Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy (40049 Views)

How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by AlhajiSpray(m): 9:37am On Dec 25, 2016
tankara1010:

E-pain 'am. He is boiling inside like over heated amala. Chai!

Eeyah!

E don touch you for bone as I don expose the truth about your babaric people to you abi? Okay make I add to your painment sef! See your bloda mazi kanu the bonobo! Thinking of the kind of xmas beans he will munch today while I'm feasting on a la carte meals! Lmfao!

4 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 9:37am On Dec 25, 2016
ruggedtimi:
open mobile money outlet in nigeria shocked...have you asked yourself why you find Bureau d change only in highly secured places like an airport in nigeria. If you open mobile money outlet for one street in ph, na small boy go come collect all ur money with a small pistol.

Oga don't they rob banks? So they should Close all the banks because they rob banks? Don't they rub shops? So they should Close down the shops? Common Man

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Justiceotunne: 9:38am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Again, we can agree to disagree. To you it's trash, I am only responsible for what I say not what you understand.
I haven't said cash should be eliminated but the truth is whether you like it or not, there would have been much less people at the atms if mobile money has been implemented properly. Not everybody on the queue was going to buy 50 Naira pepper some were going to buy much higher value and rather than queue for hours would gladly pay the 100 Naira charge.

I am deeply awed by your calmness. Many would have flown off the handle with the barrage of insult hauled at you. You also do have a point in your submission. I'd like to meet u

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Sweetrolly(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Are you okay? I know you are an afonja. Didn't you see your fathers and mothers sitting on the ground INSIDE Ekiti bank to withdraw their money? What other ways to access your money if not through physical withdrawals and ATM? I don't know what is wrong with how you guys reason.

you shouldn't be complaining about people reasoning through their Anus
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by uchennaq(m): 9:39am On Dec 25, 2016
Ighoga898:
hope u people criticizing Mmm have seen now dat if everybody decides to withdraw money 4rm d bank at once it will lead to d eventual breakdown of it....
Oga shortage of physical cash has nothing to do with M M M.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by MinorityTribe: 9:39am On Dec 25, 2016
Gradually Nigerians eyes are opening to the real scam in the country.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by ruggedtimi(m): 9:40am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga don't they rob banks? So they should Close all the banks because they rob banks? Don't they rub shops? So they should Close down the shops? Common Man
lol..try open mobile money outlet.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by virtual3xpert: 9:40am On Dec 25, 2016
No one is saying that the cashless policy is bad but Nigeria isn't there yet. Especially for those that are not educated, they just want to have their cash in hand. You want to explain to the angry crowd of market women and mallams that they can use other channels? How?

Besides, education aside, you can't use pos or mobile money in every situation. Cash will always be needed at one point or the other.

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by proffemi: 9:40am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga please read again! I can still transfer money on my phone without internet! and Yes if I go to Mile 12, as long as the aboki has an account number, I can buy pepper

Chief, why don't you relax?

We know it's possible in principle , trivial even, to transfer money by phone. The question is: can you do it today? You can't.

Making people queue endlessly to access their own money is madness, pure and simple. I had a surreal exchange with a colleague on OAU campus who, after waiting at the ATM, walked to the counter to withdraw his own money and was told he could not withdraw more than N10, 000.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but if it is a policy, someone must be off his meds.

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

[s]
Eeyah!

E don touch you for bone as I don expose the truth about your babaric people to you abi? Okay make I add to your painment sef! See your bloda mazi kanu the bonobo! Thinking of the kind of xmas beans he will munch today while I'm feasting on a la carte meals! Lmfao![/s]

I have reset your brain that you are now posting picture of our handsome leader. I bet you wish you were as handsome and fresh like him? Sorry you can't if you are an afonja.

6 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by patchsk(f): 9:40am On Dec 25, 2016
LorDBolton:

Why. U dey mumu yourself?

Infact you're an idiot if u don't know how difficult it is in naija to withdraw on Fridays not to mention a holiday event like xmas.

Even b4 dis govt came to power as far back as 2010 we know how long the ATM queues are on Fridays and how we pray we get to withdraw b4 the money inside finishes.

Especially when it's after 4/5pm

So why bring this govt into it? Must every problem people experience in life be blamed on the govt? Govt??

The blame rests solely on the CBN n banks.

It's useless inciteful posts like yours that actually cause anarchy. Gibbon

Another stupid Afonja rant.

Free yourself from your slavery to your lords and masters... Fulani.

