Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,764 members, 7,798,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (60498 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Because Jesus Christ has come.
To accomplish the perfect redemption.

Simple...

You believe that God sacrificed his son for humanity which is a very great sin according to the muslims. Let me hear you complain when Islamic militants go about cutting your necks for Allah. They are doing the work of Allah the creator of the universe just as you guys beleive all the genoicdal fools in the bible were doing.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by JackBizzle: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Quiet, dont be in a hurry.

Now, if u make a robot to follow your instructions and then it starts to follow other instructions, what will u do to the robot?

Asides that, do you know many of the people that were killed by God in the OT were using their kids as human rituals to baal?

Are u aware?
Is that how God designed man to function?
Besides, u just said sentencing a murder criminal is not murder.
So what is your problem?

God killed children many times in the old testament.

He burned down Sodom and Gommorah
He sent the isrealites to occupy and kill the canaanites
He drowned the whole world and left only Noah's family

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Rilwayne001: 8:03am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Quiet, dont be in a hurry.

Now, if u make a robot to follow your instructions and then it starts to follow other instructions, what will u do to the robot?

Asides that, do you know many of the people that were killed by God in the OT were using their kids as human rituals to baal?

Are u aware?
Is that how God designed man to function?
Besides, u just said sentencing a murder criminal is not murder.
So what is your problem?

This is very daft of you!! Shekau can argue the same thing to defend himself. What now is the difference between what you believe and what shekau believe? Whereas you and your lots will tag Islam an evil religion as a result of some deluded fanatics doing exactly what you are defending here. Are you now any different from boko-haram, ISIS who thinks themselves as a tool God is using to judge those who's gone astray?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 8:05am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Just hold it.
because u didnt know what obtained then.

Besides, the laws of those days were a picture of what the hearts of men were then.
Dont blindly try to analyze it with your facebook and twitter brain of nowadays.

When we went to primary school, flogging was ideal punishment.
Today, many are against it.

So use wisdom when talking.

That's because human morality is always evolving. It has nothing to do with any God. Now in many parts of the world gay relationship have become main stream for example. During bi local times as we're to be stoned. In fact these people were so barbaric that they truly believe that stoning their disobedient children to death was the right thing. These are the people whose actions you are trying to justify because they wrote it down in a book and said sonme God they imagined told them to write it.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 8:05am On Dec 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

This is very daft of you!! Shekau can argue the same thing to defend himself. What now is the difference between what you believe and what shekau believe? Whereas you and your lots will tag Islam an evil religion as a result of some deluded fanatics doing exactly what you are defending here. Are you now any different from boko-haram, ISIS who thinks themselves as a tool God is using to judge those who's gone astray?

Forget these deluded goons.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:
The same William Lane Craig that is on record to have said that maybe God did not tell the Israelites to commit all those atrocities but they just wrote it down themselves in his debate with Eddy Tabash. This man is a Joke.

If we are to go by his divine command theory then there is no need frowning at Islamic terrorist afee all they are carrying out the will of Allah and his judgement on the infidel nations.
KingEbukasBlog you are missing this critical part of the discussion.

What is your excuse to the bolded part?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

That's because human morality is always evolving. It has nothing to do with any God. Now in many parts of the world gay relationship have become main stream for example. During bi local times as we're to be stoned. In fact these people were so barbaric that they truly believe that stoning their disobedient children to death was the right thing. These are the people whose actions you are trying to justify because they wrote it down in a book and said sonme God they imagined told them to write it.

For them in their time, it was the righteous thing.
And u dont make sense for trying to use your today's brain to try to condemn it.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Just hold it.
because u didnt know what obtained then.

Besides, the laws of those days were a picture of what the hearts of men were then.
Dont blindly try to analyze it with your facebook and twitter brain of nowadays.

When we went to primary school, flogging was ideal punishment.
Today, many are against it.

So use wisdom when talking.
Stop being stup.id.... My twitter brain can tell me that the killing of babies is wrong but your god doesn't know that... Didn't your god say thou shall not kill but he himself is the chief assassin.
And u are comparing flogging with the killing of babies. It doesn't matter when it happened, it is wrong. Moreso that your god sanctioned and even commanded the killings. Sometimes, he did the killings himself. Tell me what kind of God are u serving

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:08am On Dec 29, 2016
Wilgrea7:
that's the Canaan story... I've said something similar to what the man in the video said... he was able to point to a book that gave more information about the story..
although many websites tried justifying the killings, this man was smart enough to point to an external source that had more information for him to draw his conclusion.... his explanations make sense to a great extent

as for me... I've not read the book he made reference to... and i wasn't still there...

so i guess i still don't have enough information to draw conclusions
U think the killing of the Canaanites was justified??
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:08am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Stop being stup.id.... My twitter brain can tell me that the killing of babies is wrong but your god doesn't know that... Didn't your god say thou shall not kill but he himself is the chief assassin.
And u are comparing flogging with the killing of babies. It doesn't matter when it happened, it is wrong. Moreso that your god sanctioned and even commanded the killings. Sometimes, he did the killings himself. Tell me what kind of God are u serving

Oho.
The same Twitter brain that approved abortion?

