Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:01 PM

Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed (70570 Views)

Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by EdifiedCEO: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2016
Nigerian Pastor Disguised As A Beggar, Went To His Own Church And He Gets Snubbed By His Members

The Senior Pastor of TK heritage church, Lawrence Onochie disguised himself as a beggar to the church he pastors.. and he sat in the middle of the congregation.. No one recognized him.

So, a call was made from the altar that each brethren should invite someone they didn’t know in the church to spend Christmas with them!

No one came to “the beggar”, no one invited him, no one wanted to Identify with him.. and then he walked to the altar and addressed the congregation.

Onome (@Onome_tsd) on Istagram who witnessed the scene First-hand shared the story, below is what she wrote:

My pastor, the senior pastor of @tkheritage, @lawrenceonochie was in the congregation today dressed like a nonentity, a nobody, a beggar and no one recognized him. When the call was made to invite someone they didn’t know to spend #Christmas with them. No one came to him, no one invited him because no one wanted to identify with him.

That’s the world we live in. We relate to those we feel are in the same social class with us and despise the needy, the hungry and extend help only to those who already have. That’s not what Christmas/Christianity is about. It is about caring for those in need, strangers, the despised.

Change your heart today and focus on what matters and what counts. Ask your self what would God do? Will God despise you when you are hungry, when you need shelter, when you are lonely, when you are sick?

People matter to God, let people also matter to you. Stop to help a stranger, put a smile on someone’s face. Christianity is not a talk. It is in the doing.

Merry #christmas #love #care #sharing

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/nigerian-pastor-disguised-as-beggar.html

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by chiefolododo(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2016
Shame on the members, all of them

142 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by ramdris(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2016
That simply means all the Pastor have been preaching was not worked upon....I think he should step up his game by talking more abt salvation and not cash...

277 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by fotadmowmend(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2016
Jesus self talk am

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by adonbilivit: 7:58am On Dec 26, 2016
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by dorry62(f): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2016
So touching.

chiefolododo:
Shame on the members, all of them
You should ask urself if you'd had done same before shaming the members.
And i ain't excusing their behaviour.We always quick in condeming others.

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by eezeribe(m): 7:59am On Dec 26, 2016
I AM NOT SUPRISED.The Christianity practiced in Nigeria is not the one founded by Jesus christ;Rather it is the one founded by the respective General overseers and Bishops.A "religion" where a pastor has three private jets and people in his church have to trek to and fro for service because they can't pay their transport fare... That one is a club and not a church.
Most times after Sunday service, you would see people trooping out of their churches, singing hymns and holding bibles in their hands, but they won't even take notice of the beggars seated by the gate,Talk more of giving one naira...
The only things Nigerian churches teach and practice are paying of Tithe, sowing seed,Thanksgiving offering.
VIRTUES SUCH AS HUMILITY, EMPATHY, FORGIVENESS, MEEKNESS, KINDNESS, etc have been deleted from the Teachings of Nigerian churches.
Even the pastor that disguised as a begger would still neglect a real begger when he comes across one,because he would be occupied with thinking of how much money to generate from Tithe.
I am a "christian" but RELIGION STILL REMAINS THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES

190 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:02am On Dec 26, 2016
this is exactly how most Nigerians behave upon all the preaching! SMH

even jobs too, they take 10 vacant jobs and give to a person who already has, and leave out the one who has nada.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nutase: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2016
You can't blame them. The level of insecurity in the country makes it hard to trust a stranger now. lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by LordIsaac(m): 8:18am On Dec 26, 2016
VeeVeeMyLuv:
this is exactly how most Nigerians behave upon all the preaching! SMH

even jobs too, they take 10 vacant jobs and give to a person who already has, and leaved out the one who has nada.
The thing is, even when you force their eyes to see these things, they become willfully blind....I'm not surprised because Christ himself said: " except your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no wise enter therein." May God deliver us; as all I see in our churches today are mere firewood for hell. For if it is the same heaven the old saints suffered for, were crucified for, were dragged by horses into pieces for, were scourged for, we feel we can enter into with such laxity and laissez faire attitude, I pity us. Apostle Paul re affirmed that, "yea, ALL that must live godly in Christ must suffer persecution." Christianity is a cross, not pleasure...I wish we can come to that consciousness!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by orisa37: 8:21am On Dec 26, 2016
We think Atheists make sense but God always despises them!!!
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Chanchit: 8:34am On Dec 26, 2016
truth be told, I won't also invite that man dresses like that cos only people on drugs dress like that in my area.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by sayitout1: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2016
Even Onome despised the pastor cos she abi na him was also a part of the congregation.

