Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose (44763 Views)

Leaked Conversations From Aso Villa Demons’ First 2018 Meeting By Mayowa Tijani / Sagay Blasts Fayose: He Is An Irresponsible Clown, An Embarrassment To Nigeria / Details Of Phone Conversations Between President Buhari And Trump~garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by GoldEnyong(m): 7:31am On Dec 30, 2016
How will you feel if you notice someone around has been recording all your conversation and sharing it with others to listen on a round table..even if it's your parents that does it how will you react how much more a governor. You can answer this yourself
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by modath(f): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2016
pacino26:

Even Apple couldn't crack their own encryption for the CIA to access the mobile phone of a dead terrorist. There are very secured hard lines still in existence and the technology affordable to that class of citizens.

They could but they chose not to initially, when the barrage of criticism came flooding in.. it wa put in the public domain that an "hacker found a flaw to unlock it without Apple's help" & the court case was withdrawn.

I know deep down in your heart that you know an American company will never be allowed to choose PROFIT over NATIONAL SECURITY but in order to allow apple come out unscathed, that drama was put up for public show...

*For your reading pleasure*, Happy new year in advance! smiley

http://thehackernews.com/2016/03/fbi-iphone-unlock_28.html?m=1

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/17/inside-the-fbis-encryption-battle-with-apple

1 Like

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by borntosuccess(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2016
this man keeps on saying d truth everyday, but some brainwashed shoeless fanatics would keep on doubting, ride on fayose man of d year
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by slimikenna(m): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2016
modath:
Most of the people ranting raving and somersaulting like inebriated/ demented orangutans into my mentions are as usual partly ignorant & majorly embittered....

Spying, hacking and other covert operations may not be right but it's the way of the world when it comes to national security/intelligence gathering...

What's so funny is that most of dem crazies were clapping for US FBI when Hillary's email server issues were used to truncate her ambition... Awon olopolo daalu!! cool

*Addendum*

The Hillary Clinton assertion isn't a direct reference to FBI like it's being assumed....

This is MO! Thank you! cool

It is/was a sidebar comment to reiterate the position that people's bias & sentiments determine how they align when issues come up...

Most of the people foaming at the mouth now were delirious with joy when Hillary's hack was a thing.... wasn't that an invasion of privacy as well?

you obviously do not understand the Hilary Clinton email hack which was purported to be done by the Russians (and the subsequent tension between Russia and USA) and you obviously do not understand that you have a right as a Nigerian to converse in private and anybody who wants to join in must seek your permission or obtain a court order.

Let us not justify lawlessness just to show our support for politicians that do no care for our well being...that is assuming you are not one of the SAs on new media of the present government.
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by pacino26(m): 8:30am On Dec 30, 2016
modath:

They could but they chose not to initially, when the barrage of criticism came flooding in.. it wa put in the public domain that an "hacker found a flaw to unlock it without Apple's help" & the court case was withdrawn.

I know deep down in your heart that you know an American company will never be allowed to choose PROFIT over NATIONAL SECURITY but in order to allow apple come out unscathed, that drama was put up for public show...

*For your reading pleasure*, Happy new year in advance! smiley

http://thehackernews.com/2016/03/fbi-iphone-unlock_28.html?m=1

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/17/inside-the-fbis-encryption-battle-with-apple

The bold words won my heart though it is difficult to define in the case of Sahara Reporters and the DSS as alleged.

Happy New yr in advance lady.
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by mapet: 8:59am On Dec 30, 2016
Jobos:

guys all your conversations on any gsm are with your service provider. security agents can call for it any time.

fayose is lousy that why they leaked it.

Bros,

This is as clear as night and day. when a deluded idiot alleges that MTN taps calls and releases it as a price for reduction in fines, don't you think some people's idiocy has reached high octane?

