Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,189 members, 7,807,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! (7835 Views)

Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / Carlcare Service Ng: We're Back On Nairaland! / Carlcare Is Here With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by kazzonline: 10:16am On Dec 30, 2016
CAVEAT:This is not to discourage anyone from visiting tecno carlcare thou,especially when your phones are still under warranty,the free service they provide is awesome,but when out of warranty and they bill you ridiculous prices,i believe its advisable to get a second opinion.

So i have this tecno w4 i  brought brand new for  26,500 at 3c hub digital square ikeja.unfortunately,my 2year old cousin tossed it inside water,it got damaged,took it to carl care(digital square),the lady told me rudely that it would cost me 16k,because the board got damaged,meanwhile the phone was working but it wasnt displaying anything on tbe screen,
I felt it would be wise to rather add money and go buy a brand new phone,so i left.
But on my way home i approached an engineer at computer village and explained my predicament to him,he sharply unscrewed the phone,did some brushing and cleaning,and screwed it back,just like a miracle,my water damaged tecno w4 which i was told the board has been ruined came back to life and still working perfectly till date,funny thing is that i didnt even spend up to 2k i even had to dash the engineer extra cash.
So people always seek a second opinion when you are been charged for out of warranty serices at tecno carlcare,but me personally,i would never vist there carlcare offices anymore.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by papadjaji: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2016
Same goes for any of these GSM coy. Once your phone outlives it's warranty, just seek private repairs whenever the need (for repairs) arises.
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by kazzonline: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2016
papadjaji:
Same goes for any of these GSM coy. Once your phone outlives it's warranty, just seek private repairs whenever the need (for repairs) arises.

My phone was never out of warranty,its barely 5months old,but the damage is out of warranty,nd the billing was outrageous
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
kazzonline:

My phone was never out of warranty,its barely 5months old,but the damage is out of warranty,nd the billing was outrageous
Thank God for you.but that amount is outrageous. How a spare part be more expensive than the phone itself?
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Solosolojohquay: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
Bros how come you bought your phone at 26,500k i price tecno w4 at slot and the surrounding store at the rate of 34k and was told anything lesser than that means is a fake tecno w4 since I don't know how to identify the fake I was discourage from buying the phone.
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by kazzonline: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2016
Solosolojohquay:
Bros how come you bought your phone at 26,500k i price tecno w4 at slot and the surrounding store at the rate of 34k and was told anything lesser than that means is a fake tecno w4 since I don't know how to identify the fake I was discourage from buying the phone.

see the part where i wrote the phone is barely 5months old,i brought it july 2016 26.5k at 3c hub digital square if u want proof of purchase and reciept,tell me i would upload,
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
I knew all these carl care are fraudsters,there is one carlcare agent here called carlcaresophia that redirects people of the same predicament to go to carlcare office where they will be sapped and cheated,beware.
Does she want to buy a new car or does she think you are a foolish benefactor?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
They could have do the same thing the Engineer did and charge u 16k, yet they will still ask u to wait for one week before u could collect ur phone. Something someone else did for less than 5mins. They claims to be professionals!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by kazzonline: 9:21am On Dec 31, 2016
wizzywisdom:
They could have do the same thing the Engineer did and charge u 16k, yet they will still ask u to wait for one week before u could collect ur phone. Something someone else did for less than 5mins. They claims to be professionals!!!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by androsurf: 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
wizzywisdom:

You guys dey fear me ooo. Just bought my tecno w4 less than two months ago, noticed the phone started getting hot while charging it. I'm on holiday n far away from home (my receipt not with me), and this place is close to ikeja. I went to Carlcare office 3days ago but they're on break till 2nd of Jan. Hope they will attend to me nicely sha...
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
androsurf:

You guys dey fear me ooo. Just bought my tecno w4 less than two months ago, noticed the phone started getting hot while charging it. I'm on holiday n far away from home (my receipt not with me), and this place is close to ikeja. I went to Carlcare office 3days ago but they're on break till 2nd of Jan. Hope they will attend to me nicely sha...
Your case might be different but be ready to drop ur phone for one week. I went there to change Tecno C8 speaker and I was ask to drop the phone for a week.
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by androsurf: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2016
wizzywisdom:

Your case might be different but be ready to drop ur phone for one week. I went there to change Tecno C8 speaker and I was ask to drop the phone for a week.

