Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,032 members, 7,803,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy (40039 Views)

How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by ozo13(m): 9:51am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga you need to calm down. Nobody is preventing anybody from having access to their money
Yes there is shortage of physical cash, people should use other channels, if you take your atm to a shop and pay via atm or you transfer money, it will still go. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money
CBN has focused so much on the Dollar issue this year that they have not expanded on their cashless policy. That is the real issue.

I posted this on an earlier thread,
What CBN needs to do is deepen the implementation of Mobile Money. In Kenya, once I have your phone number, I can transfer money to you. This also saves a lot of money in printing cash. Another option is to take advantage of cash based businesses and use them as mobile money agents. For example, I should be able to walk into a Petrol station or supermarket, deposit money in their account through their POS and they give me the cash equivalent. It will help this businesses reduce their cash calls and bank trips.
yeah that ur last sentence, some ppl are into d business.though u pay certain amount depending on d amount u wish to withdraw.like the business centre I used yesterday, below 5k u pay 150 naira btw 5-10k it is 200 and above 10k u pay 250 naira. grin
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by proffemi: 9:51am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

I have not said you can do it today that is why I have blamed CBN for not making a simple thing possible. I also had an experience at GTBank in Festac when money finished at the ATM. I am not saying it's a good thing rather am I advocating total elimination of cash transactions. What I am saying is that it is the cbn' s fault that there is a cash shortage but it is wrong to say they have denied us access to our money because it is not true

While advocating a cashless system, simply acknowledge that it is insane to make people suffer before getting their money. And remember, there are already cashless-friendly limits in place, e. g. 120k withdrawal limit. You don't need to muddle the point up by making endless references to what we all know is the ideal (future) setup.

And what do you mean by saying they haven't denied acccess to money? I went to an ATM go get some cash, and had to retreat home empty-handed. What do you call that?

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by SleekyPosh(m): 9:51am On Dec 25, 2016
grin
AlhajiSpray:

While rotten akpu, cockroach infested ugba and drinking fermented rats piss has caused your deficient brain matter to turn into mucus!

Useless anuofia!
grin

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by rottennaija(m): 9:51am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga you need to read well and it's not necessary to throw insults. We can agree to disagree. This not about supporting any policy or suffering. Check by Wednesday if you will still see those queues there. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money.

People need cash now, otherwise Wednesday. Alot can happen before Wednesday

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2016
rottennaija:

Guy stop defending the indefensible. How many people will accept that? If 2 accept, the other 10 will not. They will not even let you know their account number.

Exactly, that takes away 2 people out of 10 from the queue. That is 20 percent! Other channels will also take their share and we have less people at the atms. Vant you see the opportunity in this?

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by mfm04622: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2016
Knowledge9000:
I was in Kaduna, you should have seen the lines at the ATM machines, and within 3hrs, the money was finished and people almost broke the machines in anger. Anarchy is brewing in this country and the government visavis banks are foolishly making things worse by.....PREVENTING PEOPLE FROM TAKING THEIR OWN MONEY....THEIR OWN MONEY NOT STIPENDS! Let me tell you something this stubborn, heartless government...you can destroy the economy as much as you want, but if you dare try to prevent people from accessing their hard earned money under the hardship you have inflicted on us in this country, that's a call for anarchy. This is not APC or PDP, people are angry. This is just common sense! There is no doubt there is order from above to banks to limit cash withdrawals for liquidity reasons, if not...WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW? This has never happened before. We see this only happening in countries with failed economies as was seen in Greece where the government imposed austerity measures and limited cash withdrawals to control liquidity and reserve.

People like you should be invited to spend the holiday with DSS! Am sure your aim is to incite the public!

I work in the banking industry. There is shortage of cash. This is due to the fact that demand for cash is very high this time. The CBN also can't supply cash as banks have not been taking cash to CBN. The CBN act as bank to banks.

Did the CBN or others announced their is limit , the amount of money you have withdraw? No!

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:
[s]

Handsome bonobo monkey? With an assymetrical oblong skull, lion marks by his eyeballs and looking unshaved and dirty like your mama's stinking dusty vagina!

E be like say the tears wey my e slaps don dey cause you don dey block your eyes! Anumpam![/s]

Here we go again Afonja and obsession with female geniitalia. Women...over to you, reset this afonja brain! A product of single yorubaa mother. Do you know your real father? Not the man living with your mother.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by kutitosin(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2016
This convo is meaningless. How did banks prevent people from withdrawing? How can cash finishing in a machine be a way of preventing people from withdrawing? I've seen people insinuating silly things since Friday and I'm sure they are talking out of ignorance. Find any Fidelity Bank ATM within ur area and withdraw ur daily limit. If ur bank prevents u, open an accont with fidelitybank. Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by bolakale30(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Don't mind him. Asking me why I'm insulting him. My insult is justified for acting very stupid$
No bro, your insult was not justified. He did not at anytime insult you. There is no crime in another person having an opinion that is different from yours. Just my 2cents. Shalom bro. And merry christmas!

