Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,812 members, 7,798,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Travel Advisory - Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Travel Advisory - Aba (1132 Views)

BREAKING: Buhari Offers Jonathan Advisory Role To Help Resolve Fuel Crisis / Buhari Constitutes Advisory Committee On Anti-corruption / Traffic Advisory As Buhari Storms Lagos Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Advisory - Aba by tunde300us(m): 1:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
This is the worse state in Nigeria in terms of a govt doing anything to help its citizenry. I was in ABA las week and what i saw was more than a war situation,imagine walking in the street and you have to hold your hands above your head on the street.

In ABA now, primary and nursery schools are closing down because of kidnappers and any ABA person that has more than 1million is packing his family to neighbouring state of IMO and some big boys go to ABUJA straight.

The Road in ABA is not passable with anything that has tyres,cos the pot holes on major roads there is not different than a swimming pool.if u mistakenly get to ABA after 6pm,please stay with the transport company that brought you cos ure not secured anywhere in ABA.

All the night life that was once there is now gone and replaced with military barricade.Most of the big production companies in ABA now have a mini barracks around them and you will be amazed the amount of such you will find around.

Local Govt officials dont live in ABA again,all of them ve relocated to the united states,they dont even come back to share the monthly allocation like the ones from the north,they simply share it on phone.

Abeg who go save ABA from itself ?
Re: Travel Advisory - Aba by citizenY(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
What did St. Paul (Kalu Orji Uzor) do there now? I thought all his epistles to us on the pages of The Sun are based on his

experience as a statesman? Abi na air him dey blow? Why can't Abians burst his bubble? Can they all be accused of

collusion? What are they hiding,their shame, or his ineptitude? In his epistles, this man knows everything and every big

man, home and abroad is his friend, he was there when vital events took place and issues were discussed , shocked shocked shocked shocked

Alas it did not rub off on Abia State for 8 years .

I have stopped reading his columns because I have a sneaky feeling that someone is writing them for him and in any case

for the reasons given above.
Re: Travel Advisory - Aba by asha80(m): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2009
Later someone will come here and say OUK is the best thing to happen to Abia state.
Re: Travel Advisory - Aba by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2009
I onced lived in Aba and it was relatively peacful and clean then (atleast my part of town). I could afford to stay late nights and do all the things a young upward mobile guy will do at that age. But not anymore according to what my younger brother who is in town told me about Aba.

You can't even dress smartly again, nor drive a good car around the town, all the bank boys dress casually to work less you become a victim for ransom payment.

He is seriously considering relocating back to Lagos and am actively encouraging him because we don't have the type of ransom money those guys demand for these days.
Re: Travel Advisory - Aba by tunde300us(m): 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
I tell u the situation is worse off now than ever imagined,incase anyone is visiting ABA anytime soon they shld pls avoid night time and dont ever show off your wallet .
The state is really in a mess now and only a messiah of some sort will save it,what will it cost the state govt to do a 5km major road linking owerri and ABA and off to port harcourt.
Re: Travel Advisory - Aba by Abagworo(m): 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
you dont even have to reach aba.the areas between aba and port harcourt is under siege once you cross obigbo bridge.my friends dad was kidnapped because he was crossing aba en route port harcourt from enugu with a prado.several of such cases exist without being leaked to the media.average rate of kidnap in aba is up to 20 per day.the kidnaps have everything to do with the ngwas who are the original inhabitants of aba area and still inhabit the densely populated environs.
Re: Travel Advisory - Aba by grafikdon: 2:00am On Nov 20, 2009
asha 80:

Later someone will come here and say OUK is the best thing to happen to Abia state.

That shouldn't be a surprise. OUK is the king of imbeciles. Some parts of Aba will churn your stomach and make puke out your innards in a jiffy. I remember falling into a ditch with the stinking dirty water during a heavy rain, because the entire road was flooded and it was impossible to ''calculate'' distance between the bad road and the open gutter.

I must confess though, Aba was 100% crime free (I mean violent crime) after the Bakassi boys handed the "Maf" their assess. You could carry your money in a see- through bag and everyone would keep a safe distance. grin

(1) (Reply)

Insulting The Admin Is Totally Uncivilized And Uncalled For. / Jonathan’s Untold Story - Alamieyeseigha / People Ple Rate: All Hands Must Be On Desk To Restore The Intergrity Of Ibori:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.