Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know (5539 Views)

Why Every Blogger Should Learn To Code / 7 simple things every blogger should take into account / Guidelines To Blogging Every Blogger Should Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:44am On Dec 28, 2016
Contents
A. How To Display Related Articles On Your Blog
B. Where To Get Responsive Mobile Templates
C. How To Podcast With Your Blog
D. Alternatives To Google Adsense
E. Best Mobile Apps For Posting On Blogs
F. How To Embed Twitter Timelines /Facebook Like Button On Your Blog

How To Display Related Articles On Your Blog.

We all know that Majority Of Internet Users View The Web From A Mobile Device. It's also nice to see articles that are related to the topic you are reading about.. There are Basically Two ways to do this

LinkWithin

Go to http://LinkWithin.com
Register your blog then Install the plug in directly below your blog posts.
If you go to Dashboard >Layout, You should see an option to add a new gadget directly below the blog posts. Add the gadget and you're good to go.
Note that the position of the gadget may differ depending on your template

Javascript.
Use A Simple Javascript Code To Achieve This. On my blog Both Javascript And LinkWithin is in place.. This makes the site more viewer friendly and interactive.

Where To Get Responsive Blogger Templates
You Might Ask What Responsive Blogger Templates Are.
A Responsive Blogger Template is a template that has a customizable mobile view and a customizable pc view as well.

Here is an easy way to get Responsive Templates... Go To http://bestbloggertemplates.net or simply Google this "Download Responsive Blogger Templates" . Make Sure You View The Template Before Downloading It.. Only Few Responsive Templates Are Free The Rest Might Cost You Some Money

How To Make A Podcast
A Podcast Allows Those who Subscribe To Your Blog's Rss Feeds via feed readers or online to download /stream music or videos directly from your feeds.. To Set it Up.

Go To Dashboard- Settings - Post And Comments
Tick the Allow Enclosure Links Option

When you post a music video, before publishing, click on links. Input The direct download link of the song in the enclosure links box.. Then publish. Note that only mp3/wav/mp4 is supported

Alternatives To Google Adsense

I really don't need to emphasize much on this so I'll just give out the list
Chitika
Bidvertiser
Addynamo
Adiquity
Qadabra
Media.net
Inmobi

.E.t.c.

It's Advisable To Have More Than One Blogger App On Your Device.. Here are My Top 3 Apps For Posting On My Blog

Bloggeroid
I simply love this app.. It Allows You Post Pictures And Position It Anywhere In A Post..

Blogaway

Blogaway Let's You Change The Color Of Your Posts, Position Pictures And Modify Previous Posts, Add Links And Videos

Blogger
This Is The default blogger app.. With Few Features.. It might be upgraded later

How To Embed Twitter Timelines On Your Blog

Go to http://twitter.com/settings/widgets
Click on create new widget
Then select timeline
Follow the prompts. You'll be given a html code to place on your blog

Facebook

If you want to create any facebook widget just go to http://developers.facebook.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by nmreports: 6:57am On Dec 28, 2016
Im loving number one. Would try it.

Check my blog www.HRtechnique.com
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:58am On Dec 28, 2016
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Innodon(m): 7:00am On Dec 28, 2016
Ok....the guy above me has something to say and the guy below me is saying something already

1 Like

Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Deem: 7:00am On Dec 28, 2016
Repetitions
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Raemhure001(m): 7:01am On Dec 28, 2016
okay
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by osumak2: 7:01am On Dec 28, 2016
undecided
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Alphasoar(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for the info. Moving over to Alphasoar to check whatsup!

Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Benjom(m): 7:03am On Dec 28, 2016
Good effort
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by directonpc(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2016
Nicer 1
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by realGURU(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2016
nice one
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by exlinkleads(f): 7:05am On Dec 28, 2016
nice
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Angelinastto(f): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2016
Fact!
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by donbrowser(m): 7:23am On Dec 28, 2016
Na true jare

Verified US and Naija Adsense for sale.
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by SpecialStar(m): 7:24am On Dec 28, 2016
I will sit here
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by ItzHoludex(m): 7:25am On Dec 28, 2016
ok
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Sixkobo(f): 7:29am On Dec 28, 2016
Have all in my site plus responsive theme. Check signature to view and I can FREELY give it out.
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by mengho(m): 8:10am On Dec 28, 2016
Sixkobo:
Have all in my site plus responsive theme. Check signature to view and I can FREELY give it out.

