Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? (3022 Views)

The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by viaro: 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2009
Hi all,

For some mysterious reason, issues like this seem to draw out comments from me, as evidenced by one of my first posts on Nairaland. There's hope, people. .  there's hope. I see something playing out here. Some have called it the 'law of diminishing returns'. . others say it's 'seasonal'. But what am I all about?

Well, it should not surprise us that this situation was inevitable. Even where people talk about ordinary things away from religion, there's a point where boredom creeps in and nothing interesting comes up. I see that as a 'necessary' antecedent to a renaissance. . one that brings new things to the table for discussions (with the old inbetweens as side attractions). The question now is: how many here are willing to betake themselves to thinking deep and drawing out from the riches of their treasures to share with others? Rather than remain on the same page of noting the problem, could I join others in making suggestions that would move us beyond the present pale?

Here are a few I've been thinking about recently:

* Death is NOT Final!

* Can Anything Come Out of Nothing?
           Has Science Found Answers Yet?

* Are We Alone In The Universe?

* But What About Those Questions That Science Cannot Answer?

* How Do We Answer To Strange Phenomena?

Good people, my apologies that I have not really had the time to start off these topics. .  they've all been in the pipeline, but just when I was thinking of having myself the fortune of some free time in December and January, something came up that will limit my aperance on Nairaland! undecided (somehow, things often come up, don't they?)

What do you think? Can we revive this board and see some fresh insights? I know we have all noted the problem. . but I'm instigating a move beyond that now. We should not sit back with toothpicks like well-fed party invitees who smile as if there's nothing more to chew on. Oh c'mon. .  the party's only just begun! cheesy

God willing, in the next few days, I'll try to make those suggestions above into threads and all are invited to share their perspectives. Even if you're merely an observer, please come in and warm the place (but no verbal infernos, please).
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by noetic15(m): 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2009
fellis:

Why is noetic pretending to be an intellectual by starting a thread like this? Here is an idea for you thread starter, start one of those 'intellectual and deeply thought out' threads that you miss. Start one yourself instead of just complaining.
And moderator, unban Abuzola with immediate effect.

grin grin grin
just humour urself.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by dtwsola(m): 4:24am On Nov 20, 2009
The Religion Section just isn't very interesting without posters like Nferyn, and Reverend. Nferyn was a very bright guy who never lost an argument, and Reverend was just a trip. Too bad.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by noetic15(m): 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
viaro:

Hi all,

For some mysterious reason, issues like this seem to draw out comments from me, as evidenced by one of my first posts on Nairaland. There's hope, people. .  there's hope. I see something playing out here. Some have called it the 'law of diminishing returns'. . others say it's 'seasonal'. But what am I all about?

Well, it should not surprise us that this situation was inevitable. Even where people talk about ordinary things away from religion, there's a point where boredom creeps in and nothing interesting comes up. I see that as a 'necessary' antecedent to a renaissance. . one that brings new things to the table for discussions (with the old inbetweens as side attractions). The question now is: how many here are willing to betake themselves to thinking deep and drawing out from the riches of their treasures to share with others? Rather than remain on the same page of noting the problem, could I join others in making suggestions that would move us beyond the present pale?

Here are a few I've been thinking about recently:

* Death is NOT Final!

* Can Anything Come Out of Nothing?
           Has Science Found Answers Yet?

* Are We Alone In The Universe?

* But What About Those Questions That Science Cannot Answer?

* How Do We Answer To Strange Phenomena?

Good people, my apologies that I have not really had the time to start off these topics. .  they've all been in the pipeline, but just when I was thinking of having myself the fortune of some free time in December and January, something came up that will limit my aperance on Nairaland! undecided (somehow, things often come up, don't they?)

What do you think? Can we revive this board and see some fresh insights? I know we have all noted the problem. . but I'm instigating a move beyond that now. We should not sit back with toothpicks like well-fed party invitees who smile as if there's nothing more to chew on. Oh c'mon. .  the party's only just begun! cheesy

God willing, in the next few days, I'll try to make those suggestions above into threads and all are invited to share their perspectives. Even if you're merely an observer, please come in and warm the place (but no verbal infernos, please).

This topics will make a great discourse. . but topics alone dont make a good discourse. . . .and as such it would be more fun if the renowned "great minds" do not ignore these threads when constituted.
. . . . . I eagerly await these threads.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by RiffRaff: 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
Blame it on people like Abuzola. He doesnt make sense. always posting Jibberish.

but i still miss him sha.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
whatever,Abuzola my fantastic jihadist is here to stay Insha Allah
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by BADLEE: 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2009
ABUZOLA WILL LIVE FOREVER.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
Yeah bro Badlee grin
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
[size=13pt]I shout a louder R'Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley.[/size]
BADLEE:

ABUZOLA WILL LIVE FOREVER.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2009
amen too
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
[size=13pt]I winked you . . . . wink[/size]
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Horus(m): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2009
[img]http://davespeaks.files./2009/05/closed-sign-tm.jpg[/img]