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by ademega(m): 9:53am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga you need to calm down. Nobody is preventing anybody from having access to their money
Yes there is shortage of physical cash, people should use other channels, if you take your atm to a shop and pay via atm or you transfer money, it will still go. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money
CBN has focused so much on the Dollar issue this year that they have not expanded on their cashless policy. That is the real issue.

What CBN needs to do is deepen the implementation of Mobile Money. In Kenya, once I have your phone number, I can transfer money to you. This also saves a lot of money in printing cash. Another option is to take advantage of cash based businesses and use them as mobile money agents. For example, I should be able to walk into a Petrol station or supermarket, deposit money in their account through their POS and they give me the cash equivalent. It will help this businesses reduce their cash calls and bank trips.
God bless you bro for this. I did this recently. I wanted to pay 10k for a product at a shop and I was in need of cash, I asked them to deduct 30k so that I could get 20k cash. That is how it should be. But most people don't even know this. I could see a guy yabin you up their, pls ignore him, he is ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by goodnick(m): 9:53am On Dec 25, 2016
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 9:53am On Dec 25, 2016
rottennaija:

People need cash now, otherwise Wednesday. Alot can happen before Wednesday

You are still not getting my point. There is a cash shortage which is absolutely cbn' s fault but as long as other channels are working, you can't say people are deliberately being prevented from accessing their money.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Osama10(m): 9:54am On Dec 25, 2016
virtual3xpert:

Christmas morning for that matter. Where's the love?

I just wonder what they are really celebrating self.

Definitely not Jesus Christ.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by MicroBox: 9:55am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Yes sir you can buy all those things once you have the person's account number. Mobile Money will do the transfer for you and they will get alert and you take your foods except they don't have an account number. Please note I said it is true there is shortage of cash but it is wrong to say they blocked access to people's money. CBN has failed to enlighten the populace to take advantage of several e-channels available and note that there are mobile money Services where you don't need internet on your phone.
You are sounding like a small boy..
Stop making fool of yourself.. enough my dear..
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 9:56am On Dec 25, 2016
ademega:

God bless you bro for this. I did this recently. I wanted to pay 10k for a product at a shop and I was in need of cash, I asked them to deduct 30k so that I could get 20k cash. That is how it should be. But most people don't even know this. I could see a guy yabin you up their, pls ignore him, he is ignorant

See, nice and easy. I was in Togo sometime last year and a Togolese colleague walked into a filling station wrote them a cheque and collected the cash equivalent although this was a private arrangement but the concept is the same

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by akaahs(m): 9:58am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Yes sir you can buy all those things once you have the person's account number. Mobile Money will do the transfer for you and they will get alert and you take your foods except they don't have an account number. Please note I said it is true there is shortage of cash but it is wrong to say they blocked access to people's money. CBN has failed to enlighten the populace to take advantage of several e-channels available and note that there are mobile money Services where you don't need internet on your phone.
pls guy just stop displaying u ignorance, hw can u achieve all ur claims in a country where the literacy level is very very low, hw many of our sms businesses own POS machines? How many of our people can conveniently carry out online transactions? Just shut-up
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 9:58am On Dec 25, 2016
MicroBox:

You are sounding like a small boy..
Stop making fool of yourself.. enough my dear..

See, as I told someone earlier, I am responsible for what I say and not what you understand. If you can't reason at my level whether higher or lower than yours, it is not my fault. We can agree to disagree. No need for insults.

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by NairaMaster1(m): 9:58am On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=1wolex85 post=52237877]

CBN has focused so much on the Dollar issue this y

How many shops have POS?
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by proffemi: 9:59am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

You are still not getting my point. There is a cash shortage which is absolutely cbn' s fault but as long as other channels are working, you can't say people are deliberately being prevented from accessing their money.

STOP SAYING THIS. People should get their money in the form in which it is useful. I personally carried out transactions worth hundreds of thousands of naira online this last week, but for other transactions, the appropriate tender is paper money. If you don't allow me get my money in that form, you are denying me access (notwithstanding the fact that I can do other transactions in cashless format).

4 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by patchsk(f): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

It won't hurt if you admit to being a man with a _penis will it? Look at this useless transexual claiming to be a woman! Any way you igbo boys are well known for engaging in homosexual activities for money so I'm not suprised!

Are you hunting for your fellow anus lovers! Ha ha!
Yes I agree.

Just accept the fact that you're an Afonjalistic bastaad offspring of ten men.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by AlhajiSpray(m): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2016
grin
tankara1010:

Here we go again Afonja and obsession with female geniitalia. Women...over to you, reset this afonja brain! A product of single yorubaa mother. Do you know your real father? Not the man living with your mother.

