Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:03 PM

10 Things That Annoyed President Muhammed Buhari In 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things That Annoyed President Muhammed Buhari In 2016 (446 Views)

Buhari Carries First Child To Be Delivered At Kuchigoro, Named Muhammed Buhari / 10 Things That Annoyed Buhari In 2016 / 10 Things That Annoyed Buhari In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Things That Annoyed President Muhammed Buhari In 2016 by Shawntops(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
Governor Ayo Fayose

“Every one of my trips can be politically or economically assessed. I recall that the first trip I had was to go to Chad and Niger. The trip was mainly because of Nigeria’s security.

“I have not seen any frivolous journey that I undertook. I understand that the Governor of Ekiti State (Ayo Fayose) said that every trip I make costs Nigeria at least $1m. I do not know how he worked that out. But every trip that I have made, there must be economic and political reasons that justified them. Those who do not see it the way the government sees it have the right not to agree and say whatever they like. But we will try and give them the appropriate reply.”

Aisha Buhari

“I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room. So I claim superior knowledge over her and the rest of the opposition, because in the end I have succeeded. It’s not easy to satisfy the whole Nigerian opposition parties or to participate in the government.
“I am sure you have a house. You know where your kitchen is. You know where your living room is, and I believe your wife looks after all of that, even if she is working.”

Corruption

“The corruption we met at personal and institutional levels was unbelievable. Corruption was turning into a culture. After we came in, people started realising the truth. Nigeria will either kill corruption or corruption will kill Nigeria in the long run. It has not been easy for another party to come in and get things done properly, especially with the new economic reality of $37 per barrel of oil, against the $100 for the period, and there was no savings, no infrastructure on the ground.”

Judiciary

“On the fight against corruption vis-à-vis the judiciary, Nigerians will be right to say that is my main headache for now. If you reflect on what I went through for 12 years, when I wanted to be the President, I attempted three times and on the fourth attempt, through God and the use of technology, it was possible for Nigerians to elect an APC candidate as President.

“I am worried that the expectation of the public is yet to be met by the judiciary with regard to the removal of delay and the toleration of delay tactics by lawyers. When cases are not concluded, the negative impression is given that crime pays. So far, the corruption cases filed by government are not progressing as speedily as they should in spite of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act of 2015 essentially because the courts allow some lawyers to frustrate the reforms introduced by law.”

Niger Delta militants

“We are trying to speak with their leaders, to know how many groups there are. And, we are also working with the oil companies. The militants engage in sophisticated sabotage, using skills they had gained from training either by the government, or the oil companies, to vandalise installations deep in the sea. We need to understand who the real agitators are, and engage (in dialogue) with them, so that confidence can be restored in the region. The Niger Delta situation is more complex, since the militants have no central command, and some of them are mere extortioners.”

Confab report

............ Read more @http://www.shawntops.com/2016/12/10-things-that-annoyed-president.html

Source:http://www.shawntops.com/2016/12/10-things-that-annoyed-president.html
Re: 10 Things That Annoyed President Muhammed Buhari In 2016 by iambijo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Highlight thing that annoyed him boldly mana

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto Launches Community Contributory Health Scheme (CCHS) Pictures / President Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council / Nigerian Graduate Deported From South Africa Resorts To Selling 'mama Put'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.