Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University (15605 Views)

Popular Owerri 'Mad Man' Graduated From A University In The US. Photos / MAPOLY Students Protest Delay In Semester Examination / MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by WanaG(m): 6:44am On Dec 30, 2016
Procedures are officially underway for the conversion of the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic to the Moshood Abiola University Of Technology.

The Ogun State House of Assembly, on Thursday, acknowledged receipt of the bills from governor Ibikunle Amosun. The bills also included the establishment, incorporation, constitution and functions of the Ogun State Polytechnic, Ipokia.

The governor's letter was read by the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Suraju Ishola Adekunbi.

Source: http://www.concaholic.com/news/ogun-set-to-convert-mapoly-to-a-university/

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by SexyNairalander: 6:51am On Dec 30, 2016
booked
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Kowor(f): 7:31am On Dec 30, 2016
Wow. Let's wait and see sha.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 30, 2016
G
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by MEGGATRON(m): 7:33am On Dec 30, 2016
they have the capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Saheed9: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2016
I think Ogun state has more than enough universities already

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by timay(m): 7:34am On Dec 30, 2016
Ogun state again?, how many tertiary institutions the govt wants to establish.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:35am On Dec 30, 2016
grin
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by cutedharmee: 7:37am On Dec 30, 2016
Dis a good news... can't wait tew c it happen
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by wallex1983(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2016
Hmmm.

Universities here and there in Ogun.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by dassyslimmy(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2016
dats if d govt can manage dem all. its becoming so many .

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 30, 2016
Nonsense. The government is unable to fund Olabisi Onabanjo university, TASUED has lost a lot of courses due to being unable to meet NUC accreditation requirements, all as a result of underfunding. There are over 5 universities in the state and the government still wanna create more problem for the state. I wonder if the government thinks with the ass.

18 Likes

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:39am On Dec 30, 2016
Make I go use my prick piss
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by faorex(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2016
can't wait to see mapoly as university of tech. even am finishing my OND soon. Rep #ArchitectureDept.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Zaheertyler(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2016
how many schools wan day Ogun abeg
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by deebsman1(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2016
Arrant nonsenses from those saying the state already has enough Unis, could an entity have enough educational institutions? In as far as they are adding positive values. America has over 7000 universities

10 Likes

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by AZeD1(m): 7:42am On Dec 30, 2016
They've not managed OOU well, they want to add another one.

What kind of dumb idiotic fools do we have in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by michaelwilli(m): 7:43am On Dec 30, 2016
I sometimes do not understand the motive behind converting a polytechnic to a university because in real sense, they have different purposes. Universities have Profs as VCs while poly has a Doctor as a rector, there is a deficiency, even though the amount o books you have read doesnt determine the sense in ur head
Most poly lecturers dont even have masters, some are lecturing with B.sc, when you can't even lecture at a university with a B.sc except maybe as graduate assistant.
What should be done is that the standard of education and quality of instruction at this institutions be improvd, not conversion from one form to another. Befor i got admission into the poly, i heard that poly does practical well, but in my department, reverse was the case and many other departments i know of. An HP proliant server that costs millions of naira is left to gather dust in my department, switches and routers we should have used for networking practical are still inside their packaging.
The issue now is not facility, but instructors who have the technical know how to use this facilities to train students.
Other forms of improving our education should be sought, not conversion of one institution to another.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by omofunaab(m): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2016
Amosun and misplaced priorities.

You want ogun state to have its third university.

We already have about four government owned polytechnics already .

We are just wasting this money anyhow

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by faorex(m): 7:46am On Dec 30, 2016
LARRYDKING:
Nonsense. The government is unable to fund Olabisi Onabanjo university, TASUED has lost a lot of courses due to being unable to meet NUC accreditation requirements, all as a result of underfunding. There are over 5 universities in the state and the government still wanna create more problem for the state. I wonder if the government thinks with the ass.
Do you how much mapoly itself generates? Do you know why mapoly hasn't strike for a long period of time? Do you know mapoly IGR is used to pay its lecturers...money full ground

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by akeensbussy(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2016
University....what about converting it to an Industry?

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by skimarvel: 7:50am On Dec 30, 2016
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2016
Buhari state grin
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 30, 2016
faorex:
Do you how much mapoly itself generates? Do you know why mapoly hasn't strike for a long period of time? Do you know mapoly IGR is used to pay its lecturers...money full ground

Keep deceiving urself, u thing running a university is same as running a poly. Have Mapoly new students started paying 200+ as school fees? When you don't get intervention from the government, oga, grown would be stunt.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Alasi20(m): 8:07am On Dec 30, 2016
State University?

MAPOLY Why... ..... .
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by chimhigher(m): 8:09am On Dec 30, 2016
Dem b creating new universities while d xsisting ones Hvent been properly taken care of

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by KINGwax007(m): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2016
MAPOLY has the capacity to become a university of technology. Their level of education is far better than most universities. If u went thru OND at MAPOLY as crossed into any university, u will understand what I mean. You must be amongst the best in ur class sha ni, unless u be yeye student for mapoly. Enough time to play enough time to work. Beautiful synergy.

Besides, if you don't have ur pHD in view, u can't even be accepted at a second lecturer at MAPOLY. ask anyone..

It's long overdue...

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by djbobby007: 8:13am On Dec 30, 2016
fastest growing state in Nigeria,industrial base of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Dicksonpal: 8:14am On Dec 30, 2016
faorex:
it doesn't really matter,.... Polytechnic is still needed in our society not all wards can make cut off marks required for university admission

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by omojeesu(m): 8:20am On Dec 30, 2016
Good idea, but isn't it all politics?

The 2 existing universities are poorly funded yet you're adding a 3rd.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by taiwo3489(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2016
michaelwilli:
I sometimes do not understand the motive behind converting a polytechnic to a university because in real sense, they have different purposes. Universities have Profs as VCs while poly has a Doctor as a rector, there is a deficiency, even though the amount o books you have read doesnt determine the sense in ur head
Most poly lecturers dont even have masters, some are lecturing with B.sc, when you can't even lecture at a university with a B.sc except maybe as graduate assistant.
What should be done is that the standard of education and quality of instruction at this institutions be improvd, not conversion from one form to another. Befor i got admission into the poly, i heard that poly does practical well, but in my department, reverse was the case and many other departments i know of. An HP proliant server that costs millions of naira is left to gather dust in my department, switches and routers we should have used for networking practical are still inside their packaging.
The issue now is not facility, but instructors who have the technical know how to use this facilities to train students.
Other forms of improving our education should be sought, not conversion of one institution to another.

Story for the gods...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Question & Ans About Sbrs Exam And The Form / ASUU: UNICAL Officially Resumes Activities, Set For Examinations / How Much Does It Cost To Take The SAT Test In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.