Time to cry don reach already? Ndo! By the way your ipob sister amaka is here stroking my strong _penis that I will use in _fucking away all that _stupid ipob nonsense you and the rest of your eastern goats have filled her brain with! After that I will feed her with xmas amala and ewedu and fresh palm wine!

Oya go and continue crying at okija! Swine!

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 10:00am On Dec 25, 2016
akaahs:

pls guy just stop displaying u ignorance, hw can u achieve all ur claims in a country where the literacy level is very very low, hw many of our sms businesses own POS machines? How many of our people can conveniently carry out online transactions? Just shut-up

So wait,The illiterates can use the atm but can't use mobile money? Just say you don't understand how mobile money works.

secondly, if all the literate people use other channels, there would be far less queues at the ATM.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by redsceptic: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

You appear not to know that 80% of Nigeria is unbanked.

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by greenermodels: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2016
mfm04622:

People like you should be invited to spend the holiday with DSS! Am sure your aim is to incite the public!

I work in the banking industry. There is shortage of cash. This is due to the fact that demand for cash is very high this time. The CBN also can't supply cash as banks have not been taking cash to CBN. The CBN act as bank to banks.

Did the CBN or others announced their is limit , the amount of money you have withdraw? No!
Guy, i paid cash to the bank and they don't even have a fraction of the cash for me to withdraw? thanks for telling us that most banks are in financial distress, i remembered that the head of the national deposit insurance commission said earlier this week that banks would need to capitalise to survive the recession. but who would buy bank shares when those that bought last time were badly burnt? Nigerian economy would crash starting from the banks, it's inevitable.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by mccoy47(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

Drug peddling inyamiri crew

undecided
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:03am On Dec 25, 2016
Ighoga898:
hope u people criticizing Mmm have seen now dat if everybody decides to withdraw money 4rm d bank at once it will lead to d eventual breakdown of it....

Anybody that compares mmm with banks is just plain daft undecided
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by patientzero: 10:03am On Dec 25, 2016
tankara1010:

E-pain 'am. He is boiling inside like over heated amala. Chai!
I actually did open the link you pasted and I wept for you...like literally wept.

How can you be proud that your forefathers were described AS THE BEST SLAVES??

Like seriously...the best slaves?

Please google 'breaking a horse' to understand how they beamed with pride at turning your 'free forefathers' into 'happy captives'

Haven't u wondered why native Indians weren't used as slaves in america? Infact it was rare to see an Indian slave...thats how strong their spirit is.

So you're proud that your forefathers were described as good dogs? Wow

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by stone07(m): 10:04am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:
This man u be serious mumu. Is it everybody that can buy things online with card or is it everything u need u can buy with card.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by abfalkolly(m): 10:04am On Dec 25, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Are you okay? I know you are an afonja. Didn't you see your fathers and mothers sitting on the ground INSIDE Ekiti bank to withdraw their money? What other ways to access your money if not through physical withdrawals and ATM? I don't know what is wrong with how you guys reason.
Wht exactly is your prob?

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 25, 2016
Knowledge9000:
I was in Kaduna, you should have seen the lines at the ATM machines, and within 3hrs, the money was finished and people almost broke the machines in anger. Anarchy is brewing in this country and the government visavis banks are foolishly making things worse by.....PREVENTING PEOPLE FROM TAKING THEIR OWN MONEY....THEIR OWN MONEY NOT STIPENDS! Let me tell you something this stubborn, heartless government...you can destroy the economy as much as you want, but if you dare try to prevent people from accessing their hard earned money under the hardship you have inflicted on us in this country, that's a call for anarchy. This is not APC or PDP, people are angry. This is just common sense! There is no doubt there is order from above to banks to limit cash withdrawals for liquidity reasons, if not...WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW? This has never happened before. We see this only happening in countries with failed economies as was seen in Greece where the government imposed austerity measures and limited cash withdrawals to control liquidity and reserve.

Layman's view.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 10:05am On Dec 25, 2016
proffemi:

STOP SAYING THIS. People should get their money in the form in which it is useful. I personally carried out transactions worth hundreds of thousands of naira online this last week, but for other transactions, the appropriate tender is paper money. If you don't allow me get my money in that form, you are denying me access (notwithstanding the fact that I can do other transactions in cashless format).

Oga, I will say what I want to say. If more people use other channels there will be less people at the ATM. You guys are talking like this is the first time long queues are appearing at atms, it happens every Xmas maybe not to the extent of this year and if the people at CBN think like the way most of you are thinking it will still happen next year

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by APCmyheart(m): 10:06am On Dec 25, 2016
PresidentAtiku:
And just to imagine that this government's supporters AKA Zombies were 'yabbing' MMM for freezing. With all the NDIC,CBN regulations over the banks, who is the real scammer now
How daft can you and the OP be? so money no dey finish nside ATM? Na only one Machine dey? Una no serious...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated / Herbert Wigwe's Cryptic Post Hints At ‘End Of Life’ / Step By Steps To Open Fiverr Account And Create Best Selling Gigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.