You see the hypocrite foolishness?
grin
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 8:10am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
KingEbukasBlog you are missing this critical part of the discussion.

What is your excuse to the bolded part?

They don't reason out their thoughts properly before they make it. Even the William Lane Craig is on record many times to say that he doesn't like defending OT morality. When forced to do that he always commits blunder because it's indefensible.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:10am On Dec 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Keep quiet.
U r not justified to do such anymore,
Because God has sent Jesus to perfect all that.

Dont be daft by reading the story half way.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Oho.

grin

So two wrong make a right abi?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:12am On Dec 29, 2016
JackBizzle:

God killed children many times in the old testament.

He burned down Sodom and Gommorah
He sent the isrealites to occupy and kill the canaanites
He drowned the whole world and left only Noah's family

Because Sodom and Gomorrah were innocent abi?
Or what?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:12am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

So two wrong make a right abi?

Yes 2 wrongs cannot,
Thats why Jesus came.

Period.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

For them in their time, it was the righteous thing.
And u dont make sense for trying to use your today's brain to try to condemn it.
Are you saying it was rational back then but happens to be irrational nowadays?

Or are you saying they were irrational?

Or their brain was not updated?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Oho.

grin
See idiocy... A fetus or zygote is not a human being... Not legally, not scientifically. If you wanna start a thread on abortion, by all means.. But let's discuss the genocidal acts of your god here...
Do you know your god murdered thousands of Israelites because David made the mistake of counting the Israelites... In fact god made David count them but he couldn't resist slaughtering people up and down

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Are you saying it was rational back then but happens to be irrational nowadays?

Or are you saying they were irrational?

Or their brain was not updated?

Please answer,
Are u circumcised?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

See idiocy... A fetus or zygote is not a human being...
Not legally, not scientifically. If you wanna start a thread on abortion, by all means.. But let's discuss the genocidal acts of your god here...
Do you know your god murdered thousands of Israelites because David made the mistake of counting the Israelites... In fact god made David count them but he couldn't resist slaughtering people up and down

]LORD JESUS!!!! Its OVER
@ the bolded

U even had the effrontery to quote "scientifically"

U are finished.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

They don't reason out their thoughts properly before they make it. Even the William Lane Craig is on record many times to say that he doesn't like defending OT morality. When forced to do that he always commits blunder because it's indefensible.
They call irreligious person's names. But they fail to understand the simple distinction between us and them... we just gave up on making foolish excuses for the absurdities in our religious dogmas.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Please answer,
Are u circumcised?
Don't drag us of the point, you answer my questions first.

Look below.
ScepticalPyrrho:
They call irreligious person's names. But they fail to understand the simple distinction between us and them... we just gave up on making foolish excuses for the absurdities in our religious dogmas.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:20am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Don't drag us of the point, you answer my questions first.

Look below.

Ehen.

Rest. U just copped in on your own "irrationality" argument.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Wilgrea7(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

U think the killing of the Canaanites was justified??

Wilgrea7:

as for me... I've not read the book he made reference to... and i wasn't still there...

so i guess i still don't have enough information to draw conclusions
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 8:23am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Yes 2 wrongs cannot,
Thats why Jesus came.

Period.

Came not to abolish the laws of the prophets.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:25am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Keep quiet.
U r not justified to do such anymore,
Because God has sent Jesus to perfect all that.

Dont be daft by reading the story half way.
Jesus perfected all that?? But what about the one that has happened. Was it right?? If u can say it was right, you're not better than shekau

2 Likes

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:25am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Ehen.

Rest. U just copped in on your own "irrationality" argument.
Clearly, you can do anything to deflect reasonable discussions just to please your fearful mind.

You still live in fear of afterlife, God, Hell, and Yahweh.

When you are tired of making excuses and you learn to live with the realities surrounding you, only then will you be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:25am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

Came not to abolish the laws of the prophets.

Of course, he existed before the prophets,

So
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Rilwayne001: 8:25am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Keep quiet. U r not justified to do such anymore, Because God has sent Jesus to perfect all that. Dont be daft by reading the story half way.

Isn't Jesus God again Wasn't he the one commanding his foot soldiers in the OT?

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:26am On Dec 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Isn't Jesus God again Wasn't he the one commanding his foot soldiers in the OT?

Yes.
U r even helping it to make more sense.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:27am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Clearly, you can do anything to deflect reasonable discussions just to please your fearful mind.

You still live in fear of afterlife, God, Hell, and Yahweh.

When you are tired of making excuses and you learn to live with the realities surrounding you, only then will you be reasonable.

I am still yet to know if u r circumcised.
lipsrsealed
I didnt ask for essay writing.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:28am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Jesus perfected all that?? But what about the one that has happened. Was it right?? If u can say it was right, you're not better than shekau

Shekau existed after Jesus came,
So u make no sense.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

I am still yet to know if u r circumcised.
lipsrsealed
I didnt ask for essay writing.
You didn't answer my question.

So I'll ignore your's too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Diocesan Priests Impregnate 30 Nuns! Daddy Freeze Reacts / Edoardo Santini: Italy’s ‘Most Handsome Man’ Gives Up Fame To Preach The Gospel / Bishop Oyedepo Lays Hands On Rev Esther Ajayi, Prays For Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.