Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). (18816 Views)

HOSCON Uncovers 50 Oil Wells In 12 Anambra Communities / Soku Oil Wells: Apologize To Amaechi Now - APC Tells Wike / Wike Seeks Surveyor-general Help In Retrieving Oil Wells From Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by automatix: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
ariesbull:

Grow up..

If your dad is Igbo...You are simply Igbo

Where your mum is ..Isn't important
did you read my previous or you just stumbled on this one only?

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Businessideas: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
Anybody can calculate and write rubbish. How a private individual started 'fighting for oil well' is enough to tell you how these people think.
These mentality of embarrassing government with unsubstantiated claim has to be put to a stop before they set the nation on fire.The government agency in charge should report this individual to the police or national assembly so he can substantiate his claims,failure to do so,he should be sanctioned. This was how one crooked attorney was demanding for a large outrageous percentage of the Abacha loot claiming that'he started the fight' for the return of the loot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by docadams: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
The two state govts should concentrate more on optimal deployment of their current allocation than focussing on a locked-in windfall that may have fallen victim of successive PDP era of voodoo economics.

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2016
OLIFEX02:
Is it possible for fg to pay such amount now?

Do they even have such and amount?
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by ariesbull: 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
automatix:
did you read my previous or you just stumbled on this one only?
Yes bro

But we are not quarelling....Are we ?

I don't think so
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by backtosender: 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
catal:
You see why i wish igbos go their separate way
we can see
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by momentarylapse: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
cstr19:

Guy, you are sounding like a broken record. How old are you?
This thread is supposed to be a serious one where serious issues are debated. Now you have succeeded in derailing this thread to nothingness ,which is exactly what haters of ndi-igbo would like.

My friend will you shut up your filthy mouth? Look at you trying to castigate someone for the same crime you are perennially guity of!

Is your only job on nairaland not to be screaming afonja all over the place and insulting muslims up and down while acting like one ipob tout and lying anyhow?

Try to lie and watch how I would expose your dirty ass like a newborn who just shat itself! Nonsense!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by proeast(m): 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
asha9:
I am beginning to suspect that you came from the moon because the pictures you keep posting are not even anywhere close to Anambra.. cheesy

You Afonjas are so childish. Every Igbo person here knows that you guys are imposters including the so called ogutafirstson. Why are you guys so ashamed of your tribe that you've to hide under the great Igbo race to comment On topic, the kind of wicked oppression against Igbos in Nigeria is so mind boggling, is it just because we lost a war against combined forces of darkness Imagine what such amount could have done for the economies of both states! Nigeria is evil.
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by maxzzo1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
Fake stories.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by VictorRomanov: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
sammyj:
This SE political leaders so dump and useless. Even GEJ whom they see as their dump clueless god GEJ could not use his power to settle this dispute when he was still in power. My advise to their youth is for them to shine their eyes and fight for themselves rather than fighting blindly for some politricians !!! angry shocked cool

Did you say they re dump ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Oblang(m): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
proeast:
You Afonjas are so childish. Every Igbo person here knows that you guys are imposters including the so called ogutafirstson. Why are you guys so ashamed of your tribe that you've to hide under the great Igbo race to comment On topic, the kind of wicked oppression against Igbos in Nigeria is so mind boggling, is it just because we lost a war against combined forces of darkness Imagine what such amount could have done for the economies of both states! Nigeria is evil.

U all should keep deluding urself over one 9.7trillion. Was their any state collecting oil derivation during military regime....

2 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by VictorRomanov: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
michoim:
During those 31 years were the oils in those wells exploited?

No. They were used to store palm oil.
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by adisaigbo1(m): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Obvious Marginalization
let the wailing begins

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by googlepikins: 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2016
sammyj:
This SE political leaders so dump and useless. Even GEJ whom they see as their dump clueless god GEJ could not use his power to settle this dispute when he was still in power. My advise to their youth is for them to shine their eyes and fight for themselves rather than fighting blindly for some politricians !!! angry shocked cool
the correct word is dumb not dump. They're two different words. Check your primary school dictionary.

