Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:13 PM

Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) (16044 Views)

COVID-19: Multiple Auto Crash As Residents Rush To Beat Curfew In Edo (Video) / University Students Rush To See Helicopter After Emergency Landing In Kogi. PICS / Would You Sit On This Danfo Seat During Rush Hour In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
Originalsly:
It will be easier for the elite to get visas because they can show they have strong ties to the country.... wouldn't abscond and let their businesses fail et c. But that doesn't mean others can't get visas as well. One good way is to travel to other countries... even in Africa itself first to establish a travel history... which would indicate you just love to travel and visit other countries. If US or Canada or I talk is your first choice... then why wouldn't the VO think you are trying to go to hustle? My friend is a nobody... and had no problem getting a US Visa using this method... travelled twice and returned. ..and would have no problem getting a visa to Italy, Canada, Australia or any country ...because of the resume.

I can't speak for the US but I live in Canada and I'm currently going through the immigration process. It's been 3 years since I've started filing for my cousin in Abia. They're 3 main ways people get into Canada, specifically from naija. Marriage, international student, and skilled worker. Each of those 3, you must have a certain amount of money in your account. Well as for marriage the person filing for you must be making a certain amount of money per year. Lie, Lie, go travel everywhere in this world, if you don't meet Canada's requirement ($$) you're not getting that visa. These governments aren't charity cases, it's a business. And the typical Nigerian does not have the money to file the application let alone have the minimum amount liquid cash which the government is asking for. So the average Nigerian there have no choice but to enter illegally and hope they can legitimize themselves once they're here somehow.

6 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 8:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
optimusprime2:

So I am not misunderstood, Lemme give you further insight to what I am referring to;
I had a female colleague of mine who got an opportunity to go to Italy, fully sponsored by a Pharmaceutical firm- of course she was fully qualified for the position as she was equipped with a B.sc in Biology and an M.sc in Bio-Engineering... would you believe she was denied a visa flatout at the Italian Embassy despite all her legit documents and strong claims to professional advancement, why?? Because she was assumed to be a potential prostitute seeking an advanced schenghen visa to ply her trade flexibly (Mind you, this was not in Nigeria). Although the case was later battled out by the hiring coy, however the experience was quite an embarrassing one for this lady.
Now, you get my point? ... Genuine Aspiring young Nigerian visa applicants, are faced with this challenge of overcoming huge Negative assumptions by embassies, because of other Nigerians who just jumped to these countries blindly and became a nuisance(Even if there must be Nigerian ashawo's and drug pushers et al abroad, must they be in phenomenal numbers?). This just shows Nigerians are more likely to become a Nuisance , due to this hussle type mentality, that encourages blind migration.

So basically as a Nigerian that falls under a youthful age group, you are very more likely to have a denied visa application, regardless of your reason. Does that fact not bother you?
I am not saying "nobody should'nt go abroad", I am saying "if you don't have an aim or productive plan for going abroad(if your destiny is not abroad like you said), then don't go and block the road for others who do" ... period.
#Dropsmic

#PicksUpMic,

Nigerians are stereotyped everywhere for usually negative things. But of course it's always easy to blame the poor and allow the rich who are usually the cause of all this, to go free. People will say these poor people better stop putting negativity on our name, but won't say anything to the politician who's looting our cash, or his pikin now abroad who's enjoying this stolen cash, knowing full well the reason these woman are abroad prostituting is because they're not getting their fair share of the national cake. So they do everything in their power to migrate to a more humane country which will give them a better standard of living than their fellow Africans, they get stuck doing unfortunate jobs to survive due to the lack of legitimate documents, and now they're the ones causing problems for Nigeria ? Are people actually this insensitive towards the poor ? Haba.