Dropping my phone Will be an issue oooo, as I would be travelling back to osun on the 3rd. Please is there any Carlcare office in osun or Ibadan? embarassed
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by androsurf: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2016
Just got hold of their branch address in Ibadan. cool

1st Floor, Alpha and Omega Building, Queen Elizabeth Road, Mokola, Ibadan, Nigeria +234 9099093018 +234 8172005296
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by scarycuteface(m): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
As much as you feel these Carlcare guys may be rude or insensitive, I think going to an acceredited repair shop for products is key. True, road side engineers might be of help or might give u lower prices, but I'm sure that if they don't find a solution or any other faults arises, you will be accusing Tecno of making a substandard device. Hopefully, tecno will look into this complaints about carlcare and find a solution to it.
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Carlcaresophia: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2017
kazzonline:
CAVEAT:This is not to discourage anyone from visiting tecno carlcare thou,especially when your phones are still under warranty,the free service they provide is awesome,but when out of warranty and they bill you ridiculous prices,i believe its advisable to get a second opinion.

So i have this tecno w4 i  brought brand new for  26,500 at 3c hub digital square ikeja.unfortunately,my 2year old cousin tossed it inside water,it got damaged,took it to carl care(digital square),the lady told me rudely that it would cost me 16k,because the board got damaged,meanwhile the phone was working but it wasnt displaying anything on tbe screen,
I felt it would be wise to rather add money and go buy a brand new phone,so i left.
But on my way home i approached an engineer at computer village and explained my predicament to him,he sharply unscrewed the phone,did some brushing and cleaning,and screwed it back,just like a miracle,my water damaged tecno w4 which i was told the board has been ruined came back to life and still working perfectly till date,funny thing is that i didnt even spend up to 2k i even had to dash the engineer extra cash.
So people always seek a second opinion when you are been charged for out of warranty serices at tecno carlcare,but me personally,i would never vist there carlcare offices anymore.
Hello kazzonline, sorry to hear that, please kindly send us your phone number, IMEI, work order number so that we can transfer your info to our colleagues to check the details. Thank you!
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by somehowpenis(m): 11:55am On Jan 16, 2017
Carlcaresophia:

Hello kazzonline, sorry to hear that, please kindly send us your phone number, IMEI, work order number so that we can transfer your info to our colleagues to check the details. Thank you!
bull_shit.. send you all the details for what exactly? After about 3weeks of him fixing his phone? Blob.
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Protein0: 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
kazzonline:

Chief, we need to talk on whatsapp o. Kindly send me a msg on 08130403832, u can drop urs here too if u don't mind. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Eldrizzy1: 7:01am On Apr 19, 2018
I have a camon cm which is barely 3 months old it accidentally fel and now it has a broken touch..... Please can i have a rough estimate on how much i be charged by carlcare
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by sureinfo: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2018
That's pathetic, why would the operatives act like that, but if you had mentioned that your tecno phone fell in water I would have asked you to put it in rice or garri to dry it, you myt not have needed to spend a dime afterall
kazzonline:

1 Like

Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Realboygenius(m): 10:10am On Apr 23, 2018
We can blame Carlcare because I feel they're going to do a perfect job on your device.. at times you might be giving another device.
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by tafat: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2018
Realboygenius:
We can blame Carlcare because I feel they're going to do a perfect job on your device.. at times you might be giving another device.
blame Carl care for what,? I think they are really doing good
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by madgoat(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2018
tafat:
blame Carl care for what,? I think they are really doing good

Because them never pluck your eyes yet. Carlcare was fantastic when they first started. Infact, the customer care people will even call you that your fone was ready for collection. But now they are rubbish.
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by HairBeau: 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
what are you to provide before the attend to you
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by omoalajah(m): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
Have had good experience with carlcare though
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by missslimzy(f): 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
I think your receipt
HairBeau:
what are you to provide before the attend to you
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
kazzonline:

