Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University (15604 Views)

Popular Owerri 'Mad Man' Graduated From A University In The US. Photos / MAPOLY Students Protest Delay In Semester Examination / MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by livinbygrace: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2016
KINGwax007:
MAPOLY has the capacity to become a university of technology. Their level of education is far better than most universities. If u went thru OND at MAPOLY as crossed into any university, u will understand what I mean. You must be amongst the best in ur class sha ni, unless u be yeye student for mapoly. Enough time to play enough time to work. Beautiful synergy.

Besides, if you don't have ur pHD in view, u can't even be accepted at a second lecturer at MAPOLY. ask anyone..

It's long overdue...

Better than many universities in your local government abi?Must be high on sometin!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by taiwo3489(m): 8:29am On Dec 30, 2016
KINGwax007:
MAPOLY has the capacity to become a university of technology. Their level of education is far better than most universities. If u went thru OND at MAPOLY as crossed into any university, u will understand what I mean. You must be amongst the best in ur class sha ni, unless u be yeye student for mapoly. Enough time to play enough time to work. Beautiful synergy.

Besides, if you don't have ur pHD in view, u can't even be accepted at a second lecturer at MAPOLY. ask anyone..

It's long overdue...

Oro jatijati, wat shld yabatech now say... Ode omo, whr mapoly dey wen dem dey rank poly's... Av u 4gotten Yabatech, Auchi poly...

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by taiwo3489(m): 8:30am On Dec 30, 2016
KINGwax007:

It's long overdue...

Oro jatijati, wat shld yabatech now say... Ode omo, whr mapoly dey wen dem dey rank poly's... Av u 4gotten Yabatech, Auchi poly...

#B4 u come for my head...am an akokaite(unilag)
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Oketoks(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2016
KINGwax007:

It's long overdue...

lmao, pls tell me you are joking. mapoly of all polytechnics, lollllll... this guy must be a stand up comedian
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by teee2: 8:44am On Dec 30, 2016
KINGwax007:

It's long overdue...

I think this is a grossly exaggerated. The same mapoly that I know?

@topic this is not feasible. The same has been said about kadpoly, ibadanpoly and yabatech in the past. Besides, the state has two state universities already.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Idris29(m): 8:56am On Dec 30, 2016
It is obvious the Ogun State Government has lost it all. A State Government that can not fund two state owned Universities wants to make it three.

The state is underdeveloped and all we see there and there are abandoned projects.

I graduated from OOU some 7years ago and so many departments were merged, some cources were scrapped simply because they couldnt afford to pay lecturers.

Over 50 lecturers have left OOU without replacement and what our pointed cap governor could care about is to establish more Universities while the existing are suffering.

What both OOU and TASUED gets every months every months from the state government is nothing compared to what LASU alone gets from the Lagos State Government.

Source: http://www.concaholic.com/news/ogun-set-to-convert-mapoly-to-a-university/[/quote]
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by lailo: 8:58am On Dec 30, 2016
Amosun sighted non-availability of fund a reason to want to scrap TASUED but was prevailed upon.Now same gov wants to add more university to d state.I see dis a reason he wanted to scrap TASUED in d first place,so as to pave way for d establishment of this new university in Egba Land,deleting those of Ijebu Land.Btw Egba and Ijebu,Ija sese bere niooooo.Na u first start am.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by PMWSpirit(m): 8:58am On Dec 30, 2016
Most y'all saying OOU not managed well , yet it emerged best state university in Nigeria 2016. What more management you want . Read well don't just comment if you are ignorant

http://tribuneonlineng.com/oou-adjudged-best-state-university-2016/
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Idris29(m): 9:00am On Dec 30, 2016
The guy is high on something.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by DonTim1: 9:14am On Dec 30, 2016
michaelwilli:
I sometimes do not understand the motive behind converting a polytechnic to a university because in real sense, they have different purposes. Universities have Profs as VCs while poly has a Doctor as a rector, there is a deficiency, even though the amount o books you have read doesnt determine the sense in ur head
Most poly lecturers dont even have masters, some are lecturing with B.sc, when you can't even lecture at a university with a B.sc except maybe as graduate assistant.
What should be done is that the standard of education and quality of instruction at this institutions be improvd, not conversion from one form to another. Befor i got admission into the poly, i heard that poly does practical well, but in my department, reverse was the case and many other departments i know of. An HP proliant server that costs millions of naira is left to gather dust in my department, switches and routers we should have used for networking practical are still inside their packaging.
The issue now is not facility, but instructors who have the technical know how to use this facilities to train students.
Other forms of improving our education should be sought, not conversion of one institution to another.

my people perish for lack of information
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Guru9ja(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2016
KINGwax007:

It's long overdue...
U must be from the gutter to lash out those outrageous statement. U have no knowledge about d polytechnic u are.