7 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
maternal:

I can't speak for the US but I live in Canada and I'm currently going through the immigration process. It's been 3 years since I've started filing for my cousin in Abia. They're 3 main ways people get into Canada, specifically from naija. Marriage, international student, and skilled worker. Each of those 3, you must have a certain amount of money in your account. Well as for marriage the person filing for you must be making a certain amount of money per year. Lie, Lie, go travel everywhere in this world, if you don't meet Canada's requirement ($$) you're not getting that visa. These governments aren't charity cases, it's a business. And the typical Nigerian does not have the money to file the application let alone have the minimum amount liquid cash which the government is asking for. So the average Nigerian there have no choice but to enter illegally and hope they can legitimize themselves once they're here somehow.
Hmmm.... they don't have the cash to enter legally... but have it to enter illegally?...is it now that cheap?... and to take another gamble with your hard to get cash with agents? Whichever way...huge sums of money would be involved. .. so the bottom line. .. you need to plan well.... look before you leap. And yes... I learned Canada is a bish to get in... it is better to get US visa... that would make it sooo much easy to get a Canadian visa. I'll find out for myself in a few when I receive my ehmmm.... let me shut up.
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... they don't have the cash to enter legally... but have it to enter illegally?...is it now that cheap?... and to take another gamble with your hard to get cash with agents? Whichever way...huge sums of money would be involved. .. so the bottom line. .. you need to plan well.... look before you leap.

Yes. Do you know how the immigration process works for poor people ? Its not always black and white. You pay the money to file, some may pay an agent to help them with filing as they're ignorant about the process, they'll most likely get rejected. Then you now pay a fee to appeal the decision, they'll still most likely be paying that agent with the appeal process, etc. Or you can save money and purchase a fake UK or France passport, hope you don't get detected and make it to Canada or whichever country for example, tear the passport once you've arrived and go to immigration and claim refugee. I know several people who are now citizens here through that process. Had they used the latter, they'd still be in naija constantly appealing their cases spending more money.

3 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
maternal:
Or you can save money and purchase a fake UK or France passport, hope you don't get detected and make it to Canada or whichever country for example, tear the passport once you've arrived and go to immigration and claim refugee. I know several people who are now citizens here through that process. Had they used the latter, they'd still be in naija constantly appealing their cases spending more money.
This is 2016.... which year did these people you know pass immigration with fake passport?

2 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 10:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
Originalsly:
This is 2016.... which year did these people you know pass immigration with fake passport?

Are you serious ?
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
So now some people are saying u can go into Canada illegally?

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
bebe2:

cheesy cheesy

but its true na, naija is backwards, let first learn to tell each other the truth.

if am ur friend and i have BO i expect u to tell me blank, babes u no dey smell nice, after awhile i will start to pay
attention to it and start habit to change it.

but if u keep telling me, babes u smell so good, i want to smell like u when i grow up etc are u a true friend?

my point is, dont take it personal, naija belongs to all of us, both those in diaspora and those at home.

its painful to see your country so hungry in the midst of plenty undecided

I love my country Sha backward and all, I know you all out there love it too but sometimes it takes more than words to show your feelings "Action speaks louder than words". Running away shows your love for it isn't genuine tongue

Some people are actually making it big time here so not everyone is desperately poor, why do you think all our influential politicians never relocate despite owning billions of dollars, I don't think Nigeria is meant for them alone they will die and leave the place and it won't be for their kids living abroad who know nothing about the country, the same thing will happen to the rich, their kids living abroad will not survive long here thus their legacies will be transferred to those who are left behind

I believe we shall get there God willing, one step at a time.
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by bebe2(f): 12:31am On Dec 28, 2016
Pidgin2:

I love my country Sha backward and all, I know you all out there love it too but sometimes it takes more than words to show your feelings "Action speaks louder than words". Running away shows your love for it isn't genuine tongue

Some people are actually making it big time here so not everyone is desperately poor, why do you think all our influential politicians never relocate despite owning billions of dollars, I don't think Nigeria is meant for them alone they will die and leave the place and it won't be for their kids living abroad who know nothing about the country, the same thing will happen to the rich, their kids living abroad will not survive long here thus their legacies will be transferred to those who are left behind

I believe we shall get there God willing, one step at a time.

Yes oo, one love smiley

I personally don't get inspiration from the so called Nigeria "big men" I just feel sorry for them.

Remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man?
How do u drive a 10m naira car past a child child who is begging for 100 naira to buy food?
Then again how many kids can u feed? How many pple with horrible diseases begging on the high way can u pay for? Dats why I feel sorry for them, it's either they don't see it anymore or they have sleepness night thinking about it.
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by bebe2(f): 12:33am On Dec 28, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... they don't have the cash to enter legally... but have it to enter illegally?...is it now that cheap?... and to take another gamble with your hard to get cash with agents? Whichever way...huge sums of money would be involved. .. so the bottom line. .. you need to plan well.... look before you leap. And yes... I learned Canada is a bish to get in... it is better to get US visa... that would make it sooo much easy to get a Canadian visa. I'll find out for myself in a few when I receive my ehmmm.... let me shut up.

Gbam grin

No talk am pass like that, the walls have ears cheesy
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Timhortons: 12:36am On Dec 28, 2016
Personally, I think everybody that dropped a comment here on this topic is right cos na who wear shoe know where e dey pain am but for this particular topic I will use myself as a case study.
I worked 8-9 Years in naija but I was not fulfilled with the system and I became scared of what will happen to my kids with the present economic situation in the country. I have always loved to travel to Canada or USA cos of personal reasons and I didn't like Europe much unless I intend to study more or play football. I got info about FSWP, I fasted for the first time in my life and involved my cousin who is a priest and today we are enjoying Canada.
But to be honest I will advise anyone SUFFERING to leave Naija regardless if you have plans or not but DONT do DRUGS. You must always have a way out. Naija is WORST than hell fire. I don't need to be mild on this issue cos I spent nothing less than 30 years in naija and I have spent few years here I have benefitted in so so so so many ways.My daughter gets monthly support from the govt.I got a scholarship to study power engineering here. Inshort , there are so many benefits that I will not want to mention here. If you jump from hell fire to enter heaven and you no make am na to fall back to hell fire wey you dey before but @least make e be say you jump.

15 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 12:45am On Dec 28, 2016
maternal:

Are you serious ?
Lol...answering questions with question!...yes...I'm dead serious.

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by optimusprime2(m): 2:41am On Dec 28, 2016
maternal:

You have to realize OP's opinion are one-sided and ignorant. To begin with everyone's destiny is not the same. If you apply for a job and don't get it, does that mean I shouldn't at least apply ? But what OP fails to mention is that unless your parent(s) are wealthy business people or politicians, you're not likely getting a visa. So what do these people do ? Stay and continue to sell pure water, while making 1 US dollar per day with no real future or hope ? I'd rather take a chance at abroad. Even if I get deported, I can live with failure, but I cannot live with not trying. Secondly, nobody is trapped abroad unless they commit a crime. These people are doing every possible not to return to Nigeria, because believe me, these countries would gladly deport them back to naija. Lastly, everyone is putting down these prostitutes like naija no get prostitutes and it isn't the main line of work for unemployed young woman in the country. At least the ashewo's in Italy are collecting Euro's oppose to naira. In this situation nobody should look before leaping, because the worse thing that can happen is that you land back in Nigeria.
Actually, you can be very trapped abroad... a good example is the UAE- if you overstay your visa, every day that counts from the day of expiry attracts a penalty fine, and you can't leave unless you pay every last Dihram at the airport. Some people have overstay fines so high that they don't bother even going close to the airport, as very high fines will simply get you arrested, because at that point it is a crime. You need to go to jails there and see cases, Many Nigerians are forgotten in various jails in the UAE, so in an effort to escape the law but survive, these guys resort to begging and doing really die hard stuff which include doing drugs.
I believe the same system applies in Malaysia- and Woe unto any black man in a Malaysian prison.
Nwannem not all countries have friendly law enforcement/Immigration policies like the US, Canada or UK et al, you should know that the death penalty is still very much active in some countries and some crimes considered as minor is a big deal as well... in these situations, I tell you deportation is a Luxury.