[size=17pt]The Religious Section of this forum is officially closed[/size]
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Aishabee(f): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2009
He is hia, hurraaaaaaayyyyyyy cheesy
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by manmustwac(m): 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2009
abuzola is a nuisance always spamming trying to spread his jihad {with over 100 posts a day} he derserves to be banned for life and anybody who like him needs thier head examined
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by skyone(m): 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2009
Manmusteat and other so called moderators

How long and i mean how long is it going to take you to detect  that ABUZOLA- ALZAKAWI IS ALSO UPLAWAL
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by manmustwac(m): 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2009
skyone:

Manmusteat and other so called moderators

How long and i mean how long is it going to take you to detect that ABUZOLA- ALZAKAWI IS ALSO UPLAWAL

Thats not true Uplawal is based here in london, don't know about abuzola though. Can u provide proof?
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by AKO1(m): 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2009
Horus:

[size=17pt]The Religious Section of this forum is officially closed[/size]

Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2009
The only thing I do is open the religion section, I see that abuzola has bumped the first ten topics and I move on. But I share viaro's sentiments let us move on, I am awaiting his threads or oga deep sight help us open at least one of them na.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Nov 25, 2009
How can the Religious Section die when manmustwac is still alive. grin grin
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by mamagee3(f): 12:40am On Nov 25, 2009
abuzola999:

Manmustwac shit you are taking more than what you can chew, by God i have not started any ill play with any of the mod but if you dare me you will regret ever being a mod i swear cos it won't just rest here, your village too will feel the grief. Not a threat but just a caution cos u sound stubborn.

You'll do all this with 210 posts. grin grin grin
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by manmustwac(m): 12:41am On Nov 25, 2009
abuzola999:

Manmustwac shit you are taking more than what you can chew, by God i have not started any ill play with any of the mod but if you dare me you will regret ever being a mod i swear cos it won't just rest here, your village too will feel the grief. Not a threat but just a caution cos u sound stubborn.
How am i stubborn? Your the one who's stubborn. You really believe that you spamming the religion section of nairaland with over 100 posts a day will convert one person to islam? Your a bloody nuisance, spoiling religion with your jihad.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by manmustwac(m): 12:42am On Nov 25, 2009
mama-gee:

How can it the Religious Section die when manmustwac is still alive. grin grin
whats your problem mama-gee?
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by mamagee3(f): 1:14am On Nov 25, 2009
manmustwac:

whats your problem mama-gee?

Nothing, Just saying it like it is! wink
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:57am On Mar 25, 2010
[size=13pt]some people are annoying here and they really need hard beating. . . . sad[/size]
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by InesQor(m): 3:56am On Mar 25, 2010
Oh this was really the prediction of the death of the Religious Section!

Okay we need to revive it. ASAP.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 25, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

some people are annoying here and they really need hard beating. . . . sad

do you think you're annoying and need a serious beatdown?
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:13am On Mar 25, 2010
[size=13pt]No. . . .i dont think so . ok , you should stop sounding too funny this days friend. . . . wink[/size]
tpia.:

do you think you're annoying and need a serious beatdown?
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by jagunlabi(m): 7:52am On Mar 25, 2010
Nothing last forever.The fundermentalist fanatics are taking over the forum and they will put a final nail on the coffin.That is the nature of religions, they do not eencourage discuss that much, and i hail nairalanders for having kept the forum buzzing for this long despite this.It is absolutely amazing.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2010
^^ i dont see why a non-religious person is so concerned about the religious section?

Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]No. . . .i dont think so . ok , you should stop sounding too funny this days friend. . . . wink[/size]

you use the word "friend" pretty loosely in this instance. . . .

btw, stop stalking me.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2010
[size=13pt]Well , you're on a point. . . .I'm only working to put an end to the so-called religion madness going on in the world today . it has really spread over many nations . . . and its truely affecting us . The New world Order is now--- nobody can escape it! . RELIGION MUST DIE. . . .A NEW LIFESTYLE MORE BETTER THAN RELIGION IS HERE!.

Stalking you. . . .? , i don't think so.
[/size]
tpia.:

^^ i dont see why a non-religious person is so concerned about the religious section?

btw, stop stalking me.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by jagunlabi(m): 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
Lol!@ Ogaga  grin
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Well , you're on a point. . . .I'm only working to put an end to the so-called religion madness going on in the world today . it has really spread over many nations . . . and its truely affecting us . The New world Order is now--- nobody can escape it! . RELIGION MUST DIE. . . .A NEW LIFESTYLE MORE BETTER THAN RELIGION IS HERE!.

[/size]

Tilapia, i like to be in touch with what is going on in people's heads, especially my fellow nigerians', because it affects us all.That is why i am here and concerned.
tpia.:

btw, stop stalking me.
Re: Is This The Death Of The Religious Section? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Well , you're on a point. . . .I'm only working to put an end to the so-called religion madness going on in the world today . it has really spread over many nations . . . and its truely affecting us . The New world Order is now--- nobody can escape it! .  RELIGION MUST DIE. . . .A NEW LIFESTYLE MORE BETTER THAN RELIGION IS HERE!.

[/size]

lets see how far u will go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Xtians: Who Do You Prefare Btw Don Moen And Micheal W. Smith. / If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? / Emergency Telephone Numbers In The Holy Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.