Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 (38181 Views)

5 Online Businesses You Can Start With Low Budget Even If You Are Broke / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start Today / Nigerian Economy: Here Are Some Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
Considering the skyrocketing increase in cost of living in Nigeria, one will have no option than to shed tears for both the unemployed and under employed masses. Instead of news of 20,000, 5000 or 500 people being employed, the most common news these days are either zenith bank sacking 1200 employees or first bank sacking 2400 employees or oil companies sacking 18500 people and so on. This series of downsizing by Nigerian companies is becoming too alarming and Nigerians need to embrace online alternatives for creating a sustainable income.

Today, I will be sharing with the Nairaland community 3 legitimate Online businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017

1. Affiliate marketing

this is one of the most profitable online businesses on the internet. The ideology of affiliate marketing is simple. X sells a product, I recommend the product to Y, Y buys the product based on my recommendation and X pays me a commission for bringing him a sale.
Successful affiliate marketers in the world make millions of dollars annually doing nothing but affiliate marketing. The earning potential in this business model is very high as the likes of Zack Johnson, Mark ling, john chow and many other affiliate marketers earns upward of two million dollar annually. That is about eight hundred million naira yearly.
Nigerians can learn and utilize this business model. A major advantage affiliate marketing has is that it can serve as a lifetime career if one choose to and it can be easily automated to run hands free.

2. Freelancing

This is also a very profitable online venture. The ideology behind freelancing is also simple: X is a programmer or a good writer, Y hires X to write articles for him or program, Y pays X for the services he has rendered and Y use the work as if he actually did it himself.
This is basically what freelancing is all about. You work for big companies/corporations/individuals using your special skills and you are paid for the services you rendered. This special skills range widely from translations of one language to another to singing a song, to programming, to writings of various kinds, to graphic designs, to customer service, data entries, accounting etc.
One of the major advantages of this online business model is that you do all your works from where ever you feel like, usually from the comfort of your home. Few major setbacks to this business model are that it cannot be easily automated and it is relatively time consuming.

3. Blogging

you can build a continuous income source by becoming a blogger. Simply discussing about a popular topic has the potential of driving lots of traffic to your blog, you can incorporate various sources of income to your blog.
This online business model appeals to new internet users. Success in blogging requires a lot of hard work. I am still researching the estimated population of bloggers in Nigeria but in United States alone, there are over 40million bloggers out of which only about 2% are considered very successful. By being very successful I mean being able to live the kind of lifestyle they want off their blog.
If you want to go into this business model you should be fully prepared. You should know that you are approaching an uphill task so tighten up your belt.

Conclusion

I know that the question in your mind now is which is the ideal online business among this business models. The truth about these online businesses is that they are all profitable if you are able to pay the price.

Personally, I am into affiliate marketing and partially into freelancing. The major reason why I choose the affiliate marketing business model is that it meets my personal ideal online business criteria. The criteria are:

I should be able to operate my business from anywhere. All the 3 models meet these criteria.
I should earn money while I am asleep or on a vacation. Affiliate marketing and blogging meets these criteria.
It should be easily automated to run hands free without much of my interference. Only affiliate marketing meets this best.

Pick up your business model and work on it

I will reveal to few lucky Nairalanders how to gain financial freedom through affiliate marketing in 2017. Join us at www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html

13 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
feel free to ask all your affiliate marketing related questions.
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Jodforex(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
MMM
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
cool cool cool cool hope it wout crash just like mmm cheesy cheesy cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Jodforex(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by DirtyGold: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
What's tha business?

3 Likes

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Silentscreamer(f): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice info, though dey r not dat easy

2 Likes

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by olu006(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
MMM all d way

9 Likes

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by sunnywhyt(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
List not complete MMM no dey dere

8 Likes

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
Jodforex:
grin

hahhhhh truly she was not their grin grin grin
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by onosprince(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
Yahoo Yahoo grin

8 Likes

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by akoredebadru(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
Informative
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
cool cool cool cool hope it wout crash just like mmm cheesy cheesy cheesy

MMM is an hit and run business strategy. i am talking about business models that you can pursue a lifetime career on.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice one

Observing
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
eediot people saying MMM
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
akoredebadru:
Informative

thanks bro.
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
himkers:
eediot people saying MMM

those guys will never stop dreaming.

1 Like

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
Jodforex:
MMM
cheesy

i mean legitimate online businesses that you can do throughout your lifetime. not the mmm hit and run grin
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:
feel free to ask all your affiliate marketing related questions.
PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO BE AN AFFILILIATE MARKETER. WHICH WILL YOU RECOMMEND FOR ME?
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by lifestyle1(m): 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
OGAJosy:
PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO BE AN AFFILILIATE MARKETER. WHICH WILL YOU RECOMMEND FOR ME?

i recommend affiliation with digital affiliate market places like clickbank, Jvzoo or Cj. you can see my comprehensive work on them at www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html your success is truly my pride.
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Kaykay(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
Importexpert, i chatted you on your What apps & didn't get any feedback. Is your phone contact active? Or ......it 's just demo?
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
2kaybiel:
Nice one

Observing

chief observer of the Armless forces of Nairaland wink
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by wexyee: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
tutorials nko grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Kaykay:
Importexpert, i chatted you on your What apps & didn't get any feedback. Is your phone contact active? Or ......it 's just demo?

sorry for that. kindly call or flash me. your success is my pride.
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:

chief observer of the Armless forces of Nairaland wink

You notice well

Still observing
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Adeyinka12(m): 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
What are the website( Company ) can you recommend for this bussines
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Ajusshi: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:

i mean legitimate online businesses that you can do throughout your lifetime. not the mmm hit and run grin

Nairabet wink
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Crysallis(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
BLogging is a good option
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Adeyinka12:
What are the website( Company ) can you recommend for this bussines

clickbank, commission junction or jvzoo. if you need a detailed guide on how to succeed in the business kindly refer to www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard / From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move / Femi Otedola Meets Kupe9ja, Viral Cerebral Palsy Survivor (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.