6 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by optimusprime2(m): 2:53am On Dec 28, 2016
maternal:

#PicksUpMic,

Nigerians are stereotyped everywhere for usually negative things. But of course it's always easy to blame the poor and allow the rich who are usually the cause of all this, to go free. People will say these poor people better stop putting negativity on our name, but won't say anything to the politician who's looting our cash, or his pikin now abroad who's enjoying this stolen cash, knowing full well the reason these woman are abroad prostituting is because they're not getting their fair share of the national cake. So they do everything in their power to migrate to a more humane country which will give them a better standard of living than their fellow Africans, they get stuck doing unfortunate jobs to survive due to the lack of legitimate documents, and now they're the ones causing problems for Nigeria ? Are people actually this insensitive towards the poor ? Haba.
I am not against anyone rich, poor, tall, short et al travelling abroad.
I am against general ignorance that could affect others.

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 3:31am On Dec 28, 2016
Originalsly:
Lol...answering questions with question!...yes...I'm dead serious.

When I lived in Toronto I was able to make one phone call and I'd be able to get a US passport within a week. These 419 boys are brilliant. If they can defraud bank systems, defrauding immigration is nothing to them. Of course I've never asked the method behind the fraud because I have papers and don't want/care to know. But immigration fraud is nothing new here, though the government fights back hard. Just over a year ago they've been some cases which made national news. And these are the frauds which were detected.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/clients-of-convicted-immigration-consultant-facing-deportation-for-lying-1.3868330

But his passport was altered by New Can Consulting, his IRB hearing heard, with entry and exit stamps falsified to make it appear Lin had spent 980 days, or just over 2½ years, in Canada.

Permanent residents are entitled to most social benefits in Canada, including health care.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/canada-basketball-star-who-claimed-be-16-faces-deportation-after-records-reveal-he-29-1556412

When Nicola first applied for a Canadian study permit he claimed he was 17. However, the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board told the Guardian, "When he recently applied for a US visitor visa, it was determined by fingerprint match that he was the same individual who had made a previous application to the US using a DOB of November 1, 1986."
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 3:34am On Dec 28, 2016
Timhortons:
Personally, I think everybody that dropped a comment here on this topic is right cos na who wear shoe know where e dey pain am but for this particular topic I will use myself as a case study.
I worked 8-9 Years in naija but I was not fulfilled with the system and I became scared of what will happen to my kids with the present economic situation in the country. I have always loved to travel to Canada or USA cos of personal reasons and I didn't like Europe much unless I intend to study more or play football. I got info about FSWP, I fasted for the first time in my life and involved my cousin who is a priest and today we are enjoying Canada.
But to be honest I will advise anyone SUFFERING to leave Naija regardless if you have plans or not but DONT do DRUGS. You must always have a way out. Naija is WORST than hell fire. I don't need to be mild on this issue cos I spent nothing less than 30 years in naija and I have spent few years here I have benefitted in so so so so many ways.My daughter gets monthly support from the govt.I got a scholarship to study power engineering here. Inshort , there are so many benefits that I will not want to mention here. If you jump from hell fire to enter heaven and you no make am na to fall back to hell fire wey you dey before but @least make e be say you jump.

It's what I've been saying. Imagine if you didn't jump ? Everyone's destiny is different. On a side note I assume you're in Alberta ? Once you get your steam time and you're completely certified, you'll be making a lot of money as a power engineer, especially as a 2nd/3rd class.

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Timhortons: 5:40am On Dec 28, 2016
maternal:

It's what I've been saying. Imagine if you didn't jump ? Everyone's destiny is different. On a side note I assume you're in Alberta ? Once you get your steam time and you're completely certified, you'll be making a lot of money as a power engineer, especially as a 2nd/3rd class.

Yes, Calgary to be precise. It is lovely and fun to run away from peace officers, immigration officers or even Cops than for one happy trigger, drunk, God and life forsaken constable to end your life in Naija .THOUGH, you will progress and settle faster when you have your legit papers but brethren @all @all na witch.
The most frustrating part of all these facts to me is simply that Naija has no plans to get better, people will say it is well, it will get better and I ask them WHEN? The rot and corruption has gotten to the grassroots that the only remedy will be to demolish the whole country and start afresh. Pls don't quote me I just spoke my mind mbok!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2016
maternal:

When I lived in Toronto I was able to make one phone call and I'd be able to get a US passport within a week. These 419 boys are brilliant.
Which is it?...you made a phone call and got a passport?...or you believed if you made a call you can get a US Passport in a week? .... and you're still dodging my question... what year did these people you know pass Immigration with fake passports? People desperate to travel are following. .... so clear this up for them before they dash out and acquire fake passports based on what you said.

