Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos (10410 Views)

Police To Parade Dino Melaye With Criminals In Lokoja / Buhari Offers Amnesty To Repentant Boko Haram Members / Wike Blasts Okorocha For Granting Amnesty To Anchor Man Of Don Wanny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by phemsie(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2016
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State has announced the readiness of his government to offer amnesty to cultists willing to renounce their membership of cult groups and turn over a new leaf.

Mr. Ambode, who stated this in Ikorodu at the ongoing One Lagos Fiesta, said his administration has perfected plans to use 2017 to rehabilitate all those involved in one form of criminality or the other and are ready to be law abiding, with the view to making them live normal lives and contribute meaningfully to the society.

While noting with concern the rising spate of cultism and other crimes especially in the Ikorodu axis, the governor said though the government has capacity to deal with such crimes, amnesty is being offered to encourage those willing to turn away from their old ways and embrace new lives.

“In the last few months, we have been having a lot of challenges with cultism in Ikorodu area and a lot of issues that relate to kidnapping,” Mr. Ambode said.

“So, we are going to strike a deal tonight, we are going to say no to cultism and then we are going to encourage all of you. Anybody who is a cult member, we are going to offer you amnesty. I want to use the whole of 2017 to rehabilitate all those who have been doing bad things; we are going to provide money and we are going to provide jobs.

“We are going to encourage ourselves; wherever you find somebody that is not doing anything well, you can either tell the monarch here or come to us, we will give you protection; we offer you money and then we are going to offer you automatic jobs. So, we all agree to say no to domestic violence, kidnapping, rape and no to cultism. Once you sign on, we would offer you anything that you want,” Mr. Ambode said.

The governor also stressed the importance of education and hard work to the youth, and urged them to strive very hard to be educated, and thereafter pursue their dreams.

While referring to an entertainer, Folarin Falana, popularly known as Falz, who is a lawyer, the governor said it was highly essential for the young ones to be educated before thinking of other things in life.

“What I brought to you tonight is to let you know that education is very important. You can be who you want to be. If I was not a governor, I would be an accountant; if I was not an accountant, maybe I would have been an entertainer because I love music, I love arts, I love entertainment and that is why I want to encourage all of you, firstly, we must all be educated and then you can now use you creative talents to be who you want to be,” he said.

Addressing the mammoth crowd who came out in droves for the fiesta including monarchs, members of the State Executive Council, among others, Mr. Ambode also urged parents to talk to their children on the need to shun all forms of crime and violence, assuring that the state government would continue to put strategies and policies in place to give greater opportunities to the youth.

http://www.newsscrollngr.com/index.php/k2-home-news/item/6631-ambode-offers-amnesty-to-cultists-criminals-in-lagos

1 Like

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Clone2020(m): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
All this because some lunatic threatened to blow up the 3rd Mainland bridge. Amnesty doesn't solve any problem, it only encourages it, just look at the pipeline vandals in the Niger Delta, despite all the money they've received, they still carry out their vandalism.

Never negotiate with terrorists.

10 Likes

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by adonbilivit: 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
let's see what people have to say about this now coz I know if wike does this people/APC will call for his head.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by sammyj: 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hope in the future the governor will not provide amnesty to armed robbers, killers and rapists !!! angry shocked cry

1 Like

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by buharimustlive: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
I CALL THEM AFONJA MILITANT...

THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DESTROY THE IMAGE OF THE SOUTH SOUTH FOLKS..

YESTERDAY A POLICE CAUGHT AN AFONJA RED HANDED WHILE HE WAS TRYING TO BLOW UP THE THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE....... THE APC/AFONJA MEDIA CALLED HIM A "NIGER DELTA MILITANT".

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE...

HAPPY RECESSION.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
Too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by adeizamusty: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
nice one
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by ELShehzad: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
its cool tho buh dose boys no go still get sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Orikinla1: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
Armed robbers and murderers who should be tried for their bloody crimes?

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by NLbeachparty: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
No this will only increase the crime rates in Lagos. Criminals now know amnesty is inevitable sad

Three days to nairaland beach party... Check my profile for more information

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Orikinla1: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
romeorails:
Too bad
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Aniedi30(m): 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
Suffer not the wicked to live..... Ambode abeg send them to six feet....The wicked should not Cross over to my year of peace Biko nu
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by snezBaba: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by SexyNairalander: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
booked

check my signature
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by dhope001(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
He should also give them work
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by NotComplaining: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
Cages are full.
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by prodiga: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
adonbilivit:
let's see what people have to say about this now coz I know if wike does this people/APC will call for his head.
no mind dem APC e lords,sahara reporters get voice machine oh so they can twerk any voice so be warned my people
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by petermichaels(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
The bad n worst are getting paid. We wey go school no fit get even job!
God save my Country

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by fivestarrealty: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
Very good development.
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by petermichaels(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
The bad n worst are getting paid. We wey go school no fit get even job!
God save my Country[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
fivestarrealty:
Very good development.
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Eleniyan15: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wrong move,they won't change especially those bird boys
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Goldenheart(m): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
cry what about justice for thos innocent lives lost to these people. cry
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by atirolu(m): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Amnesty for

militant
Cultists
Chibok gehs
Boko haram

Very soon for agberos
Touts and the rest
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by 5starmilitant: 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Am yet to see a zombie or afonja condemn this act. But when it's about Other regions, they will be the first to scream.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by dustmalik: 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
This is a very stupid decision.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
I'll prefer the approach of the Filipino president, throw them out of a helicopter.
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by wunmi590(m): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Amne kini? Are you sure this man is not on Lasgidi weed?

What was he thinking, with the high rate of cultist in Lagos presently, ha governor yi ma fe da whala le.

My families are from Lagos, we we can clearly see the hand work of all these cultist, most especially on island and ikorodu, how they kill each other and even kill innocent people, even some of them have become thief overnight and this man is still giving amnesty.

Baba you better revert that shit now now
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by MrMcJay(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
Peace is not the absence of conflict but the presence of justice.

This is a very foolish move by Ambode that would backfire in less than 2 years. Why is he rewarding criminals instead of providing incentives for undercover investigation and strike-teams to take out these criminals.

Collecting taxes from honest folks and giving it to criminals and murderers. If these are the kinds of foolish policies Ambode is gonna come up with in the nearest future, he doesn't deserve a second term.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by sod09(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Because ur people day abi...... No wonder dem day call u their father angry angry
Re: Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos by ta4ba3(m): 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
NLbeachparty:
No this will only increase the crime rates in Lagos. Criminals now know amnesty is inevitable sad

Three days to nairaland beach party... Check my profile for more information
. Am very much in for the party... create a thread for it and the mod should put it on fp... nairaland is more than a forum we are family... for sponsorship holla at me

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIMAID, NNPC Staff And CJTF Ambushed By Boko Haram In Borno / Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 / I’ll Break All Bottlenecks — Investors Will Make Profit In Nigeria - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.