Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? (61196 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by vboss(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2016
SANTA LEARNING ABOUT THE TRUTH cool cool

8 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by emsheddy(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2016
degemstone:
Jehovah witness are the best form of Christianity to me. i love the way they approach people and the way they talk about the kingdom of God.
Try inviting them to a church program or giving them a tract or handbill and see the kind of disgust they will display! Trust me bro you have no idea how those folks treat anything with christianity attached to it, as long as it is not JW related!

5 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by VictorRomanov: 11:57am On Dec 25, 2016
ajalawole:
and those idiots can celebrate dea birthday.

this is just an ignorant statement. The witnesses don't celebrate birthdays either.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by rickyrex(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2016
Child birth brings happiness to every family...even the non delivers still share in the birth of christ.. The truth is that jahova witness has no tangible reason to justify why they don't celebrate xmas.. But they do wedding and merry over it. If we can mark his death we should also mark his birth
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by monemsis(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2016
Aniedi30:
Make I go borrow sense from way? When the person that rules u no get sense.. I know were u coming from ,one of them so attack
nobody is attacking anybody .. Make Ur mind do d justice wink

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 25, 2016
emsheddy:
The fact that you do not believe in something doesn't make it WRONG. I like how the O.P ended the write-up. Learn to respect other people's believes! Merry X-mas folks!

You will rather remain ignorant just to keep eating rice and chicken on the 25th than research if truly the origin of xmas is associated with the pagan god. Many of u are follow follow zombies. If your daddy G.O's approve the celebration of something, its ok even if it's contrary to biblical teachings.

How many of u are even taught the deep truths in the bible? Instead you spend the whole day casting and binding and preaching prosperity and tithing

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Draei: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2016
mtcheeeew, rubbish.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by martineverest(m): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2016
their reason is genuine....christmas is idolatory

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2016
ajebuter:
Proudly JW....
make we phuck
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by martineverest(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
ajalawole:
dont insult them .they dont celebrate birthdays

4 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Polyestar(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
Not only Jws but some other churches too don't celebrate Xmas.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Draei: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:

You will rather remain ignorant just to keep eating rice and chicken on the 25th than research if truly the origin of xmas is associated with the pagan god. Many of u are follow follow zombies. If your daddy G.O's approve the celebration of something, its ok even if it's contrary to biblical teachings.

How many of u are even taught the deep truths in the bible? Instead you spend the whole day casting and binding and preaching prosperity and tithing
If this was the way you were taught
about the Bible then i cease to be a Christian.
You can't force your baseless opinion on others.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Debbime(f): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
Really Have you seen on of the idiots celebrating his or hers?

ajalawole:

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
emsheddy:
Try inviting them to a church program or giving them a tract or handbill and see the kind of disgust they will display! Trust me bro you have no idea how those folks treat anything with christianity attached to it, as long as it is not JW related!

Why would they accept an invitation to where ignorance is taught instead of the real teachings of the bible. What will they learn in churches if not how to cast and bind their enemies instead of loving every one as themselves. What will they learn than useless prophesies and predictions from your bet9ja pastors?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by shammah1(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
I agree with them on that

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Polyestar(m): 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
davide470:
Sigh!

The point is, instead of allowing people celebrate a Pagan god, as we all know Jesus wasn't born on a Dec. 25th, why not overide it with his birthday, thereby technically fading off the pagan's religion.

All these factions here and there. I can't wait for Jesus to come back sef, then we will all know who is correct grin

They don't celebrate it. Mind your tone, boy
Good idea!
But where in the bible did Christ say to celebrate his birthday?

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
Iboreb:
Sad they'll miss out

Lol what are they missing out on?....Na Chicken and rice them no dey chop before? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Debbime(f): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Despite reading the write up you still cannot understand the reason the don't? How pathetic..............

rickyrex:
Child birth brings happiness to every family...even the non delivers still share in the birth of christ.. The truth is that jahova witness has no tangible reason to justify why they don't celebrate xmas.. But they do wedding and merry over it. If we can mark his death we should also mark his birth

8 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Draei:

If this was the way you were taught
about the Bible then i cease to be a Christian.
You can't force your baseless opinion on others.

I am not a christain but a realist. Comparing and contrasting the sanity in the Christian worlds, Jehovah's witnesses are the only sane group out there

12 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Did God instruct us to call other Christians sinners? Did God instruct us never to marry from non Jw christians? I ask d Jw's in ď house dis questions....finally i wanna add dat der r numerous tins we celebrate or mark in dis world dat are not in the bible e.g our individual birthdays, marriage anniversary to mention a few... bt we celebrate dem anyway...december 25th may coincide with a pagan festivity date bt the Christmas i celebrate is in the heart...christmas means wateva u want it to mean to u in ur heart....aint nothing bad in setting aside a date to commemorate the birth of d saviour of the world......my 2kobo

7 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by sabi99(m): 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
Ds people sef. They don't celebrate xmas because its origin is rooted in paganism y then do they engage in olympics and other indoor/outdoor sporting activities because its origin is rooted in paganism too. The olympic games originated from ancient greece and they perform it in the honor of their god zeus. So they should stop watching and engaging in anything olympics cos of its origin.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by maximunimpact(m): 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
ajebuter:
Proudly JW....

i was once like this until i discovered the many versions of teachings surrounding 1914!