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 11:25am On Dec 28, 2016
Originalsly:
Which is it?...you made a phone call and got a passport?...or you believed if you made a call you can get a US Passport in a week? .... and you're still dodging my question... what year did these people you know pass Immigration with fake passports? People desperate to travel are following. .... so clear this up for them before they dash out and acquire fake passports based on what you said.

I know people who have made the call. Again I have papers no need for a fake passport. The last 2 people I know who came with a fake passport was 4 years ago. Come out with your point already.
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by lionlee216(m): 11:43am On Dec 28, 2016
Nigeria will be great again

2 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by lastguy: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2016
My guy, nothing is impossible but I dont know about fake passport in this 2016. In the past, pple used fake passport.

My only advice for pple is that of you want to stay illegal in a foreign country, at least go to where the immigration law is very friendly.

When you enter xxxxxxx, you will understand how the system work cos I know the country u r heading to.

Like I told someone, a friend of mine decided to quit school in 2009 to hustle for yankee, today he is blessed (rich).. anytime I see his achievement, I do thank God for him.

I am very sure you know pple use fake papers to work in Yankee. Nothing is impossible with the help of God

Like bebe2 said, get there first and worry about others later. Pple have stories to share..

5 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
lionlee216:
My guy, nothing is impossible but I dont know about fake passport in this 2016. In the past, pple used fake passport.
That's what I was getting at. ... not impossible....but in this 2016... it is highly unlikely for you to enter developed countries with fake passports. .....too much technologies. ..checks and cross checks...constantly being upgraded... what worked last year can't work this year.

2 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by lionlee216(m): 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
Originalsly:
That's what I was getting at. ... not impossible....but in this 2016... it is highly unlikely for you to enter developed countries with fake passports. .....too much technologies. ..checks and cross checks...constantly being upgraded... what worked last year can't work this year.

When una dey travel? I dey follow u for Frankteller thread
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Originalsly: 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
lionlee216:

When una dey travel? I dey follow u for Frankteller thread
Lol...soon!...Op made a lot solid points... need to make adjustments.
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Ajusshi: 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
maternal:

Yes. Do you know how the immigration process works for poor people ? Its not always black and white. You pay the money to file, some may pay an agent to help them with filing as they're ignorant about the process, they'll most likely get rejected. Then you now pay a fee to appeal the decision, they'll still most likely be paying that agent with the appeal process, etc. Or you can save money and purchase a fake UK or France passport, hope you don't get detected and make it to Canada or whichever country for example, tear the passport once you've arrived and go to immigration and claim refugee. I know several people who are now citizens here through that process. Had they used the latter, they'd still be in naija constantly appealing their cases spending more money.
One question pls, if the fake passport gets dictated at the airport here in Nigeria, will you be arrested? what happens if the found at the point of entry in Ca or US, will one be deported immediately or will you able to claim asylum at that point.

Thanks
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by lionlee216(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Originalsly:
Lol...soon!...Op made a lot solid points... need to make adjustments.

same here
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by charles2468(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
[quote author=optimusprime2 post=52235994]Have you ever wondered why getting a visit visa to some countries as a Nigerian is just outright difficult?
Have you ever wondered why as an International student you are told to take a test of English, regardless of the fact your official language is English?
Have you ever wondered why Nigerians are often victims of scrutiny by law enforcement officials in western societies?
Now, Consider these;

Case 1: Tom is an average business man from a humble background in Nigeria, he really fancies a big break and eyes a shot at Dubai-U.A.E(The land of Arab cash), he eventually gathers all his life savings from his modest business and travels out. A while later, he starts western unioning his folks quite a chunk of dollars monthly and shortly after, a huge building project commences in his hometown, courtesy of Tom...

Case 2: Dick is an aspiring footballer and dreams of playing pro football in Europe. He struggles to get there and with the help of "some" agent, he eventually succeeds. A couple later he shows up his local neighborhood with a shiny large SUV...

