Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,427 members, 7,781,245 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:13 AM

FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). (18792 Views)

HOSCON Uncovers 50 Oil Wells In 12 Anambra Communities / Soku Oil Wells: Apologize To Amaechi Now - APC Tells Wike / Wike Seeks Surveyor-general Help In Retrieving Oil Wells From Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by asha9: 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
Umuahia is a rural area, below is the only infrastructure standing in the state capital. Betterabiastate is aware

4 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by lakesider(m): 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
since when have they been own
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by slap1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
FG should keep the money instead of releasing it to Rochas Okorocha. He's a fraud!
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Cubeet: 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
asha9:
Abia state is dead
It seems dem use Abia matter swear for you.
You gon lose weight with this kinda attitude

6 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by 1stdammy: 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
You mean a whopping sum of 9.7trn for only two states? Enof to be our nation's budget?? Hian...........
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Oguta1stSon: 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
Aba is a waste dumping ground with bad roads, I just wish that money could be put to better use.

3 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by GreatNegro(m): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
Where are those that said that SE has no oil? Buhari must vomit that money.

3 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by caleboxylic: 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
South east governors and NASS members should make this their priority. If FG release the fund, part of it should be used for building of obuaku seaport, speed rail linking abia and IMO and if possible abakaliki and Onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by automatix: 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
sammyj:
This SE political leaders so dump and useless. Even GEJ whom they see as their dump clueless god GEJ could not use his power to settle this dispute when he was still in power. My advise to their youth is for them to shine their eyes and fight for themselves rather than fighting blindly for some politricians !!! angry shocked cool
I am from the SE and I have to agree that South East and South South leaders and dumb. If it were the North, I know this wouldn't be allowed.

6 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
EmekaBlue:
FG biko pay my state our money..Thankyou
goan meet IB cool
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by djbobby007: 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
mccoy47:
My ewedu brodas would be very vexed!
dat govt is owing ipod?
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Sammytex911: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
Too much money
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
asha9:
Abia state is cursed, that money cannot save the state. betterabiastate is aware
ewoooo, chineke, olodumare. You mean this is abia? I thought they said they are the neatest in the world. Now world health organization has been justified. They didn't lie when they mention three of their state as the dirtiest in the world. Spit.

2 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Bjergtrolde: 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2016
caleboxylic:
Abuja—The controversy over the return of 42 oil wells from Rivers State to Abia State continued over the weekend as the principal consultant to Macfredricks & Oneal, Jonny Maduafokwa described as false, claims by former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu that he fought for the return of the oil wells.

Orji Uzor Kalu
Maduafokwa said his organization started the process for the return of the oil wells ceded to Rivers State by the Justice Mamman Nasir 1976 Boundary Adjustment Committee for and on behalf of the governments of old Imo and Abia states.

The oil services expert further claimed that as an aftermath of the recovery of the wells, the Federal Government is yet to pay to the old Imo State and Abia State their accrued revenue amounting to about a whopping N9.7 trillion naira from 1976 to 1991 and from 1991 to 2001.

“I read with rude shock and utter dismay, an article purportedly authored by the former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu that his efforts gave rise to his achieving the successful recovery of 43 oil wells that were erroneously credited to Rivers State without telling us the how and when he came by the information he claimed were at his disposal.

“Ordinarily, I would have left the story to pass without bothering to react but for the erroneous impression it will create on the minds of readers as well as for posterity.

“Orji Uzor Kalu indicated interest in the project and requested a briefing on the subject and he was accordingly briefed and the parties entered into a contract. To cut the story short, I executed the contract to the letter and finally, 95 crude oil wells were retrieved and returned to Imo and Abia States”, claimed Madufokwa, who also listed the affected wells with their coordinates.

On the proceeds of the ceded oil wells for about 31 years, the principal consultant said; “It is instructive to note that once the dispute arose between the old Imo State and Rivers State, over the oil wells and who owns what, the Federal Government stopped payment of monies as derivation, and “locked-in” the said funds in an escrow account until verification is made as to who owns what.”

“Take for instance that it took 31 years for the oil well dispute to be resolved, but the issue remains that the derivation fund from the 95 crude oil wells put “locked in” in an escrow said to have accumulated to N9.7 trillion has not been released to the bonafide owners”.

He further advised the affected states to concentrate on how to get the federal government to release the money which he said will go a long way in bettering the lives of their people.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/orji-kalus-claim-42-oil-wells-false-consultant/

Please, please, please God, let them wait for Rochas to leave office before FG pays Imo state. The clown will pay 1 trillion for another useless project like a "new year" tree , a round about or a gate in the middle of the road.

5 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by mmsen: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
sammyj:
This SE political leaders so dump and useless. Even GEJ whom they see as their dump clueless god GEJ could not use his power to settle this dispute when he was still in power. My advise to their youth is for them to shine their eyes and fight for themselves rather than fighting blindly for some politricians !!! angry shocked cool

It's DUMB not DUMP.

The irony...

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by daddyyo(m): 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
Money When Govt dey call everytime there fear me, how many people dey Nigeria sef, make dem Just share the Money make every find him own country where we go base abeg I don tire, even if den share 10m round e go reach>>>

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by sammyj: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
Ok oooooooo
mmsen:

It's DUMB not DUMP.

The irony...

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by mimicious(f): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
hi fam!! just show me love. today is my birthday

2 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by mekonglobal(m): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
All we saying give us our money. Wait I'm I even saying sef? The ones given them before what did they achieve with it.

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by michoim(m): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
During those 31 years were the oils in those wells exploited?

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by lielbree: 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
After people will say they should not seek their own state. I'm not igbo but I support their movement because they have been marginalised too much.

Make it close my mouth before them slap me with ban.

7 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
mimicious:
hi fam!! just show me love. today is my birthday
you are pretty. Happy bornday to u. Moi cake.
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by cardoctor(m): 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
Where my own?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Wike Investigates Cause Of Flood Just After 10 Hours Downpour (Photos) / Osinbajo Sacks 2 ICPC Board Nominees Over Allegation Of Corruption / FG Declares Friday, Monday, Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.