Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,205 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts (35959 Views)

Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. / Moving To America, Great Investment. / Visitors To America Must Now Surrender Their Social Media Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by austino677(m): 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

You must get and you .must submit
lemme go open new one tonight embarassed

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
austino677:
What of those wey nor get Facebook account like me sad
u gor surrenda ya nairaland acct be dat.

u don do enuf e-trybal fighting in d past abi?
ogbeni, ee don set 4 u be dat grin
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by austino677(m): 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
MichaelSokoto:

u gor surrenda ya nairaland acct be dat.

u don do enuf e-trybal fighting in d past abi?
ogbeni, ee don set 4 u be dat grin
nawaooo enemies cry
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Toks2008(m): 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
carmag:
.Nonsense

they think they are cleaver my social media account had never linked to my names

by the way I'm a staunch supporter of Trump or any group capable of wiping out terrorism and suicide bombing in this planet

Sometimes I wonder if Americans are as intelligent as they want the world to believe..

As long as aquisition of visitor visa is still hinged on the generic questions asked by the consulate...terrorist will always have easy access to the states cos most times these bad guys would have perfected the skills of answering these questions so well thereby beating the socal led psychologically sound consulate officers.

But if all documents are scrutinized to ascertain genuine visitors to the states,there will be a drastic reduction in the influx of terrorists.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by bigfather(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
niggi4life:
For those of you who hide behind the computer and spew trash on social media, e don be for una grin

Thank God i am Holy, Pure and without any Sin of such tongue

Please consular, can i come and get the Green Card Wole Soyinka is not using again?? kiss

Lol...their beans don over boil abi ? grin
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by VickyRotex(f): 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
Mcowubaba:

angry

Smh!
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by falopey: 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
Daviddson:
The US keep shooting themselves in the foot everyday. What happens to their so-called mirage of absolute liberty. This clearly reveals that it never existed. If an African country had brought this policy, they'll have been thrown them one or two sanctions.

I'm not against this in itself - it's actually a necessity for security, but I'm trying to point out their inconsistencies and hypocrisies.
when the issue of national security is at stake or maybe at the time of war to protect the larger populace, the issue of privacy can be constitutionally violated. We won't give you privacy to the detriment if others.

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Osiris16: 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
This applies to countries that can enter the US without visa's for a limited time and in the interest of national security. At least this is a government doing what it can to protect its borders, I have no issue with that
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by kabman: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
Surveillance state in full effect.only foolish Americans still think they have freedom

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Cletus77(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
It's not my country or where i plan on staying give d wailers their chance abeg!
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by akokaite(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
what did I see..... visa waiver?
into USA? I need to get to USA embassy as early as 5am tomorrow morning. gd day!
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Whytelyon(m): 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2016

Many thanks to our Islamic brothers. They have done well... grin

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
You are only smart by half.

Your phantom social media account is linked to your real phone number which is linked to your real identity.

\

ahaa !! you failed it already

..my main number have never linked to any social media if you know small Nokia touch that has no Internet access, Gbaam . that is where I slot my regular number if you've lived in abroad you should know this as it would be difficult to track you with such phones

the very number i use for my social media activities is a random sim card i picked on the street which no one has ever called me on it ..specifically for social media
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by CSTR13: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
All those anti-american nutjobs on nairaland, well this is for you.
America has rejected you. Go to your beloved china and Russia.

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by CSTR13: 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
carmag:
.Nonsense

they think they are cleaver my social media account had never linked to my names

by the way I'm a staunch supporter of Trump or any group capable of wiping out terrorism and suicide bombing in this planet
The internet you are using, the physical server (Computer) that hosts the website you are browsing, the google you are searching....all these are owned by Americans. As far as internet is concerned, you a complete dependant. Do you want to try argue with the masters who created it? ... America is a bully. Just know it.

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by claremont(m): 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
falopey:
when the issue of national security is at stake or maybe at the time of war to protect the larger populace, the issue of privacy can be constitutionally violated. We won't give you privacy to the detriment if others.

The key word.

They UK government tried to promulgate a similar policy whereby they would have access to the internet history of anyone living in the UK, the policy was challenged and defeated in court. The EU court of human rights reaffirmed that citizens living in the UK have a right to privacy as a human right. This unofficial American policy is not constitutional, therefore, it's illegal.

