Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg (1067 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by blueyedgeek(m): 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
See how stupid that sounds?

Becoming an agnostic / atheist is and still remains a personal decision. One doesn't denounce religion /deities/the supernatural solely because someone else you have great respect for/admire is treading the same path (anybody who becomes an agnostic/atheist solely by following someone else needs to deeply reflect and re-evaluate their reasons for becoming agnostic/atheist in the first place)

So, Mark Zuckerberg says he's not an atheist - - great! His choice of beliefs has never been the driving factor for agnostics/atheists and it doesn't change anything for existing agnostics/atheists.

In the end, what matters is that you stay true to yourself.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by felixomor: 4:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
blueyedgeek:
See how stupid that sounds?

Becoming an agnostic / atheist is and still remains a personal decision. One doesn't denounce religion /deities/the supernatural solely because someone else you have great respect for/admire is treading the same path (anybody who becomes an agnostic/atheist solely by following someone else needs to deeply reflect and re-evaluate their reasons for becoming agnostic/atheist in the first place)

So, Mark Zuckerberg says he's not an atheist - - great! His choice of beliefs has never been the driving factor for agnostics/atheists and it doesn't change anything for existing agnostics/atheists.

In the end, what matters is that you stay true to yourself.

Hmmmm......

We hear u

3 Likes

Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by xendra: 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
a whole bag of stupid!!

why'd you even have to make a topic out of it!!
Nigerians!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by blueyedgeek(m): 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
xendra:
a whole bag of stupid!!

Nigerians!!
Merry Christmas to you too.

I created this thread because I had something to say about the issue. Another reason is, creating new threads is free and it's the season of sharing so I decided, f**k it, I'm gonna share my thoughts on this issue.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by notjonbellion(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
xendra:
a whole bag of stupid!!

Nigerians!!
Thank you!
Such a large amount of stupid in a single continent
Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by Splinz(m): 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2016
And what exactly is the need for this thread

Oh I see. This thread is fueled by apprehension of a possible mass renouncement of atheism spurs by Mark- a leading former atheist. Truth is, there're lots of so-called atheists out there who became one solely because someone like Mark is an atheist.

Op calm down. We know your numbers are dwindling by the day, as such, you feared the worse- a possible mass exodus with no one to called 'fellow'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by notjonbellion(m): 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
blueyedgeek:

Merry Christmas to you too.

I created this thread because I had something to say about the issue. Another reason is, creating new threads is free and it's the season of sharing so I decided, f**k it, I'm gonna share my thoughts on this issue.
I believe she was referring to the christian thread

1 Like

Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by blueyedgeek(m): 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
Splinz:
And what exactly is the need for this thread

Oh I see. This thread is fueled by apprehension of a possible mass renouncement of atheism spurs by Mark- a leading former atheist. Truth is, there're lots of so-called atheists out there who became one solely because someone like Mark is an atheist.
I' m actually pretty bored. No light for my area so I decided to cash in on the hottest religious topic in town right now. Merry Christmas to you.

Op calm down. We know your numbers are dwindling by the day, as such, you feared the worse- a possible mass exodus with no one to called 'fellow'.
You don't say. Well, like I said, all that matters is that one stays true to who they are.
Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by blueyedgeek(m): 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
notjonbellion:

Didn't seem like it but I gladly swallow humble pie if I was wrong.
Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by xendra: 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2016
notjonbellion:
Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by xendra: 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2016
notjonbellion:
No she wasn't.

undecidedWhat Christian thread
Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
blueyedgeek:

Didn't seem like it but I gladly swallow humble pie if I was wrong.
Howfar, thought you are an andelan fellow. You don comot abi wetin? or is this not blueeyedgeek from programming section?
Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by blueyedgeek(m): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
MULLAH123:

Howfar, thought you are an andelan fellow. You don comot abi wetin? or is this not blueeyedgeek from programming section?
Shssssssh, I'm on break. You are spot on though, I'm an Andela fellow (I still am) and yeah, I prefer to frequent the programming section (but it's not what it used to be hence my reason for being here)
Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
blueyedgeek:

Shssssssh, I'm on break. You are spot on though, I'm an Andela fellow (I still am) and yeah, I prefer to frequent the programming section (but it's not what it used to be hence my reason for being here)
Okay. I am an applicant. What single thing will you advice me on in order to get in. Thanks in advance.
Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by zzzzy: 8:05am On Dec 27, 2016
Same way we wouldn't denounce cristianity because of Steven hawking and the likes you people make noise about.
Re: I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg by blueyedgeek(m): 8:53am On Dec 27, 2016
MULLAH123:

Okay. I am an applicant. What single thing will you advice me on in order to get in. Thanks in advance.
Same old, same old, have a growth mindset and be a willing learner (learn how to learn). You also need to have grit and be persistent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Really Exist / See Reason Why Apostle Johnson Suleman Visited Force Headquarters In Abuja / The Failure Of Atheism To Account For Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.