4 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by nams77: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga you need to calm down. Nobody is preventing anybody from having access to their money
Yes there is shortage of physical cash, people should use other channels, if you take your atm to a shop and pay via atm or you transfer money, it will still go. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money
CBN has focused so much on the Dollar issue this year that they have not expanded on their cashless policy. That is the real issue.
ed this on an earlier thread,
What CBN needs to do is deepen the implementation of Mobile Money. In Kenya, once I have your phone number, I can transfer money to you. This also saves a lot of money in printing cash. Another option is to take advantage of cash based businesses and use them as mobile money agents. For example, I should be able to walk into a Petrol station or supermarket, deposit money in their account through their POS and they give me the cash equivalent. It will help this businesses reduce their cash calls and bank trips.
Oga, I strongly believe you are from another planet...a planet called Utopia. What you stated above is an ideal situation, but sadly in Nigeria, it is the reality that is in operation. How many tomato, onion, crayfish and garri seller use what you just stated above. Let's not start giving excuses for the failures of our government. It emboldens them

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Enrichlee(m): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga you need to calm down. Nobody is preventing anybody from having access to their money
Yes there is shortage of physical cash, people should use other channels, if you take your atm to a shop and pay via atm or you transfer money, it will still go. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money
CBN has focused so much on the Dollar issue this year that they have not expanded on their cashless policy. That is the real issue.

I posted this on an earlier thread,
What CBN needs to do is deepen the implementation of Mobile Money. In Kenya, once I have your phone number, I can transfer money to you. This also saves a lot of money in printing cash. Another option is to take advantage of cash based businesses and use them as mobile money agents. For example, I should be able to walk into a Petrol station or supermarket, deposit money in their account through their POS and they give me the cash equivalent. It will help this businesses reduce their cash calls and bank trips.
For your mind now, u've raised a valid opinion. How many businesses are having the POS option here in Nigeria presently. Sometimes you people just spew rubbish just to sound sophisticated and learned.

5 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by shedy03(m): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

what is this one saying, u sound like an APC agent. pos ehh.

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Yes sir you can buy all those things once you have the person's account number. Mobile Money will do the transfer for you and they will get alert and you take your foods except they don't have an account number. Please note I said it is true there is shortage of cash but it is wrong to say they blocked access to people's money. CBN has failed to enlighten the populace to take advantage of several e-channels available and note that there are mobile money Services where you don't need internet on your phone.

how popular is mobile money and it's like in Nigeria compared to other country? when giving solution to dire situations you should be able to come up with something that works on the spot, not in the future. people need their money quick and you're telling them about mobile money?
why haven't they stressed on that since October? why do it now when people are very desperate?
i bet that idiot in chief thinks that by printing less-to-no money, he can reduce inflation rate? right?
Hotdamn, there really is no limit to how clueless that man can be, is there?

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Sweetrolly(m): 9:43am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Yes sir you can buy all those things once you have the person's account number. Mobile Money will do the transfer for you and they will get alert and you take your foods except they don't have an account number. Please note I said it is true there is shortage of cash but it is wrong to say they blocked access to people's money. CBN has failed to enlighten the populace to take advantage of several e-channels available and note that there are mobile money Services where you don't need internet on your phone.

please receive some common sense, so when you want to buy pepper of 100 Naira you transfer the money to his or her account?
Mtchewww

4 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by patchsk(f): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

I am not even any sort of yoruba tribe sef so your pathetic afonja jokes are only making you look more _stupid by the minute!

But as for you, I know you are a drug dealing, erosion loving, ipob loving, eastern spear headed,gala selling, tribe hating son of _bitch from orlu west!

I agree to all those including my love for my erosion ravaged eastern homeland.

Just accept that you are an Afonja.
Ok?
It won't hurt.

6 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by ajebuter(f): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2016
Chai...serious anachy is looming l swear and it just may start in front of ATM..

Yesterday while using ATM in one of the banks along Gbagada expressway in Lagos..

l even had to wake up as early as 6am on Saturday and holiday oh (imagine) and come see long queue ..

That was not even the problem..l needed to withdraw 130k and you should see anger on faces of Nigerians..

shuoh..everybody yelling: madam abeg no finish the money inside ATM oh..abeg we also need to make withdrawal oh..

imagine the angry looks people were giving me for making a withdrawal ? like l committed a major crime..

Chizoz! na so e don bad reach? make we dey ration money inside ATM?

l swear Nigeria is in deep shiiiit..

4 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2016
proffemi:

Chief, why don't you relax?

We know it's possible in principle , trivial even, to transfer money by phone. The question is: can you do it today? You can't.

Making people queue endlessly to access their own money is madness, pure and simple. I had a surreal exchange with a colleague on OAU campus who, after waiting at the ATM, walked to the counter to withdraw his own money and was told he could not withdraw more than N10, 000.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but if it is a deliberate policy, someone must be off his meds.