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by femi4: 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
degemstone:
Jehovah witness are the best form of Christianity to me. i love the way they approach people and the way they talk about the kingdom of God.
Really, a group of people that doesnt mingle with others yet tried to force their believe on you.

They don't marry outsider

They don't celebrate their achievements e.g birthdays

They don't believe in the word "Church"

They ascribe only "Jehovah" to God's name as if the rest of His names are weak

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by nathan5050(m): 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
And some people will not go in depth research just as they've borrowed dem small sense. The fact that a candy is found in the gutter doesn't make it edible and healthy to consume . Make research, read and try to apply common sense. You don't live a life because u were bred in a trend, it could be unhealthy to one's relationship with his maker.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by stancod(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Browsenigeria:
Common misconceptions
Myth: The reason why Jehovah’s Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas is that they do not believe in Jesus.

Fact: We are Christians. We believe that salvation comes only through Jesus Christ.—Acts 4:12.

Myth: You divide families by teaching members not to celebrate Christmas.

Fact: We care deeply about families, and we use the Bible to help build stronger families.

Myth: You miss out on the “Christmas spirit” of generosity, peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.

Fact: We strive to be generous and peaceable every day. (Proverbs 11:25; Romans 12:18) For example, the way we conduct our meetings and preach is in harmony with Jesus’ instruction: “You received free, give free.” (Matthew 10:cool In addition, we direct attention to God’s Kingdom as the true hope for peace on earth.—Matthew 10:7.

Why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses celebrate Christmas?
Jesus commanded that we commemorate his death, not his birth.—Luke 22:19, 20.
Jesus’ apostles and early disciples did not celebrate Christmas. The New Catholic Encyclopedia says that “the Nativity feast was instituted no earlier than 243 [C.E.],” more than a century after the last of the apostles died.
There is no proof that Jesus was born on December 25; his birth date is not recorded in the Bible.
We believe that Christmas is not approved by God because it is rooted in pagan customs and rites.—2 Corinthians 6:17.
Why make Christmas an issue?
Many still celebrate Christmas despite knowing about its pagan roots and lack of support from the Bible. Such persons could ask: Why should Christians take such an unpopular stance? Why make it an issue?

The Bible encourages us to think for ourselves, to use our “power of reason.” (Romans 12:1, 2) It teaches us to value the truth. (John 4:23, 24) So while we are interested in how others view us, we adhere to Bible principles even if it means that we become unpopular.

Although we choose not to celebrate Christmas ourselves, we respect each person’s right to decide for himself in this matter. We do not interfere in the Christmas celebrations of others.

Bros that's not a problem. A witness is here enjoying himself with me. All nah love
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Draei: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:

I am not a christain but a realist. Comparing and contrasting the sanity in the Christian worlds, Jehovah's witnesses are the only sane group out there
Now you see, thats your own opinion, A realist
should be able to base his facts on a particular experience
in the real world, i.e knowledge from experience. Am
sure more than 50% will disagree with your last
sentence..

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by sabi99(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Ds people sef. The are against d celebration of xmas because d origin is rooted in paganism y then do they engage in olympics and other indoor/outdoor sporting activities because its origin is rooted in paganism too. The olympic games originated from ancient greece and they perform it in the honor of their god zeus. So they should stop watching and engaging in anything olympics cos of its origin.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by driy65(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:

stop taking ur frustration on others..if christians decide to celebrate xmas on new yam festival day hw is it ur busibess?.. the question shud be are we celebrating the day or christ our lord? abeg make i go chop chicken no use ur own spoil ma own

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
martineverest:
dont insult them .they dont celebrate birthdays
i dated a witness dey may not throw parties bt believe me dey do mark der birthdays...i experienced many although coded...its hypocritical

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
notice the people saying the best Christians are Jehovah witnesses are not even Christians?
some are atheists (satanist actually)
gagewonda:
i dated a witness dey may not throw parties bt believe me dey do mark der birthdays...i experienced many although coded...its hypocritical

JWs are the worst hypocrites. Even worse than muslims.
Fornication is encouraged provided it is within

5 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
emsheddy:
The fact that you do not believe in something doesn't make it WRONG. I like how the O.P ended the write-up. Learn to respect other people's believes! Merry X-mas folks!

Just as op pointed out, u could have shown prove from the bible too if op was wrong. U forgot where op said, rather don follow the billions walking blindly, he will rather walk alone on d right path...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ozubulu Anambra Catholic Church Killing Of Worshippers: Aftermath Video (Graphic / Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) / Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.