Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) (29544 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Hundreddegrees(m): 11:22am On Jan 22, 2017
Following
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by missyadorable(f): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Pls continue

Nice story
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by tijehi(f): 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hey Lara, we made front page. Congrats girl
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by samyfreshsmooth(m): 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
wow fp after just 0-3 pages....i think dat sets a record or something....thumbs up ma'am

oya comman update sharp sharp as celebration grin grin
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by damsel14(f): 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=raydatluvs post=53025931]weird... why do you have a wallpaper screenshot as your dp

feel like uploading it.....
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by mizzteejay(f): 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
Waw oooo,I love this story
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Davidhero(m): 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
wow, another talented writer.
Welldone Larabae13, ur way of writing is awesome. Enjoy!
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
*chapter 9*
"Merry christmas,Violet." James whispered into her ear the next morning as they woke up making her giggle like a sixteen year old. "Merry christmas James" she replied and got off the bed to take her bath. They both went down together to see the servants going busily with the preparations for the christmas gathering. Violet saw that none of the women were at the breakfat table and quickly finished her meal then she went outside to search for them. She saw them at the back of the mansion and wondered why she hadn't gotten to see this side of the land, she wasn't surpursied that there was still acres filled with trees and the place where the women were was really spacey and large which could contain many chairs and people. "Wow! This is massive!" She exclaimed as she got to where they all stood supervising the decorations and preparations. "I know right?! I sweet-talked Kelvin into chopping down some more trees and making this space larger." Mary said with smiles. "Wait, there would be many children underfoot running around, aren't they going to want to wander into the woods?" Valeria asked Mary. "Oh yikes! I didn't think of that, we'll get the men to build a sort of barricade at the entrance to the woods and since there would be adults loitering around the barricade the children would be sent back to the middle of the gathering." Mary pondered and mapped out how the barricade would hold. The men were called to construct the barricade with them grumping and complaining of being put to heavy labour but were really happy to have something to do. The women divided themselves with Natalia and Violet incharge of seeing to the preparations being done in the kitchen, Clara and Valeria going through the flower arrangements and other decorations and Mary overseeing everything being done.
"Goodness! That was hectic but we came through." Violet said as she trudge in to the house with the rest. " We should all go and rest before the guests starts trooping in." Mary suggested as she dumped herself on the nearby chair. "Come on sweetheart, let's go up." Kelvin cajoled his wife and they all went up. Violet went straight to the bed as she and James entered the room with James going to the bathroom to wash off his sweats. "Violet, aren't you going to wash off the sweats you're in?" James said as he came out of the bathroom towelling his wet hair and smiled when he saw that she had slept off. He sat next to her sleeping form and watched her as she slept touching her red hair softly. He started thinking about how she had become part of the family even though it was through pretence, he winced as he thought about the lie he had formed to his family and they wouldn't be too happy about it when they find out he was using Violet. "Maybe it's time for me to cut things off with her, this is already getting out of hand" he said to himself. He himself is already forgetting that Violet isn't his real fiancee, she is too good for him to be putting her through this farce of an engagement, running his hands through his hair nervously as he paced to and fro around the room. "Why are you wearing the carpet out?" Violet asked in a sleep induced voice. "What?" James asked in confusion. "You're making me dizzy with your pacing. What's wrong? You don't look so well" She asked with worry in her voice sitting up on the bed to look at him fully. "I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me. I'm going down, some guests should be in by now." He answered in a gruff voice and left the room in haste. Violet frowned in confusion as to what was wrong with him and shrugged it off then she got up from the bed to freshen up for the gathering.
