Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) (45110 Views)

Enugu Law School Student Dies Of Cardiac Arrest While Jogging(Disturbing Photos) / Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) / All You Need To Know About Sudden Cardiac Arrest That Causes Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by yinkus204(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
Make God save us oo from any heart diseases

2 Likes

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by sainty2k3(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
I will explain later, when I'm back home
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by belamour(m): 7:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
Op

Add Up Spiritual Attack

Doctor In Dah House Got Nothing To Say

Call Out On Those Victims

He Who Wear Shoes Knows Where It Pinch
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by henrydadon(m): 7:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
hmm
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by MrIcredible: 7:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
grin
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by YhungPablo(m): 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Viewing this topic: lalasticlala ( m ),
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
I heard a person coming down with a heart attack can help him/her self before help comes by breathing in, holding it for a while then breath out, how true is this doctors in the house
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by fof1: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
jmoore:
Unfaithful Men Are More Likely to Have Heart Attacks

Men who cheat on their wives are more likely to suffer "sudden coital death" when meeting with his lover outside of his home than when he was with his wife, according to Italian researchers.

WHY?
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by RetroBoy: 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
Heart attacks occur when the heart muscle (myocarium) becomes injured due to inadequate blood supply. This can be due to narrowing and stiffening of the arteries supplying the heart, or much work done by the heart.
Patients typically complain of a heavy, crushing or tearing pain in the central chest which may radiate to the arm, neck or jaw. There may be associated shortness of breath and sweating. It may go away or if a large portion of the heart muscle is affected, result in a cardiac arrest/death.
Patients are usually men in their 50s, hypertensive, diabetic ,obese, heavy smokers or alcoholics. It may however occur in people without these lifestyle risks.

3 Likes

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by RetroBoy: 7:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
2dugged:
I heard a person coming down with a heart attack can help him/her self before help comes by breathing in, holding it for a while then breath out, how true is this doctors in the house
A person suffering from a myocardial infarction (heart attack) should be sat up in the upright position and taken ASAP to a hospital. Any local or home-based therapy is not likely to be beneficial

1 Like

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by jmoore(m): 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by HomeOfMe(f): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
adebayo201:
Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest and Stroke are three heart defects that can affect anybody especially those in mid-thirsty upward.

The picture below, shows the symptoms of these different heart diseases.

Doctors in the house, what sayth thee
I think the smartest thing to do is to check our bp and other relevant test regularly,at least once in a month.

1 Like

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by bobbybrown007: 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
adebayo201:
Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest and Stroke are three heart defects that can affect anybody especially those in mid-thirsty upward.

The picture below, shows the symptoms of these different heart diseases.

Doctors in the house, what sayth thee
heart attack is when all your money and everything is been spent on your Virgin girl frnd you come home and see her with another guy making love, stroke is when she tells you that it was the devils hand work then the worst is when she says that it won't happen again that is what I call
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by timota(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
If mmm does not come back by January u will hear more of these diseases in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by RetroBoy: 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
A cardiac arrest means either the heart has stopped beating or is beating in such a disorganized fashion that it isn't pumping enough blood to the body.
Symptoms range from palpitations (due to the fast and irregular beating of the heart), dizziness and lightheadedness (inadequate blood supply to the brain), unconsciousness and death(the brain can only survive for about 4/minutes without adequate blood supply before it becomes irreversibly damaged).
There are many causes of a cardiac arrest, from blood loss, complications of heart disease, electrolyte abnormalities, trauma. It is important to identity the cause promptly as it may be reversible with cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Gwan2(m): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
RetroBoy:
Heart attacks occur when the heart muscle (myocarium) becomes injured due to inadequate blood supply. This can be due to narrowing and stiffening of the arteries supplying the heart, or much work done by the heart.
Patients typically complain of a heavy, crushing or tearing pain in the central chest which may radiate to the arm, neck or jaw. There may be associated shortness of breath and sweating. It may go away or if a large portion of the heart muscle is affected, result in a cardiac arrest/death.
Patients are usually men in their 50s, hypertensive, diabetic ,obese, heavy smokers or alcoholics. It may however occur in people without these lifestyle risks.
If my perception of you serves me right, you are a medical expert... Do u knw much on angina pectoris, its medication other than what I wii read on the internet....If u do pls expantiate.....Tnx
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by HomeOfMe(f): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
hrykanu231:
What are their remedies?
go for regular checks,exercise and eat more of fruits,vegetables.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by bornmekus: 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
very bad.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by iluvpomo(m): 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
jmoore:
Unfaithful Men Are More Likely to Have Heart Attacks

