Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Revamp 101 - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Revamp 101 (2416 Views)

Construct And Revamp Your Weaves For 5k Only / Revamp Your Weave Into A Wig / DIY How To Revamp Your Old Bags Using Ankara Fabric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
Are you a fashionista?

Were you formerly a fashionista?

Do you want to become a fashionista?

Have you decided that henceforth -2017 you want to change your fashion sense and upgrade somewhat?

Are you some what clueless as to combining clothes to look hawt

Are you single, married and female?

Then this is the spot for you!

I'm starting up this thread because I answered yes to one or more of these questions above and want to chronicle my journey to becoming a fashionista here wink

All are welcome!

Feel free to share tips and ideas too

Happy new year in advance my co- fashionistas!

1 Like

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
The starting point for this journey is to empty my wardrobe and determine what is actually in there!

I've sorted the shirts and pants-trousers and brought out the worn out ones to be discarded or given away!

Next will be all the trad wear! The ones from 1960 will definitely go lol!!!!

Once a full inventory of the entire wardrobe id done and completed.

It'll be easier to determine what to shop for once there's surplus cash

I'm discovering that it's best to be sequential and somewhat orderly while rearranging the clothes.

Determine how many jeans you actually have, sort the pants by color and length! No point buying an additional pair of Black pants when you have no grey ones for eg

I revently paid heavily for a new outfit which was a disaster when the tailor handed it over. At the last minute I discovered I had a suitable dress I could have worn and saved my money.

Lesson learnt - if my wardrobe was well sorted and properly organized is have realized what I needed was right in front of me

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
Next up we are moving onto accessories!

Starting up with the shoe rack.... Look through extensively pack all those which need repairs asides!

Get a neutral liquid polish for your colored shoes shine them and keep in the sun for an hour or so!

Polish the others as may be needed.

Off load the ones you've dumped in your car for aeons! Clean them and place on the rack

Make arrangements for those that need repairs and give out the old ones or discard as deemed fit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 6:48am On Jan 04, 2017
The jewellery box and make u purse comes next! Discard all Old and broken items immediately

Ensure what's left is function and still trendy

Happy new year everyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
Got off track for a long stretch! Had a family crisis that just set me back quite much! Still struggling with the issues but no need wearing my problems on my sleeves!

Still trying to sort my wardrobe and emptying it a bit more!

The key thing is to ensure that all I own are functional and quality items!

Better a few luxury items than a truck load of junk I guess!

In the bid to save costs I tried my hands on buying a few fabrics and giving them to a cheap neighborhood tailor! Needless to say it was a pure waste of time, money and efforts!

Lesson learnt is to forget recreating European styles as it were! Ready made or nothing! It may even be better to source them in the okrika markets !!!!!

This my thread feels like a diary lol
Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
Still on this fashionsita waka wink

Really lost some weight this year so I've been able to make use of some old and abandoned clothes I had kept for a time like this!

Luckily they're wardrobe staples like dark colored pants so I'm able to still wear them! They're flared bottoms too though not too flared as I'm aware "everyone" is wearing only pencil pants these days! Truth is I'm not too keen on the pencil cut to be frank, I feel it exposes or reveals my bow legs a bit more!

I'm still decluttering my wardrobe! I'm happy to be a blessing to others at this time and truly I just feel a need to purge myself deeply of material acquisitions! I'm hoping it'll help my mental health issues......

I'm also modifying some of my accessories a bit! In this tight economy it's best to look inwards and save costs even while keeping up with trends! One of my multi layered beads had been transformed to one layer, with bracelets and a pair of earrings. One iro and Buba made from heavy lace has also been converted into a simple skirt and blouse!

There you have it two new fashion items that haven't cost me an arm and a leg wink

I should put up pictures of this my journey abi??

Ciao!!
Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 9:27am On Sep 19, 2017
Some years back I came across the concept of a vision board! It's like a diary/resolution/inspiration meme where you put up pictures on a board could be online or hard copies for inspiration. The idea is that seeing your aspirations will help to achieve it!

Anyway I remembered that I got a board for it and never came round to putting up pictures. So I've decided to use one of the boards for stylespiration! wink

I'd also have a version in this thread.

For starters in going to identify people who's fashion style I love and won't mind "copying".

Mercy Aigbe and Funke Akindele are two celebrities who always look on point! I don't think I've ever seen them commit any fashion faux pas!!!

So there enjoy
Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 9:33am On Sep 19, 2017
Clips from my stylespiration board 1
Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Stylespiration 2
Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2017
One whole year went by and I didn't make good on my commitments to be a fashionista!!