Case 3: Harry is an unemployed young graduate, and is desperate to leave the country, strongly believing that if he steps foot into the streets of London to "hussle", he will hammer as he is a sharp guy. He finally winds up some British chic online and like a joke he lands in the UK, a couple later he floats pictures on social media with his "Oyibo" bae- apparently, he is livin' the dream...

Now the above stated cases are classic scenarios, and most individuals truly yearn for such opportunities abroad as they feel life "abroad" is more rosier and served on a platter of Gold. Due to this longing to be like "Tom, Dick and Harry", the desperation of many Nigerians to go abroad is dangerously high, that many are willing to even take high risks just to procure visas or leave the shores of Nigeria, including a full desert venture enroute Libya by foot, in an effort to cross the Mediterranean (Trust me I have seen alot of crazy efforts, like a lot).

But the plain truth is this; Not everybody can be Tom, Dick or Harry. Because someone went to London and succeeded does not mean it's gonna be the same for another person. In some cases going abroad could yield benefits, and in some cases it could be a total disaster. Lets take a look at a couple of things first before you decide to pack your bags;

1-Whats the plan? I have said this thousands of times, "a clueless person at home, will be clueless abroad". You are struggling so desperately to go to Europe and hussle, do you have a laid out plan of the hussle strategy? Like there are alot of Nigerians stuck in Dubai as you read this text, they don't even have the luxury of being deported, just because they fled to Dubai without any specific plan, only because "Tom did it and is making Arab money" so they thought they could do it too... SMH even the Bible says "write a vision and make it plain...". You need to have a plan of action, a blue print of progressive thought, you need to have an innovative plan- in the absence of one, trust me "There is no place like home".

2- Are you Skilled? Face it, Gold is recognized as Gold anywhere in the world... i.e; if you plan on going to Australia to Hussle without any particular skill, you are on the pathway to becoming a statistic of homeless people in Australia. There are Nigerians in the US who are Hobo's, because they did'nt get any college or formal education and they don't exactly have any skills to make a living-some of these guys absconded on visit visas and thought they'd make the jackpot hussling(Nigerians are notorious for overstaying their visit visas, which makes the process of obtaining one difficult for genuine Nigerian travellers, as all Nigerians are now assumed to be potential immigrants by many countries) but #Wrong ... let Trump catch those ones. On a serious note, lets say you are a skilled programmer and you decide to legally migrate to the US for instance, do you think you wont have a fair shot at living large? unfortunately, the large chunk of uneducated/unskilled Nigerians constituting a menace in various parts of the world, have given a percentage of some people the perspective that; "The average Nigerian is uneducated and can't speak clear English", this actually frustrates the efforts of legit educated/skilled Nigerian seeking for opportunities abroad... My point? There are also uneducated/unskilled Americans too, but they don't bother about travelling abroad to embarrass themselves, in the name of "hussling". So there it is, "HAVE A SKILL!"

3- Do you know where you are going? It Amazes me how some people just look up visa free countries with the Nigerian passport online, and decide to just hop on the next available flight to go and hussle, "Chai una no go kee me!" some people don't even do research about the terrain, language or culture of a certain place, all they do is find out; if there are jobs, how hussle dey for that side and zoom... they are off! even if its to Nepal. Just go to Italy for example and see what some Nigerians are doing on the streets, esp the women-no offence but its true, those who know will know what I am talking about(Even the Italians have come to know a particular tribe in Nigeria that are engaged in particular trades at night). If you ask those Nigerians why; they would simply say; "they did'nt know this is what they would end up doing". check this out;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3ZrV2nUqg
I feel sorry for people who literally sell off potential fortunes in Nigeria, in a bid for "blind migration abroad"... Please if you have no idea of the country you are aiming to go and hussle, Biko, don't go and become a societal menace.

4- "That Particular Agent" I have said this as well, "deperate people will do desperate things", all in a bid to get that Visa, some people get Linked up to fraudulent characters or dangerous syndicates in the name of "an Agent"... Chai! I pity una. Be informed; Many terrorist groups are out there recruiting candidates to carry out their terrible acts, and such candidates are usually desperate people trying to go abroad- These agents actually assist in getting legit visas for their clients, but unfortunately like insects caught in a spiders web, these people get ensnared into what they can't get out of. There are also so called "agents" who end up screwing peoples profiles by providing falsified documents for visa applications, such people get instant life bans from some embassies and can NEVER travel westward anymore... Just because they were desperate and could'nt wait for their time. SMH... Beware of Agents o...

