Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 (1410 Views)

How To Make An Email Service Like Gmail And Yahoo. / Bulk Email Service Provider In India / Can I Backdate An Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 by francollimasso: 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
am developing a complaint system with the following requirement:

Develop a complaint management system with the following features:

ADMIN
View all complains, Support Team member & Supervisor in charge
Create, Retrieve, Update & Delete Support Team member.
Assign any pending complain to Support Team member/supervisor

SUPPORT PERSONNEL
View complains assigned.
Work on Complain and update its Status

SUPERVISOR
View complains assigned.

CLIENT
Create complain.
View complain status & Complains History.

MAIL NOTIFICATION
The system should keep the parties involved updated via mails; from inception of the Complain Log to its completion.

i have developed everything except the MAIL Notification, mail notification is giving me sleepless night, i want a situation where a complaint is created an email should be sent.

help a brother please.
Re: How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 by Haykinz18: 1:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
francollimasso:
am developing a complaint system with the following requirement:

Develop a complaint management system with the following features:

ADMIN
View all complains, Support Team member & Supervisor in charge
Create, Retrieve, Update & Delete Support Team member.
Assign any pending complain to Support Team member/supervisor

SUPPORT PERSONNEL
View complains assigned.

SUPERVISOR
View complains assigned.

CLIENT
Create complain.
View complain status & Complains History.

MAIL NOTIFICATION
The system should keep the parties involved updated via mails; from inception of the Complain Log to its completion.

i have developed everything except the MAIL Notification, mail notification is giving me sleepless night, i want a situation where a complaint is created an email should be sent.

help a brother please.

What Programming language are you using for development?

I'm not sure if this is what you want but try and check these resources

Free help desk tools HINT: Check their source code on how they implemented mail verification.

Email Notification Script
Re: How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 by francollimasso: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2016
Haykinz18:

What Programming language are you using for development?

I'm not sure if this is what you want but try and check these resources

Free help desk tools HINT: Check their source code on how they implemented mail verification.

Email Notification Script

thanks, am using c#, mvc5, code first migration

1 Like

Re: How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 by elfico(m): 8:23am On Dec 27, 2016
I would suggest that

1. You can use SMTP client class to send the email in the same code that is creating complaints.

e.g
CreatComplaint();
SendMailNotification();

2. Alternatively, if you have access to virtual machine, you could make the EmailNotifcations a window service that runs every 10 seconds (or how you want it). Then, whenever you creat a complaint, a notification is also created and stored in the database and after a few seconds, the windows service retrieves the notification from the database and sends it.

This is my 2 kobo. There may be other ways.
Re: How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 by francollimasso: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
elfico:
I would suggest that

1. You can use SMTP client class to send the email in the same code that is creating complaints.

e.g
CreatComplaint();
SendMailNotification();

2. Alternatively, if you have access to virtual machine, you could make the EmailNotifcations a window service that runs every 10 seconds (or how you want it). Then, whenever you creat a complaint, a notification is also created and stored in the database and after a few seconds, the windows service retrieves the notification from the database and sends it.

This is my 2 kobo. There may be other ways.

thanks, I prefer option 1, can you explain better how to do it, or give me resources to aid
Re: How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 by Raypawer(m): 11:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
what exactly do you mean by email service here?

did you mean sending email with asp.net mvc5 or after a customer sends a complaint, just like gmail or any other mail, the users get an instant notification, if the later is the case, you have to use asp.net mvc with smtp class, then for your front end use React Js, it will render real time just like twitter...
Re: How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 by francollimasso: 11:35am On Dec 29, 2016
Raypawer:
what exactly do you mean by email service here?

did you mean sending email with asp.net mvc5 or after a customer sends a complaint, just like gmail or any other mail, the users get an instant notification, if the later is the case, you have to use asp.net mvc with smtp class, then for your front end use React Js, it will render real time just like twitter...
Thanks, I meant the later, I was thinking there should be a mailer that I can get through nugget, & just use it just like pagedlist in nugget package
Re: How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 by Raypawer(m): 1:06am On Dec 30, 2016
don't rely on nuget in this case though there are packages 'react.js', 'React.Web.Mvc4', rather brush up on react js, tutorials/articles on using asp.net mvc with react js, that will make things easier for you than just nuget

francollimasso:

Thanks, I meant the later, I was thinking there should be a mailer that I can get through nugget, & just use it just like pagedlist in nugget package
Re: How Do I Use An Email Service In MVC5 by Whytelyon(m): 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
Most email services are reliant on SSL /TLS and hence you are gonna be having a hard time with something like this except you using other third party services maybe like mercury and the likes Gmail AuthSMTP these days require some very stupid verification systems which I deem as bullshit. But what ever be the case, you have outlook, you can just enable notifications and that's all, no need re inventing the wheel.

(1) (Reply)

Hivazinc Technology: We Hit Top 10 Tech Company In Africa / Which Most Demanding I.T/ Tech Skills One Can Learn? / Help Needed In Java Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.