Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,147 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Pregnant And Depressed. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant And Depressed. (11771 Views)

Pregnant And Depressed / I'm So Confused And Depressed Over This / Great News For Pregnant And The Soon To Be Mothers(Books) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
I know a lot of you will condemn me to the fullest.. I deserve it I know.
They say the first is always accepted to be a mistake, but afterwards it's a choice.
I am a regular and well known nairalander, had to create this account to hide my identity.
I'm a single mother of one.
Just discovered right now that I'm pregnant for a recent ex(I already conceived unknowingly before the breakup )...and telling him about it is not even an option.
I feel so bad because I know I can't keep it...
I never expected this because all through the relationship I was careful.. condoms and contraceptives..up to the last time we met and that's why am so sad..while abortion is the best option for me right now, my heart wishes differently..I wish there was another way.. I can't even tell anyone I know about it, hence my typing this here..
My story is actually too long to type.. but am far from a bad person. I have a good heart and I love with all I've got, I'm not moved by material things and I often assist my partner wen I can, yet I always end up loving the wrong ones.
I don't want to be pitied, I can take the hard truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by jimcomb(m): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
That unborn babe may be the very joy of your life now after, if you have the mind to keep the Pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Twaci(f): 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
Not an easy option, but I'd advise that you keep the child. You might have made a couple of mistakes but I assure you that the child isn't one.

If you don't want to tell your ex, fine. But the truth cannot be hidden for long...

Not to sound like a jerk but you are already a single mother, what's going to change if you add another? You've already been burnt by the fires of stigmatization, what more will the world do to get under your skin? Nothing that you can't handle.

Lastly, be careful next time.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
The most important thing right now is the "supposed future" for the child

What "should really" matter to you is the child's future once he/she is born. Are its chances of a safe, secure future high enough?

Personally i would advice you to do the abortion, Don't bring an innocent soul into this world to suffer

If you are "sure" that the father will not be responsible don't keep it.

Its a publicly known fact that Dysfunctional homes and the improper Upbringings that it creates have an adverse effect on the children (mentally and socially)

Having said that ....... The choice is yours but think about the future of that "innocent child"

I wish you much strength and much wisdom.

14 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
If u tell him , is he going to deny da pregnancy , not help u take care of da baby or what are u scared of ? If he's dat bad of a guy y have u been fking him ? It's his baby as it is urs buh if u think telling him is bad then toooor , u know him best . If u think abortion is ur best option , dats ur choice buh u can still go da adoption route . Plenty childless folks looking to adopt . GOOD LUCK with whatever u decide .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by thorpido(m): 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
Why is he an ex if you still meet up with him?
I know it's a hard decision to make but keep the baby.You could decide to tell your ex or keep it away from him but somewhere,someday he will find out.
I hope you have a regular source of income so the kid doesn't suffer.
Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Bobmaintain: 10:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
@troubledheart... The earlier you tell your baby daddy about your preggy, the better for you! You can't make a sole decision of keeping or aborting that baby - not alone. No matter how his reaction would be, i advise that you pick up the phone right now and break the news to him! Do it now! Don't wait till the next minute! I know what I'm saying!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Twaci:
Not an easy option, but I'd advise that you keep the child. You might have made a couple of mistakes but I assure you that the child isn't one.

If you don't want to tell your ex, fine. But the truth cannot be hidden for long...

Not to sound like a jerk but you are already a single mother, what's going to change if you add another? You've already been burnt by the fires of stigmatization, what more will the world do to get under your skin? Nothing that you can't handle.

Lastly, be careful next time.

I see!

Bringing an innocent child into this world to suffer just because "you" want to protect a "religiously incentivized moral sanity"

Got nothing against being "moral" but when it's blinds your will to empathize then its questionable

Think about that child and the kind of life he/she will live in this world

No love from the father, dysfunctional home: I don't need to be a psychologist to understand that such upbringings lead to damaging consequences

Look at it this way he or she will most likely become an unruly individual that will cause harm to multiple people

There are many "abortions should have beens" out there, lets be real!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
thorpido:
Why is he an ex if you still meet up with him?
I know it's a hard decision to make but keep the baby.You could decide to tell your ex or keep it away from him but somewhere,someday he will find out.
I hope you have a regular source of income so the kid doesn't suffer.

Recent ex.
I must have conceived before the actual breakup. It's not really a question of him wanting the child, I know if I insist and throw lil tantrums,he will support me. But we broke up because he couldn't see a future for us.. then bringing this up to him would make it appear like am trying to trap him with pregnancy knowing fully well his stance about kids out of wedlock.. I don't want to force him to be with me because of this and in the end having an unhappy home, hence my decision to abort. And no, I can't take care of another child on my own.
Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
bbmpin:
The most important thing right now is the "supposed future" for the child

What "should really" matter to you is the child's future once he/she is born. Are its chances of a safe, secure future high enough?