Me want ur adsense cheesy
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Sixkobo(f): 8:12am On Dec 28, 2016
mengho:

Me want ur adsense cheesy
Did you check the site? You didn't so kindlycheck nd quote
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by mayberry1(f): 8:30am On Dec 28, 2016
90% of bloggers in Nigeria blog for the money, no passion whatsoever. 'Intellectual thefts'; plagiarism is the order of the day for them without recourse to acknowledgement, I bet so many don't know what 'libel' is. How about trying to take free online courses on media and ethics before feeding the public with junks or sensational news, rather they would keep crying about low traffic with their poor grammatically written stories. I feel pity for Nigerians overseas who always want to patronize any blog/news site just to be abreast with the happenings in the country.

1 Like

Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Fantusi(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2016
Omo see lecturing oh! 3 gbosa for you wallahi NAIJATECHGUY
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by mengho(m): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2016
Sixkobo:

I did, am an especially curious person so I do dis kind thing on reflex. By d way, dats some super responsive template
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Fantusi(m): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2016
Sixkobo:

Its done, do d needful.
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by mengho(m): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2016
mayberry1:
90% of bloggers in Nigeria blog for the money, no passion whatsoever. 'Intellectual thefts'; plagiarism is the other of the day for them without recourse to acknowledgement, I bet so many don't know what 'libel' is. How about trying to take free online courses on media and ethics before feeding the public with junks or sensational news, rather they would keep crying about low traffic with their poor grammatically written stories. I feel pity for Nigerians overseas who always want to patronize any blog/news site just to be abreast with the happenings in the country.

This sister, be nice to ur fellow country men
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Sixkobo(f): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2016
Fantusi:

Its done, do d needful.
Did u see Adsense ad? Ask for what u see there. Give me your link
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Sixkobo(f): 8:55am On Dec 28, 2016
mayberry1:
90% of bloggers in Nigeria blog for the money, no passion whatsoever. 'Intellectual thefts'; plagiarism is the other of the day for them without recourse to acknowledgement, I bet so many don't know what 'libel' is. How about trying to take free online courses on media and ethics before feeding the public with junks or sensational news, rather they would keep crying about low traffic with their poor grammatically written stories. I feel pity for Nigerians overseas who always want to patronize any blog/news site just to be abreast with the happenings in the country.

You are right dear but 99℅ . They are 1℅ bloggers who write original article, and I am such... Check my signature and check my blog.

I don't do News and Entertainment so I don't copy.
By by way, what do you expect from citizens of a country that their President even Plagiarize? #ShotFired #CoverHead
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Oluwolex2000(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2016
Nice one bro....

Mean WHILE visit

[url]Horatis.com[/url] to book a deal

Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by mayberry1(f): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2016
Sixkobo:

You are right dear but 99℅ . They are 1℅ bloggers who write original article, and I am such... Check my signature and check my blog.

I don't do News and Entertainment so I don't copy.
By by way, what do you expect from citizens of a country that their President even Plagiarize? #ShotFired #CoverHead

Lol...was tryna be nice with the figure cheesy. OK, will do that asap.
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:27am On Dec 28, 2016
Fantusi:
Omo see lecturing oh! 3 gbosa for you wallahi NAIJATECHGUY
hehehe.. Thanks Bro.
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by YhungPablo(m): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2016
naijatechguy and FP are like 5&6
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 28, 2016
i think wordpress is better than using blogger. i opend up a wordpress blog in d early hours of a day, fastforward to evening i searchd for the blog on google and could find it. the same cant be said for my blogger blogs that i could hardly find on the internet. i would rather tweak my wordpress blog than tweaking blogger with the above mentioned tips
Re: 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
YhungPablo:
naijatechguy and FP are like 5&6
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Guest Posting Can Help You In 2019 / Where To Get PhpBB Forum Software / 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.