Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 (29001 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode At The Experience 2017 / Osinbajo, Ambode At The 9th Edition Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu Colloquium (Photos) / Ambode At Island Club Christmas Party (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by FisifunKododada: 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
sucess001:

There is no Jesus rubbish. All associated with him is salvation, love and excellence.
Politically, Ambode shd be there cos the VP is there. He shd be recieving the VP in lagos. It's called protocol!

cheesy No be only protocol na portfolio. You expect the man to spend hours getting tortured by music he doesn't like just because of politics. cheesy
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by APCmyheart(m): 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

Has there been any national census since 2006?
No.
Is Niger Delta oil money in the Federation Account shared monthly to Lagos on the basis of 20 million population?
No.

Kindly put on your thinking cap before posting trash again.
Remember that trash belongs to LAWMA.

lol I laugh at your ideology, Lagos should be a country on her own with the population, Lagos is over 20m people deal with that. Well maybe this thread will help you more and mind you the thread was created in 2011

https://www.nairaland.com/807792/lagos-population-now-thought-exceed
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by sucess001(m): 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
FisifunKododada:

cheesy No be only protocol na portfolio. You expect the man to spend hours getting tortured by music he doesn't like just because of politics. cheesy

And you know he doesn't like the music because you are...?
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by APCmyheart(m): 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
ODVanguard:

Even without a more recent census there are other data sources that give a ballpark estimate of current state populations, like the one below gotten from the Telcos, courtesy of NBS, where you can easily deduce the most populated states in the country. The good thing about these sort of numbers is that they're devoid of ethnic/tribal, political or sentimental colorations that have always plagued national censuses:

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/486

Cc: APCmyheart

Thanks for the info bro Lagos population surpass the entire South East same as the Budget.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by seguno2: 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
ODVanguard:
Even without a more recent census there are other data sources that give a ballpark estimate of current state populations, like the one below gotten from the Telcos, courtesy of NBS, where you can easily deduce the most populated states in the country. The good thing about these sort of numbers is that they're devoid of ethnic/tribal, political or sentimental colorations that have always plagued national censuses:

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/486

Cc: APCmyheart

You mean the telecommunications density of each state?
I think you should know better than to equate this to the population.
Again, I ask whether Lagos state is shared Niger Delta oil money from the Federation Account monthly based on APCmyheart's "over 20 million" while Kano state is shared on the basis of 9.3 million people in the 2006 census.
Thanks for taking time to answer reasonably.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by sucess001(m): 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
moufan:
mad man ,get the fffuck out of my mention and go and drink hypo

You re beyond Mad. Mad men act better. U mentioned me first- without thinking apparently.

Morons like you give Africans a bad name.

Imagine the idiot spilling out words like diarhea. Try use your brains. It's not as difficult as you think.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by moufan: 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2016
sucess001:

You re beyond Mad. Mad men act better. U mentioned me first- without thinking apparently.

Morons like you give Africans a bad name.

Imagine the idiot spilling out words like diarhea. Try use your brains. It's not as difficult as you think.
mad man,i beg you kindly ffuccckk off my mention.i hav better things to do and i told you to drink hypo if you're feeling enraged.byeee
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by FisifunKododada: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
sucess001:

And you know he doesn't like the music because you are...?

cheesy Because if he likes the music he would attend on his own volition without any encouragement cheesy

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by ODVanguard: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

You mean the telecommunications density of each state?
I think you should know better than to equate this to the population.
Again, I ask whether Lagos state is shared Niger Delta oil money from the Federation Account monthly based on APCmyheart's "over 20 million" while Kano state is shared on the basis of 9.3 million people in the 2006 census.
Thanks for taking time to answer reasonably.

Yes, the telcos subscription density of each state of the country is a reliable enough data that points to the actual estimated population of each state as at today, whichever way you choose to slice or dice it (you can choose to add 1 or 2 million to any of those numbers, doesn't make much difference in the end), unless you're just deliberately trying to be mischievous. I really don't care about what is shared or how much goes to whom coz we both know quite well that Nigeria's resource distribution formula is a fraud and that wasn't even my focus in this context. I was merely supplying you with data concerning population distribution in each state of the federation according to the telcos active subscribers database.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by seguno2: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
ODVanguard:
Yes, the telcos subscription density of each state of the country is a reliable enough data of the actual estimated population of each state, whichever way you choose to slice or dice it (you can choose to add 1 or 2 million to any of those numbers, doesn't make much difference in the end), unless you're just deliberately trying to be mischievous. I really don't care about what is shared or how much goes to whom coz we all know that both know quite well that Nigeria's resource distribution formula is a fraud and that wasn't even my focus in this context. I was merely supplying you with data concerning population distribution in each state of the federation according to the telcos active subscribers database.