Personally i would advice you to do the abortion, Don't bring an innocent soul into this world to suffer

If you are "sure" that the father will not be responsible don't keep it.

Its a publicly known fact that Dysfunctional homes and the improper Upbringings that it creates have an adverse effect on the children (mentally and socially)

Having said that ....... The choice is yours but think about the future of that "innocent child"

I wish you much strength and much wisdom.

Thanks. This helped.
Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bobmaintain:
@troubledheart... The earlier you tell your baby daddy about your preggy, the better for you! You can't make a sole decision of keeping or aborting that baby - not alone. No matter how his reaction would be, i advise that you pick up the phone right now and break the news to him! Do it now! Don't wait till the next minute! I know what I'm saying!

You won't understand..
Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Twaci(f): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
bbmpin:

I see!

Bringing an innocent child into this world to suffer just because "you" want to protect a "religiously incentivized moral sanity"

Got nothing against being "moral" but when it's blinds your will to empathize then its questionable

Think about that child and the kind of life he/she will live in this world

No love from the father, dysfunctional home: I don't need to be a psychologist to understand that such upbringings lead to damaging consequences

Look at it this way he or she will most likely become an unruly individual that will cause harm to multiple people

There are many "abortions should have beens" out there, lets be real!
My opinion has nothing to do with religion. What I'm just trying to say is; if she's able to go through whatever she went through for the first child and raised him/her to this point, I do not see why this second child shouldn't be offered the same chance.

**modified**

Point of correction, not all kids without the love of a father becomes unruly and harmful. Most times it doesn't even end up in a dysfunctional mess. Beautiful kids with great minds have survived these situations so I don't see why this should be a problem.

Troubledheart, if you'd be unable to cater for this child, tell his/her father. And if he refuses to take up its responsibility, it's definitely up to you to do away with it.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Bobmaintain: 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
troubledheart:

Recent ex.
I must have conceived before the actual breakup. It's not really a question of him wanting the child, I know if I insist and throw lil tantrums,he will support me. But we broke up because he couldn't see a future for us.. then bringing this up to him would make it appear like am trying to trap him with pregnancy knowing fully well his stance about kids out of wedlock.. I don't want to force him to be with me because of this and in the end having an unhappy home, hence my decision to abort. And no, I can't take care of another child on my own.

Why couldn't he see a future with you? Because you are a single mum?
Could it be that he was just using you to satisfy his sexual urge for the mean time?!
Mehn! You could have seen it coming!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Bobmaintain: 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
troubledheart:

You won't understand..
Are you pitying him at your own detriment? Ok continue!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 11:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bobmaintain:

Why couldn't he see a future with you? Because you are a single mum?
Could it be that he was just using you to satisfy his sexual urge for the mean time!
Mehn! You could have seen it coming!

I honestly didn't see it coming.. we were friends for almost two years, he asked me out for over 8months, I kept him in a friend zone because I wasn't mentally ready for a relationship.. we dated now for roughly a year.. the truth is I don't know how to be tough in a relationship.. that's why I often take my time before getting into one.. he said things like am too good for him and he wants the best for me, I need to get married in at most a year or two and he won't be ready in another five or more and he doesn't want to tie me down cos he is not certain of the future. So I can't really say if he was using Me or not cos I don't in any way look like anyone's mother.
Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Bobmaintain: 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
troubledheart:

I honestly didn't see it coming.. we were friends for almost two years, he asked me out for over 8months, I kept him in a friend zone because I wasn't mentally ready for a relationship.. we dated now for roughly a year.. the truth is I don't know how to be tough in a relationship.. that's why I often take my time before getting into one.. he said things like am too good for him and he wants the best for me, I need to get married in at most a year or two and he won't be ready in another five or more and he doesn't want to tie me down cos he is not certain of the future. So I can't really say if he was using Me or not cos I don't in any way look like anyone's mother.

Hmmmm...so sad! Things men say and do just to get inbetween the thighs of a lady and after then, the tune changes!

But gal, break the damn news to him and send that chill down his spine! Not tomorrow he will begin to say that you never told him you were preggy for him or that you aborted his baby without his knowledge and permission.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
Twaci:
My opinion has nothing to do with religion. What I'm just trying to say is; if she's able to go through whatever she went through for the first child and raised him/her to this point, I do not see why this second child shouldn't be offered the same chance.

