Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene (29988 Views)

PHOTOS: Fans Turn Out For The Bundesliga Trophy In Abuja / PHOTOS: 2017 Arsenal Day In Okene / Alex Iwobi Celebrates Arsenal's Big Win With Pretty Girlfriend In London. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by lonikit: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
donogaga:
Nice one.

What are some of the mind-blowing facts about Arsenal?

Here's my list :
1) Arsenal are nicknamed 'The Gunners' because they were formed by a group of cannon makers at the Woolwich Arsenal in 1886.

2) Arsenal is the only league team still in existence that has never been relegated. Arsenal has been in top flight English football since 1919-1920.

3) Arsenal completed the 2003–04 FA Premier League campaign unbeaten . Their league record was 26 wins, 12 draws and 0 losses, over 38 games in total.
Continuing into the 2004-05 season, Arsenal eventually went 49 Premier League games unbeaten, which was a new record for the most consecutive league games without defeat, the sequence coming to an end with a controversial 2–0 defeat to Manchester United.

4) The Premier League commissioned a special gold version of the Premier League trophy to commemorate Arsenal's achievement.

5) Arsene Wenger became the first foreign manager to lift the Premiership title, when Arsenal won it in the season of 1997-98.

6) Arsenal is the first English team to beat Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu, Bayern Munich at Allianz Arena and AC Milan at San Siro.

7) Arsenal are the first and only British side to defeat both Milanese teams 'FC Internazionale' and 'AC Milan' at the San Siro - 5-1 (UEFA Champions League group stage , 25 November 2003), 2-0 (UEFA Champions League second round second leg, 4 March 2008) respectively.

cool Arsenal became the first team to win the League Cup and FA Cup in the same year, 1993.

9) Arsenal has the record of keeping a clean sheet for 10 consecutive Champions League matches. They went exactly 995 minutes without conceding a goal.

10) Arsenal’s match against Sheffield United on 22nd January 1927 at Highbury, was the first ever English league match to be broadcasted on the radio. An exhibition match between their first team and the reserves held on 16th September 1937 was the first ever football match to be televised live.
I dont understand that ur no 2 fact. is it the name 'arsenal' that has never relegated or the football club that is now called arsenal? all i knw is dat arsenal relegated for 5 seasons when it was called woolwich arsenal. it was after their promotion dat their name was changed to arsenal sir. so i tink all the english club is a victim of relegation.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Mpotomisticai(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
lonikit:

I dont understand that ur no 2 fact. is it the name 'arsenal' that has never relegated or the football club that is now called arsenal? all i knw is dat arsenal relegated for 5 seasons when it was called woolwich arsenal. it was after their promotion dat their name was changed to arsenal sir. so i tink all the english club is a victim of relegation.
donogaga:
Nice one.

Here's my list :
1) Arsenal are nicknamed 'The Gunners' because they were formed by a group of cannon makers at the Woolwich Arsenal in 1886.

2) Arsenal is the only league team still in existence that has never been relegated. Arsenal has been in top flight English football since 1919-1920.

3) Arsenal completed the 2003–04 FA Premier League campaign unbeaten . Their league record was 26 wins, 12 draws and 0 losses, over 38 games in total.
Continuing into the 2004-05 season, Arsenal eventually went 49 Premier League games unbeaten, which was a new record for the most consecutive league games without defeat, the sequence coming to an end with a controversial 2–0 defeat to Manchester United.

4) The Premier League commissioned a special gold version of the Premier League trophy to commemorate Arsenal's achievement.

5) Arsene Wenger became the first foreign manager to lift the Premiership title, when Arsenal won it in the season of 1997-98.

6) Arsenal is the first English team to beat Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu, Bayern Munich at Allianz Arena and AC Milan at San Siro.

7) Arsenal are the first and only British side to defeat both Milanese teams 'FC Internazionale' and 'AC Milan' at the San Siro - 5-1 (UEFA Champions League group stage , 25 November 2003), 2-0 (UEFA Champions League second round second leg, 4 March 2008) respectively.

cool Arsenal became the first team to win the League Cup and FA Cup in the same year, 1993.

9) Arsenal has the record of keeping a clean sheet for 10 consecutive Champions League matches. They went exactly 995 minutes without conceding a goal.

