Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

The best landscape in Nigeria :Salt Lake In Ebonyi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The best landscape in Nigeria :Salt Lake In Ebonyi (1892 Views)

Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) / Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State / Two Female Students Recount Efforts To Avoid Circumcision In Ebonyi (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The best landscape in Nigeria :Salt Lake In Ebonyi by Technolifee(f): 11:33pm On Dec 26, 2016
I pray this makes the front page though, because I want people to appreciate beautiful landscapes in Nigeria not everytime oyinbo country. Lol

After many years of not visiting my hometown, I decided to that this time around I was going to learn new and amazing things about Ebonyi and I would be posting them all up on my blog
https://blackperfectionist.com/2016/12/26/travel-diary-ime-mmahi-salt-lake/
So do well not to miss any post because they are going to be worth seeing.
The salt lake is located between Umuchimma and Urobo in uburu village of Ebonyi state Nigeria. As the name goes, every drop of water found around this lake when boiled turns into salt; no wonder Ebonyi is regarded as the ‘salt of the nation.’
In the olden days, this lake served as a ceremonial ground for newly wedded brides and mind you men where not allowed here.

After your traditional marriage, the woman’s hair will be shaved into punk; and she will be brought to this lake for the ceremonial dance. Other women will form a circle as she goes to pick a pot and fills it up with water from the lake.
After which she will dance round the circle to the different songs being sung by the women.
After the ceremonial rites, she then takes the pot home ( its significance is that as salt adds taste to food and so does the woman to her household) and boils it prepare meals for her husband.

She then becomes a fully married Uburu woman!

1 Like

Re: The best landscape in Nigeria :Salt Lake In Ebonyi by kaycexx(m): 11:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
amen
Re: The best landscape in Nigeria :Salt Lake In Ebonyi by mostyg(m): 12:03am On Dec 27, 2016
Nigeria is bless but I can't say of Nigerians
Re: The best landscape in Nigeria :Salt Lake In Ebonyi by lacasera14(m): 7:58am On Dec 27, 2016
Op is that all the pictures you can get?

1 Like

Re: The best landscape in Nigeria :Salt Lake In Ebonyi by Technolifee(f): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2016
lacasera14:
Op is that all the pictures you can get?

Re: The best landscape in Nigeria :Salt Lake In Ebonyi by lacasera14(m): 11:46am On Dec 27, 2016
[quote author=Technolifee post=52295704][/quote] nice... how much is that land?

(1) (Reply)

American Land, 'igbo' Name / Origin Of Pidgin English / Are There Any Fluent Ekiti Speaker On Nl Who Are Willing To Teach The Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.