Take into consideration the fact that she is a single mother and is possibly struggling to feed the first!

She has a life ahead of her, How does having another fatherless child aid her future?

Do you have a child?
Do you have any idea the demands it entails?
Do you think that it is logical for a child to be born fatherless?

Committing an innocent child to a future without promise or love is wrong!

You have every right to air and stand by your opinions but try to empathize things from the view of the child

If you can't love and provide for kids DON'T HAVE THEM! #think about the child.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
You claim you can handle the truth, yet the only comment you seem to fancy on this thread was the one which advised that you opt for an abortion on the basis that you lack the wherewithal to provide for the unborn child.

No, no...you can't handle the truth. You have your mind already made up, and you're merely fishing for validation. Your wish is to abort the baby.

If you knew you didn't have the means to cater for a second child, then why did you spread your legs in the first place? Did you not learn any lesson from your first mistake?

And of all the guys, you decided it was an ex-boyfriend you had to roll in the sack with—an ex-boyfriend you can't even confront with the news of your pregnancy for only God knows why.

Oh well, you have to dance to the music, and you mustn't abort the child. Life is precious—if you cannot understand that, then perhaps you are not even worthy to be called a mother.

My intent is not to judge you, but screwing around and depriving your children of the chance to live a normal life with both their biological father and mother is not the very best of ideas. It's something a wayward person with no plans for the future would do.

I wonder why people would upset the balance in their lives just for some fifteen or twenty minutes of sexual gratification.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
DarkRebel101:
[b]You claim you can handle the truth, yet the only comment you seem to fancy on this thread was the one which advised that you opt for an abortion on the basis of you lacking the wherewithal to provide for the unborn child.

No, no...you can't handle the truth. You have your mind already made up, and you're merely fishing for validation. Your wish is to abort the baby.

If you knew you didn't have the means to cater for a second child, then why did you spread your legs in the first place? Did you not learn any lesson from your first mistake?

And of all the guys, you decided it was an ex-boyfriend you had to roll in the sack with—an ex-boyfriend you can't even confront with the news of your pregnancy for only God knows why.

Oh well, you have to dance to the music, and you mustn't abort the child. Life is precious—if you cannot understand that, then perhaps you are not even worthy to be called a mother.

I'm not judging you, but screwing around and depriving your children the chance to live a normal life with both their biological father and mother is not the very best of ideas.

I wonder why people would upset the balance in their lives just for 15-25 minutes of sexual pleasure.[/b]

Thanks.. you should read all my post. I never screwed around and you should have read the part of my being careful. I conceived before we broke up. Thanks all the same.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Twaci(f): 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
bbmpin:
Take into consideration the fact that she is a single mother and is possibly struggling to feed the first!

She has a life ahead of her, How does having another fatherless child aid her future?

Do you have a child?
Do you have any idea the demands it entails?
Do you think that it is logical for a child to be born fatherless?

Committing an innocent child to a future without promise or love is wrong!

You have every right to air and stand by your opinions but try to empathize things from the view of the child

If you can't love and provide for kids DON'T HAVE THEM! #think about the child.

Dude seems like you are screamingcheesy

Easy there grin

Troubledheart, I'll use his words now;
If you can't love and provide for kids DON'T HAVE THEM! #think about the child

...but if you can, why waste it?
Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
Yup , she's only looking at posts she agrees with . I suggested adoption buh I guess she doesn't want dat

DarkRebel101:
[b]You claim you can handle the truth, yet the only comment you seem to fancy on this thread was the one which advised that you opt for an abortion on the basis of you lacking the wherewithal to provide for the unborn child.

I'm not judging you, but screwing around and depriving your children the chance to live a normal life with both their biological father and mother is not the very best of ideas.

I wonder why people would upset the balance in their lives just for 15-25 minutes of sexual pleasure.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
Twaci:
Dude seems like you are screamingcheesy

Easy there grin

Troubledheart, I'll use his words now;
If you can't love and provide for kids DON'T HAVE THEM! #think about the child

...but if you can, why waste it?

