls my foot!
It's pure Evil!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Rushtec(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
ONE REDEEM CHURCH AT AWOYAYA I THINK..... I CANT REST, THEY STARTED SINCE NINE AM TO PASS FIVE PM
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by efilefun(m): 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
Could remember someone reporting a church on my street during fashola's first tenure and the church was cautioned before they later came to demolish it due to their stubbornness
slick1:
The Honest and Simple truth is that as long as u live in Nigeria, NOTHING can be done.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
ourleader:
Very Very simple, Friend RELOCATE or JOIN THEM! elements of dark Kingdom! Repent now

soro ni yen?

na talk you talk?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by emmayayodeji(m): 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
Tenkobos:
I have experienced something like that in Abuja.

I walked up the pastor and complained to him how the noise was disturbing US and they all concluded that I am possessed. They said the power in their praises was tormenting the demon that possessed me and that was why I feel uncomfortable when they sing.

I didn't say anything again.

I simply went to the market and bought a Tecno phone. I think it was a T series. the one that have big speaker at the bottom side of it.

people that have used the phone can attest to the loudness of the speaker.

I loaded a 4G memory card with all Terry G's song and waited for the next Sunday service

On that day, I charged the phone to the fullest and placed it on the window that's closes to the Pastor.

I waited for them to be silent before I played Terry G's free madness.

The pastor was on my door before I could play half of themusic that I loaded on the phone.

Guess what...... he was the one calling for peace.
if this is a true storyy guy ure crazzy grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Montaque(m): 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
Sue them, get an interim injunction to silence them while the suit lasts. Or report to NESREA. Or/and Contact me.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by awoo47: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
Simply join dem nd be filled with power wink
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by lepasharon(f): 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Tenkobos:

I walked up the pastor and complained to him how the noise was disturbing US and they all concluded that I am possessed. They said the power in their praises was tormenting the demon that possessed me and that was why I feel uncomfortable when they sing.

I simply went to the market and bought a Tecno phone. I think it was a T series. the one that have big speaker at the bottom side of it.

I loaded a 4G memory card with all Terry G's song and waited for the next Sunday service

On that day, I charged the phone to the fullest and placed it on the window that's closes to the Pastor.

The pastor was on my door before I could play half of themusic that I loaded on the phone.

grin
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by siralos135: 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
There should be consideration for other people in whatever one is doing. The greatest commandment is to love God and love your neighbour like you love yourself.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by talk2aikay(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
The issue of noise pollution especially when it concerns religious centres can be likened to a nauseating insect that is perched on the scrotum. To put it succinctly, it's a vexing conundrum, and the fact that most of this christian companies lack content and genuineness compounds the travesty. I'll suggest you approach the people responsible for the noise and explain how its disturbing you, chances are they might misunderstand you and label you an agent of the devil; or they may just realize how discomforting their noise has become and reduce it. It's a shame that our society is yet to grasp just how terrible noise pollution is and its adverse effects such as forced insomnia, hearing disorders, listlessness etc. When we eventually understand the danger that noise pollution poses to our health even your neighbour wont need you to remind him to lower his stereo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by mengho(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Amazing Grace, I was lost but now am found.

Op is a lost sheep, he needs guidance tongue tongue tongue

Use dis style, but make sure nobody see ur face woh, go buy the most expensive knockout you can find, 15 bangs a stick is good, drop it for thier window at night

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by LordOsix(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
I don't subscribe to the saying that there's nothing you can do. There are steps in which you can take to sort it out. First report to the CDA or CDC chairman verbally and in print. If the issue is not resolved write the ministry of environment in your state.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Rushtec(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
U NA BE MUMU. THIS MAN POINTED A NOTE AND U GUYS ARE CALLING MUSLIM OR MOSQUE
siralos135:
Muslims nko

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
grandstar:
File a complaint at LASEPA at Alausa.

I havr a friend there
Please inbox me. I have frustrating experience with a group.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by kokumo1949: 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
Please if in Lagos contact LASEPA is an environmental protection agency of Lagos.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by bomasek(m): 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
Op if u live in PH,u go don adjust. Here churches try to outdo as per who hold service pass.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by ogawisdom(m): 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:
So, our close used to be the most serene place I know, now this church just moved into a building behind mine and they have had like 3 services since yesterday. We cannot live peacefully again with all the instruments and noise and FYI, we have a church in our close and we don't even hear from them save on Sundays, they don't disturb at all.

This is madness!

I am a liberal and I never read anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the apostle for that matter disturb people to pass their message.

Lol dnt waste ur time BC there is nothing u can do except looking for house elsewhere. They will call u anti christ. I jst packed into a new neighborhood and there is this church dt does midnight service like 3 times a week and their instruments are soo loud, they will wake everyone up frm 1am till 4am. Nigeria shld pass law against having churches in residential areas.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by drehdinho(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
Built2last:
Same thing I face with a mosque in my neighbours house.

This guy just erected a mosque near his gate with a loud speaker. All Moses on my street go there to pray morning and evening

This one is terrible! Laugh wan tear my belle come out with your comment.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Tushborn: 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
Tenkobos:

one bottle of orijin for u

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by okowande(f): 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
From my own experience wot i did was that i warned them not to put their speakers outside to disturb d neighbourhood. Secondly, itz a matter of reporting to d police or better stil look for a lawyers to scare them by giving them a court injunction for noise pollution. we r in a civilized world now, dont be scare to express urself or get intimidated by some pple who feel u dnt know ur right. mind you i am a christian but where is it written in the bible that Jesus christ used his ministry to disturb people .

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by lilyheaven: 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
I
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Beey(f): 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:

This is madness!

The only thing you can do, is to soundproof your home if you can afford, as the soundproof recording studios to prevent any noise that may interfere with recording.It can be very expensive though but if you can afford, that would be your option.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / 'So Critics Are More Important Than Bandits?'- Apostle Suleman Asks / 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.