If there is any truth in all these numbers of population, tax base and budget let Lagos renounce unilaterally the monthly sharing of the Federation Account from Niger Delta oil money.
Until that happens, all these na just stories.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by sucess001(m): 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
moufan:
mad man,i beg you kindly ffuccckk off my mention.i hav better things to do and i told you to drink hypo if you're feeling enraged.byeee

Wasted sperm of a mad man.

Stop quoting me so u can go continue ur other worthless activities
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by ODVanguard: 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

If there is any truth in all these numbers of population, tax base and budget let Lagos renounce unilaterally the monthly sharing of the Federation Account from Niger Delta oil money.
Until that happens, all these na just stories.

Seriously, this your Delta oil money talk is played out abeg. In November Lagos state got N1.7-Billion naira Federal allocation, while the state government already generates nothing less than N20-billion naira monthly http://sunnewsonline.com/lagos-makes-n287bn-igr-in-one-year/ -- (so far it has already generated N287-billion naira total this year sef) This is what Ambode had this to say about depending on Federal allocation:

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State says he hopes to reduce his state’s dependence on federal allocations to 10 per cent in three years. “We also have plans to achieve zero per cent as we develop our potential in tourism and services,” Ambode adds while addressing residents at a town hall meeting on Tuesday.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/07/17/governor-ambodes-ambition-of-zero-dependence-on-federal-allocation/

You just need to relax with this your Ambode/Lagos hatred. Hatred can kill o.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by seguno2: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2016
ODVanguard:
Seriously, this your Delta oil money talk is played out abeg. In November Lagos state got N1.7-Billion naira Federal allocation, while the state government already generates nothing less than N20-billion naira monthly http://sunnewsonline.com/lagos-makes-n287bn-igr-in-one-year/ -- (so far it has already generated N287-billion naira total this year sef) This is what Ambode had this to say about depending on Federal allocation:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/07/17/governor-ambodes-ambition-of-zero-dependence-on-federal-allocation/

You just need to relax with this your Ambode/Lagos hatred. Hatred can kill o.

This is not about hatred.
It is an unusual way of provoking the NEED for true fiscal federalism promised by Buhari.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by ODVanguard: 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

This is not about hatred.
It is an unusual way of provoking the NEED for true fiscal federalism promised by Buhari.

I also support True Fiscal Federalism as it will unleash the potential of every single state in Nigeria and force lazy governors to put up their thinking cap, but that's no excuse for your incessant and jaundiced attacks on a state govt. that is at least trying to generate money internally and set a worthy example.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by seguno2: 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
ODVanguard:
I also support True Fiscal Federalism as it will unleash the potential of every single state in Nigeria and force lazy governors to put up their thinking cap, but that's no excuse for your incessant and jaundiced attacks on a state govt. that is at least trying to generate money internally and set a worthy example.

We are on the same page for the highlighted.
Lagos state is generating far LESS than it can such that more people can leave the state to explore better alternatives in their own states. In that respect, the governors of Lagos state are only MARGINALLY better than their counterparts in the remaining 35 states.
Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode and their crews are stealing too much hence the inadequate facilities despite so much money that they generate.
Do you have any problem with criticism to make public servants work better for their employees- we, the citizens?
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by greatman247(m): 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
FreeGlobe:

hehehe, everything about ambode na scam, lake rice, lagos oil.. the guy is better off attending parties cheesy cheesy

And everything about you nko?
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by ODVanguard: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

We are on the same page for the highlighted.
Lagos state is generating far LESS than it can such that more people can leave the state to explore better alternatives in their own states. In that respect, the governors of Lagos state are only MARGINALLY better than their counterparts in the remaining 35 states.
Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode and their crews are stealing too much hence the inadequate facilities despite so much money that they generate.
Do you have any problem with criticism to make public servants work better for their employees- we, the citizens?

Dude, unlike you I only engage in constructive criticism, and not just criticism for the sake of it. For God's sake if the govt is doing something right give them credit, simple! If you have proof that the above-mentioned trio are stealing or have stolen, present it and criticize them accordingly, but that shouldn't mean you shouldn't give them credit when its due. That's the difference between us here. Honestly, (though i could be wrong) I think you're actually blinded by bigotry and nothing more. All that talk about Ambode/Tinubu/Fashola stealing garnishment na smokescreen.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by seguno2: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
ODVanguard:
Dude, unlike you I only engage in constructive criticism, and not just criticism for the sake of it. For God's sake if the govt is doing something right give them credit, simple! If you have proof that the above-mentioned trio are stealing or have stolen, present it and criticize them accordingly, but that shouldn't mean you shouldn't give them credit when its due. That's the difference between us here. Honestly, (though i could be wrong) I think you're actually blinded by bigotry and nothing more. All that talk about Ambode/Tinubu/Fashola stealing garnishment na smokescreen.

So Tinubu and Fashola did not steal?
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by ODVanguard: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

So Tinubu and Fashola did not steal?