5- Confirmed Dollar$$ abroad?? In Nigeria, everyone wants to have his hands on dollars because of the current "Buharinomics", to the extent that even elderly people are being lured to become drug mules-unfortunately, they get caught. You see, if such people were not that desperate in going abroad, they would have probably crossed the T's and dotted the i's, but they were blinded to all the risks involved due to sheer desperation and greed for dollars. In Asia, e.g Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and Vietnam, the general impressions they have of Nigerian guys are "they are 419's, scammers and drug dealers"... How come you may ask? because the number of Nigerians who have been caught smuggling drugs and doing "yahoo" are phenomenal. I have been subjected to intense searches in certain airports just because my passport is green, on an occassion I thought it was the racism card that was being played, but when a Botswana guy behind me was allowed to pass freely, I knew this was just Naija people they were being cautious about.(Deep down I felt hurt, because I painfully realized Nigerians have been stereotyped Negatively- i.e there are Africans, then there are the Nigerians)
Please, abeg, please stay away from "fast money abroad"... There is no other substitute for hard work and productive creativity.

6- Every country is unique Because snow falls in Turkey like Canada, you now assume Turkey and Canada are the same, so you try to run there because abroad is abroad... na lie o, all abroad no be abroad. Some systems in some countries are not foreigner friendly at all therefore you are not welcome... and thats just the way it is, so if you run to Belarus for instance thinking you would start western unioning your folks in no time like Tom ... Well, good luck. Bottom line some countries are just meant for her Citizens alone- oh by the way, some countries in Europe and Asia are even more "third world" than Nigeria. Do intense research about prospective countries you intend to migrate to and find out what is unique about them, if the uniqueness is compatible with your aspirations then give it a shot. If not then don't kill yourself, stay at home.

With all this what am I trying to say?
Please do not be "die hard" desperate to go abroad and Hussle, cancel that mentality. Build yourself up before venturing into unknown territories, there is a clear difference between a Foreign Expatriate and an Immigrant, I strongly believe in Nigerians earning the right to be called "Expats" not immigrants in general.
In doing so Nigerians as a whole would build a better image of themselves abroad... (Hopefully). [

Nice one OP
but my question now is what type of skills can someone acquired before entering Canada or Australia thanks as u guys reply

2 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by maternal: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ajusshi:
One question pls, if the fake passport gets dictated at the airport here in Nigeria, will you be arrested? what happens if the found at the point of entry in Ca or US, will one be deported immediately or will you able to claim asylum at that point.

Thanks

I don't know about other countries but once in Canada the people who did it would dispose of the passport once they touch Canadian soil, then claim asylum. You'll get legal council if you can't afford it, a court date, and papers to work until further notice. Then you go from there.

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by Ajusshi: 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
maternal:

I don't know about other countries but once in Canada the people who did it would dispose of the passport once they touch Canadian soil, then claim asylum. You'll get legal council if you can't afford it, a court date, and papers to work until further notice. Then you go from there.
Thanks
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by bebe2(f): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
maternal:

>smiley those where the days,

We heard all sorts of wild stories, pple chewing up their passports to those who dissolved theirs and flushed it Down the toilet, lol
Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by lagosrd: 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Timhortons:

Hello friend can we talk privately cos I need some info from you wrt to the subject matter. I need genuine talks. I have been trying to see if I can migrate to Canada but it seems all am meeting is fraud and I need it. I am so encouraged by yourself post and that of material. Indeed you guys are blessings. Kindly revert to me privately by sending me an email. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) by sunkieisland(m): 11:50am On Dec 29, 2016
Very educational......

Make all these our 9ja country ppl for diaspora just suggest one legit way for an average Nigerian to travel to the US, then we go know say no be debate we come follow for Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Funny Suggestions For Driving In Lagos – Gidimeister / Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 / Who Knows This Accident Victim From Cross River State (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.