2 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by suyamasta(m): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
Wow thats some serious cash, as long as its escrow then that money will surely be intact, but i hope the governors make good use of it
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by FisifunKododada: 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
shocked The biggest lie of 2016 shocked

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by emi14: 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
sammyj:

Can't you make your points without insulting people. What have you said regarding the 9.7trillon. Jonathan is gone.
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by NotComplaining: 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
Why are Nigerians such poor communicators? Most of us cannot constructively criticise news, we must add a flare of ethnic undertone to our argument.

Does this mean we speak from our bellies and not from our hearts? Emphatically Yes! That we are all inherent xenophobes? Another Yes!

I wont be surprised to find that much of the top belligerent comments on Nairaland are from Nigerian politicians themselves, trying to condition chaos to proffer their bellicose vision.

I am pro seperation of Nigeria on ethnic and religious borders. The way it was meant to be. Nigeria was never a great Union of tribes, only a hegemony of selfish hausa/fulani warlords and clans. Whoever isn't pro division is just a hypocrite.

The sooner war is fought for true independence the better.
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by NotComplaining: 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
An intelligent reader can identify the deliberately malign ethnic slurs and bigotry from the mass of ignorance.

It hardens the soul to see so much peace on the streets of metropolitans across Nigeria and an equal amount of ethnic fanaticism on Nairaland.

Buhari clearly does not represent 1/10th of the masses and nor will the next hausa/fulani clansman that replaces him.

Nigerians must start venting their heterogenous sentiments on the streets. There can be no progress when there is no unity, and no unity when there are conflicting identities.

Before my comments are castrated and condemned as Igbo evangelism, I am a frustrated Yoruba Muslim who feels cheated by this so called UNITY our yoruba leaders continue to sell us.

A hausa cannot not represent me because he/she is incapable of impartiality.
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Caseless: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Obvious Marginalization
if you attended a good school, you'd have read the report before putting yourself in this show of stupidity .
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Caseless: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
EmekaBlue:
FG biko pay my state our money..Thankyou
one naira una no go get.

Anything pre-1999 is gone. Where's that money going to come from? Don't deceive yourself!

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Adaowerri111: 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
Caseless:
if you attended a good school, you'd have read the report before putting yourself in this show of stupidity .

Shut up and read again

2 Likes

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by middlebelter(m): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
“It is instructive to note that once the dispute arose between the old Imo State and Rivers State, over the oil wells and who owns what, the Federal Government stopped payment of monies as derivation, and “locked-in” the said funds in an escrow account until verification is made as to who owns what.”

If the above is true, the FG shouldn't have problem releasing the money. In fact we expect the states house of assembly of Abia and Imo to constitute a joint committee to investigate the matter and task FG to release the monies as soon as possible.
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by Ariani: 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2016
You can imagine how much more Abia and Imo are still losing,because of dubious ceding of Oyigbo and Egbema to Rivers state by our enemies.

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by israelmao(m): 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
[quote author=caleboxylic post=52296158]Abuja—The controversy over the return of 42 oil wells from Rivers State to Abia State continued over the weekend as the principal consultant to Macfredricks & Oneal, Jonny Maduafokwa described as false, claims by former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu that he fought for the return of the oil wells.

Orji Uzor Kalu
Maduafokwa said his organization started the process for the return of the oil wells ceded to Rivers State by the Justice Mamman Nasir 1976 Boundary Adjustment Committee for and on behalf of the governments of old Imo and Abia states.

The oil services expert further claimed that as an aftermath of the recovery of the wells, the Federal Government is yet to pay to the old Imo State and Abia State their accrued revenue amounting to about a whopping N9.7 trillion naira from 1976 to 1991 and from 1991 to 2001.