"This is massive!" Violet exclaimed to Clara as they went in together to the celebration. "Yeah, it is. This year's turn out is astounding. I couldn't believe many people would come since it's christmas day, I'm sure Mary would be grinning ear to ear right now." Clara said as they watched people milling about with some seating in groups chatting together, some going around to know and meet other people, and some standing beside the buffet table shoving down many foods they could get into their mouth. Violet caught sight of James in the midst of three beautiful women charming them with his smile and making them laugh, she raised her eyebrow and took her eyes off them. She saw that Clara had left her to talk to a friend and walked over to where Giovani and Alan stood grilling the hot dogs and other mouth-watering things "Hello handsomes, mind if I join you?" Violet chattered excitedly, she had alway wanted to learn to grill and this is a chance for her. "A beautiful lady in our midst? We'll be so pleased." Alan said smiling at her while Giovani chuckled a he turned over some meats. "I've been eyeing how they grill but I haven't tried it, Would you men teach me how to grill?" She said with hope in her eyes. "Si, why not? We'll be glad to teach you. It's not that hard." Giovani answered and handed the tongs to her. She laughed as they tried to take her through small foods to grill, "this is fun" she exclaimed and turned over some burgers. "You're getting it, make sure you don't let them burn." Alan praised her as she made her first batch of burgers without burning them. "Maybe we should leave this for her while we go and mingle with the rest." Giovani suggested jokingly to Alan. "What?! you guys wouldn't leave me here by myself right?" She aked shakingly. "Hmmnn, why not? Since you've gotten the hang of it. Giovani isn't that right?" Alan answered trying not to laugh as he saw her stricken face. "Si, you're correct my friend, she's a pro already. Look, there's my Natalia over there, I should go and join her." Giovani inputed going along with the joke. "Don't move. Nobody is going anywhere except from me. I've gotten the experience I need, I should be on my way." She said nervously to them and narrowed her eyes at them as she saw that they were trying hard not to laugh. "You both got me. You played and got me. How could I have falled for that?" She said hitting both of them on the shoulder as they laughed at her then she too joined them in their laughter saying "I should have known! You silly men." James came up to them as they laughed and wondered why they were all laughing so hard and shouted at them "hey guys, the fishes are going to get burnt if you guys don't stop laughing." "Easy James, the fishes aren't going to burn, we were just having some laugh about a joke." Alan said to his brother as he checked the fishes. "Thank you, both of you. Now I'm going to buy that grill I've been eyeing and make myself grilled foods." She said and gave Giovani and Alan a peck and a hug each with James frowning at her. "I think I'm going to open up a grilling school so that I can get beautiful women to fawn over me." Alan said with drama with Giovani chuckling and nodding at Violet. "I'm going to leave you guys to continue and take some of this mouthwatering steaks with me." She said happily placing a steak on a big paper plate and carrying it with her as she went to mingle with others. "That is a fine woman you've got there, James." Alan said to James with Giovani nodding his agreement. "Si, she's a woman who must be treated like a queen and shouldn't be looked down on, take care of her very well James or else you'll answer to me" Giovani said to James in a calm voice but James know that Giovani meant what he said and moved away angrily thinking how Violet had made a good impression to Giovani and the rest of the family and he must act fast to send her back before she becomes a favourite of the family. Violet made sure she enjoyed herself to the fullest, she met new people and made new friends. She also helped in replenishing the foods on the buffet table and danced with the Kevlar men and some others. She went into the kitchen to bring out the ice Kelvin needed and was singing to herself happily as she poured ice into a bucket when James came into the kitchen. "Hi james, enjoying yourself?" She asked with a sunny smile on her face. "Don't try anymore." He dropped with a face hard as stone. "Excuse me?" Violet asked in confuion. "You're getting too close to my family. They're mine not yours. Your role was to play my fake fiancee not a real one so stop it." He said in a cold voice. Violet's heart broke as she heard what James said and tried not to let her face show any emotions. "You're right James, they're your family not mine. I didn't know being myself would make your family like me. Since my family is at home, I'll leave for my home. Our engagement is broken." She said in a surprisingly calm voice and pulled off his ring from her fingers and handed it to him. She carried the bucket of ice with shaking hands and went out of the kitchen trying her best not to cry.