Men who cheat on their wives are more likely to suffer "sudden coital death" when meeting with his lover outside of his home than when he was with his wife, according to Italian researchers.
did your pastor tell you this one grin
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by GGirll: 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
Eat more of vegetables, take enough water and avoid excess oil intake that has high cholesterol, eat less of eggs at least one egg in a week, workout, rest when tired, sleep @ 8 hours, avoid sugary fod like ice-creams etc,instead of canned juices or drinks buy raw fruits and eat especially water melon, spinach,cucumber,pawpaw,oranges etc, eat balanced diet and do routine check up on your BMI, sugar level check cholesterol level check and live right especially having Jesus as your best friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Spainze007(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
Are u a doctor? If yes pls tell us more... Am following

EVILFOREST:
Ok.
Well said .
Although HEART ATTACK usually precedes CARDIAC ARREST.

STROKE can lead to HEART ATTACK leads to CARDIAC ARREST.

Usually if cardiac arrest is not resuscitated, the person goes into immediate PULSELESS ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY which now leads to DEATH.

The PATIENT can be pronounced DEAD after 1hr of active resuscitation.

They mostly occur within a very short/transient time
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by firstclassmumu: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
farmer99:
may God safe us from all these disorder
moscobabs:
I reject these ailments for all Nairaland members and their families in Jesus name.

For those that has any of these presently, I pray that Almighty Allah (Al-Raman) heal them .

Like to claim this prayer
moscobabs:
I reject these ailments for all Nairaland members and their families in Jesus name.

For those that has any of these presently, I pray that Almighty Allah (Al-Raman) heal them .

moscobabs:

awon prayer warrior
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Rinsola32(f): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2016
histemple:
I believe this thread will be helpful to most people at this period.
Please, more education on how to avoid it, will be appreciated.

Seconded!
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Rawzy(m): 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2016
Causes of Cardiac arrest and heart attack can be attributed to High blood pressure,its symptom can be*SEVER LOST OF MEMORY,WEIGHT LOSS AND SHORTAGE OF BLOOD FLOW*it can lead to instant death or paralysis:STROKE unlike heart attack is a major challenge that faces people of 30Year and above,it is of 3 types*left brain stroke*:when the left brain is affected;the right side of the body is paralysed,*right brain satroke* when the right brain is affected;the left side of the body is paralysed: *sterm cell stroke* it affectes all the cells and nurones of the brain and causes ceasure of blood from the heart to the brain,STROKE CAN ALSO BE INHERITED, ALL OF THEM CAUSES PARALYSIS,DEATH,LOSS OF APITITE, MEMORY LOSS, ETC(MANY AT TIMES IT CAN I MEAN*STROKE* CAN ALSO BE PROJECTED BY EVIL PEOPLE)I HAVE HAD A VICTIME OF SUCH,BUT ABOVE ALL;God is the greastest

1 Like

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
RetroBoy:

A person suffering from a myocardial infarction (heart attack) should be sat up in the upright position and taken ASAP to a hospital. Any local or home-based therapy is not likely to be beneficial
ok thanks
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
fof1:

WHY?
Because there is increase APPREHENSION that overwhelms them while in the act.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by mejai(m): 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
Life4Varnity:
May we never be a victim of any
but if am to ask
which one kills faster
i need someone to enlighten me
thanks
who u wan kill dis period for ya village ?
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by royalfamily(m): 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2016
Me, my family and each and everyone of us reading this reject it in Jesus name...
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by satowind(m): 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
Stroke is not a heart disease
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Drphemmy4u: 8:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
have your blood pressure checked often,control weight,cut down fat intake,quit smoking and reduce alcohol intake,avoid hard drugs (they can cause stroke in a very young man),exercise even if its brisk walking of 30mins daily.Stay healthy.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Burgerlomo: 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
chrisxxx:
In all do 30 Chest compressions followed by 2 mouth breaths as a means of resuscitation.

The proper way and the exact place to do the 30 chest compressions, and how to tilt the chin to give 2 breaths

1 Like

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
I lost an uncle to cardiac last month, and it's the worst kind of ailment that can happen to anyone. You just have some minutes to handle the emergency, and I read that when some people pull through, they become brain dead.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

276 New COVID-19 Cases, 74 Discharged And 16 Deaths On May 26 - (1741 Tested) / I Did An Abortion , Please Help / The Mango Seed I Accidentally Swallowed Has Been Expelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.