Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,017 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:32 AM

WAKANOW-I Need My Refund - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / WAKANOW-I Need My Refund (3158 Views)

Horrible Experience With Wakanow! Avoid!!! / Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August / I Have Just Been Scammed By Wakanow. UPDATED: Wakanow Refunded My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by awumen: 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
please MOD,assist to
Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by awumen: 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
please any nairalander with details of contacts in wakanow that can help fast track.pls drop it here. they are taking calls neither are they responding to mails.
Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by awumen: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
MOD,please frontpage o. 1.6 million no b beans for did weather o.wakanow,refund me o
Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
No details of payment, no reference number, no dates or country of destination. You are not a serious somebody jor
Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by iyobs7(f): 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
He's sounding like a tout. What will you gain from tarnishing their image here on nairaland? I have done deals with wakanow that went through, some were delayed but still went through.

Visit their website, call their customer care lines and you'll be attended to adequately.
Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by akinswaggs(m): 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
awumen:
please MOD,assist to put on frontpage.I transferred 1.6million to wakanow on friday, they confirmed receipt of money and began the story of visa won't be ready until a date that isn't OK for my travel.now we resolve same friday that I will get refund since no service was tendered (no ticket,no visa was issued),I made payment to hold down spot.have sent several mails since on Sunday till but no response,have severally since Saturday but its one story after the other. please Nigerians tell wakanow to refund my mone.y.I need it urgently. Odili

where are your proofs?
Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by awumen: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2016
akinswaggs:

where are your proofs?
many thanks akinswaggs,wakanow is sorting these out. @ iyobs, i trust you have not used wakanow as many times as i must have done but you are free to your opinion. @dreamwaker, thanks for reminding of how unserious that i am.

1 Like

Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by slimawwal: 7:22am On Dec 31, 2017
Welcome to the club. Wakanow has been owning me N97,983 which was a double payment I paid for change of date for over a month now, Even after confirming the payment, I have called more than 20 times send over 30 email , but they are yet to refund my money, Each time I call after repeating the whole story to the person that picked the call they tell me to go back and send an email to info and copy refund ( which I have done over 30 times with no response).

I personally would not recommend wakanow to anybody, the truth is when there is a small complication their service quality is very very bad.

Find attached email I received from wakanow on the 1/12/2017 confirming double payment and said their refund team would get back to me shortly, I am still yet to get the refund even after 20 calls and 30 email.

1 Share

Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by Acube2: 9:46am On Jun 23, 2018
Hello House,

Wakanow is presently dealing with me.
They didn't not confirm my bookings, one 585k, one 645k, another 583k , after several emails and calls, until I booked a 700k ticket, that's when they financed it with my outstanding fund(for three days) and no confirmation email. One of their staff even asked for a credit b4 he would treat my request. Which I sent(ibhave the scfeenshot). Then I saw a new ticket of 460k, and I booked it, that's when they said they have already issued a ticket for the 700k(thats when they now sent a confirmation email). I was told by a an insider I have there that there is no big deal in it, that they can cancel that ticket and finance a new one. But they insisted it's too late.
Bottom line: I booked several low fare, they didn't issue a ticket, Infact I was told several times that the person handling my transaction is on leave, so they can't treat until he is back. They are now issuing a ticket for a high fare. So unfair!!!
I am not gonna let this slide. I would deal with them, because of their next victim.
So I am making this go viral on both twitter and facebook. #wakanowisascam. I need ur support.
I am working in conjunction with two SUG presidents, we are getting more than 5m retweets.
I would feed u back as it goes.
Thanks you
Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by Acube2: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2018
The owner has contacted me. The issue is being resolved
Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by Twetwi: 8:29am On Dec 12, 2018
Wakanow at it again,

I booked a ticket for a return flight out of London,
Payment was made, payment was confirmed. To cut long story short I called the airline for 72hrs and they kept telling me ticket was queued and will be issued shortly.

6hrs to the flight, I received this email:

We regret to inform you that all effort to issue your ticket on Airfrance proved abortive

We advise that you send an email to refunds@wakanow.com with your payment details and bank account, requesting for refunds

We hope to hear from you soon and we sincerely regret the unfavorable experience

I later called and queried why they couldn't issue ticket when the flight was still available on their booking site. I made additional payment to commesurate for the new price... same thing...VOICE MAIL.

OYA refund so we can buy new ticket..... NO RESPONSE

Passenger was left stranded in london....
Re: WAKANOW-I Need My Refund by welzyj2(m): 10:11am On Dec 12, 2018
i cancelled a ticket in August for a flight to Dubai. my refund has been confirmed but for payment to be made, it's taking forever. Been calling and following up vai emails yet no response.

Will be glad if someone can help me with a direct contact.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Decided To Walk From Nigeria To Egypt (see Screenshot) / Plane Crash At Ikeja Airport / Relocating Abroad With Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.