OMG!! Front page! shocked shocked
Cc: adeculate teel123 harameede99 tijehi blecool crislyn mismore mismossy samyfreshmooth
We made it to front page! Again!! I'm very grateful to you all for your support and very thankful for all your comments.

Lord have mercy we're not even through with the story!!

2 Likes

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by eboigbedavid1(m): 7:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
i really love this story
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
Chommieblaq:
You doing a great job, well done!

But please, do paragraph your work, so that it will be easier to differentiate between scenes.

Once again well done.
thank you, I do paragraph my work buh nairaland form of posting jampacks everything I'll try nd smoothen it
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
damsel14:
baby gal u made frontpage muah....more ink to ur pen...

larabae come update na pls...
lol thank you u're making me blush grin
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 8:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
raydatluvs:
weird... why do you have a wallpaper screenshot as your dp

More flows to your hands larabae, I like. Would read up the other series whilst waiting for this. Plus It's unnecessary to add a villain to the story
thank u sir, yeah I'm nt adding a villian.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
tijehi:
Hey Lara, we made front page. Congrats girl
yes oo we did!! Thank you! I couldn't have made it without u guys kiss
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Ehi07(f): 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
larabae13:
*chapter 9*
"Merry christmas,Violet." James whispered into her ear the next morning as they woke up making her giggle like a sixteen year old. "Merry christmas James" she replied and got off the bed to take her bath. They both went down together to see the servants going busily with the preparations for the christmas gathering. Violet saw that none of the women were at the breakfat table and quickly finished her meal then she went outside to search for them. She saw them at the back of the mansion and wondered why she hadn't gotten to see this side of the land, she wasn't surpursied that there was still acres filled with trees and the place where the women were was really spacey and large which could contain many chairs and people. "Wow! This is massive!" She exclaimed as she got to where they all stood supervising the decorations and preparations. "I know right?! I sweet-talked Kelvin into chopping down some more trees and making this space larger." Mary said with smiles. "Wait, there would be many children underfoot running around, aren't they going to want to wander into the woods?" Valeria asked Mary. "Oh yikes! I didn't think of that, we'll get the men to build a sort of barricade at the entrance to the woods and since there would be adults loitering around the barricade the children would be sent back to the middle of the gathering." Mary pondered and mapped out how the barricade would hold. The men were called to construct the barricade with them grumping and complaining of being put to heavy labour but were really happy to have something to do. The women divided themselves with Natalia and Violet incharge of seeing to the preparations being done in the kitchen, Clara and Valeria going through the flower arrangements and other decorations and Mary overseeing everything being done.
"Goodness! That was hectic but we came through." Violet said as she trudge in to the house with the rest. " We should all go and rest before the guests starts trooping in." Mary suggested as she dumped herself on the nearby chair. "Come on sweetheart, let's go up." Kelvin cajoled his wife and they all went up. Violet went straight to the bed as she and James entered the room with James going to the bathroom to wash off his sweats. "Violet, aren't you going to wash off the sweats you're in?" James said as he came out of the bathroom towelling his wet hair and smiled when he saw that she had slept off. He sat next to her sleeping form and watched her as she slept touching her red hair softly. He started thinking about how she had become part of the family even though it was through pretence, he winced as he thought about the lie he had formed to his family and they wouldn't be too happy about it when they find out he was using Violet. "Maybe it's time for me to cut things off with her, this is already getting out of hand" he said to himself. He himself is already forgetting that Violet isn't his real fiancee, she is too good for him to be putting her through this farce of an engagement, running his hands through his hair nervously as he paced to and fro around the room. "Why are you wearing the carpet out?" Violet asked in a sleep induced voice. "What?" James asked in confusion. "You're making me dizzy with your pacing. What's wrong? You don't look so well" She asked with worry in her voice sitting up on the bed to look at him fully. "I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me. I'm going down, some guests should be in by now." He answered in a gruff voice and left the room in haste. Violet frowned in confusion as to what was wrong with him and shrugged it off then she got up from the bed to freshen up for the gathering.