10) Arsenal’s match against Sheffield United on 22nd January 1927 at Highbury, was the first ever English league match to be broadcasted on the radio. An exhibition match between their first team and the reserves held on 16th September 1937 was the first ever football match to be televised live.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by pauloo2580(m): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
good for them
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by femi4: 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
januzajj:
Wetin person no go see
Others celebrate trophies won by their clubs,Arsenal fans are celebrating days grin grin
Its their forth now
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by ozo13(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
Emescot:
Am i wrong if i say Naija has the highest number of arsenal fans... Win or no Win its in the blood... COYG!
true talk.man utd had drs today.though am an arsenal but as person no get work do I jus say make I go see as e dey happen

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
januzajj:
Wetin person no go see
Others celebrate trophies won by their clubs,Arsenal fans are celebrating days grin grin
Arsenal is an expensive club to support.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Emescot(m): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
ozo13:
true talk.man utd had drs today.though am an arsenal fan but as person no get work do I jus say make I go see as e dey happen
Nice stuff my brother, nice.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Bluffly: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
Heffalump:
When are we going to celebrate our own clubs
When ingenuity becomes our watchword with desire to always give value and extra to everyrhing
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by charlexarmani(m): 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bro dis ur no2 fact though arsenal fc where relegated in 1927 or so there of but the neva played in relegation tier due 2 d 1st world war the numbers of teams needed were nt up to so dey where recalled back to d 1st tier of english football................ I so much love d veiw
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by acenazt: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
Arsenal Ass-anal

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Marvel1206: 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
PabloOmoEscobar:
cheesy cheesy cheesy for your mind cheesy

Can't see you in the picture tho
Am the guy in between the guy beside the guy on the left in the 17th picture grin una dey celebrate Chelsea day for that side?
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
Marvel1206:

Am the guy in between the guy beside the guy on the left in the 17th picture grin una dey celebrate Chelsea day for that side?
why you trying to scatter my brain for? This your description fit blow my head o

We don't celebrate days. We celebrate trophies grin cheesy tongue tongue
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by muhakeem(m): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
SWORD419:
ASSnal
AssAnal
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by muhakeem(m): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
YourNemesis:
Okene a small town?
There is nothing small about Okene...I suggest you go back and check your google map.

Anebira.. Waadahi.
Ya Dahi
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Marvel1206: 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
PabloOmoEscobar:
why you trying to scatter my brain for? This your description fit blow my head o

We don't celebrate days. We celebrate trophies grin cheesy tongue tongue
Lol. We are celebrating our trophy in advance. You can't understand tho

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by joncom(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
pmc01:
I sympathize with them. Looks like a mourning gathering for the pathetic state of the club.
Pathetic? You sure say you Sabi book? Do you know when something is pathetic? Even when arsenal has not "won" anything, you guys can't just leave the club alone. It means one thing. They are doing something others wish they can do, consistency.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by temmyfukky: 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
Who care, Chelsea for lyf
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by oyesam2004(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
. but why jealous these boys... they're London glory now.....
KEEP GUNNING GUY'S.....

GUNNERS 4 LIFE.....
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Arsenal na club ?
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by HAD3S(m): 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Black belle Afonjas, Igbos and Mallams go dey hate..... Nice. One there guys. Gunners for life. Rakumi go say I don't understand why dis pple r celebrating wen dey r trophy les. Na una sabi. ARSENAL4LIFE
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Emisun5n(m): 12:29am On Dec 30, 2016
YourNemesis:
Okene a small town?
There is nothing small about Okene...I suggest you go back and check your google map.

Anebira.. Waadahi.
OKENE IS SMALL
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by YourNemesis: 1:14am On Dec 30, 2016
Emisun5n:
OKENE IS SMALL

Okene is NOT small. It is the biggest town in Kogi state.
Maybe small compared to the likes of Lagos or Ibadan, but definitely not small in the general sense.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Culin(f): 1:37am On Dec 30, 2016
okene. No wonder.. grin
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by psalmsjob: 2:42am On Dec 30, 2016
donogaga:
Nice one.

Here's my list :

Gooner 4 Life.

You forgot to mention that we are the only British team to be at the champions league consecutively for 19 years now and it's still counting.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by xreal: 3:14am On Dec 30, 2016
madridguy:
Where is the senate President, Pasuma and others. tongue

Good observation, and Dankote too.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Willybos(m): 3:19am On Dec 30, 2016
donogaga:
Nice one.

Here's my list :

9ce writeup bros
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by lonikit: 8:41am On Dec 30, 2016
psalmsjob:

Gooner 4 Life.

You forgot to mention that we are the only British team to be at the champions league consecutively for 19 years now and it's still counting.

ur case is like a blindman in the goal post. do u knw the meaning.......

uselessness

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by psalmsjob: 8:51am On Dec 30, 2016
lonikit:

ur case is like a blindman in the goal post. do u knw the meaning.......

uselessness

Nobody and nothing is useless in this world only those people who think something or someone is useless that are indeed useless. I'm sure you can comprehend that; you are what you think not because what you think is the reality!

You are not the first person that my signature below is giving sleepless nights even I myself went through such agony for 16 years of PDP more worse in the last 5 years of their misrule.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by TeamSimple(m): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2016
Deseo:
A celebration of trophylessness

they won the oldest trophy in world football back to back in 2014 and 2015. talking about the english FA cup.

so what are you talking about?
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by muffyt05: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
donogaga:
Nice one.

Here's my list :

Any record on when they won the champions league?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robinho Sentenced To 9 Years In Prison Over Sexual Assault / Arsene Wenger Arrives Liberia To Receive Highest Honour From George Weah. Photos / Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.