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by CSTR13: 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

The internet you are using, the physical server (Computer) that hosts the website you are browsing, the google you are searching....all these are owned by Americans. As far as internet is concerned, you a complete dependant. Do you want to try argue with the masters who created it? ... America is a bully. Just know it.
Every superpower empire in history is a bully.
From Assyria to Egypt to babylon, medo-persia, Greece, Roman, and UK and now down to America. If Nigeria ever becomes a reigning superpower, it will become a bully. It comes with the territory.
You should even grateful that america is the bully.
Imagine how the world be if mindless China was the bully. Nigeria would have been annexed and all her oil sent to china for industries.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by CSTR13: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
claremont:

The key word.

They UK government tried to promulgate a similar policy whereby they would have access to the internet history of anyone living in the UK, the policy was challenged and defeated in court. The EU court of human rights reaffirmed that citizens living in the UK have a right to privacy as a human right. This unofficial American policy is not constitutional, therefore, it's illegal.
Wait till trump gets in. cheesy
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Paradise is at the top of my list, not the US. The US is not even on my list of places I want to visit. I honestly prefer Nigeria more than the US, far far.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by gbegemaster(m): 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
niggi4life:
For those of you who hide behind the computer and [b]spew trash on social media, e don be for una grin

Thank God i am Holy, Pure and without any Sin of such tongue

Please consular, can i come and get the Green Card Wole Soyinka is not using again?? kiss[/b]
Lol. Righteous words. Simply righteous.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by juman(m): 11:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
Anybody can buy any kind of gun in their country, thats already significant insecurity.

They breed a sizeable number of very poor people, that is also already significant insecurity.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by falopey: 3:17am On Dec 29, 2016
claremont:

The key word.

During the second world war, all Japanese Americans were rounded uo as many as they could lay their hand on, not as criminals but as American citizens with Japanese ancestry. They were put in an area (camp) where they could be under the watchful eyes of the American intelligence because America was in a war with Japan and feared that the Japanese Americans could sabotage American effort in a war with Japan.

This is America and not UK. You talked about people living in the UK. This is not about people living in the US. It's about people that would like to visit the US. Remember that nobody on earth has the right to visit any country except the citizens of that country. So if they say that is what they want before you can visit their country, it's either you accept it or you go back to your house because visiting any country as a non citizen is a privilege and not a right. Right to some human rights can be limited against a few to protect the larger populace in the time of war or in order to maintain national security. So America has done it before. Maybe you don't know about cases of America POE officers demanding for visitors phone to look through their phone messages in order to get a clue about their visit when they suspect that the visitor is not truthful about the reason for his visit. Yes people have been turned back at the POE because of information gotten from their phone.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by guiddoti: 6:10am On Dec 29, 2016
VickyRotex:

You go surrender your Nairaland account ni undecided
OK! Nppower! oyinbo no gt sense again ni? naira note account is secure.

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by bayulll011(m): 7:31am On Dec 29, 2016
carmag:
.Nonsense

use ur brain u will be advice to log on ur social media platforms,if u dont use ur real name atleast ur real picture will be there,then if ur picture is not there,automatic rejection for u,back to ur hole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by bayulll011(m): 7:35am On Dec 29, 2016
claremont:

The key word.

oga when it's come to checkmating terrorism and all criminal activities ur privacy will be trample and battered forget story the UK court gave such judgement simply because terrorist acts was not rampant in let one or two bombing happen that court will telll u to submit ur social media account before you enter a bus in uk
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by cao(f): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2016
Like a true terrorist will give you their actual social media. Abeg shift. Yankee & their overzealous tendencies. Na so I was traveling with my family (since I was the only one traveling without a Nigerian passport, but of course I have to follow my family na), that's how the immigration officer asked me why didn't I bring my Nigerian passport, na so I clap back - "it's unnecessary, since I'm not traveling as a Nigerian citizen".

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by helper01(m): 9:37am On Dec 30, 2016
Almand:

unpleasant consequences for who terrorists who are taking advantage of freedom to cause havoc or sleep terrorist agent like you

I beg your pardon! did you just make a fallacious and insurrectionary reference of me or your mental and neuro faculties hit a moratorium, hence, your ill-thought-out and foolhardy remarks?
Moreover, I am indignant and disdainful of your inks, rummage for an inane schnook of your calibre.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Almand: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
helper01:

I beg your pardon! I just make a fallacious and insurrectionary reference of me amd my mental and neuro faculties hit a moratorium, hence, my ill-thought-out and foolhardy remarks?
Moreover, I am indignant and disdainful of my inks, rummage for an inane schnook of me calibre.
Get well soon!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Skaters: The New Menace On Roads In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: This Is The True Story - TrackaNG / Poor Road Condition Of Nnewi, Anambra State (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.