"This is massive!" Violet exclaimed to Clara as they went in together to the celebration. "Yeah, it is. This year's turn out is astounding. I couldn't believe many people would come since it's christmas day, I'm sure Mary would be grinning ear to ear right now." Clara said as they watched people milling about with some seating in groups chatting together, some going around to know and meet other people, and some standing beside the buffet table shoving down many foods they could get into their mouth. Violet caught sight of James in the midst of three beautiful women charming them with his smile and making them laugh, she raised her eyebrow and took her eyes off them. She saw that Clara had left her to talk to a friend and walked over to where Giovani and Alan stood grilling the hot dogs and other mouth-watering things "Hello handsomes, mind if I join you?" Violet chattered excitedly, she had alway wanted to learn to grill and this is a chance for her. "A beautiful lady in our midst? We'll be so pleased." Alan said smiling at her while Giovani chuckled a he turned over some meats. "I've been eyeing how they grill but I haven't tried it, Would you men teach me how to grill?" She said with hope in her eyes. "Si, why not? We'll be glad to teach you. It's not that hard." Giovani answered and handed the tongs to her. She laughed as they tried to take her through small foods to grill, "this is fun" she exclaimed and turned over some burgers. "You're getting it, make sure you don't let them burn." Alan praised her as she made her first batch of burgers without burning them. "Maybe we should leave this for her while we go and mingle with the rest." Giovani suggested jokingly to Alan. "What?! you guys wouldn't leave me here by myself right?" She aked shakingly. "Hmmnn, why not? Since you've gotten the hang of it. Giovani isn't that right?" Alan answered trying not to laugh as he saw her stricken face. "Si, you're correct my friend, she's a pro already. Look, there's my Natalia over there, I should go and join her." Giovani inputed going along with the joke. "Don't move. Nobody is going anywhere except from me. I've gotten the experience I need, I should be on my way." She said nervously to them and narrowed her eyes at them as she saw that they were trying hard not to laugh. "You both got me. You played and got me. How could I have falled for that?" She said hitting both of them on the shoulder as they laughed at her then she too joined them in their laughter saying "I should have known! You silly men." James came up to them as they laughed and wondered why they were all laughing so hard and shouted at them "hey guys, the fishes are going to get burnt if you guys don't stop laughing." "Easy James, the fishes aren't going to burn, we were just having some laugh about a joke." Alan said to his brother as he checked the fishes. "Thank you, both of you. Now I'm going to buy that grill I've been eyeing and make myself grilled foods." She said and gave Giovani and Alan a peck and a hug each with James frowning at her. "I think I'm going to open up a grilling school so that I can get beautiful women to fawn over me." Alan said with drama with Giovani chuckling and nodding at Violet. "I'm going to leave you guys to continue and take some of this mouthwatering steaks with me." She said happily placing a steak on a big paper plate and carrying it with her as she went to mingle with others. "That is a fine woman you've got there, James." Alan said to James with Giovani nodding his agreement. "Si, she's a woman who must be treated like a queen and shouldn't be looked down on, take care of her very well James or else you'll answer to me" Giovani said to James in a calm voice but James know that Giovani meant what he said and moved away angrily thinking how Violet had made a good impression to Giovani and the rest of the family and he must act fast to send her back before she becomes a favourite of the family. Violet made sure she enjoyed herself to the fullest, she met new people and made new friends. She also helped in replenishing the foods on the buffet table and danced with the Kevlar men and some others. She went into the kitchen to bring out the ice Kelvin needed and was singing to herself happily as she poured ice into a bucket when James came into the kitchen. "Hi james, enjoying yourself?" She asked with a sunny smile on her face. "Don't try anymore." He dropped with a face hard as stone. "Excuse me?" Violet asked in confuion. "You're getting too close to my family. They're mine not yours. Your role was to play my fake fiancee not a real one so stop it." He said in a cold voice. Violet's heart broke as she heard what James said and tried not to let her face show any emotions. "You're right James, they're your family not mine. I didn't know being myself would make your family like me. Since my family is at home, I'll leave for my home. Our engagement is broken." She said in a surprisingly calm voice and pulled off his ring from her fingers and handed it to him. She carried the bucket of ice with shaking hands and went out of the kitchen trying her best not to cry.

