Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,812 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Why Are Some Destinies Cut Short? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Destinies Cut Short? (862 Views)

Church Elder's Joystick Almost Cut For Trying To Sex A Married Woman In Ghana / Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User / Encoded Destinies: Read The Secret Messages In Your Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Destinies Cut Short? by ChemicalReaction(f): 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2016
Some people are die hard believers of 'destiny may be delayed but can never be denied'(use to belief this notion too till recently).

Pls folks, is this really true?

I'm asking because, just this year, I've lost a dear friend, two year two students, a final year student, a new born child, and some old folks too.

How would you explain young vibrant people dying unfulfilled?
Mothers burying their children instead of vice versa

Is it that their destinies were to cause grief and pain to their loved ones?

Were those destinies really fulfilled??

Pls let's try not to blame God..
Mods, pls move to the right section.
Re: Why Are Some Destinies Cut Short? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
In my questions about the phenomena which is death, I have come across certain answers that provide a little hope, what if death really is just part of a liberation of the immaterial soul, what if life as we know it is an entrapment which the soul must endure while it wait for the day of peace otherwise what we call death. The process which is the universe, including all things material and immaterial is quite gigantic, when you begin to think about how insignificant we are, to the whole process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Destinies Cut Short? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2016
You seem to have a skewed understanding of destiny, one that suggests that every human was created to attain a certain kind of conventional success in a particular field of life, and failure to attain this success, is sort of an unfulfillment of destiny. Did it ever occur to you that some people's destiny could be to die young or to die conventionally unfulfilled?

Let me use an example. We are living in this relatively war-free, post modern era because the world has sort of achieved a kind of peace and unity that was only made possible by the events that proceeded from the aftermath of the 2nd world war. But for the second world war to have ended the way it did, millions of people had to die. Couldn't you say that the destiny of those people that died was that they would die the way they did so that the war would end the way it did?

Let use your friends as an example. Let's say a couple of hours from now, an attractive and well to do male Nairalander sees this post, clicks on your profile and develops an attraction towards you. Two weeks later, he sends you a pm and you guys become friends. A month later, the both of you meet offline and develop an intimate relationship. Years later the two of you get married. Clearly, creating this thread was what led to you meeting this guy. And also, obviously, marrying him was your destiny, going by your understanding of destiny. But for you to have created this thread, your friends had to die. Would you then say that their death was a necessary antecedent to the achievement of your destiny? If this is so, was it their destiny to die at this particular time?

My problem with the this whole concept of destiny is that people fail to realize that our present state is a product of a plethora of prior causes, and what we are now is a result of millions of random events that have happened in the past. At every second of our lives, we have achieved a universal state that can be classified as the achievement of our destiny, since destiny is basically our purpose on earth, which shouldn't be limited to one or few, because everything we do, and every decision we make, affects our world one way or another, and influences the destiny of others. So, at this very moment that I am typing this, I have fulfilled my destiny, and whatever I do after this, is still a fulfillment of my destiny. In my opinion, if destiny exists, then we fulfill it ever millisecond of our being.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Destinies Cut Short? by Obembem: 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
Xensity:

You seem to have a skewed understanding of destiny, one that suggests that every human was created to attain a certain kind of conventional success in a particular field of life, and failure to attain this success, is sort of an unfulfillment of destiny. Did it ever occur to you that some people's destiny could be to die young or to die conventionally unfulfilled?

Let me use an example. We are living in this relatively war-free, post modern era because the world has sort of achieved a kind of peace and unity that was only made possible by the events that proceeded from the aftermath of the 2nd world war. But for the second world war to have ended the way it did, millions of people had to die. Couldn't you say that the destiny of those people that died was that they would die the way they did so that the war would end the way it did?

Let use your friends as an example. Let's say a couple of hours from now, an attractive and well to do male Nairalander sees this post, clicks on your profile and develops an attraction towards you. Two weeks later, he sends you a pm and you guys become friends. A month later, the both of you meet offline and develop an intimate relationship. Years later the two of you get married. Clearly, creating this thread was what led to you meeting this guy. And also, obviously, marrying him was your destiny, going by your understanding of destiny. But for you to have created this thread, your friends had to die. Would you then say that their death was a necessary antecedent to the achievement of your destiny? If this is so, was it their destiny to die at this particular time?

My problem with the this whole concept of destiny, is that people fail to realize that our present state, is a product of a plethora of prior causes, and what we are now, is a result of millions of random events that have happened in the past. At every second of our lives, we have achieved a universal state that can be classified as the achievement of our destiny, since destiny is basically our purpose on earth, which shouldn't be limited to one or few, because everything we do, and every decision we make, affects our world one way or another, and influences the destiny of others. So, at this very moment that I am typing this, I have fulfilled my destiny, and whatever I do after this, is still a fulfillment of my destiny. In my opinion, if destiny exists, then we fulfill it ever millisecond of our being.

wow! you've said it all

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Every Woman You Know Does These Things In The Secret / What's The Danger Of Having Numerous Facebook Friends As A Young Girl? / Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.