That I think either or both of them stole is actually inconsequential (someone somewhere always thinks every government everywhere steals or has stolen). Can I prove it? That's the real question. At the end of the day the masses care most about government delivering on their promises and enabling them meet their basic needs and expectations; it is when a sitting government fails to perform that the people begin to focus on 'stealing', corruption or whatever you want to call it -- as far as i am concerned the masses are merely being pragmatic about institutional governance in this respect.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by seguno2: 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
ODVanguard:
That I think either or both of them stole is actually inconsequential (someone somewhere always thinks every government everywhere steals or has stolen). Can I prove it? That's the real question. At the end of the day the masses care most about government delivering on their promises and enabling them meet their basic needs and expectations; it is when a sitting government fails to perform that the people begin to focus on 'stealing', corruption or whatever you want to call it -- as far as i am concerned the masses are merely being pragmatic about institutional governance in this respect.

Just a tip of the iceberg:

https://www.nairaland.com/2547706/fashola-spent-n139million-two-boreholes

The masses are Africans, not so?
We are too focused on dancing our lives away and contented with privileged crumbs rather than insist on our cake of rights.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by ODVanguard: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

Just a tip of the iceberg:

https://www.nairaland.com/2547706/fashola-spent-n139million-two-boreholes

The masses are Africans, not so?
We are too focused on dancing our lives away and contented with privileged crumbs rather than insist on our cake of rights.

Dude, it's very ok for your likes to have their views aired and heard (the political space can very well accommodate y'all), but in the end the majority will have their way while those of you in the minority will have your say. undecided

Tinubu would be nowhere today if he didn't enjoy considerable support of Lagosians at large. You can interprete that whichever way you like, it's allowed.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by badrobot77: 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
Come to Lagos and develop your education...you don't know the difference between states and city. Citing ife and osun as states..maybe its brighter grammar you need..

FreeGlobe:

igboland is more developed than state of osun, ondo, ogun, osogbo, ogbomosho, ile ife, akure, ibadan, owo, sango etc.... worry about these places inugo?

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by checkout50: 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nice
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by seunowa(f): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
FreeGlobe:

why are all yoruba governors owning workers nothing less than 2 years salaries.. honest answer

What abt other governors..y only saying yoruba governors
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by fyneguy: 10:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
FisifunKododada:

Ambode was probably out of the country then. He is a Deacon in RCCG.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
all this foolish IBADAN boys ranting go and develop Igbo land how many of you re lagosians? nonsense
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by chibuzorAbia: 1:03am On Dec 28, 2016
fuckingAyaya:
all this foolish IBADAN boys ranting go and develop Igbo land how many of you re lagosians? nonsense

Is lagos state in Igboland? Abi it has an Emir or Obi or Eze?

Die if you must.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by seguno2: 1:12am On Dec 28, 2016
fuckingAyaya:

I thought that Ambode is an Ondo man?
Just like the Lagos senator getting ready to be governor of Ogun state?
Or Aregbesola who is getting ready to be a senator in Lagos state?
Obviously Lagos state is no man's land.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by shegz24(m): 3:27am On Dec 28, 2016
seguno2:

You can like to live in a fool's paradise.
Lagos 9,013,534 is second to Kano state 9,383,682 in terms of population as per the 2006 census. Rivers state alone had 5,185,400 with Anambra 4,182,032. These two alone are more than Lagos state.
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population

As far as budget is concerned, the Rivers amount is about the same as for Lagos.

Kindly provide the figures and link to your lie lie statements above.
Thanks.
Stop embarrassing yourself in public.
See the person talking about another embarassing himself in public, is Rivers State in South yEast or South South?
Olodo!
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by shegz24(m): 3:30am On Dec 28, 2016
fuckingAyaya:
even Ibadan as a City is more developed than all Igbo states. It's among the 3most industrialized Cities/states in Nigeria along with the almighty Lagos n gigantic Kano.
Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by shegz24(m): 3:34am On Dec 28, 2016
ODVanguard:

God bless you! Imagine how great Nigeria ll be if every Governor and president 'stole' like Tinubu n Fashola n equally brought progress like they did to Lagos over the years.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 by shegz24(m): 3:43am On Dec 28, 2016
seguno2:

Has there been any national census since 2006?
No.
Is Niger Delta oil money in the Federation Account shared monthly to Lagos on the basis of 20 million population?
No.

Kindly put on your thinking cap before posting trash again.
Remember that trash belongs to LAWMA.
to calculate present population you should add the count of the last census with the percentage increase per year stated for each of the last 10years. Reason why it's said that Nigeria has over 200m ppl not the 140m that was counted as far back as 2006.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ambode, Otedola, Lai Mohammed At Opening Of Obasanjo Presidential Library / Senator Bassey Albert's (OBA) Handshake With A Supporter (Photo) / Wike Deserves Our Pity And Prayers’ – Dele Momodu Begs Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.