I totally get you.. this wasn't planned at all. . I never expected it.. I already have my hands full with one already.. and I don't wish to give any child any living short of the best.. It's not a matter of shame at all. . But I can't afford to take care of this one. My first is almost five and I had him to the man who deflowered me, I was inexperienced then, wen it happened abortion wasn't even an option and I've never been pregnant outside that till now. I've been super careful..i don't engage in sexual activities outside a relationship and I was careful (condoms and contraceptives) this pregnancy remains a mystery to me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
aflyingbird:
Yup , she's only looking at posts she agrees with . I suggested adoption buh I guess she doesn't want dat

I'm not sure I can handle adoption.. if I ever keep this pregnancy to term, twont be easy giving him or her up wen I know it's my blood to an unknown fate without me in it. . The bond and all..I would want to keep it no matter how hard it would be.
Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by jasper83: 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
troubledheart:

So sorry op, but didn't you define the relationship from onset as per what he wants to achieve with you? Didn't you ask him questions? So it is now he knows his future is uncertain abi, he must really be a player and unserious fellow.

He just exploited your "not too tough or feeble way of handling emotions" to get to your pants. I fully understand how you feel and how emotionally drained you are. But please pull yourself together and fight for a better life for yourself and your first child. You have a destiny my sister so don't allow too much baggage weigh you down or re- direct your path. Stand up and do the needful.

You may have to abort but promise yourself it will never happen again and learn to be circumspect about life. What do I really want in life? Tame your body, your Mr right will come that will love you with your condition. You are an adult sex is no food, don't ever engage in unproductive and unbeneficial relationship again. Define what you really want from the onset with your next relationship and ask God for guidance. It is well with you and your child, brace up now and fight for a better tomorrow for yourself. You deserve to be happy!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by bennyrazz: 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
the thing dey sweet, hin dey sweet, belle No 1 enter, u born am. We gree say na mistake. The thing still kan sweet sotey, u spread ur leg again sotey, u receive belle No 2 without being married. Well, the bitter truth is you wanted it that way so why complaining? Abegiii the way u carried belle No 1 for 9months, get ready to carry belle No 2 for 9months. U don successful turn yourself to a professional single mother. Very soon, u fit even start surrogacy sef cuz u are very potent. The result of too much love for sex is what is disturbing you @op. I wish you safe delivery cheesy byeeeee

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Ranchhoddas: 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hahahaha...
bennyrazz:
the thing dey sweet, hin dey sweet, belle No 1 enter, u born am. We gree say na mistake. The thing still kan sweet sotey, u spread ur leg again sotey, u receive belle No 2 without being married. Well, the bitter truth is you wanted it that way so why complaining? Abegiii the way u carried belle No 1 for 9months, get ready to carry belle No 2 for 9months. U don successful turn yourself to a professional single mother. Very soon, u fit even start surrogacy sef cuz u are very potent. The result of too much love for sex is what is disturbing you @op. I wish you safe delivery cheesy byeeeee
Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Ishilove: 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
troubledheart:

I've never been pregnant outside that till now. I've been super careful.. this pregnancy remains a mystery to me.
There you have it. Abort at your own peril.

Next time, for God's sake don't date someone who does not envisage a future with you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Bobmaintain: 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
@troubledheart... If i may ask: how about your family? Your parents and siblings? Have you confided in them? Can't they be able to support? Are you working? How old are you now? How old is the pregnancy?
Answers to these questions will help us have a clear picture of what you are really into and what we can proffer.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
bennyrazz:

You are very very wrong. I hope this never happens to you or any one close to you.. then you'lld understand. Anyways, I didn't come here to be pitied so you are entitled to your opinion but trust me you have no idea of what you just typed. Thanks anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pregnant for an ex?, keeping it a secret from him? Contemplating abortion without your ex's knowledge? Don't you think you are being irrational here?

Why not inform your estranged lover first before deciding? smiley

6 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by baby124: 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
OP,
It seems like in your heart you know this guy will not be a good husband, and you do not see him in your future. Because I see no reason why him not being ready to marry you is an excuse not to tell him about the pregnancy. He could change his mind and decide to struggle it out with you. I have a feeling there is more to what you are telling us. Was this a one night stand or friend's with benefits? Look, evaluate your life and do what is best for you. None of us here will help you take care of that child or give you money to feed. The ball is in your court. If you are big enough to have sex, you are big enough to face the consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant And Depressed. by troubledheart(f): 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bobmaintain:
@troubledheart... If i may ask: how about your family? Your parents and siblings? Have you confided in them? Can't they be able to support? Are you working? How old are you now?
Answers to these questions will help us have a clear picture of what you are really into and what we can proffer.

Can't tell them. I run my own business and currently about to start my masters. I'm doing OK for myself and I'm turning 26 soon. Giving birth isn't an issue like I said before, but giving the child a quality life. I have too many things on my plate right now to actually do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bad Habits Of Your Spouse That You Can't Stand? / Lady Shares Opinion On Women Not Having Children Against Husband's Wish / My Wife Has Given Me Days To Come For Sex Every Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.