I have not said you can do it today that is why I have blamed CBN for not making a simple thing possible. I also had an experience at GTBank in Festac when money finished at the ATM. I am not saying it's a good thing rather am I advocating total elimination of cash transactions. What I am saying is that it is the cbn' s fault that there is a cash shortage but it is wrong to say they have denied us access to our money because it is not true. That is why I am advocating that mobile money be implemented before next year so same doesn't happen to your friend and some people are saying I am idealistic for believing something that is working in KENYA will work in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by loomer: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga, that is the failure of CBN I am talking about. They need to introduce and enforce policies that would ensure e channels are available in a lot of places and I don't understand why people don't get that I am not advocating a total withdrawal from using cash. I am saying if people have options, there won't be queues, some will use cash and some e channels. Do you understand now?

Now I can boldly say you no dey live for Nigeria.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by omonnakoda: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Again, we can agree to disagree. To you it's trash, I am only responsible for what I say not what you understand.
I haven't said cash should be eliminated but the truth is whether you like it or not, there would have been much less people at the atms if mobile money has been implemented properly. Not everybody on the queue was going to buy 50 Naira pepper some were going to buy much higher value and rather than queue for hours would gladly pay the 100 Naira charge.
I think what you say will make sense to a very tiny number of people.It bears no relationship to the reality on ground in Nigeria. It is make believe no matter how good it may sound in theory. Mobile money as you call it cannot be implemented without electricity.Your theory that there would be fewer people if mobile money had been properly implemented is something that makes sense to you no doubt.The reality is that implementation cannot happen in Nigeria for another 2 years if I am to be optimistic. The investment that needs to happen is not being prepared by anyone and so I really do not get your point. Are you describing something that is nice to do or have like good roads and constant electricity which will not happen for a while or something that you believe is immediately practicable
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by rottennaija(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

You really don't need to throw insults. It's not necessary. Are you really saying there is no other way to access money apart from physical withdrawals? When you pay at a supermarket with your atm, have you not accessed your money? When you transfer to a customer via mobile money, have you not accessed your money? Shortage of physical cash is not and cannot prevent people from having access to their money in this 21st century.

Our system has not gotten to that level yet. Our country still relies heavily on cash, most things are done with cash. You don't buy food via cashless means, you can't buy goat for Christmas through bank transfer. CBN has failed, stop defending them

4 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by virtual3xpert: 9:46am On Dec 25, 2016
cc dominique, puskin. It's going down!
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 25, 2016
ruggedtimi:
open mobile money outlet in nigeria shocked...have you asked yourself why you find Bureau d change only in highly secured places like an airport in nigeria. If you open mobile money outlet for one street in ph, na small boy go come collect all ur money with a small pistol.

If we keep thinking like this, we will never get there. We should be problem solvers. Security details would be beefed up. If other countries can do it, why can't Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by triplemmm3(f): 9:47am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

You really don't need to throw insults. It's not necessary. Are you really saying there is no other way to access money apart from physical withdrawals? When you pay at a supermarket with your atm, have you not accessed your money? When you transfer to a customer via mobile money, have you not accessed your money? Shortage of physical cash is not and cannot prevent people from having access to their money in this 21st century.
is it everybody that buy from supermarket?

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by fiyin47(m): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2016
bayelsaowei:
I hope you can pay bus conductors and taxis with via pos..i hope you can buy tomaotoes and other perishables via a pos...

Why do some people just wake up to support every suffering imposed on us all I can't understand...

Even with all the online avenues to transfer and receive cash in advanced countries people still can access their cash anyday anytime..

Please just shut the hell up if you have nothing more to say... angry angry

I wonder o
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by rottennaija(m): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Guy stop defending the indefensible. How many people will accept that? If 2 accept, the other 10 will not. They will not even let you know their account number.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by MicroBox: 9:48am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

We are no more blind supporters of this government economical policies..
I stand with Buhari anytime any day but we would not be blind to say or see what is real..
Your comments makes no sense because the cashless policy is hanging somewhere..

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 9:49am On Dec 25, 2016
rottennaija:

Our system has not gotten to that level yet. Our country still relies heavily on cash, most things are done with cash. You don't buy food via cashless means, you can't buy goat for Christmas through bank transfer. CBN has failed, stop defending them

Oga, read all my posts. I said CBN failed for not implementing mobile money so I don't understand whee you saw me defending CBN. What I have said is that since other channels are working, no one has deliberately prevented access to anyone's money

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by AlhajiSpray(m): 9:50am On Dec 25, 2016
patchsk:

I agree to all those including my love for my erosion ravaged eastern homeland.

Just accept that you are an Afonja.
Ok?
It won't hurt.

It won't hurt if you admit to being a man with a _penis will it? Look at this useless transexual claiming to be a woman! Any way you igbo boys are well known for engaging in homosexual activities for money so I'm not suprised!

Are you hunting for your fellow anus lovers! Ha ha!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated / A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion / 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.