All u said is just senseless.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Davefirst(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2016
michaelwilli:
I sometimes do not understand the motive behind converting a polytechnic to a university because in real sense, they have different purposes. Universities have Profs as VCs while poly has a Doctor as a rector, there is a deficiency, even though the amount o books you have read doesnt determine the sense in ur head
Most poly lecturers dont even have masters, some are lecturing with B.sc, when you can't even lecture at a university with a B.sc except maybe as graduate assistant.
What should be done is that the standard of education and quality of instruction at this institutions be improvd, not conversion from one form to another. Befor i got admission into the poly, i heard that poly does practical well, but in my department, reverse was the case and many other departments i know of. An HP proliant server that costs millions of naira is left to gather dust in my department, switches and routers we should have used for networking practical are still inside their packaging.
The issue now is not facility, but instructors who have the technical know how to use this facilities to train students.
Other forms of improving our education should be sought, not conversion of one institution to another.

Let me try to inform you on Mapoly first because I can see that you haven't done a background research of the school before this comment. MAPOLY is one of the Foremost Poly with Professor [/b]as the Rector of the school. [b] Most of the HoDs in all department are either PHd holder or PHd in view, the departments in the school are well equipped more than most universities in the country; and the school has been independently run for over 6 years now through its IGR. Mapoly has been long due to be have become university. It's a welcome development for the State and the govt of the day.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Davefirst(m): 9:24am On Dec 30, 2016
taiwo3489:

Oga, Yabatech is living on old Glory Joh! you know how it takes evaluating to finish your HND programme in the school and the management have destroy the pride og the former first institution. speaking from experience
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Guru9ja(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2016
Davefirst:

Oga, Yabatech is living on old Glory Joh! you know how it takes evaluating to finish your HND programme in the school and the management have destroy the pride og the former first institution. speaking from experience
So...what's your point. Are u insinuating Mapoly should be the best polytechnic in Nigeria.

I blame FG for not converting Yabatech to a University
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by teawhy2788(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2016
michaelwilli:

Go mk ur research well o! Mapoly Rector is a a Professor,and no any BSC holders lecturer there o! Evn in my mass comm dept where I graduated,we av abt 5 PHD holders lecturers there
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Davefirst(m): 9:35am On Dec 30, 2016
lailo:
Amosun sighted non-availability of fund a reason to want to scrap TASUED but was prevailed upon.Now same gov wants to add more university to d state.I see dis a reason he wanted to scrap TASUED in d first place,so as to pave way for d establishment of this new university in Egba Land,deleting those of Ijebu Land.Btw Egba and Ijebu,Ija sese bere niooooo.Na u first start am.
grin
lailo:
:-) Lol
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by KINGwax007(m): 9:44am On Dec 30, 2016
livinbygrace:

Better than many universities in your local government abi?Must be high on sometin!!
livinbygrace:

Guru9ja:
U must be from the gutter to lash out those outrageous statement. U have no knowledge about d polytechnic u are.

All u said is just senseless.
teee2:

I think this is a grossly exaggerated. The same mapoly that I know?

@topic this is not feasible. The same has been said about kadpoly, ibadanpoly and yabatech in the past. Besides, the state has two state universities already.
Oketoks:

lmao, pls tell me you are joking. mapoly of all polytechnics, lollllll... this guy must be a stand up comedian
You must be really pained. Naturally, I am one of the bad eggs of Nairaland cool, I knw the type of response you deserve but new year dey come, make I pretend that I'm a food guy. grin

This kind hypertensive behavior you dey display, I hope heart attack won't visit you soon. Take it or leave it if your PhD is not in view, u can't be a second lecturer in MAPOLY.

But, so far...I'm in a good mood...

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by KINGwax007(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2016
taiwo3489:

oh... grin an akokaite... grin grin see how the idiot said it like,

Hey, I from Oxford or Harvard..

grin grin grin

Yeye guy. U can't even compete with yabatech...aside law, what other courses are u good at?