It goes the same way for almost every cc out there. Once it's water damaged they won't even bother to open it, they just bill u straight away. So sometimes it's better to go other repair shops. Even some big repair shops will tell u the same. I once had a galaxy s6 that dropped and the display stopped working. Took it to slot and they told me the display was 45k flat without opening it. I also almost paid but decided to try that normally fixed my phone since slot and other big repair shops don't let u see when they are working on ur phone. Took it to the guy he told me the display is 40k, but that he will first open the phone in my presence to see maybe something was out of contact. On opening the phone , touched some contacts and turned it on, like magic phone came back alive. That was how I saved 45k, the guy collected just 2k.
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by tafat: 10:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
yeah, i have heard a lot of good about them, i think they are doing great
omoalajah:
Have had good experience with carlcare though
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Dunkemiowon: 1:04pm On May 21, 2020
My own experience with calcare was worse,

Please shine your eye before you buy that techno phone, the repair outfit (calcare) is another corporate scam

It is never my style to communicate my grievances online but honestly, I now understand the plight of some that do. The hurt is just too painful for one to bear.

My terrible experience with calcare the second time is unbearable and I just feel its becoming a style by the company, when you complain about your damaged phone. I have always been a fan of tecno phones due to long lasting battery capacity but hardly do my tecno phone spend a year or more before they develop one fault or the other. Its like the lifespan of their phones is pegged to a year. Once your phone clocks a year and above (after the warranty period) it starts misbehaving.

My first experience was my techno L8 plus under warranty, the phone just went blank about few months before one year, I went to calcare opebi and the response I got was, even if your phone is under warranty, the damage is definitely caused by a conduct which is not covered by warranty. It was like the customer care are trained and bent on narrowing your complain to an act of yours when its on warranty and you have done practically nothing but to mistakenly buy a sub standard phone that is quick to develop internal faults like tecno.

The one that hurts me most is the aspect of condemning your phone with so many problem and associating any damage of the phone to the board of the phone. Since the board is the most expensive part of the phone, any repair request touches the board to generate more money for calcare.

When I wanted to replace my techno L8 plus, my husband advised me not to buy tecno phone that won't last for more than one year, he said joking, don't tell me you want to buy tecno again, it will soon develop a fault and the next thing you hear when you visit calcare is the board is bad, buy another one its 22,000.

I gave calcare a benefit of doubt and bot pouvoir 2, but I regretted it.

My phone was functioning save for the screen that broke just over a year and two months after purchase, I went to calcare oba akran reluctantly praying that they wont associate the broken screen to board but lool and behold, i was wrong, when I got there, the lady looked at the phone and directed me to the engineer by the corner, the engineer opened my phone and said, the board, fingerprint, screen etc are bad, he wrote them in a pink paper and gave me, I took the paper to the first lady that attended to me, she directed me to a guy on customer care, the guy calculated over 41,000 to repair my small pouvoir two, he said he will advise me to buy another phone as my phone was spoilt beyond repair. I said the phone I am still using, I told him that I can't afford 41k during this period of pandemic but requested if i can repair the broken screen out of the four things they listed as that is what I can afford for now. I will do the rest later, he looked at me like ( dont you know we are here to make money) and smiled, ma, you have to do everything at once here, we will not repair your screen, if you do not buy another board, everything has to be done together,), I pleaded with him that the phone is functioning save for the screen in my opinion and that if the screen is repaired, I am OK and I won't hold calcare responsible for any fault whatsoever after repairing my screen. He just turned his face and continued his work on the system. I felt, calcare was only interested in the bulk money from me(which I don't have) and not the little money I can afford to repair the screen. He said madam, when you are ready to repair the board, and other things, come, but we can't repair your screen alone even if you absorb us of any liability before repairing the screen. I just left and he smiled. I got the message. Calcare only needs to identify plenty faults in my phone and insist on the one I must do which will generate more revenue. That is broad day corporate robbery...

It is sad that despite my willingness to pay for the screen, absorb calcare of any fault before and after repairing the screen, calcare was not ready to repair my phone, they just needed to repair the board which is about 24k at all cost. Too bad.

I will not advise anyone to buy a tecno phone because of the covetousness of their repair outfit (calcare).