Security agents can tap anybody's calls with sophisticated call frequency interference devices. They do not need MTN. For example Security agencies can listen to your calls, discussions and voices even when they are 1km away

To get MTN to provide the calls data and logs, security agencies will get a court order and serve same to MTN
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by mapet: 9:04am On Dec 30, 2016
TechEnthusiast:

Thats not "O" level.Dont you know that its completely impossible to break through some encryptions?The whatsapp signal protocol encryption has never been cracked.There are somethings that hackers cannot do or decipher.I still believe day to day calls should be encrypted.Its not a hard thing to do

I will also not want to make this an issue. Calls can be encrypted, but such level of calls are defined. That is why it is called a secured line. A secured line is also accessible by high level security protocol.......hence in principle...nothing is secured, encrypted or not.

Secondly, by definition and concention, phone calls are not meant to be secured. They are in the open. RF calls are even more open. The responsiblity is on the caller and the called to know the security level on the medium they are using, what and what not to discuss on it. Even your office intercoms are not secured, can be listed to by your IT/Telecoms group, especially during investigations.
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by mapet: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2016
ivandragon:

stop being a deluded mop.

Telcos are custodians of call logs & recorded data. what stops this regime that has disobeyed court orders from arm twisting the Telcos to get info without due process?

Do you enjoy sounding like a retard when you argue? Do you enjoy not making sense?

1 Like

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by modath(f): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

This is as clear as night and day. when a deluded idiot alleges that MTN taps calls and releases it as a price for reduction in fines, don't you think some people's idiocy has reached high octane?

Security agents can tap anybody's calls with sophisticated call frequency interference devices. They do not need MTN. For example Security agencies can listen to your calls, discussions and voices even when they are 1km away

To get MTN to provide the calls data and logs, security agencies will get a court order and serve same to MTN

God bless you for the highlighted..... The way some people turn logic on its head dey make dem mata taya me....

This is one of the reasons I hardly attend to mentions.... not only am I really not bothered about people who deliberately misinterprete (or spin to suit their own agenda) issues, I've also gradually come to the realisation that many people on the interweb are certifiably stupid & ignorant!!!

2 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by markchidex: 9:21am On Dec 30, 2016
I love dis man's courage, dis is de type of Governors we need, not money mongers. he is indeed fearless. kudos
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by mapet: 9:24am On Dec 30, 2016
pacino26:

Even Apple couldn't crack their own encryption for the CIA to access the mobile phone of a dead terrorist. There are very secured hard lines still in existence and the technology affordable to that class of citizens.

Apple couldn't "crack" their own encyption for the CIA? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Haba! bros, which kin fabu be dat. Why would apple need to crack their encryption when all they need to do is simply decrypt with the algorithm used to encrypt? Some of you need to lay off what you barely understand.

Standards all over the world is that to hand over calls data, logs and information, you will need a court order.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Decodedp: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2016
sarrki:
Our security services are more of news agency

I know that deep down in your mind you're disappointed with Buhari's administration but as one of those who campaigned so hard for him you can't afford to show it publicly.
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by ivandragon: 9:51am On Dec 30, 2016
mapet:

Do you enjoy sounding like a retard when you argue? Do you enjoy not making sense?

you are the one arguing like a retarded young fart.

are you saying the DSS cannot access such records especially if they had already requested for such surveillance to be done?

or have you forgotten the Justice Salami issue?

your likes are just so blinded by trying to justify anything this regime does.

go & read up what Hammed Ali said about DSS before you start flapping your silly trap again.

anyway, with N1b for 'Social Media Idiots' like you, I shouldn't be surprised.
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by ddeola: 9:59am On Dec 30, 2016
You should be ashamed of yourself Mr Guvnor
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by pacino26(m): 10:01am On Dec 30, 2016
mapet:

Apple couldn't "crack" their own encyption for the CIA? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Haba! bros, which kin fabu be dat. Why would apple need to crack their encryption when all they need to do is simply decrypt with the algorithm used to encrypt? Some of you need to lay off what you barely understand.