Oh...don't tell me, prostitution and yahoo yahoo grin grin

MIMIKING THE IDIOT: I am an akokaite.. grin cheesy grin grin

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by fineyemi(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2016
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by brighttech95(m): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2016
this is no longer news b4 my ND in 2014 they were feeding us this same story now am starting IT nothing has happened...rep mech engr
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by michaelwilli(m): 10:07am On Dec 30, 2016
Davefirst:

Let me try to inform you on Mapoly first because I can see that you haven't done a background research of the school before this comment. MAPOLY is one of the Foremost Poly with Professor [/b]as the Rector of the school. [b] Most of the HoDs in all department are either PHd holder or PHd in view, the departments in the school are well equipped more than most universities in the country; and the school has been independently run for over 6 years now through its IGR. Mapoly has been long due to be have become university. It's a welcome development for the State and the govt of the day.
Maybe you were a student of the school sha. But dyu know the information people outside have of mapoly?
The common information is that if u apply for mapoly, you'll get admission even if you scored very low in their aptitude test. This now shows that the school has a low standard. That's what we outside think.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by michaelwilli(m): 10:09am On Dec 30, 2016
DonTim1:

my people perish for lack of information
what information dyu have that u think I dont?
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by michaelwilli(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2016
taiwo3489:

Story for the gods...
I doubt the gods of ur village can read
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Guru9ja(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2016
KINGwax007:
You must be really pained. Naturally, I am one of the bad eggs of Nairaland cool, I knw the type of response you deserve but new year dey come, make I pretend that I'm a food guy. grin

This kind hypertensive behavior you dey display, I hope heart attack won't visit you soon. Take it or leave it if your PhD is not in view, u can't be a second lecturer in MAPOLY.

But, so far...I'm in a good mood...
Mapoly...That Mapoly. You must be high on osogbo weed.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by PsychoPea(m): 10:15am On Dec 30, 2016
teawhy2788:

Go mk ur research well o! Mapoly Rector is a a Professor,and no any BSC holders lecturer there o! Evn in my mass comm dept where I graduated,we av abt 5 PHD holders lecturers there
just about 5. Thats very serious.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Guru9ja(m): 10:15am On Dec 30, 2016
michaelwilli:

Maybe you were a student of the school sha. But dyu know the information people outside have of mapoly?
The common information is that if u apply for mapoly, you'll get admission even if you scored very low in their aptitude test. This now shows that the school has a low standard. That's what we outside think.
SECONDED
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by gidimasters(m): 10:22am On Dec 30, 2016
AZeD1:
They've not managed OOU well, they want to add another one.

What kind of dumb idiotic fools do we have in Nigeria?

Lol see you... The government you mentioned is just a figure head.....

Mapoly is under ogun state government but there operation is more like stand alone...

When last did dey go on strike? During gbenga Daniel tenure....

When all the schools managed by ogun state are having issues,

Na only mapoly no dey get....

Confirm your words before you say rubbish here
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by gidimasters(m): 10:24am On Dec 30, 2016
michaelwilli:

That's a story of the past bro....

The new rector dey shake all of them now....

Lecturers wey do anyhow don know how far now...
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Cool83(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2016
why can't he focused on improving the available institutions instead of creating another one
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by Guru9ja(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2016
gidimasters:

Lol see you... The government you mentioned is just a figure head.....

Mapoly is under ogun state government but there operation is more like stand alone...

When last did dey go on strike? During gbenga Daniel tenure....

When all the schools managed by ogun state are having issues,

Na only mapoly no dey get....

Confirm your words before you say rubbish here
Gidimasters. Am cocksure u are happy with this development in your school. I need u to be candid with me. Is it true Mapoly has a prof as rector and many PhD holders as lecturer. Plsss b honest.
Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by KINGwax007(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2016
Guru9ja:
Mapoly...That Mapoly. You must be high on osogbo weed.
guy, which university did you go to that made you so mentally poor, such that you cannot think on how to make money, at least, so minute, to buy a poison, so that you may end your frustrated life?

This your level of cry cry dey worry me o..

Re: Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University by gidimasters(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2016
Davefirst:

Bro, tell them oooo... Na so dem go dey talk rubbish upandan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Received Your JAMB Mock Exam Score? / Question & Ans About Sbrs Exam And The Form / ASUU: UNICAL Officially Resumes Activities, Set For Examinations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.