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by Chuksteric(m): 1:19pm On May 21, 2020
Wow
Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by skywalker240(m): 1:49pm On May 21, 2020
Much more grace.

dunkemiowon your story is just exactly what many Nigerians who bought tecno are facing right now.

these are one of the things we try to make people see on this phone section. grin

after the pandemic when things goes back to norm, get a better device. And when we say better devices, Infinix and Itel are not included because they're all same. all 3 (Tecno, Infinix, Itel) are from same maker Transsion holdings.

1 Like

Re: Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!! by TrollKiller(m): 2:41pm On May 21, 2020
Dunkemiowon:
My own experience with calcare was worse,

Please shine your eye before you buy that techno phone, the repair outfit (calcare) is another corporate scam

It is never my style to communicate my grievances online but honestly, I now understand the plight of some that do. The hurt is just too painful for one to bear.

My terrible experience with calcare the second time is unbearable and I just feel its becoming a style by the company, when you complain about your damaged phone. I have always been a fan of tecno phones due to long lasting battery capacity but hardly do my tecno phone spend a year or more before they develop one fault or the other. Its like the lifespan of their phones is pegged to a year. Once your phone clocks a year and above (after the warranty period) it starts misbehaving.

My first experience was my techno L8 plus under warranty, the phone just went blank about few months before one year, I went to calcare opebi and the response I got was, even if your phone is under warranty, the damage is definitely caused by a conduct which is not covered by warranty. It was like the customer care are trained and bent on narrowing your complain to an act of yours when its on warranty and you have done practically nothing but to mistakenly buy a sub standard phone that is quick to develop internal faults like tecno.

The one that hurts me most is the aspect of condemning your phone with so many problem and associating any damage of the phone to the board of the phone. Since the board is the most expensive part of the phone, any repair request touches the board to generate more money for calcare.

When I wanted to replace my techno L8 plus, my husband advised me not to buy tecno phone that won't last for more than one year, he said joking, don't tell me you want to buy tecno again, it will soon develop a fault and the next thing you hear when you visit calcare is the board is bad, buy another one its 22,000.

I gave calcare a benefit of doubt and bot pouvoir 2, but I regretted it.

My phone was functioning save for the screen that broke just over a year and two months after purchase, I went to calcare oba akran reluctantly praying that they wont associate the broken screen to board but lool and behold, i was wrong, when I got there, the lady looked at the phone and directed me to the engineer by the corner, the engineer opened my phone and said, the board, fingerprint, screen etc are bad, he wrote them in a pink paper and gave me, I took the paper to the first lady that attended to me, she directed me to a guy on customer care, the guy calculated over 41,000 to repair my small pouvoir two, he said he will advise me to buy another phone as my phone was spoilt beyond repair. I said the phone I am still using, I told him that I can't afford 41k during this period of pandemic but requested if i can repair the broken screen out of the four things they listed as that is what I can afford for now. I will do the rest later, he looked at me like ( dont you know we are here to make money) and smiled, ma, you have to do everything at once here, we will not repair your screen, if you do not buy another board, everything has to be done together,), I pleaded with him that the phone is functioning save for the screen in my opinion and that if the screen is repaired, I am OK and I won't hold calcare responsible for any fault whatsoever after repairing my screen. He just turned his face and continued his work on the system. I felt, calcare was only interested in the bulk money from me(which I don't have) and not the little money I can afford to repair the screen. He said madam, when you are ready to repair the board, and other things, come, but we can't repair your screen alone even if you absorb us of any liability before repairing the screen. I just left and he smiled. I got the message. Calcare only needs to identify plenty faults in my phone and insist on the one I must do which will generate more revenue. That is broad day corporate robbery...

It is sad that despite my willingness to pay for the screen, absorb calcare of any fault before and after repairing the screen, calcare was not ready to repair my phone, they just needed to repair the board which is about 24k at all cost. Too bad.

I will not advise anyone to buy a tecno phone because of the covetousness of their repair outfit (calcare).

Thanks.
don't mind them
tecno and Carlcare is just a two-in-one scam package.
for those who always complain about availability of parts... tecno is no different

which one will you pick?
available and over priced spare part (which are inferior) from tecno?

or

moderate priced spare part you buy yourself (xiaomi, huawei) and give to a good engineer to fix?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom A2 Vs Nokia Torch Light.. / Can Techno Mobile Phones Be Used As Internet Modem For Browsing On Pc?find Out! / To Get Free Downloads For Ur Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.