OMG!! Front page! shocked shocked
Cc: adeculate teel123 harameede99 tijehi blecool crislyn mismore mismossy samyfreshmooth
We made it to front page! Again!! I'm very grateful to you all for your support and very thankful for all your comments.

Lord have mercy we're not even through with the story!!

Hello. I just became a member because of your stories. I love em. Pls chapter 10..... Plsssssssssssssss wink wink wink
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by xaviercasmir(m): 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
since james is already getting jelous over violet, i am sensing a parttern here oo.
Ride on sis.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 8:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:
wow fp after just 0-3 pages....i think dat sets a record or something....thumbs up ma'am

oya comman update sharp sharp as celebration grin grin
lol sammy thank you kiss
mizzteejay:
Waw oooo,I love this story
thank you ma
Davidhero:
wow, another talented writer.

Welldone Larabae13, ur way of writing is awesome.
Enjoy!
smiley thank you so much
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ehi07:

Hello. I just became a member because of your stories. I love em. Pls chapter 10..... Plsssssssssssssss wink wink wink
I'm very honoured and grateful for that. Thank you cheesy expect chapt 10 tomorrow

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by teel123(f): 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
Larabae since we made FRONTPAGE pls give us a TREAT now n make it double.

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
teel123:
Larabae since we made FRONTPAGE pls give us a TREAT now n make it double.
ehn? Double ke? Teel u wan kill me grin I haven't even started chapter 10
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Davidhero(m): 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
larabae13:
ehn? Double ke? Teel u wan kill me grin I haven't even started chapter 10

Then u have to make it double by tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by mizzteejay(f): 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
Omoh,i can't wait ooo,am in haste to read d remaining episode,thumbs up to u@larabae13
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Larabae! !!
Thanks a lot for keeping me busy......more ink to ur pen.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ehi07:

wetin be all these na?? :>( :>(

Wch kain evil be this eh?

did u really have to quote the entire chapter
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by yorhmienerd(m): 9:27am On Jan 23, 2017
cool
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by mismore(f): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
The story is just making me fall in love all over again.
Wehdone ma! Your story deserves more than Front page sef.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Georgeisco2007: 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nice story, more ink to ur pen.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by loadux(f): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
I just started reading this story today, have only read a few chapter and I can say you're a very good writer keep it up.
However I noticed something in the story setting that I think you should look into
the story is set in London, ie in UK but alot of what you talked about sound very american; for instance Thanksgiving, British don't celebrate that its an American holiday not a national holiday,
and also the issue of farming, bank foreclosure all sounds like American society.
British runs more of a socialism type of economy not captilist like the American which makes thing like that difficult in uk

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Hadassah43(f): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
i love dis story, weldone lara
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by harunablezin(f): 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
mhmmmmm......I'm in love wit diz story
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by ADECULATE(f): 10:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
Yes ooo larabae, we make FP all bcus we rock jare. Lol
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 2:01am On Jan 24, 2017
loadux:
I just started reading this story today, have only read a few chapter and I can say you're a very good writer keep it up.
However I noticed something in the story setting that I think you should look into
the story is set in London, ie in UK but alot of what you talked about sound very american; for instance Thanksgiving, British don't celebrate that its an American holiday not a national holiday,
and also the issue of farming, bank foreclosure all sounds like American society.
British runs more of a socialism type of economy not captilist like the American which makes thing like that difficult in uk
busted!! grin thank you for this educating info. Don't mind silly me, I should have researched about it. I'm very grateful for you pointing out all those mistakes.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by teel123(f): 2:04am On Jan 24, 2017
I sight you oya update now now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twisted Love / Awaken: Divine Hunter / Getting A Life- Safarigirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.