Let me also correct that impression you have that the essence of Christmas is to take care of the poor. NO!!!

The scripture said "the poor you'll always have with you" therefore as Christian (Christ-like mind, we should strive to care for the poor @ all time) but we can't eradicate the poor or proverty cos it's a thing of the mind.

Brother, Christmas/Christ as part of what he came for was to ERADICATE poverty & not to take care of the poor cos it's the handy work of the devil.

Luke 4: 17-21
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears

Christ also gave solutions (e.g read Psalm 1 from vs 1 to the end) toward eradicating poverty but we have the choice to make

Matthew 11:1-5

1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.

2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,

3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:

5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

6And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by DIKEnaWAR: 8:37am On Dec 26, 2016
It is an attestation to his failure as a pastor and he shouldn't blame his members. He has not been teaching them the act of giving to the poor, rather he teaches them to pay only tithe and money to himself. He does not teach them the greatest commendment thus; love thy neighbour as thyself.

He failed as a pastor.

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Marotzke(m): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
I AM NOT SUPRISED.The Christianity practiced in Nigeria is not the one founded by Jesus christ;Rather it is the one founded by the respective General overseers and Bishops.A "religion" where a pastor has three private jets and people in his church have to trek to and fro for service because they can't pay their transport fare... That one is a club and not a church.
Most times after Sunday service, you would see people trooping out of their churches, singing hymns and holding bibles in their hands, but they won't even take notice of the beggars seated by the gate,Talk more of giving one naira...
The only things Nigerian churches teach and practice are paying of Tithe, sowing seed,Thanksgiving offering.
VURTUES SUCH AS HUMILITY, EMPATHY, FORGIVENESS, MEEKNESS, KINDNESS, etc have been deleted from the Teachings of Nigerian churches.
Even the pastor that disguised as a begger would still neglect a real begger when he comes across one,because he would be occupied with thinking of how much money to generate from Tithe.
I am a "christian" but RELIGION STILL REMAINS THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES
Fallacy of hasty assumption. It did not happen in Nigeria.
Even when you saw the so called beggar dressed for the cold weather, your fixation on Nigeria still did not leave you . Haba!

Them swear for you? See ranting and foaming in the mouth?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by iluvdonjazzy: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2016
i said it, going to church does not make one a christian but a CHURCH GOER, just do what the bible teaches u will make heaven

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Agimor(m): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2016
Most Christians in this part of the world are only giving mouth service to God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by sarrki(m): 9:01am On Dec 26, 2016
Men are worshiper of men

They claim to serve God

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Fairgodwin(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2016
I read and heard something exactly like this a few years back. It was done by an American pastor then.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by emmanuel596(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2016
This is a real pastor not those ones who wear suits that looks like it was made in a printing press...let's learn to love the less preveledge ones
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2016
Shame on the memeber they need to be there brother keeper in order news .. nairaland romance section is holding a party beach party is going to be fun and intresting... let make dis happen... u can check my signature for more information is going to be fun and intresting pld don't miss it
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by dhamstar(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2016
They claimed to love God but cannot love man they could see. HYPOCRISY EVERYWHERE.

Btw, Check My Signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 26, 2016
Ghandi once said- I love your Christ, but hate your Christianity..

Hypocrisy is the order of the day in most religion homes now.

People go to church to impress other with their new clothes, shoes etc.

How many pastor, and members are following the true doctrine of Christ?

I won't blame them,end time is here.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by seguno2: 9:21am On Dec 26, 2016
Is it not a reflection of what he preaches?
Personal prosperity at all costs.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by haywire07(m): 9:22am On Dec 26, 2016
ramdris:
That simply means all the Pastor have been preaching was not worked upon....I think he should step up his game by talking more abt salvation and not cash...

You are dumb

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by AntiWailer: 9:22am On Dec 26, 2016
Ok na
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 26, 2016
At least the pastor tried to see if what he was teaching was working. Most will just chop.money and go

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Hades2016(m): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2016
Na waha ooooo rich Christians now adays don't care about the poor what a shame cry
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by philfrey08: 9:23am On Dec 26, 2016
It's his fault....

He didn't lead his flock well to serve humanity and help the less privileged.

Pastors preach money and class these days...
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Padipadi(m): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2016
That's the typical people in Church. All Christians, practice agape love.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by ajbf: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Haa!
He has a lot of work (preaching) to do. Nowadays, people prefer to give tithe to their "church" than to help the needy and poor into the society and even in the church.
Early church and Christ did not preach tithe oooooioi
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by wunmi590(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RCCG Suspends Pastor Over Pasuma’s Invitation / Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.