Standards all over the world is that to hand over calls data, logs and information, you will need a court order.

Okoro, look at the last mention I received from Modath and enlighten yourself. Drink less this season it's not good for your typing.
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2016
mapet:

I will also not want to make this an issue. Calls can be encrypted, but such level of calls are defined. That is why it is called a secured line. A secured line is also accessible by high level security protocol.......hence in principle...nothing is secured, encrypted or not.

Secondly, by definition and concention, phone calls are not meant to be secured. They are in the open. RF calls are even more open. The responsiblity is on the caller and the called to know the security level on the medium they are using, what and what not to discuss on it. Even your office intercoms are not secured, can be listed to by your IT/Telecoms group, especially during investigations.
Well lets hope privacy isnt compromised,closed case
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by aycorporat(m): 10:21am On Dec 30, 2016
sarrki:
Fayose you are on point
This guy I am beginning to like you as it seems you are objective though your blind loyalty to your boss may be your undoing at times.

1 Like

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by BlackBaron: 10:24am On Dec 30, 2016
The country's just like one big crime city with thugs, militants, rogues and so as Governors, etc. The security services on the other hand are petty, recording and releasing conversation.

It's plain sad this are the things we contend with, when the country needs braniacs to solve problems.

Funny is that Nigerians know little of the scale of surveillance possibility held by the government. You can read all about it if you know where to look.

We need laws to protect the privacy of people, especially those working in surveillance who without guidelines can use this to even keep tabs on associates, exes, etc who are outside any investigation.
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by decomaniaboss(f): 10:24am On Dec 30, 2016
maclatunji:

If people wanted to harm you and the security agencies got to know about it, you would love them to do nothing and keep their (enemies) 'secret'?
the question was ( so you don't have any secret that you wouldn't wanna wake one morning and see it at the first page of news papers or internet)? Answer
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Bonejr(m): 12:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
The Bleep giving people went straight this way

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Max24: 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
modath:

Victim? Default mode of angry embittered soul, miss me with the BS... What do i need to be afraid of? I'm not planning treasonable felony, neither am i planning domestic chaos or terrorism, so thank you for your concern & face left!!
Same exact tactics used by Hitler. After many years Nigeria is grooming another Hitler .
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
ogologoamu:

Is it all your conversations that you want the public to know?

Be sincere to yourself.

evry citizens is entitle to privacy on calls as long as d conversation is no threat to public peace /national securities ... if fayose n wike were jus discussin family or business or hw to move there states 4ward ... wil d leak av made news headie
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by mapet: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
pacino26:

Okoro, look at the last mention I received from Modath and enlighten yourself. Drink less this season it's not good for your typing.

Geeeerrrrrooooouuuutttt! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Do I look like a member of your beer-parlour community that you can dazzle with fallacies and fantasies? grin grin grin grin grin grin "Apple could not crack their code"

1 Like

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by mapet: 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
modath:

God bless you for the highlighted..... The way some people turn logic on its head dey make dem mata taya me....

This is one of the reasons I hardly attend to mentions.... not only am I really not bothered about people who deliberately misinterprete (or spin to suit their own agenda) issues, I've also gradually come to the realisation that many people on the interweb are certifiably stupid & ignorant!!!

Madam,

This highlighted part is the conclusion I am reaching lately. NL for example used to be a hub of "intelligentsia"......now turned into something else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by maclatunji: 9:04am On Dec 31, 2016
decomaniaboss:
the question was ( so you don't have any secret that you wouldn't wanna wake one morning and see it at the first page of news papers or internet)? Answer

No
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Fety84: 5:22am On Mar 22, 2018
Nigeria is the most shameful country ever I have seen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Launches Armored Fighting Vehicles, Nigerians React (Photos) / Bianca Ojukwu Celebrates Chimamanda Adichie, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Dora Akunyili / President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.