Asides a few baby steps I can't pin point what I did regarding this my resolution!

Anyway another new year is here now and time to pick myself up and give it another attempt!

God willing and God sparing our lives it'll be different now wink

Positively different

I'm reaffirming myself here

Thrown out like 3 sacks of clutter some from my study and some from my wardrobe!!

If it doesn't fit it ain't staying

Got my wardrobe in order now though at least I did that this year and my study too

See what the study looks like now though the picture doesn't show the entire room! I gave s few of my old novels out to some neighbours! I couldn't believe how elated they were and I was busy cluttering my space with books I won't read again!

Na so hoarding dey enter pesin blood!

Will try and put up shots of the wardrobe

Happy new year people

2 Likes

Re: Revamp 101 by Missnande(f): 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
Following!

2 Likes

Re: Revamp 101 by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2017
Happy birthday Miss, live long and prosper cool
Missnande:
Following!
Re: Revamp 101 by Missnande(f): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Happy birthday Miss, live long and prosper cool

Thank you very much! Smiles I hope to.

2 Likes

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
Missnande:
Following!

Happy birthday albeit belated wink
Re: Revamp 101 by Missnande(f): 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
babythug:

Thank you, it's today.
Re: Revamp 101 by Missnande(f): 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
babythug:

Thank you, it's today.
Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
Missnande:

Thank you, it's today.

I was just in time then! Happy birthday and hope you've had a lovely day?

Is the party still on?
Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2018
Happy New Year to Me myself and I

Year has started on a positive note so far. I have also added regular cleaning of my car to the fashionista parole and I washed it myself once already! It wasn't hundred percent but it was certainly better than how I'd leave it with bits and bobs all over..

The fashion ministry is moving too went out yesterday and managed to put on some make up. I even wore slim jeans set. The Ankara fad is still on too will give my new tailor some to make me some casual wears. Fingers crossed

Cheers xoxo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2018
I'm so motivated and still managing my game well, dinner was even ready by 7.30pm today ;usually that's my start time for dinner lol.

I've been out twice dressed nicely though because I rushed out of the house I didn't wear make up which is against the rules of my revamp programme wink

I'm going to have to plan my time better so I can apply moderate make up even if it's just a casual outing!

Next success if I may call it that is me managing to keep my room this way for a week! It's never happened since I got married *covers face*

1 Like

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 6:42pm On Feb 03, 2018
Last week started off somewhat rough.... Had a row with Mr and it really weighed me down. I was beginning to slip back into my drab mode but God helped me I just suddenly said no and swept my room!! That was the motivation. I Needed. My success for January includes the fact that my room remained neat for literally the whole month! wink

I also accessorized quite a bit on my outings even school run cheesy. One parent knelt down to greet me lol usually no one "sees me". I will try more I'm encouraged by two programmes I watched this month. One was about some American women serving jail time. They had well done hair and make up despite their circumstances! The other was my 600 pound life , for some of the women despite their huge sizes and being bedridden ( some of them) they would take the pains to look presentable at least facially!!

I've been inspired and received motivation even in the least unlikely places...

February be good to me!!!!
Re: Revamp 101 by iyerim: 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
Following. I love the fact that you are realistic. Pl

1 Like

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 10:43am On Jul 01, 2018
My.mummy passed away a few months back.

Stress and depression set in.

My weight has skyrocketed. Many clothes dont fit anymore

Slaying while being overweight is really really hard.

The struggle continues though.

This upcoming fashionista will not give up

Getting back on track this month

Wish me luck

Xoxo

2 Likes

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2018
Keeping this space has really helped me , just reading through has gingered me for the walk ahead. I infact fr up and started sorting my room.

Went out over the weekend and wore a nice wrap dress which I kinda designed myself. I think I looked nice, couldn't take pictures though but I'm mentally getting back there ..

Xoxo
Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
My tete a tete corner - work in progress wink

Re: Revamp 101 by babythug(f): 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Finally got the hang of this! Lost some weight too . My wardrobe has finally been well decluttered and stocked with decent wears. I’m finding my stylespiration and defining my style! Things are really looking up now!
Re: Revamp 101 by emysmile: 10:08am On Nov 16, 2021
Nice

When you think of clearing your space please remember me.

I use it to teach kids and teens in my neighbourhood.

I use everything and anything for crafts, teaching aids, drama props etc
I refashion and repurpose too.

Thanks

Mummy the teacher

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2021 Stunning Wedding Dresses | The Top Wedding Gown Trends Of 2021 / Does Any One Know Tender Touch In V.i / Quality American Childrens Wears For Boys & Girls (tops,jean,skirts Shoes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.