“I read with rude shock and utter dismay, an article purportedly authored by the former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu that his efforts gave rise to his achieving the successful recovery of 43 oil wells that were erroneously credited to Rivers State without telling us the how and when he came by the information he claimed were at his disposal.

“Ordinarily, I would have left the story to pass without bothering to react but for the erroneous impression it will create on the minds of readers as well as for posterity.

“Orji Uzor Kalu indicated interest in the project and requested a briefing on the subject and he was accordingly briefed and the parties entered into a contract. To cut the story short, I executed the contract to the letter and finally, 95 crude oil wells were retrieved and returned to Imo and Abia States”, claimed Madufokwa, who also listed the affected wells with their coordinates.

On the proceeds of the ceded oil wells for about 31 years, the principal consultant said; “It is instructive to note that once the dispute arose between the old Imo State and Rivers State, over the oil wells and who owns what, the Federal Government stopped payment of monies as derivation, and “locked-in” the said funds in an escrow account until verification is made as to who owns what.”

“Take for instance that it took 31 years for the oil well dispute to be resolved, but the issue remains that the derivation fund from the 95 crude oil wells put “locked in” in an escrow said to have accumulated to N9.7 trillion has not been released to the bonafide owners”.

Even though it's true who will pay this huge amount of crude oil proceeds at this time government is heplessly stretching its hands to hold on the last straw in order to salvage itself from drowning.Maybe this is one of the reasons you aligned yourself with APC.I'm really sorry.
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by 2n2k(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
sammyj:

Even from the disjointed news reports, it is clear the case was already resolved by 2007 (31 years from 1976) and the oil wells already returned to the affected states before GEJ assumed the presidency.

What is not clear is why the so-called consultant is claiming derivation from only 1976 - 2001 (just 25 years) and what he meant by escrow account. Escrow account should mean that the N9.5tn is warehoused in an account ready for withdrawal at a moment notice. Is the balance sheet of the federation showing such fund?

1 Like

Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by badrobot77: 5:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
My flat head ops brother would be very happy.

mccoy47:
My ewedu brodas would be very vexed!
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by badrobot77: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
Proudly Yoruba son. We Yorubas are proud of our heritage and owe nobody apology about that.You are displaying your lack of knowledge by saying marginalization. Ibo should play their card rightly and learn to build bridges and work with others to get what they want. That is how political systems works. You can't call everyone bad and expect them to aid your cause.peace.

proeast:
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by superstar1(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
Ojukwus will always be Osus to South South people.

No be today.
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by IPOB123london: 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
Businessideas: 1:38pm
Anybody can calculate and write rubbish. How a private individual started 'fighting for oil well' is enough to tell you how these people think.
These mentality of embarrassing government with unsubstantiated claim has to be put to a stop before they set the nation on fire.The government agency in charge should report this individual to the police or national assembly so he can substantiate his claims,failure to do so,he should be sanctioned. This was how one crooked attorney was demanding for a large outrageous percentage of the Abacha loot claiming that'he started the fight' for the return of the loot
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)

u can be either a baboon or a monkey; for a start what does Nigger area called Nigeria stand for; how was it created, who created nigger area; why did the hausa-fulani boko harem in alliance with the afonjas break up Igbo Biafran land

hmm
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by IPOB123london: 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
y badrobot77: 6:00pm
Proudly Yoruba son. We Yorubas are proud of our heritage and owe nobody apology about that.You are displaying your lack of knowledge by saying marginalization. Ibo should play their card rightly and learn to build bridges and work with others to get what they want. That is how political systems works. You can't call everyone bad and expect them to aid your cause.peace.

why did the hausa-fulani boko harem in alliance with the afonjas break up Igbo Biafran land

proud indeed
Re: FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). by akoko11: 7:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
FG abeg pay them their money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Declares Friday, Monday, Public Holidays / Bayelsa Guber: Sylva, Oshiomole Aided Our Victory – PDP / Putin: The Military Operation Won't End Until Ukraine Stops Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.